• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Being an Idiot

Gardevoir is more like "GAR-deh-vwahr." I'm not sure which language it comes from, but it's sort of a funny pronunciation.

I don't remember a lot of times when I was an idiot in Pokémon games because I haven't been playing them for a while. Erasing a save file with a shiny Poochyena on it was a pretty bad move, though. Poochyena is a dog (of some sort, I think), and since dogs normally come in lots of different colors, I thought the brown variation was common. ._.

Gardevoir is more like "GAR-deh-vwahr." I'm not sure which language it comes from, but it's sort of a funny pronunciation.

I kind of figured it'd be that way, if not the way I thought. Well I don't know a single person in RL that pronounces it that way, so it's no wonder that I've pronounced it wrong for so long :P Well...I'm still going to pronounce it wrong. I did that with Metagross for a while, but eventually said it right...but this one's just weird to me. XD

I have several I'd like to mention. >.>

1. Back in my days of playing Sapphire (Which was when I first got my Gameboy around the age of 5), I found... THE MASTER BALL. "Ooh, what's this thing do!? I must test it out! :D" So I trotted off into the grass. A WILD ZIGZAGOON APPEARED. GO MASTER BALL. "Holy crap IT CATCHES THEM INSTANTLY!? WHERE CAN I GET MORE!?"

2. Also in my days of Sapphire, I was on my way to Rustboro on Petalburg Forest. A Caterpie had poisoned me. As I was walking, the screen began to do that thing where it goes "BURBUDBURB" and the pixels up and oasdfoasijgoas's. I thought "OHMYGOD MY GAMEBOY IS DYING NOOOOOOO :c" *turns off and throws device across room and runs to mother in tears*

3. CAUGHT ME A SHINY DONPHAN. :D DONPHAN IS ONE OF MY TWO FAVORITE POKEMON. Traded some of the guys I wanted to keep over to my bro Ike's (AKA Jaketiger1116 AKA the guy who started this thread), then I restarted and was all "FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-NONONO MY DONPHAN :c"

4. I had no idea what the heck types were and who had them. Machop looks like a little stone child. I had a Mudkip. Fighting the second Hoenn gym leader. *In tears from rage* "UGH MOMMY THIS GUY IS ROCK TYPE BUT I ONLY DO NORMAL DAMAGE UUGGHHHHHHHH :c"

Then I learned Machop was fighting type.

5. Training my Sceptile. I thought the last move every Pokemon learned was some uber epic move. At the time, Sceptile's last move he learned through leveling up was False Swipe. I had 3 HMS taught to my Sceptile and it knew Leaf Blade (AHAHA HOLD IN YER' GIGGLES THAT'S NOT THE MAIN FUNNY LAWL PART) "Sceptile wants to learn FALSE SWIPE!? OHMYGOD UBER EPIC MOVE BYE LEAF BLADE LOLOLOLOLOL :D" *tests* "Lol this is gay ._."

6. Spent two hours soft reseting for Victini. Then I Googled and found out Victini can't be found shiny.

Curses.

7. Taught my Claydol Selfdestruct AND Explosion.

8. I used to get SO mad because at the beginning of a battle, where it would say "Metrosexual Hipster would like to battle!" I thought it said "Metrosexual Hipster: Would you like to battle?" and I'd be all "ARGH WHERE'S THE ANSWER FOR NO!?!?!?!!" (Thanks to Smosh for the Metrosexual Hipster line)

9. Random little girl: "Hey mister, did you know eggs can randomly be found at the daycare? :D" Me: "WHAT NO WAY. *spends 6 hours walking around daycare pushing A on every space in search of an egg*"

10. *Logs onto PC* "Hm... Someone's PC? Oh that's not mine. Better leave it alone, I don't want to be naughty. I'll go to my PC! :D"
-Later: "HOW DO I GET TO MY POKEMON THAT WERE SENT TO THE PC!?!!! D:"

(BONUS POINTS) A funny little theory me and Ike thought of: The move Curse.
It works different for Ghost types because, Ghosts curse stuff, but all the others, why does it boost their stats and slow their speed?
Because they're doing exactly what the move says. Cursing.

Their speed slows so they can drop a big ol' F bomb.

Regirock, use Curse!
Regirock stops for a moment and cries "F!@#$%"
Regirock's anger spikes, increasing his attack and defense!

Theory has been stated.
Massive post is massive.
Redundant statement is redundant.

Sokka, I did the exact same thing as you: I thought my game was broken when my Pokémon got poisoned. I think I was playing Sapphire, then a Wurmple used Poison Sting. When I walked around and the screen shook, I thought that the game was broken... except I didn't just say it didn't work; I actually went to a video game store and exchanged it for a different game. xD But that's how I got my Emerald version, and now I have another Sapphire, too, so I'm pretty happy.

I didn't have a very good grasp on types early on in the game, either, but now I don't remember anything that I did.

When I got Gold I came to love that I only had to "talk" to the water to use Surf... when I went back to Blue after, like, years, of playing Gold I completely forgot that that wasn't like that in the older game. I was very frustrated that my surf wasn't working.

I thought a Pikachu could beat Onyx because of the Anime.

Let's see... I got very confused with the new 3D and didn't know I could go under the bridge that was blocking my path.

I didn't understand Flash at first... and went through Rock Tunnel blind. That. Took. THREE. DAYS.

damnfuckingzubat

I used the master ball on a lv. 9 pidgey.

It's from French. And so is that part of Dusknoir's name.

Poochyena is a dog ...

It's a hyena. That is mixed up with a dog/wolf for an unknown reason. But I think hyenas should be brown too. Must be the wolf aspect.

When I killed the shiny Gyarados in Gold and Silver

Why does everyone want shinies so badly?

I don't know why people want shinies so badly it's idiotic because I killed the easiest shiny to get.

One time, I was battling the Elite Four in Sapphire and was up against the ghost Elite. My Level 57 Graveler knew Self-Destruct so I used it, not knowing at the time that Normal type moves cannot harm ghost-types, so I lost one of my best Pokemon on my team. I was so mad that I destroyed each and every last Pokemon on her team without mercy.

I had zero revives so I lost one of my most important Pokemon due to that mistake and lost against the dragon Master.

I had zero revives so I lost one of my most important Pokemon due to that mistake and lost against the dragon Master.

You lost against Drake in Sapphire? Either you didn't have Kyogre with you or it had been defeated/badly damaged before.

I remember that I thought that time, not steps hatched a egg in Gold. So I fight the E4 'bout 20 times and my 8-year-old mind's like "Elekid, Y U no hatch?!!!!"

Last edited:
It's from French. And so is that part of Dusknoir's name.

Great, now I know I pronounce Dusknoir wrong too. Frack.

Why does everyone want shinies so badly?

Well I mean, they're like trophies (When legit, that is) because they're so rare. It's like, Look what I was lucky enough to get, isn't that amazing? I mean, if you stumble across something as rare as a shiny Pokemon, you definitely want it, right?

Once, in Diamond, I was going to face Dialga and didn't find this one Rock Climb area and I was searching everywhere. Yet, it was clear as day I must have been sleepy or something.

I had finally caught Entei in HeartGold (without a Masterball), and then once I turned my ds off I realized I didn't save.

Why is using a male marill stupid?

You see... It's about Azurill. When I breed in order to get the first stage, I release the same-line parent and keep the baby. And since there's no Ditto in Hoenn, I had to catch a female Marill and then I released them both. And that Azumarill was already a major member of my team... I still feel a bit guilty.

Oh dear, where to start...

First, I accidentally used a Master Ball on a Wingull in Sapphire.

Then, I accidentally KOed Dialga in Diamond...and did not save until I was in that town Crasher Wake was in (had to make up three hours of gameplay...).

Finally, in Black and White, I had realized that I had no idea how to get Volbeat with Baton Pass (had AR).

I am a pool of funny...XD

I've always pronounced it that way. Voir is pronounced vwhar in French, I'm fairly sure.

Back
Top Bottom