• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Battle Royale

Lunar let Xyvine take the Cross Chop attack without intervening with any Protect attacks, or using Morning Sun to blind the Machoke into missing. He smirked with a slight ammount of glee in his eyes.
"This should be easy..." he thought to himself.

The fat purple blob lept towards him. Xyvine raised his scythe-like protusions to block the scissor-like attack. Xyvine hooked the Machoke's open arms around his neon-green blades and raised the Machoke's arms high above his own head. The chest was exposed. Perfect. The reptilian Pokémon reared his head before spraying the Machoke's chest with seeds.

Plants shot out of these seeds quickly, the vines windining their way around the Machoke's body. They intetwined with their host. Xyine's signature for this attack began to show. Taunting purple flowers appeared, like eyes, glaring at all who were around, warning that these vines were dangerous. Xyvine jumped away, and vanished. A doll appeared in his place.

"Substitute," Lunar thought to himself, observing the battle whilst creeping up on another creature he had recently detected. A Zigzagoon. "Very slick, Xyvine. You'll have that thing attacking a doll for a while!" Lunar continued, trying to be quieter now that he was attacking something new. "Time for some more mind games..."

He concentrated, scanning the Zigzagoon for his most vivid memory. He saw a Magby, and a Victreebel. Something was happening. An explosion sounded, and the Magby no longer had a head. Blood went everywhere. The Espeon concentrated harder, forming a ghost-like projection of this Magby with a halo, and some small, feathery wings. The illusion-Hanabi called out to Bumpy.

"Bumpy! Over here! Come with me to heaven," it cried desperately, extending an arm.

((That's a bit of player control, since you're not giving Fist time to do anything.))
"What?" Bumpy turned around. "No, not again."
Then the Magby appeared.
"No, I'm not done yet!" He replied to its offering. "I need to finish this!"
He leaped up. "Where's your ability to make fireworks?" He asked it.
The Zigzagoon noticed other Pokemon around. Too many to avoid getting hurt, he thought, and began to back away. He then turned tail and ran in a zigzag line.

((If this were to happen in real life... Uh, I'll timeline it. In seconds.
0:01 - The attack is blocked
0:02 - The seeds are launched
0:04 - Xyvine is safely away

Besides, Seeds splitting and growing happen at the same time as Xyvine getting away. I might have written it a bit funnily.))

The illusion-Hanabi smiled.
"Well, seeing as I'm here," it said. Lunar searched for memories, but the blindness made it hard for him to see what it looked like. A series of flashes and bangs.
"Well, he won't notice." Lunar smirked to himself before making illusion-Hanabi release Xyvine's Hidden Power fire, with the sounds of fireworks going off.

"Oh, my head..." Malice hovered and scanned the area. He found Blade sitting on the floor, shaking his head. He closed up to the mantis. "How are you?"

Blade heard a voice somehow familiar. Raising his head, he immediatly jumped backwards. Only then he remembered the voice. "Nice hat you have there, Malice."

((People don't tell you what Fist shoud do.))
Bumpy stopped before thinking. I don't remember them being that loud, but...
Then he noticed something else. Usually, Hanabi had a dreamy scent. He couldn't smell this one at all.
"Who's doing this?!" he cried.

((Metallic Deoxys, put it this way. His attack was blocked, he is now Leech Seeded, his opponent is a Xyvine-substitute.))

The illusion-Hanabi looked suprised.
"Bumpy," she said, sobbing. "I'm an angel. We don't have scents. I'm so alone! Oh, please Bumpy! Don't make me be alone any longer... It's so quiet without you to share stories with. I can't laugh while you're gone. Please Bumpy... Please come with me..."

Xyvine waited patiently for his foe to realise what was happening. Machokes. They all ran on instinct. If something suprising happened, like a sucessful block or attack, they'd become startled momentarily.

((I was planning to do something, but the fact that you guys didn't give me any time didn't let me do it. Fist would at least have time to react >:( ))

"What?" Bumpy was confused. "This isn't a dream. How are you here?" He paced back and forth, his eyes unblinking.

((Perhaps by blinking, but what would he do with his arms immobile? Besides, he's fully mobile again now. Not saying you should do this or anything, but I would advise attacking back? 8D;;))

Lunar was nearly within striking distance of the Zigzagoon. His dark fur kept him camouflaged in the dark grass. He was only a few paces away from Bumpy.
"Bumpy!" the illusion-Hanabi cried out. "I love you! Come with me! I'm so cold without your warmth here!"

Lunar held his breath and gingerly took another step forewards. Then another.
"Look behind you Bumpy! Attack it!"

Lunar was startled. What had just happened? This was supposed to be his illusion. Nothing could have intervened, unless. Unless of course, Hanabi had realised what he was doing, protecting Bumpy like a guardian angel. There were ghost Pokémon out there and the Espeon knew that this was very much a possibility. Lunar launched himself at Bumpy, his mind breaking away the illusion. He prepared a psybeam attack and fired, the rainbow-beam barely a few centimetres away from the launching point.

Xyvine sat patiently under cover.
"What's taking so long?" he muttered.

((This is what would have happened.

Fist smiled as his hands were held up. He quickly swung and kicked Xyvine in the middle of his chest.

But you just had to do it all in one post.))

Fist was dropped as the seeds sapped some energy. A doll was in the Grovyle's place. "Darn substitute," he muttered, and kicked dust at it. The Machoke turned to look at the Espeon. "No... killing!" he growled, kicking the Espeon in its side.

"What?"
Bumpy was hit by the Psybeam. He was a bit dazed. But he heard Hanabi. This one hadn't said it. It was a voice in his head. The Zigzagoon was sure of it.
Bumpy swiftly turned around dashed toward his attacker, head lowered for a Headbutt.

(Arcanine, watch out. Also, I'm on vacation and can't really get on the web much, hence the 3-week absence. Be back Monday GMT. And that we need a update on locations; I'm on the Forest with Malice.)

Hiding between the mists, Horus has had enough of watching while he knows everyone else is murdering each other. Throwing caution to the wind, he lunged at where the figures were, his claws already burning and ready.

((Hmm, Metallic Deoxys, when your hands are held between two razor-sharp blades, it's extremely hard to move them without your hands getting severed, bloodied or something like that. I'd draw a diagram of what I meant to display, expect I'm not on the Photoshop PC.))

Lunar felt pain ripple through his side, echoing through his spine as the Machoke had the cheek to kick him in the side. He sruggled to his feet. He'd become distracted. Physical actions were often easy for an Espeon to evade, which is what made them more effective against the fighting types than other Pokémon. Being able to use air-currents to predict their foe's actions, they can quite easily evade most punches, kicks and chops thrown at them. As the Machoke hadn't been his target, he'd not been focusing on the air-currents changed by the movements of the Machoke. The larger the foe was, the greater the distortion of the air. With Bumpy being so small, he couldn't have done two at once.

"Xyvine!" he cried out in agony. "Do something!" After his incident with the collar, his wounds hadn't fully healed, and the Machoke had stuck him square on a burn, hidden by his fur.

The reptilian Pokémon lept up and dived from the sky, neon-blades still glowing. Whilst falling, Xyvine raised his arms and confured vines to bind the Machoke's feet to the floor. Lunar attempted to blast the lumbering beast with a Psychic attack, ignoring Bumpy for now.

When Fist was stuck to the ground, he shouted "Meep!" because that was all he could say. There was almost no way to aim, but with the Grovyle's arms raised the chest was vulnerable. Fist smiled but got blasted with Psychic. "Ow!" he lost his focus and Xyvine was too close to punch. Or is there such thing? As hard as he could Fist punched the Grovyle in the middle of his chest.

After Bumpy had stopped being the target, he turned tail and fled north while the others were distracted, desperate to get away from them. Suddenly a white light enveloped and elongated him, making his steps straighter and his fur smoother. All of a sudden, he could run much faster when his path was straight.
Is this what it feels like to evolve?

"Too bad you didn't evolve also."
"I don't want to, and you know that Malice."
"Why?"
"I prefer my scythes to pincers. Also, a metallic helmet wouldn't let me hear the guy that's approaching." Blade got up and prepared to fight, while Malice did the same.

((I am extremely confused about this whole battle, but no matter. I'll just go from wherever Metallic Deoxys just said 8D;;))

The blazing light immediately caught the Espeon's attention. After what felt like an age, the Zigzagoon emerged more streamlined, and less zig-zagged. Bumpy's seemingly confused ways had now become more refined, and he was able to have the sense to run.
"Shit..." he thought to himself loudly. He shifted his focus once more, on the escaping Linoone. He began dragging the Linoone back to where he had been originally standing, near to where the illusion-Hanabi was rapidly fading away.

After staggering backwards a few paces at the suprise shot, Xyvine coughed up a small ammount of blood. That punch to the chest had done some severe damage, and possibly had caused a bruised muscle iside of the chest. The bruised tissue felt less painful after a second, as some bright particles of a green-tinted light filled the area. They congrgated in the air before dashing in a panic towards the bruised muscle. The lights eventually began to fluctuate before vanishing completely, being absorbed by the Grovyle's skin.

Gingerly, the Grovyle gave a run at the Machoke before leaping in a random direction, turning, and firing a suprise Hidden Power Fire from the side, hoping that it would score a hit on his new found enemy.

"Okay," said Fist. He couldn't completely dodge the Hidden Power, but enough so that his energy dropped a little. Seeing that the Linoone tried to run, Fist aimed a punch at it. No wait! I don't want to kill that one! What did he ever do to me? The Machoke turned himself toward Lunar, punching him in a place he didn't know. After the strike, Fist fell back. "Ow," he said. Apparently he had gotten a little more damage from Hidden Power than he had expected.

((You can decide where Fist struck you, Espeon.))

Bumpy felt himself being dragged backwards. Upon evolving, he also became more smart. The Linoone swiftly turned around, letting the psychic power help him move. "Thanks!" He called mockingly (if that's a word, but you know what I mean) and dashed out of sight.

Back
Top Bottom