• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Beyond The Stars

A figure walked down a metal hallway. It was a human boy, no older than 16. No. It turned into jelly for a moment and came back up as what could only be described as a walking card key. It inserted it self into a scanner and went through the door, turning back into the human boy. A Drall. A voiced boomed over an intercom.
"Mr. Lahz, to the bridge."
This Drall, Lahz, turned around and muttered something to himself. He walked back through the dor and went through many more, none with locks. He finally came through a door to the bridge, and looked for the Captain. Nothing. He went into the next room to see the Captain looking at a passing cargo ship. He spoke up. "Captain? You needed me?"

"Good morning, Lahz, old friend. I think that, considering that you are here, I should take advantage of this opportunity to make you my 1st officer. What do you think of it. Also, I've been hearing of you being SEEN shapeshifting. I am only known as a shapeshifter to my closest friends such as you, and if people think that YOU are a shifter, then they might assume me as well. So, if you please, only shift when there is no one around. Much appreciated."

Looking around the ship to see if anyone is around, “Heh, I guess we are early.” He said to himself as he walked into the main chamber. Then he looked back at his pokemon, “Go put those tools up somewhere, Voir” Cerberus ordered. Voir bowed and walked out of the main chamber and to Cerberus’s room. He sighed and walked around till he saw Vell. “Greetings Vell, any news you have to report since I been gone?” he asked as he leaned against a wall. His Gardevoir returned to his side and bowed to Vell.

As Vell sat by the screen, watching the events unfold by the bar, she heard Cerberus approaching. She turned her head halfway, so that one eye fixated on the Polaris. "We have a little trouble... Here, come, have a look." By this time, the monitor did not show Cuzakji or the other Kreel, as they had cloaked themselves, but the police had closed in on the scene, trying to block the entrance. Vell called into the communicator. "Cuza, what's your status?"

Cuzakji, meanwhile, was busy formulating his plan of escape, hoping the Drall would buy him enough time. "I'm going to need evac. Meet me at the roof." The Kreel opened the emergency side exit, but instead of exiting there, he then began to run upstairs. The alarm sounded throughout the building, and the police saw the emergency exit open. A few of them ran over to cover it, shooting their weapons into thin air. Starlight leapt up into the air and began to hover, flying invisibly through the air toward the building.

The Nautiloida dropped to sublight speed as it approached the planed of Koshin. As Aluarira checked the readouts for the solar system, she was intruiged to find there were two other ships in orbit.
"Hmm...lets see...The Ionia - a Naval ship?...and the Rush. Fascinating."
As the ship moved closer it began to fade and reappear seveal times before the cloak kicked in and hid the ship. The invisible shipped tracked it's way into a closer orbit.

Last edited:
Well, for your ship, your captain plotted a course for the Polaris homeworld, only he didn't, and now is heading for the planet Kashin, not to be confused with Koshin where my character's currently at. At least that's what I picked up. I think your ship is interrogating someone else at the moment.

((Well, Kali, I meant the planet that everybody seems to be headed for, and, I find that quite rude that you make fun of me for wanting to catch up with the plot. So it is, in fact, Koshin that I am at.))
"Sir, a ship just appeared on long-range sensors entering the system... And, now they're gone. They must have cloaked, Sir." The helmsman said.
"Send out a hail on all frequencies saying who we are, are purpose here, and that we don't want to harm them." CL(Captain Lehrer) responded

((Okay, I have no idea how to involve my character with this in any way, so Valkrie was sleeping. Yes. That works...))
Valkrie got out of bed, and released her Pokemon.
"How long was I asleep for," she muttered, looking at the time. "Okay, two hours. That's fine." With her Pokemon following, Valkrie went to go see what was happening.

Nobody noticed the beer can, until it suddenly turned into a large Kreel, the exact same size, shape, and color as the one that just disappeared. The Kreel, with its armor glinting purple in the neon lights, slowly walked towards the police… Then bolted out the emergency exit.

“After him!” None of the police noticed that the Kreel had a strange hue around it. Even if they did, it was lost in the excitement of being able to catch a criminal that was long sought for across the galaxies. The rewards would be great when the Kreel, an infamous pirate and smuggler, is turned in to the government. The crowd parted as the police ran after the Kreel. None of them pointed out the fact that this Kreel wasn’t the one before; they know better than to stick their noses into other people’s business.

The Kreel ran out of the emergency exit and turned into a dark ally, a throng of police trailing behind him. His sliver armor glinted in the darkness, the light of distant neon lights reflecting off of it. “Stop!” The police called out, their laser guns charged and loaded. One of them shot; a beam of red-hot plasma flew through the air, sizzling as it wetnt. The Kreel turned sharply at a corner and the glowing red beam missed him by an inch, leaving a deep hole in the wall.

The police followed the Kreel past the corner and found themselves at the side of a busy intersection. Hovercrafts shot by at high speeds, making it impossible to cross unless you want to get squished to a pulp. Just then, a large bus pulled over and stopped. Several creatures boarded the bus, one of them a sliver-and-blue Kreel. “Stop! We’re the police!” Pointing their guns at the bus and the passengers, the police then attempted to interrogate the confused Kreel, who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Nobody saw the thick, clear liquid slip through the drains in the ally and head up the building.

The Sirius ALPHA returned to normal space, a few thousand miles from it's next destination. Mark walked into the back room and grabbed a green opaque orb. As he walked back to the front of the ship, Mark pressed an almost invisible button on the carrier, turning it transparent. Inside, a Terran Linoone was curled up. Her name was Acuta, and Mark was delivering the young creature to someone on Koshin. The Sirius ALPHA's ion rockets kicked in and the ship's slightly sentient AI said, in a cheery, singsong, overall annoying tone," Plotting course for Koshin. Have a nice day!"

He pushes off the wall and walks towards the screen. “Hmm..Looks like he got more then he bargain for..” He looked back at his gardevoir and finished his thought, “Well now we better get ready to greet the captain when he boards.” He fully turned around and started walking to the mouth of the ship. Voir bowed at the flygon and followed Cerberus.
On there walk she looked up at him and ask, “Sir, maybe you should go back and stay with Vell, I can handle this if things get ugly.” Voir messed around with her communicator, while waiting for his answer. Cerberus just tilted his head and glared at her for a bit before speaking, “I see your point but, this is nothing more then just a simple evac.”

"Activate the cloak, helmsman." Captain Lehrer said. The ship then became invisible to sensors and visuals.

Cuzakji ran up the stairs of the building, leading the other Kreel with him. The building was two stories tall, with a second stairway leading up to the roof. He opened a metal door and exited to the outside, standing out just next to the opening. Cuza then shut off his cloaking device, letting it cool down. He spoke into his communicator. "We're here... and it looks like Drall is coming too.. I think I see it now."

Vell replied from her position in the cockpit. "We're almost there. Just hold on a little longer." Starlight passed over the streets and buildings of the city and finally stopped overhead, hovering just over the rooftop. "All right, we're in position. Get in, quickly!" Vell continued. Starlight lowered her neck and laid her head on the roof. She opened her mouth, and in doing so, began to bypass her cloaking armor. A glowing, silvery mist seemed to fill the area, translucent at first, but the further in one looked, the denser and more opaque it seemed to get. Cuzakji climbed in, and looked back to the other Kreel. "You were looking for quick cash, huh? Get inside, and I'll help you find it..." The 'floor' Cuzakji was standing on looked soft and gave a little to his steps, but soon, a shell of solid mist seemed to form around him, forming a sphere, which then carried him up the long neck of the ship and toward the main body. Starlight waited in position for the other two to get in as well.

"You can't be serious" Rin spoke aloud as the two uncloaked along with the head of the dragon-like ship made itself visible in front of her. It seemed to be a living being in itself. She knew of Drall and Polaris vessels, but this one was like nothing she had seen before.
The Kreel made his way quickly inside, speaking and beckoning Rin along with him. She stood for a moment staring as he was enveloped in a silvery mist before it transported him up the neck of the ship. Looking around nervously almost not believing where she was - but the sounding of sirens soon pulled her back, as police hovercraft could be heard buzzing around and officers swarming around like may flies.
"Thus is my life it seems.." Rin sighed as she herself entered the mouth of the "Ship", the surface it offered giving way eerily under her feet - and she couldn't help but feel uneasy as if actually being eaten. Soon being sent up into the body of the ship herself. Swaggering somewhat to the side as she found herself inside, she said only "I never even got to finish my drink~"

"People in this area don't LIKE shapeshifters, and to be respected we must keep it on the down LOW. If you continue to shift in public I won't hesitate to shoot you out of the nearest air-lock."

A clear, thick liquid oozed out of the drains on the roof. It sat there, quivering a bit like jelly, as if waiting for someone.

Two Kreels ran up the stairs and onto the roof, and a large glowing dragon head seemingly appeared out of nowhere. The thick liquid stayed still while the two Kreels ran into the open dragon’s mouth. The Kreels seemed to be in a hurry; of course, the police are after them.

The liquid pulled itself up and suddenly turned into a small hovercraft. The hovercraft took off and floated into Starlight’s “mouth”. The silvery mist, however, didn’t gather around it as it had with the Kreels. The hovercraft seemed sigh.

“Pory. Get me up there,” it bleeped in an exasperated voice and turned back into a thick, clear liquid. A series of electronic bleeps sounded from somewhere inside the spaceship apologetically, and the slivery mist, too, surrounded the blob of liquid and carried it up the ship.

"Yes, that is all." CP walked out of his readyroom. "Please, take your seat in the 1st officer's chair, Number One." he said to Lahz. He touched his comm badge and said over the shipwide speaker. "Alright, crew, I am authorizing some shore leave for everyone, so you may take a nice break on Koshin." He sat down, waiting for the rush to slow before he left.

Back
Top Bottom