• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Being an Idiot

>Second save slot

Wut

In case you don't mean the alliteration, I use an emulator.

Trying to catch fleeing Pokemon like that without a Masterball is just a nightmare. Plus, I don't really have any other use for the Masterball xD
Well... I normally damage the roaming legendaries and then try to catch them with an Ultra Ball. (and possibly plan to put them asleep or use Wobbuffet or something)

I thought that the blue Shellos was rare.... ._.

Well, I refused to catch a pink Shellos because I liked the blue ones better. And in Black, I actually caught a blue Basculin and released the red one I already had.

Last edited:
This isn't something I'd done, but it was just me and my 5 yr old stupidity. I called Psychic types the "Fizzic" (that's how I pronounced it, anyway) type. And I pronounced Metagross as...well..how do I explain? It might be easy enough to figure it out, but like...I pronounced the "gross" part as if it rhymed with "boss". There were a few other things I couldn't pronounce, I just can't think of them at the moment...oh, and I was always SO afraid of my rival, silly me.

I think Metagross can be pronounced either way.

I always thought that Arceus was pronounced "ARE-key-UHS". I then realized two years ago that it was pronounced "ARE-see-UHS"

Unless my first way of saying it was right and the second way is wrong?

I thought Relicanth was incredibly rare, and I didn't have any Poke Balls except for my Master Ball...

I'm sure you can fill in the gaps.

I always thought that Arceus was pronounced "ARE-key-UHS". I then realized two years ago that it was pronounced "ARE-see-UHS"

Unless my first way of saying it was right and the second way is wrong?

You're doing it wrong.

I traded my Zekrom for a (likely hacked) shiny Lv100 Gallade.
Still not sure if that was a good move.

list of poly mispronunciations;
gardevoir - garr-deh-vorr
linoone - lihn-oon
chimecho - chime-cho
groudon - groo-dawn
deoxys - dee-ex-oys (like 'toys')
i guess arceus as arr-see-uss is a mispronunciation but i wouldn't say a terrible one cause everyone i know pronounces it that way xD

still have no clue how to pronounce elgyem (elg-yem i suppose but sometimes i think of it as elj-ee-em)

thought that poison and ground were super effective on dark, was subsequently proven wrong

thought liza and tate were rock trainers (despite the whole emphasis on psychics and MIND READING) cause in r/s they had just solrock and lunatone

still have a latios with cut/psychic/luster purge/dragon claw and a rayquaza with extremespeed/waterfall/strength/fly, not gonna change their movesets for nostalgia reasons but the fact that they had those sets to begin with xP

linoone - lihn-oon
chimecho - chime-cho
groudon - groo-dawn
i guess arceus as arr-see-uss is a mispronunciation but i wouldn't say a terrible one cause everyone i know pronounces it that way xD

still have no clue how to pronounce elgyem (elg-yem i suppose but sometimes i think of it as elj-ee-em)

thought that poison and ground were super effective on dark, was subsequently proven wrong

thought liza and tate were rock trainers (despite the whole emphasis on psychics and MIND READING) cause in r/s they had just solrock and lunatone

still have a latios with cut/psychic/luster purge/dragon claw and a rayquaza with extremespeed/waterfall/strength/fly, not gonna change their movesets for nostalgia reasons but the fact that they had those sets to begin with xP

I still pronounce gardevoir that way! (And elgyem as el-jee-em.) I'm used to it that way and it's not like that matters too much :P

I am... an idiot very often. Sadly I can't think of any specifics.

Except for that in one of my first runs of Emerald, my linoone had a moveset of headbutt, surf, covet, and secret power. I thought that was great.

Elgyem is likely named after L.G.M., which was some kind of synonym for alien or something like that; I forget the meaning. It'd be reasonable to assume it's pronounced as such.

linoone - lihn-oon
chimecho - chime-cho

I did the same to Linoone and Chimecho.
Pronouncing Arceus with a soft C makes sense to me.

Well, Rayquaza has Fly by itself.

Also, off-topic:
I'm assuming that he was using an emulator and was referring to save states.

I'm a girl.

Used a Masterball On Groudoun then captured Rayquaza with a ultra-ball or a Pokeball.

Then Now a days I use my Masterball on rayquaza only to face the wrath of Fleeing Latios.
Sucks when a wobbefet keeps escaping from safari balls so the only way to get a Wobbefet from the stinking little Wynaut from Lavaridge.

I remember trying to Defeat Misty with a Charmeleon.
Won after 40 tries.

Sucks when a wobbefet keeps escaping from safari balls so the only way to get a Wobbefet from the stinking little Wynaut from Lavaridge.

I think it's better to get the Wynaut first. If it wasn't there, I would desperately try to catch a female Wobbuffet, breed her and then release her. I've even done it with an overlevelled Smoochum, except I first had to evolve her.
But you probably aren't going for the Pokédex, so what you are suggesting is like catching a Purugly somewhere because you're too lazy to train a Glameow.

Last edited:
wobbuffet is actually barely usable when it isn't evolved from wynaut. encore matters, quite a bit.

That's not the thing that is important to me. I want to get as close to completing the Pokédex as I can and getting that egg is easier than catching a Wobbuffet and breeding it.
And when I breed a Pokémon just to get the first stage on a level it should be on (no branched evolutions), I always release the same-line parent and keep the baby. *remembers Azumarill from Sapphire* *is sort of sad*

linoone - lihn-oon
chimecho - chime-cho
groudon - groo-dawn

Um...how is Gardevoir supposed to be pronounced? Because honestly that's how I thought it was pronounced >.>

Back
Top Bottom