• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best/Top pokemon Soundtracks

Quite literally any song from Pokémon GSC was amazing. But the end credits still, to this day, bring tears of nostalgic joy to my eyes.

TREASURE TOWN FROM POKÉMON MYSTERY DUNGEON 2
holy hell that is like the happiest music ever
(speaking of PMD2 I don't get all the fuss over Primal Dialga's theme... sure it's pretty nice but it sounds in no way a battle theme :/)

Also R/S/E's gym leader theme and everything from B/W.

In terms of pure music, I'd say B/W has most of the memorable tracks for me.

My top picks would have to be...

#5 B/W Opelucid City (For the point of the story you're at when you first come to the city, I think it's eerily appropriate.)
#4 D/P/Pt Gym Leader Battle (Though Hoenn had the toughest gyms [imo], Sinnoh had the most intense beat.)
#3 B/W Team Plasma Battle (Most intense villain music in a Pokémon game to date.)
#2 B/W Plasma Castle (This track has given me more chills than I can ever remember having from a Pokémon game. Definitely sets the mood for the final confrontation.)
#1 R/B/Y Champion (You can never beat the original. Never.)

Honorable Mentions:
B/W Driftveil City
G/S/C Kanto Gym Leader Battle
R/S/E Archie/Maxie Battle

Suffice it to say, I love intense music. Hence a lot of my choices.

Sorry for the long wait everyone. Well, here's the result; the proud owner of Best pokemon soundtrack of the month award is.....Team Plasma Battle Theme!. A galaxy sized congratulations for this stupendous award! If it hadn't been for RunWithScizor's last post, Nimbasa / Driftveil city would have won. Well, round 2 starts now and ill post the result next month. Until then, keep the lists coming!

By soundtracks, do you mean those from the game only, or does it extend to movies too? Anyway here's my top 5 fav in-game music

1. N's farewell (Didn't know such music existed in pokemon)
2. R/S/E credits music (A masterpiece)
3. Snowpoint city
4. Canalave city
5. Pokemon league (DP)/Oceanic musuem

I can't really put them in order or preference so I'll just list my favourite of different types of music

Wild battle: G/S/C/HG/SS
Trainer battle: D/P/Pt
Gym battle: R/B/Y/FR/LG
Evil team battle: R/S/E
Rival Battle: G/S/C/FR/LG
Chamption battle: I would say D/P/Pt but I love G/S/C/HG/SS's SO much
Town/City: Goldenrod (though not the HG/SS version)
Route: Probably 209
Cave: Ruins of Alph

Honourable mentions: Mirror B, and that guy with the Zigzagoons at the beginning of Colosseum

And whoa! You people seem to love the music! I thought everyone didn't pay much attention to soundtracks xD. Keep em coming!

My favourite piece is probably the R/S/E Team Magma/Aqua Leader Theme. The first time I heard it I was like, woah. The surfing theme from those games is my favourite non-battle theme, followed closely from the nighttime Pokemon Centre theme of D/P/Pl. Other battle themes that I really love are the Cyrus battle, Platinum Giratina music, the FR/LG Champion, the HG/SS Kanto Gym Leader, and both the Emerald and Platinum Frontier Brain themes.

1. Primal Dialga battle theme (MD2)
2. Primal Dialga battle theme (MD2)
3. Primal Dialga battle theme (MD2)
4. Primal Dialga battle theme (MD2)
5. Primal Dialga battle theme (MD2)

In all seriousness:
1. Primal Dialga battle theme of Mystery Dungeon 2
--To Zoroark, you probably beat Dialga before the music got to the good part
2. Peanut Swamp and Darkness Ridge friend areas of Mystery Dungeon 1
3. Champion Cynthia Pre-Battle of Diamond/Pearl
--Torture on the piano - my arm hurts after playing this and it's only 40 seconds long.
4. Treasure town of Mystery Dungeon 2
5. Great canyon of Mystery Dungeon 1
6. Sky Peak, Final pass of Mystery Dungeon 2
7. Sky Tower of Mystery Dungeon 1
8. Mt. Blaze of Mystery Dungeon 1
9. Littleroot Town of Ruby/Sapphire
10. Crystal Crossing of Mystery Dungeon 2
11. Temporal Tower of Mystery Dungeon 2
12. Northern Desert of Mystery Dungeon 2
13. Chasm cave of Mystery Dungeon 2
14. I don't want to say goodbye/Living on of Mystery Dungeon 2
15. Staff roll of Mystery Dungeon 2
16. Sky Peak Prairie of Mystery Dungeon 2
17. Mt. Horn of Mystery Dungeon 2
18. Upper steam cave of Mystery Dungeon 2
19. Lower brine cave of Mystery Dungeon 2
20. Determination of Mystery Dungeon 2

...Long list is long and saturated with MD2's music.

Last edited:
I've never played Mystery Dungeon 2 before, but by the looks of it, it seems to be a great game, in storyline and music too.

And I must also mention Skyarrow Bridge. Nice music building up to probably the most epic city in Pokémon History. And those 3D effects...

This is a minor bump, but I can't get out of Route 10 because I can't stop listening to the music in Black.

This is the best music in all of the Pokemon games. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom