• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Beyond The Stars

Whoops, forgot the 's'. Actually, read this:
L'il Dwagie on my VM Page said:
I have been a tad busy lately (Have to apologise for answering so late..) but if nothing else then I could post it.. Start it without me or hand it off if I can't get in...

Also, she could have at least accepted those of us that have signed up.

Okay, she has been on since 4:30 Eastern Time. That sway your opinion?
Or it's possible your browser is bugged, OR you're making up times and thinking wishfully given I only got home at what would be 5:10 EST, and was only online to make my previous post today yet.
I believe I mentioned in the first post as well that I'm busy, and while I'm glad you're exuberant and all certainly you couldn't take this as not having a bit of a wait first. I only posted this last night, and it's not going anywhere, and I haven't forgotten either. So go ahead and pipe down.
And infact all I hadn't done in between these things I'm taking off from doing is update the first page list. Perhaps you hadn't noticed my post before, which also happened to ask you to fix your character sheet some - IE you weren't accepted.

Would you please not get me uppity, I'd rather not sound like this, but you're becoming rather pushy and it's not much appreciated. And once I DO start it, it's open ended and you won't have to worry about my consistent updates, anyway.

Edit: Oh, and I made a typo on that shoutout, where it should say "OR I'LL start it off without me (/my inclusion as a PC) or hand it off to someone to DM" - Also noting I had not specified anyone. Kali The Flygon will likely be helping me, however.

I apologize, I've been really impatient today. It may have something to do with too much coffee. I edited, and would like to know if it is accepted.

Very well...
I've updated the front page memberlist as well to anyone interested. I am sorry it's taking me awhile, and I'll try to kick off as soon as possible. Just need to get things in order yet.

Aaah. I'd very much like to join this, actually. Could I reserve a position, if you please?

Applying for Kali’s ship~

Character Sheet
Name: ! (Sounds something like “Ding!”, but others usually call it by its species name (Drall) because no one can pronounce its name properly.)
Species: Drall
Affiliation: Whoever pays it the most
Description: ! is usually a blob of thick, dark-colored liquid, like most Drall are. The form it prefers to take is any small item it happens to be around; be it a book, a computer, or even food, as long as it can make others feel awkward talking to it.
Gear: Nothing besides itself, its Pokemon, and some food. It prefers to transform into whatever it is necessary to escape instead of bringing gear with it. After all, where can it put the gear?
Bio: ! first started existing quite some time ago. Actually, it is impossible to know its exact age since the strip of space-time it was created out of is near a black hole, and the black hole eventually bent and twisted the space-time so much, it turned into anti-matter and got swallowed into the black hole. ! eventually, like most other Dralls, found its way to the Drall “planet” and “lived” there for quite a while (again, the space-time there is pretty screwed up there, too).

One day, ! decided to leave the "planet" and travel around a bit for no apparent reason. During its travels, it received a Porygon for payment after a mission on a small planet. It met Cuzakji (who was already quite rich) on that planet, who offered a nice amount of money if ! worked for him. ! agreed and had been working for Cuzakji ever since.

Pokemon: Porygon2
Doesn’t officially have a nickname, but ! usually calls it “Porygon” of “Pory” instead of calling out its full name. Pory is in charge of controlling !’s ship and usually stays out side of its Pokeball, as it can “live” in the vacuum known as space.

Space Ship
Class: Small, personal ship
Ship Name: Hawkeye
Ship Description: Hawkeye was originally an old junk starship, until ! came upon it and attempted to eat it. However, the ship was pulled through a warp in space-time right beforehand (space-time works in weird ways around a Drall), got sent through several dimensions, eventually reappearing in a different form than before.

Hawkeye is approximately the shape and size of a F15 jet fighter. She looks sort of blurred, however, and is a strange silver color that tends to shift to a dark blue-ish purple. Instead of fuel, she runs on nuclear fusion, but can take any energy source available.

The strangest thing about Hawkeye is that she is made from warped space-time; the ship doesn’t actually exist. Because of that, the inside of Hawkeye is just a void of (literally) nothingness. She moves by warping the space around her and leaving the plane of existence altogether, then re-entering time-space. Control of the spaceship is very difficult, however, so ! usually gets Pory to do it. For some reason (which involves more space-time theories about different dimensions, but I really don’t want to go there right now), the Porygon2 is perfectly capable of controlling Hawkeye despite the fact that the ship actually doesn’t have any controls.

! usually keeps Hawkeye outside of the plane of existence, since the ship tend to cause improbable things to happen around her.

Hawkeye was actually Cuzakji's old ship before everything happened.

Outfits and Abilities: Can warp space, but requires a lot of energy and tend to cause improbable things to happen around her (which may range from suddenly teleporting everyone to some distant planet to destroying a dimension or two)

Oh dear, I seemed to have went overboard with Hawkeye there. I've had this idea of a extra-dimensional spaceship for a while, but had never bothered to plan it out.

Last edited:
((Oh my.. Late late late again.. ^^;
Anyway.. I've gotten to my character sheet, and will post it now. However, I've requested being crew-mate a little bit into the story with Kali's ship as well and as such will be asking him to lead off.
As for everyone looking for reservations, no worries, this RP is meant to be very open ended and can always accept applicants. You can just be in a different part of the galaxy at and in previous times.
And Linoone, you would be in ^^))

Name: Zyen'rin Ssyrex (Roughly pronounced in basic "Yen-Rinh Seer-ex"; Usually goes by "Rin")

Species: Kreel

Affiliation: Space Pirate

Description: Around typical for a female Kreel, Rin stands about 5'11" tall, 4'9" long. Her skin is a pink/orange shade and cloaked in natural obsidian coloured armour. Wears a black cloak, And underneath this a bandoleer draped across her body holding multiple small pockets, as well as spots for Pokeballs.

Gear: Besides her cloak and bandoleer, has a Kreel energy blade strapped on her left wrist, and a stolen and modified hacking device/computer on her right, which also houses a Kreel personal cloak.

Bio: At an early age, Rin was pulled into the military. The Kreel Navy in particular took to her skill with computer systems, as well as flight. She was generally tasked with hacking and stealing spacecraft, but her style in doing so is somewhat erratic, and she can prove to be a liability in the views of her superiors. She was eventually cut after an incident which, while she disagrees, apparently almost cost a captured ship as well as the invasion crew. Without the support, she roamed homeless between planets in a barely adequate shuttle. Eventually, she was taken in on a pirate frigate roving outer Kreel space. After being abandoned as she had, she had no worries crossing to the other side of the law; it almost felt like payback. Being taken to their intended destination of the planet Rushon, a brutal thief-pit, she found herself once more stranded as her rescuers found themselves overly wasted in the local pub and losing their ship in a zealous bet - as well as Rin's.

Thinking herself better off on her own, she began taking small odd-jobs around the planet to scrape together enough cash for a new puddle-jumper of a shuttle the shifty local dealers likely sold for three times their actual worth. Scraping together cash slowly while basically living off the streets, she picked up in addition many trinkets and valuable bits of information. Perhaps the most interesting was from a smuggler, who nearly as short on cash as Rin herself, offered one of his stock in an unidentified egg from a distant planet known as Ly'Sheris IV in Oomari space, a planet with interesting atmospheric qualities that cause it to appear purple from orbit. Being unidentified however, the egg was only to be sold cheaply anyway, but Rin was intrigued by these "Pokemon" the smuggler described, so decided to accept it.

It was difficult to keep care of her egg with only the cheap personal incubator given to her by the smuggler while maintaining work - but not much time was needed, apparently close on it's own to happening, her egg hatched. A purple pup of sorts, she really had no idea what she held, and had to crack down on the limited Rashon library. A difficult task given most of the books were either half destroyed or alcohol encyclopaedias; but a bit of searching and Rin was able to find a text detailing a great many of the various critters known as Pokemon. Her normally Blue, Yellow and Black "Riolu" sporting crimson eyes appeared to be mostly Purple instead of Blue, with reddish-yellow for trimmings, maintaining her black, and with brilliant Emerald eyes. Rin had named her K'Iera, the rough translation of an awkward purple bloom from a Kreel planet she often worked from in the past - that sported a black stem and very standout green stigma.

K'Iera was able to make Rin's toils more tolerable, growing very much a partner to her, Rin was finally able to scrape enough currency to be able to pay off a ship trader, buying a ship which looked like it was patched together with scrap metal and Quintok spit. Nonetheless, it was her ship now, and she needed it to find a place to be able to make a real living..

Pokemon:
447-fPurple.png

Female Riolu by the name of K'Iera (Or Kiera, pronounced "Kay-Air-A" or "Kee-Ra")

Last edited:
Name: Desrylarn 'Desyr' Cainalon

Species: Melimarii

Affiliation: Trader

Occupation: Self-employed - gains money by trading and selling goods; Trainer
Description: Desyr has fur which is such a light brown it is almost blonde. He has some darker patches around his eyes, chest and thighs. He tends to wear an odd, navy blue full-body suit, and an olive green hooded cloak over the top, which he normally buckles so it is wrapped around his whole body.
Gear: He has a sort of PDA-slash-robot which hovers around, collecting and storing information on things. He also carries a small laser blaster for sticky situations.

Bio: He has a rather average life for a Melimarii. He was born somewhere in the forests of their home planet, and always dreamed of going to space and exploring the vast galaxies. As soon as he was old enough, he bought a small ship, which is now basically his home. He decided that he would make, find and buy goods, and sell them for a small profit, and ahs been doing so ever since.

Pokémon: An Aipom named Eiipa. He chose to have Eiipa as his partner due to her Pickup ability, which could help finding items to sell, but since then she has became less of a tool and more of a friend.

Ship
Class: A small Cargo Ship
Ship Name: Rush
Ship Description: Rush is about one hundred feet long, forty feet wide (at the widest point) and has a wingspan of sixty feet. The whole thing is mostly a dull silver colour with some darker markings on the front. The ship is shaped like an long ellipse. Fro the side, it is a half-ellipse, as the bottom is flat. At the very front is the main bridge, which is rounded and takes up about a third of the ship. At the back are the boosters, of which there are four, arranged in a line. Directly behind and above the boosters is the engine room, which is about half the size of the cockpit. It is referred to as 'engine room' but is really just the place where all the ship's power comes from. In-between the cockpit and engine room is the cargo bay and Desyr's quarters. On top of the ship is a dome of thick, strong glass with a large laser cannon on top which can be retracted into the dome, which is the control turret for the laser. The dome also doubles as a shield generator.
Rush has two small wings which are dark green. Each wing has a small rocket launcher mounted underneath which can be controlled from the cockpit. On the ship's underside is a floating device that allows the ship to hover and skim above the ground when not in space.

Last edited:
(okay, starting now)

It was nighttime in Vectam city on the planet Koshin, fourth planet from a binary star pair and the only naturally-inhabitable planet in the system. The city was a known port in Human territory, near the border with the Kreel. Cuzakji stood on the street in the distressed downtown area. He walked into a nightclub indiscretely and walked up the the counter. Music played in the background, and others in the building could be heard chatting and seen drinking. Kreel weren't uncommon in the area, so no one seemed surprised by his entry. A human was standing as shopkeeper, cleaning a glass, as the Kreel mercenary approached him. Cuzakji slapped a few coins on the table, and spoke in a low, gruff voice. "Vodka... large size, make it strong." No questions asked, the human nodded, taking the coins, and began mixing a drink. Cuzakji found a seat nearby, using a chair that was designed for a Kreel, kind of more like a stool than a chair. He started to look around the place, looking to see if anyone there seemed interesting.

"Well then.. Here's hoping this thing even starts" Rin said softly in her lisping, somewhat hissing voice while squeezing into the cockpit of the small shuttle. It was already cozy, and K'Iera was meant to fit in too, but she managed her way in. "Le's get the 'ell outta here then" she said to an affirmative bark from K'Iera. With a couple of struggled chugs the small engines screeched to life - enough to cause Rin to sigh in relief in it's own - and she started takeoff procedures to break from the planet's atmosphere.
With some tossing and turning and all the handling of a Yyir'Vin Sandworm, Rin managed to push the craft into a high orbit; happy enough to not have sprung a leak. She tapped at the various instruments on the cockpit control panel, half of them seemed not to function, and the ones that did (As in the essential ones the be able to sell) looked to be shoddily fixed. The energy readouts weren't too promising, but she didn't doubt for a second it was about what she was in for.
"Looks like we're system hopping, damn thing's gonna have to' be refuelled every few star systems. What's nearby anyway.. must be something promising.." With a few clicks and button presses, a flickering starmap opened up on the viewscreen.
"Lesse...." She zoomed in closer to nearby systems "Eenie... Meenie... Miney...... Aha. That looks like one.. border planet, few humans tossed in.. fun. They're an amusing bunch." K'Iera Barked with an amused tone as the map closed down. "If nothing else can barhop a bit. Must be something going on there.. heck knows I'm getting nothing better down there with this junk." Rin said, punching in the planet's coordinates and letting the ship's autopilot stutter around a bit before aligning for warp. "Geez, may as well have a Speak n' Spell for AI. Hope it refrains from warping us through a star-"
With a rather violet hissing, the engines burst into life, and the ship propelled itself into hyperspace speeds.

"Oooooh... That's going to take some getting used to" Rin slurred as the ship shook and rattled slowing itself to normal sublight speeds and entering the star system. "Guess I should be thankful enough it didn't fall apart though" She said, laying her head down on the console to the dizzy Barks of K'Iera. "I need a freakin' drink..."
Sloppily typing in some console commands with her head still down, she caught the port frequency. "Oi.. Koshin right?"
"...That'd be right. And might I ask you to state your business then?" Sounded a somewhat confused human voice over the crackling speakers.
"Just.. gimme somewhere to land. Cheap. Refuel, Drinks, Passing out."
"Right.. I know the place then. Standby." And with that the com cut out and console began beeping.
"...Vectam port, lower city. Sounds nice and seedy." Getting her head up and at the controls again, Rin directed the ship towards the planet, not trusting the autopilot to land for her. With a shaky entrance, she managed to touch the ship down in the run down port. Flipping the trashy looking human mechanics a couple credits for refueling, she questioned where the nearest Pub was located, and headed off for it - Not surprisingly it was conveniently near the port, and she made her way in, hoping to start to get something in order for herself...

Walking out of the ship Starlight to figures emerges, a man cracking his neck while chatting in an alien language to a gardevoir. “Your too slow Voir, pick up the pace.” Cerberus ordered. “Yes sir, right away sir.” The gardevoir replied as she began to walk faster to be by his side. He stopped and looked at the crowd of thugs, Cerberus tried to find the best path to get to the trade district. ‘There we go..’ he thought as he started to walk off, Voir was pushing people out of his way with her powers.
After a bit, they arrived in the trade district. The air was so thick of smoke and street food it made him covered his mouth with his cloak. “Ugh, how can these people live like this” He mumbled to himself. Voir pointed out the shopkeeper they planed to meet before arriving. The shopkeeper was a 36 year old human male, his big features are a mechanical right eye and a robotic right arm. Other then that he was a scruffy looking man with red hair.
Cerberus cleared his throat and spoke, “I have an appointment to see the new item in your wares.” The man looked up from cleaning a device; he laughed, stood up, and offered to shake Cerberus’s hand. Cerberus just looked at the man and nods his head. The man looked a bit confused then turned around and picked up a package. “You can’t believe what I had to go through in trying to get these tools.” The man smirked as he placed the package onto the table. “You did remember to take off any tracers, right?” Cerberus asked, the man nodded his head yes. Cerberus gave him the money and walked off without looking back. Voir bowed and picked up the package and rushed to get back to her owner.

“Hmm…Now that we completed our goal, anything you wish to do here?” He said softly as he glanced at gardevoir. “What ever you wish to do sir.” She replied.
Cerberus followed his path back to the ship..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom