• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Battle for the Great Plains

(( shadow_lugia: Uh, yes? :D;; ))

Scar simply smiled, looking around at everyone else's reactions. From his position, closest to Crescentia save her own daughter, he had a good view of everyone's expressions and body language. Twila wouldn't meet his gaze, though he'd often figured that she didn't really know him because her mother was the one who taught her, not him. She ought to know not to fear him - it was the dragons who had reason to despise him, not the pokegryphs. And if she must fear anything, let it be the dragons, for her fear would soon give way to hatred.

He had yet to really get to know Twila's battle style and ability, but if it was anything like her mothers', he needn't worry. Perhaps, without natural armour, she'd put herself more at risk that way, but she had to have quickly adapted once she reached the real battlefield. He'd likely serve under her one day, perhaps once they'd taken over the Great Plains and they had time to expand their territory.

The clan would become great under her mother's rule, and perhaps even greater under hers.

He was looking forward to this battle, as he always did.

Zius yawned widely as he awakened. The Garchomp's indigo scales glittered in the early morning sunlight, as did his shark-like teeth. The soft bed of plain grasses brushed against his tough skin as he stood up. His tail whipped from side to side in the wind.

Eyes scanning the horizon, Zius began to feel tense. Those PokeGryph half-breeds better not be planning another raid... I don't think I can stand much more of this. He sighed. The first days of the small raids were at first exhilarating; the competition was strong but not undefeatable. However, there were moments of sadness when comrades became crippled or died gruesome deaths. Zius knew at some point the PokeGryphs would be launching a serious attempt into battle... and he was not looking forward to it.

The Garchomp wheeled around to look at his clan members, some of whom were also sleeping on the grass. "Morning scouting time!" he called loudly at the crowd. "I need a few volunteers to scout the plains with me, keeping some tabs on enemies and some territory marking. Who's coming today?"

Form:
Name: Griffia Featherwing
Clan: PokeGryph
If PokeGryph, what are you made of?: Pidgeot and Persian
Rank in Clan: Warrior
Appearance: Griffia has the backfeet, tail and body of a Persian. Her front feet are the legs of a Pidgeot. The gem on her head glows when she is in battle. Her body is dark brown, and her wings, beige. Her eyes are dark red, like her gem.
Personality: She is mostly happy and social. But when in battle, she is ferocious and bloodthirsty, not showing mercy to anyone who crosses her path. She is pretty unpatient, and want to get as much done as possible in as little time as possible.
Bio: Griffia was born not in any clan. Her mother was Luna (Umbreon+Pidgeot) and her father Glimmer (Persian+Fearow), but both died in a fight against the Dragon Clan. Griffia found the PokeGryph Clan, and decided to join because she had nothing better to do.

I'll finish later, okay? I'll reserve that space.

Finished :D
I'm finished with the application. *Hopes to get accepted*

Forfaves flexed her talons and flapped her wings, shreeing joyfully. She wanted to sing a song, but she wasn't stupid, and she knew that would probably be a bad idea. So she decided to wait until they got outside to sing "Song that Gets on Everyone's Nerves."

((Welcome! :D You can start to post now))

Crescentia gazed northward, eyes locked on the area the Dragons still claimed. But not for long... Soon, it would all be theirs, and they could be free of this wretched swamp. The ones that had killed her mate would pay, oh yes they would...

She looked back down at the group, hopeful for this next raid. Perhaps they would be able to kill the Dragon leader this time. Then the others would be easy enough to drive away or kill.

Iltuma raised her head at the sound of Zius' call and got up, shaking some grass off of her.
"I'll come." She said, padding up to the Garchomp. Maybe while on patrol she could grab something to eat. She looked back at the sleeping membered of the clan, and smiled.

The giant Flygon known as Kali sat up from her perch atop a large, smooth rock in the valley. She was awakened from the Garchomp's announcement, and felt it was time to provide her input. "Well, listen," she began to speak, in a deep, but feminine-sounding voice. "You know as well as I do that the Griffs have been on the move lately. If you see any, determine how many there are and one of you come back and see me. The rest of you, do not engage, even if there is only one. Stay hidden and watch their movements. If they spot you, move out of the way.

Kali turned to her son, the new alpha in training. She saw such great pride and potential in him, and gave a little smile. "Screech, I'd like you to organize and lead the scouting party. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Make us all proud." She gave a little sigh, thinking to herself, He sure has grown so much. Soon he'll be the one in command of our entire society. But there's just one thing he's missing, that currently keeps him from becoming a true Alpha... he needs to find the right one for a mate. Only then will he evolve and together take my place.

Zius took the news without comment, but he smiled faintly to himself. Although of two different species, he and Screech were relatively close in age, and Zius knew the Vibrava to be a talented and enthusiastic individual. No doubt he'll be a good leader someday... I guess he needs the experience much more than I do. A pang of jealousy tugged at the Garchomp's heart, as it always did when he was refused the higher positions. He shrugged it off, trying to concentrate on the task at hand.

In response to Iltuma, he offered an encouraging smile and nodded politely at her. At least I'm not as bad as before... When he first learned of the existence of a PokeGryph in the clan, he had reacted in blind outrage. Zius was not the only one who had voiced outrage at the idea; many others had done so before he was born. However, later on, he grew to respect Iltuma for the hardship and discrimination she endured to join the Dragon Clan. Now, he knew, he should be ashamed of his past actions.

"Screech," he called over the snores of his herd. "We should be heading off now, we don't want our leader to miss his own scouting mission!"

Iltuma looked at the Vibrava, who she thought of like a little brother. She smiled and tried to think of him as a Flygon. It was hard for her, she remembered when he was just a Trapinch.
She looked up to her leader. If she did encounter any PokeGryphs, she'd have to try and not let her anger get the best of her. She started preening her feathers to distract herself.

(( Ugh, we need some easy way of distinguishing between Dragon and Pokegryph posts. Or when we split into different groups, we need more for those. Colours would do no good... idk fonts seems doable, but... anyway, any suggestions? ))

Scar flexed his paws and fluffy wings, smirking as he stood and looked back at the rest of the pokegryphs.

"Exen," he called. "Alunin. Jaecia."

After a few moments, a staraptor/mightyena, dodrio/arcanine, and pure black murkrow/absol detached from the main group in the order he called them in. These three were amongst his most trusted lieutenants. Exen had often beaten the odds with sheer courage and determination, and fought fiercely in the air. Alunin, who could not even fly, was more proficient on the ground than any other pokegryph, and could run faster than most could fly. Jaecia had power on neither air nor land, but made up for it in sheer skill on both. Scar had heard that she brought curses to all her enemies.

"Exen, you will fly at my right. Jaecia, you fly at my left."

Exen bowed his head in acquiescence. Jaecia simply stared with her blazing red eyes.

"Alara, Lunessa, Niniette." He was using the full names of all three heads, knowing it would get their full attention. "I charge you with leading the defence of our young and our territory. You may organise the remaining forces as you wish."

Niniette was the only one not to meet his gaze; he knew she hatted everything about battle, even if she was great at it. She was the first to suggest escape, but she didn't hold back when it came to actually fighting. Lunessa was likely just happy to help as usual, while Alara--

"What!?" she snapped. "Why do we have to stay behind? We're good enough to fight, even if we can't fly!"

"I know," Scar answered, and left it at that. Alunin would do what he said regardless of their conflicting feelings, and Niniette was probably secretly thanking him because she didn't have to kill.

He padded over beside his leader. He only dared to do this because of his rank; he wasn't that familiar with her, though perhaps more than the other pokegryphs would be. "Crescentia. Allow me to lead my forces to ignite certain areas of the northern plains to distract the Dragon Clan. We will strike the flank of their forces when they engage you."

Crescentia turned to face Scar, eyes gleaming. She shook her head before speaking.

"You will stay. You may send your subordanates to do anything you may have planned, but you will be with us to teach Twila to raid. She has never been on a raid, and you would make an excellent teacher." She purred, stretching her steel wings as she gazed at Scar.

Crescentia slid off the carcass after she spoke, landing with a dull splash in the mucky swamp.

"Does anyone have any questions?"

Being trusted to teach the Alpha's daughter was a great honour indeed, and Scar didn't really mind as long as he could still fight, so he couldn't truly be disappointed. He wished he could have somehow done both, but the Alpha's daughter was not immune to fire as those he'd had in mind.

It was possible to change that very quickly, yes, and his strategy was as much a part of a raid as anything he could teach, but even Crescentia cared for her daughter and wanted her close, he was sure. At the very least, she didn't quite trust Scar enough to bring the Alpha-to-be out of her sight and protection.

"As you say, Leader," he murmured, turning back and splashing a bit as he turned back to the large group. His blue eyes scanned the everyone that had gathered as he walked, and finally locked on Thycil, the fierce skarmory/flareon pokegryph. Thycil was not as proficient in... anything as Exen, Alunin, and Jaecia, but he was the best leader who was immune to flames.

"Thycil. You will lead the firestarters. Choose ten others wisely."

Thycil screeched in agreement. Scar quickly found Uramine, the chatot/houndour pokegryph. Uramine was nowhere near the strongest, even amongst those immune to flames, but he got along well with Thycil.

"Uramine, assist him. Your command will be second only to Thycil's."

"Yeah!" Uramine cheered. "Awesome! Thank you so much, Scar!"

Scar turned away as Uramine nearly bounced toward Thycil, so happy was he. When Thycil and Uramine struck the Dragon clan's flank, they would be empowered by the flames.

(( *is very quickly expanding the pokegryph herd* ))

((PokéGryph posting here :D))

Griffia growled in agreement. She loved all that had something to do with fighting, to feel her claws tear up flesh, the blood in her mouth. Her eyes gleamed red.

Forfaves shreed even louder as Griffia growled. Hopefully someone would take notice of her, as she enjoyed being in the spotlight.

Iltuma turned to see a sleeping Salamance.
"Hey, Lanceal! You wanna come with us for the patrol?" She asked. She had known the Salamance since he was a Bagon, and they were very close.
He raised his head and smiled.
"I'd be delighted to, Il!" He called back.

((hey, if Kusa can do it...))

(( okay so it's a continuation of my previous post because I cut off weirdly. o.o ))

Scar - male pokegryph

And with their own strengthened flames, the firestarters could burn even a dragon's flesh with fire as strong as Scar's. Their fire was not dragonfire, but he knew that they could be just as deadly, especially since theirs burned flesh more thoroughly, which was more effective in hindering an opponent.

Things hadn't even started, but he was already getting the pieces into place. Scar had to smile at that.

There were a few more pokegryphs he had to get prepared, however. This next one would not be up to him, however.

He turned back toward Twila and padded toward her. "Twila? I will be guiding you as we launch this attack. It is your first, Leader tells me, but you should still learn to use subordinates effectively. As Alpha, you will be able to choose which pokegryphs will follow you, and how many. So I will allow you to choose between six of my own subordinates. You may choose any number you like, between one and six."

There was no way he could give her every bit of relevant information on these twelve, but he had to give her enough.

"Kir is a male pidgeot/luxray pokegryph, aged twenty-three. Nothing escapes his eyes, and his speed is greater than mine. He favours widespread attacks, however, and it can be perilous to fly near him when he is attacking. He is also very proud, so you must take care not to offend him to avoid unnecessary arguments. Forgive him if he loses his temper, as a slight to his pride will make him forget himself."

He glanced over at one of the young ones - Forfaves, if his memory served him well - disrupted his speech with a cry, but looked away again. It mattered not, as long as Twila could hear Scar talk.

"Quill is a female noctowl/espeon pokegryph, aged nineteen. She is near-silent at all times until she has something important to say, and very thoughtful. I will vouch for her intelligence myself. It is more difficult for her to think in battle, as she tends to take some time, but she is at least worth listening to.

"Liten is a male spearow/poochyena pokegryph, at age eleven. He is fiercely determined to follow his orders, though he may follow them somewhat blindly. He is more inexperienced than you are, so he would truly seek your guidance while Kir and Quill both will think for themselves if you are occupied. He'll hide his pain from you, so don't let his explanations and actions fool your eyes if you notice anything that would greatly injure him.

"Jeon is a male starly/poochyena, aged thirteen. He may be quite nervous for this upcoming battle, and appear negative, but when the time comes, he will fight bravely despite the odds. He may challenge your authority, but if you are firm, he'll submit. He may offer a bit of trouble until you prove yourself in battle, and his words can be hurtful, but if you show what your mother taught you, he will grow to respect you. He may become your most loyal follower in time, if you continue to lead him.

"Nich is a female skarmory/eevee, aged ten, who aspires to evolve into a skarmory/umbreon much like your mother. She attempts to emulate your mother's personality and style as much as she can, and I believe she'll be happy to meet you. She'll undoubtedly fiercely defend you if you are attacked, and will be happy to follow any of your orders."

There was one last pokegryph to offer, but he'd noticed that he'd offered several younger pokegryphs who wouldn't be able to stand on their own. He needed one more that had experience, but wouldn't challenge a leader with less experience than their followers.

"Slayer is a female fearow/glaceon pokegryph, aged twenty-eight. Her beak is quick to speak or attack, and her stamina in the air is excellent. She is not proficient at fighting on the ground, however, and though her keen eyes quickly spot openings, she may be a bit too eager to strike them. However her powerful ice control will be very effective against the dragons, especially the strongest dragons. It would be most unfortunate if a pokegryph was struck by one of her attacks, however, as most of us are nearly as vulnerable to the cold as the dragons are."

She was interested in Scar as a mate, he didn't say, and he'd test her suitability through this battle, when he could see how she fought for himself.

"Choose wisely, Twila, and I will see that they receive your summons."

(( x.o well no need to choose them all right ))

Twila gets to her feet, studying the ones that Scar has offered her. She holds back urge to shiver, feeling herself grow colder when he came towards her. She finally decides on the ones she going to use.

"...Slayer, Nich, and Jeon.."

Jeon...you will follow my commands, you will repect me, and you will follow me in my plan to change this war. Nich...yes, I can use you for my means...I will hope that you will agree with me in time. Slayer...I wish to evolve into a Glaceon, so I will never be challenged by either Dragon or Scar when my plan becomes known.

She smiles, her eyes sparking with glee of her plan to convince those to join in on her plan for peace. She then thinks of her mother and how she wanted the blood of the dragons on her tounge. She knows not to voice her plan for peace to her mother, knowing that it will only be mocked. She loved her mother greatly, but she wished that she would see the error of her ways before it was too late.

"...I hope...that this will turn out well in my favor..."

Scar - male pokegryph

"You have chosen wisely."

There were no truly bad choices, in Scar's mind, because even the strangest choices might be because she had something in mind. This selection was one of the better ones, however; the two younglings would follow Twila better than any adults would, but Slayer had the ice and experience. Jeon and Slayer might both initially give her a bit of difficulty, but Nich would defend Twila from them and he didn't doubt that Twila could quickly gain Jeon's respect. Slayer would grow to respect her as well, but not as much as Jeon would.

Jeon and Nich would have very low rank when they came into this battle, having never seen a true raid before, but they may become the greatest generals in time. Slayer was not so limited ... nor did she, in Scar's mind, have the same potential.

"I will send them a message."

He walked away from her again, and wandered through the crowd searching for suitable messengers. He finally found three part-chatot brothers hovering by the edge of the crowd and sent them off, also ordering them to remain behind with Alunin; they wouldn't know what to do in a raid, and most likely weren't even supposed to be here. They didn't have a rank yet, even, and their training was not complete enough so they could participate.

(Can I join?
Name:Starlight
Clan:Dragon
Rank in Clan:Warrior
Pokemon:Dratini
Appearance:Like a normal Dratini.
Personality:Cheerful and willing to help. She hates fighting and thinks that the Pokegyphs and Dragons shouldn't fight. She sometimes wanders into the Pokegyph territory.
Bio:Starlight wants to stop the fighting between the Pokegyphs and Dragons. She is brave and selfless, even if an enemy were in trouble, she'd help them. She doesn't see why they just can't get along. She has a deep hatred for the leader of thier clan for starting the war in the first place.)

Back
Top Bottom