• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Battle Royale

((Oh my gosh, Gardevoir, the thing in your signature with Bumpy and the angel Hanabi is so freaking sad :sad:))

Carnage watched Bumpy bury the collar. He couldn't help feeling sad for him. He and Sling never had that much of a close relationship, thus it was easy to kill him. "Bumpy, you need to get your collar off now."

Lunar was limping around whilst trying to help Xyvine find things to keep themselves dry, and sheltered from the weather. The pair could see that rain clouds were beginning to form, blocking out the moon and stars. The pair both had sensitive eyes, and detected that the clouds could burst open into rain any second. Lunar's body ached. He just wanted to collapse in a pile and rest.
"Why couldn't I have been ill on the day of the journey here?" he thought to himself. He looked up at Xyvine. The lizard Pokémon was working his hardest just to make sure that Lunar was okay. He hung his head. "Xyvine..." he said quietly, "I need a break." The Grovyle nodded, and they sat down on a large, clean rock. A chill entered their rear and shot up their spines; the rock was freezing cold.

"I'm sorry I got angry at you for calling me greedy..." the Espeon said, with a slight depressed tone. "It's true, I am greedy, heck I'm already hungry again and I take everything forgranted and I'm sorry you have to take care of me..." As the Espeon sighed, his whole body seemed to wilt, as though he were a dying plant. All the wood gecko Pokémon could manage was to bat the feline's back as if to say 'there, there. It's okay.'

Two more shapes came out in the opposite direction. "You go that way," Scissors dictated to Scorpio, pointing to the direction that the two had gone. "I'll chase the Leafeon." They set off again.

The couple continued to run south, thinking that a Leafeon was chasing after them. Eventually they stopped to catch their breath When they came across what looked like a park. There was a large lake that was hashed with a lot of paths going across it in both directions complete with benches and trash cans.

"Think she can catch us?" Metro panted.
"I hope so, I wasn't done yet." Pierre grinned. Metro gave him her classic glare of death and he just turned and faced the floor in response. "Don't do that. It's creepy..."

Time 2:51

Last edited:
Scorpio saw the two figures stop for a rest. Excellent, he thought, putting on an extra burst of speed. He was on them in a few seconds.

Pierre scratched his head a bit and gave a complimentary petting to Metro's forehead. "This water is surprisingly clean," he smiled.

"Yes, it's odd seeing such beautiful places in the middle of this war. Though, lets not dwell on it too long. Won't be long before that Leafeon reaches us." Metro let out a small sigh.

((I never said he put the collar in it. And isn't it off already, since he transferred to one of the copies without the collar?))
Bumpy rested his head on Hanabi again. He wanted a guide, someone who would show him what to do next.

Itsuki kept running in some direction. He then noticed a lake ahead of him. He closed in on it and stopped at the water's edge. The lake was crossed with many bridges. Itsuki dipped down and lapped up the water. It was rather clean. He looked out over the lake. A rainstorm was gathering. He jumped into the water, cleaning his wounds, got back out, opened the sack, and downed a few berries. They settled any pain to an extent. Itsuki looked around, but didn't notice anything. He took shelter under one of the bridges.

Bumpy licked Hanabi's body in goodbye, and pushed her into the hole, burying her as if it were a funeral. He sat looking at the spot where she was, still lonely.

Remember... I'll always be with you...

Pierre scratched his head a bit and gave a complimentary petting to Metro's forehead. "This water is surprisingly clean," he smiled.

"Yes, it's odd seeing such beautiful places in the middle of this war. Though, lets not dwell on it too long. Won't be long before that Leafeon reaches us." Metro let out a small sigh.

o.O Is it really that hard to notice a Drapion that's right on top of you?

Scissors saw the Leafeon go under a bridge. She had apparantly avoided detection. She smirked, and went on top, being careful to make as little noise as possible. She would wait for it to fall asleep, and strike then. She sat and started to name the constellations and stars.

Fantasy hurried through the clearing. This was unexpected for Raith, and he quickly followed. When they reached the end, they both let out breaths.
"Why did you hurry through there without saying anything?" Raith asked.
"I thought I heard someone approaching." Fantasy replied.

((I didn't know you meant literally x3! and is Itsuki at another lake with the same pattern because we had taken off in different directions from the shed.))

Pierre was still smiling until something heavy and unpleasant jumped on him. "Uuf~ the fuck..." he whimpered. Metro saw that it was Scorpio and attempted to headbutt him off of Pierre.

Bumpy nodded. "Well, okay." I could have sworn I just heard Hanabi's voice...
He shrugged it off, even though he missed her. He reluctantly walked west, along the east side of a crack in the ground.

Last edited:
Back at the temple of Mew, Xyvine was still patting the sobbing Espeon; he was still shocked about the days events. Suddenly, he has a sensation that felt like being struck by lightning.
"I've just had an idea!"
"What?" the Espeon said. At the word 'idea', he perked up immensely. The wood gecko Pokémon had saved his life using bread and it had worked, miraculously. He would be forever in debt. "What is it?"
"My crime! I was accused of arson because of this!" he exclaimed. "We can use it to attack the Cacturne!"

Xyvine closed his eyes and held out his hands in the same fasion that he had used his attack to control the Cacturne's ingrain attack. Instead of vines shooting up from the ground, particles of light descended from the sky, forming a large cluster of light. This cluster swelled and grew, absorbing more atmospheric energy. Lunar watched in awe as the large ball of light split into seven smaller balls and spontaneously combusted. The balls spun around like planets in a solar system, illuminating the shrine of Mew.
"What is this?" the Sun Pokémon yelled. "You're a grass type! How can you make fire!?"

The Grovyle's eyes suddenly snapped open. He flexed his hook-like fingers and then flicked them open, causing the orbs of fire shoot out towards the tops of seven stone pillars. The pair soon discovered that the pillars weren't pillars atall. They were torches.
The Mew Shrine lit up, and the shadows from the torches alowed the Mew's text to be seen again.

Xyvine sighed.
"It's called Hidden Power," he explained. "It allows a Pokémon to control a random type of power. For all we know, you might be able to do it with darkness, electricity... Even ice, or dragon!" the Grovyle chorused. Lunar tried to absorb all the information at once, but failed. Being in a class of delinquents hadn't done much for his intelligence or learning capabilities over the years.
"Uhh... So you mean that I might be able to do that too?" the Espeon queried.
"If you tried to learn hard enough," the Grovyle chuckled. "But I doubt you could, seeing as you fell asleep we had the lesson on it."
"Aren't there TMs?"
"That's cheating," the Grovyle cut in, casually. "Give it a go. It's not going to kill you. Especially if you're water or ice. Your greediness should protect you from too much damage."
"What do you mean by that?" the Espeon asked, a slight tone of faked anger was present in his voice.
"I just mean that you're getting fa-"
"It was rhetorical!" The pair laughed.

Lunar closed his eyes.
"Good," the Grovyle called. "You've managed to fall asleep! See what else you can do!"
The sun Pokémon sighed heavily before concentrating. Particles of light formed in the sky, and showered down upon him like drizzle. He felt restored, and energized.
"It's no use," the Espeon called out. "I'm just using Morning Sun."
"Fine. Hopefully the Cacturne will see our signal."

The Grovyle indicated at the torches, burning brightly, attempting to attract Glion and Voyne.

Fist hopped over rocks in the steppe, which was no longer a steppe at all because of the rocks. He jumped, ran, jumped, ran, and one time he jumped and landed on a large stone slab that seemed to stretch out for miles. This was the only way to the hill, but Fist was tired, so he sat down to rest.

Carnage turned and looked into the distance. He was now responsible for Bumpy now. "Alright," he began, "now that we have the collars off, all we need to do is survive for the next few days. You can trust me."

Scorpio made a noise like an angry cat as the Headbutt hit his dull red scales and chipped some off, revealing the bright purple underneath, and blindly jabbed a Poison Sting in the direction it had come from.

Itsuki drank more water. Then laid down to get whatever sleep he could. Hopefully, he wouldn't get beheaded or anything, and he wouldn't sleep too long. He was definitely far better at everything during the day, when the sun could replenish him. For now, he slept, after wondering what sort of maddening dreams he would have.

Back
Top Bottom