• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Beyond The Stars

The main chambers of Starlight are in fact completely disconnected from the outside, separated first by a solid membrane that makes up the wall, then by a very dense fluid of the same type of mist that was seen when one looked into her mouth. This fluid is very hot and very bright, acting almost like a plasma, but it is almost completely blocked away from the inside by the membrane... a very good thing, because it could potentially dissociate atoms within molecules. The shell surrounding Cuzakji began floating like a bubble within the ectoplasm, protecting the Kreel from the harsh surrounding environment. As it approached the main chambers, this bubble first latched on to the chamber wall, creating a thin membrane between the two areas, like when two bubbles collide. The bubble seemed to flatten as it connected. Then, a hole formed in the center of the connecting membrane, and this hole quickly expanded, causing a ripple in the walls, ending with the personal pod becoming a new part of the wall itself and Cuzakji entering the main chambers.

The interior itself appeared phobic of sharp corners, as the walls, ceiling, and even the floors, while mostly flat, contained some curvature. There were no lighting fixtures... instead the whole set of rooms was lit from the walls themselves, a soft, florescent-like glow that encompassed the entire membrane. As Cuzakji stepped forward, the floor gave a few inches under his weight, stretching but at the same time acting very strong, a bend but not break type of setting. It was something that Cuzakji had to get used to, but it actually was helpful, reducing the stress on his tired muscles and joints from each step. It was like walking on a bed.

The room itself was mostly vacant, except for a lining of equipment along the walls perpendicular to the entrance wall. This equipment didn't really have use in the actual operation of the ship, but was used for occupants when leaving the ship for whatever reason. The various pieces of equipment were locked down in a set of cabinets connected to the wall itself. Looking up, Cuzakji first noticed a Polaris and a Gardevoir... Cerberus and Voir. They had entered into the connection chamber to greet him and Drall, apparently. Cuza nodded and greeted them. "Hello Cerberus... Voir. Well, looks like another success. However, I'm having to take another passenger." He stepped back from the entrance wall and turned around, waiting for Rin and the Drall to arrive. "Starlight, take off after they're inside. We have to get away from the city, so that we can remove the cloaking armor. You know it's not a good idea to blast through the atmosphere with it on... heat resistance..." A low, but strangely feminine voice began to fill the air, seeming to come from all around the chamber.

Of course. I remember the first time we tried. It was not a pleasant experience. All passengers are inside, and I am leaving the city now.

((Sorry for not being as active, I seem to have cought a cold. ^^;; ))
After listing to Starlight, Cerberus nodded back while his gardevoir bowed at the captain. “A passenger you say, are they our prisoner or a guest?” He asked then smirked, “Either way, I am sure we can make some money out of them.” He put his hands behind his back as he walked down next to Cuzakji, and looked at entrance wall. Voir followed him and looked down at Cuzakji, "Is there anything I can get or do for you sir?" she asked.

"The Ionia has cloaked. Interesting."
Aluarira disabled the Nautiloida's own cloak, and moved into a closer orbit.
"They're likely to try and question us again. Phoenix."
There was a shimmer of light and an apparently human female appeared, but she seemed to have no problem with the water - it didn't even slow her down. The girl was an average human hight, with dark hair, pale skin and wearing a blue and white naval uniform.
"Captain?"
"We may encounter some patrols - there is already a naval vessel in the area - and if we do I want you to assume captaincy."
"Of course Captain. Preparing hydrocloaking system." The hydrocloak would mean that anyone looking at the bridge through sensors would see an air-filled ship.
Aluarira swam from the flight controls and the hologram sat to them. On a separate system to the main computer, Phoenix would be able to fly the ship, but it wasn't on autopliot. Aluarira went down into the cargo hold and began to load up a shuttle.

"Nautiloida, please respond to our hails or I will be forced to attack you." CL said on the intercom, still paying attention while other crewmen took shore leave.

((Really, Philly, at least attempt to type out Captain Lehrer’s name even if you can’t manage a five-sentence post.))

Another silvery bubble, similar to the one carrying the Kreel before, slowly floated through the white-hot fluid and connected with the chamber wall. With what could be best described as a small “pop” sound, the wall opened and a Porygon2 floated out of the bubble-chamber. The hole in the wall closed as the red-and-blue virtual Pokemon levitated next to the blue Kreel. The Porygon2 nodded to the Polaris and the Gardivoir in greeting, then turned to face Cuzakji.

“Be more careful next time,” the Porygon bleeped, its voice strangely monotonous, “Do that again and you’re going to get caught.” Just then, a hole opened in the wall. Another Porygon2, the exact size, shape, and color as the one before, hovered through it. The hole quickly closed after the Pokemon has passed.

The two virtual Pokemon exchanged a series of complicated bleeps and clicks, then one of them spoke, in the same monotonous voice as before. “The other Kreel is named Zyen'rin Ssyrex. She’s a ex-military pilot and a good hacker.” The Porygon2 bleeped. “Don’t think she’s with the military anymore, though,” it added, almost as an afterthought.

"Shore leave? Great! I'll see you later, Captain!"
Lahz ran to his office. He picked up his keys, his more important files, and his Ditto egg. He walked past a few doors to the vehicle dock. Fourth down, fourth down...
He went to the fourth 'car' in the line, and put the key in the side. The door snapped ope, then shut as he walked in.
Th interior looked like a a small cockpit. His key moved through the wall and went into the ignition itself. It went into autopilot.
Lahz walked into the next room. It looked like a kitchen. He punched some numbers into a keypad, and the room faded into a living room. Before snapping on the TV, Lahz placed his egg into an incubator. The TV crackled for a second, and turned on as Lahz thought it. This new entertainment center is purely amazing...
The ship warmed up to take off.

Valkrie listened as Captain Lehrer announced shore leave, and she grinned. Turning to her two Pokemon, she motioned to them.
"Come on, let's go!" The three raced the ship, and looked around. Storm, the Salamence, nudged Valkrie slightly. "What, you want to go for a fly?" She nodded, and Valour hovered in the air. Valkrie got on Storm's back, and she lifted off, Valour following close behind.

"Mrs. Valkrie and Mr. Lahz, please come back to the ship and report to the bridge." Captain Lehrer said, tapping his comm badge. He had some things to talk with them about first, before they left. "Actually, no. I have a better idea." He pressed a button on his cuffs and he and Val transported to Lahz' ship.

((And by the way, it would be Ms.))
Valkrie blinked as all her Pokemon reappeared in Lahz' ship. Seeing the cramped space, she recalled Storm and Valour.
"So Captain, what do you need us for?"
((Mmm, I'll be gone until tomorrow. See you later, everyone~ And Philly, it's snowing in Canada =D))

((Phily, You never sent out a hail, you just gave an order))

"This is Captain Phoenix Gelert of the trading ship Nautiloida, making a delivery to the planet's surface."
Phoenix appeared to be seated at the controls as she awaited a response.

Captain Lehrer transported back to the bridge of the Ionia. "I hate multitasking" he muttered to himself. "Good. You are cleared for landing. We just have quite a few illegal ships running around now. You can understand."

"Of course ... Captain?" replied Phoenix, taking the Nautiloida close to the atmosphere.
Aluarira came back onto the bridge. With the communication channel still open she kept quiet and out of sight.

Last edited:
Phoenix closed the channel and stood, allowing Aluarira to take the controls.
"Keep an eye out for anything, Phoenix," she said, "You never know what people are planning."
"Of course, Captain," responded the hologram.

"Aaah!"
Lahz was taken aback as Captain Lehrer and Valkrie appeared on his ship. At least he thought her name was Valkrie. He only saw her occasionally, and in passing. He ushered them over to the side of the room while he punched a second code into the keypad. The room once again faded and turned into a bare room with chairs and a table. there was a pitcher of water and cups in the middle. The incubator stayed, though. "Now, please sit down. Have a drink."
He sat down and waited for the others to do so. "What have you come here for?"

((Does Valkrie know you two are Drall or not?))
Valkrie shrugged.
"Captain Lehrer called us here, I guess." She looked out the window at the sky, slightly annoyed that she and her Pokemon missed a chance to go flying. Hopefully the Captain would finish quick so she could get outside.

((Not yet.))
"Valkrie, you a member of my senior staff, as are you, Lahz, at least when you are on board. You two would be the least suspected to go on a secret mission for me. And Val, there is something that you should know about us. We are Drall." He then shifted to look exactly like Lahz.

Valkrie blinked. She had slightly suspected Lahz of being a Drall, and had seen him shifting slightly a few times. But Captain Lehrer... She grinned.
"Uh, that's new," Valkrie said, and broke out into laughter.

Valkrie shrugged, still with a big grin on her face.
"I do too," she said. "But laughing is fun."

Back
Top Bottom