• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
am I the only one who wants a poison-type legendary? D: there is no love for poison-types D: D:

I think they need to stop with the stupid evolution methods. I've probably said this before, but I really hate the new "move-evos" and all the new stones. If you really want more stone evos, evolve NEW POKEMON with OLD STONES! I mean, only two things evolve with a Thunderstone, out of the tons of Electric-types? What's up with that?

If you really want more stone evos, evolve NEW POKEMON with OLD STONES! I mean, only two things evolve with a Thunderstone, out of the tons of Electric-types? What's up with that?
I totally agree with this. I remember in RBY I used to actually buy the stones just in case, but now it's kinda pointless given that there's so few Pokémon per stone.

exactly, they need more love. Pretty much the only usable poison type is toxicroak and that has a 4x weakness to psychic (also it's ugly). :|

Okay I lied.

I mean, there are only a few cool pure-poison types, like Muk, Swalot, Weezing, and Arbok, but there are a ton of good Poison mixed types. I.E:

Crobat
Gengar
Nidoking
Tentacruel
Drapion

etc.

But srsly, Electric/Grass legendary needed.

I think they need to stop with the stupid evolution methods. I've probably said this before, but I really hate the new "move-evos" and all the new stones. If you really want more stone evos, evolve NEW POKEMON with OLD STONES! I mean, only two things evolve with a Thunderstone, out of the tons of Electric-types? What's up with that?

Thank you just what i wanted to say!

exactly, they need more love. Pretty much the only usable poison type is toxicroak and that has a 4x weakness to psychic (also it's ugly). :|
Toxicroak is the most charming thing ever so shut your trap. >:C
What is up with it: The new evolutions for Piloswine and the like need these to kind of explain how we couldn't get them before. :/

Of course, Nintendo is kinda doubting our Willing Suspension of Disbelief; we've been ignoring the 'are there actual animals too' thing without much fuss for years now.

Anybody hoping for a berry-filled region like Hoenn was?

well, it's not like they can introduce any new evolutions of old pokemon using the old stones, because of the whole consistency thing. they basically have no option but to dream up more convoluted methods to create new pokemon from old pokemon - either that or just introduce a whole bunch more stones. :\ take your pick.

personally what i would really like is for the player to have the national dex from the start, and be able to catch almost all of the 600 or so pokemon without ridiculous methods like the "dongle" or the "swarm" or the poke radar that don't make a whole lot of sense and are clearly just there so they can shoehorn all the pokemon into one region. gold and silver pulled this off expertly, so i'm not sure why black and white can't. and while i realize that 600 pokemon might be a bit of an unrealistic expectation, surely they can do better than diamond and pearl did. 150 pokemon in the sinnoh dex? that's not even 1/3 of all the total pokemon there are. wtf.

another thing is that the legendaries are just getting dumber imho. i do like the fact that they are making more and more legendaries - after all, catching legendaries is possibly the best part of the game (although any more than 14 a generation is really pushing it). however, the designs are getting worse i think. the designs of all the gen I and gen II legendaries clearly informed you that these pokemon were more powerful than the average ratatta, but the concepts were still fairly simple, and the legendaries all looked nonthreatening enough to potentially befriend a trainer, which, after all, is kind of the core concept of pokemon. fast forward to gen IV and the legendaries are mostly weird robot-like creatures that tower over all other pokemon, making you think "how is a ten-year old boy supposed to train this?". personally, i'd like to see more of the simpler, more friendly legendaries like those in generations I and II.

i also think it would be pretty cool if there was a legendary trio with a fire/ice member, a electric/fire member, and an ice/electric member. (or any other three types).

How can anyone not appreciate the majestic beauty of the great Toxicroak. :'(

I never really train my legendaries anyway, unless I catch one with a good nature or happen to really like that particular one. It feels way too godmode-ey to have them on my main team, especially since I like to make my in-game avatars into characters with backstories and lame shit like that.

I think the concepts for legendaries are actually getting cooler though. Giratina is like the most badass legendary ever. I like how the legendaries have entire mythologies centered around them now - in R/B/Y they gave Mewtwo and Mew cool backstories, but the bird trio are just sort of randomly there and that's probably why they bore me.

I never really train my legendaries anyway, unless I catch one with a good nature or happen to really like that particular one. It feels way too godmode-ey to have them on my main team, especially since I like to make my in-game avatars into characters with backstories and lame shit like that.

I totally do that too with my characters. :D I only use the legendaries for legendary-only battles with friends.

Zeta is right. We should actually be able to catch a good amount of Pokemon, without ridiculous methods. A dex of 151 is waaay to small out of 600+ Pokemon. At the same time, 600+ is too much for one Pokedex besides the national, I think.

They should just have a regional Pokedex, except with ALOT of Pokemon, like somewhere around 250-300. More than that would be a bit too much to fit into one region.

They should just have a regional Pokedex, except with ALOT of Pokemon, like somewhere around 250-300. More than that would be a bit too much to fit into one region.

This is right. Plus, with more Pokemon to fit into the region, we wouldn't have the same Pokemon showing up on all the routes (Bibarel, anyone?)

Or, bring back the ability to visit previous regions after beating the E4 and stuff the extra 'mons that don't fir in the main game into there. I was gutted when I found out there was no Johto or Kanto in Ruby D:

Or, bring back the ability to visit previous regions after beating the E4 and stuff the extra 'mons that don't fir in the main game into there. I was gutted when I found out there was no Johto or Kanto in Ruby D:
That's a pretty good idea.

You know what? They should make Hoenn a post E4 place, like Kanto in G/S/C/HG/SS. That way it'll shut up the people who want a remake of them.

I think the concepts for legendaries are actually getting cooler though. Giratina is like the most badass legendary ever.
Personally I don't really like Giratina. :\ Its origin form is pretty cool but every time I look at its standard sprite I just really feel like it should have arms.

giratina

I like how the legendaries have entire mythologies centered around them now - in R/B/Y they gave Mewtwo and Mew cool backstories, but the bird trio are just sort of randomly there and that's probably why they bore me.
Well, I'd say there have been backstories for about half of the legendaries so far. Like you said, Mewtwo and Mew are the only pokemon in rby with a backstory, but then gold and silver had a backstory for basically all of them. But after that, everyone except Groudon and Kyogre was just kind of there in rse. And finally, in d/p/pt, the lake and dragon trios have really cool backstories, but on the other hand, Heatran and Cresselia are incredibly inexplicable. So yeah.

Personally, I'd much rather have them introduce a brand new post elite four area. Kanto is kind of weird in gsc - it's nice that exists and all, and kind of fun to run around in and talk to people, but there's not a whole lot to do after you've explored all the routes once or twice. hgss kind of remedies this with the fact that all the kanto legendaries are obtainable, but it still feels like there's way too much empty space and not enough areas of interest. Something like the Sevii Islands but maybe a bit bigger would be really nice to have, I think.

This is a pretty good idea. They managed to fit 200 pokemon into RSE, and there wasn't even a post e4 area there. With a bit more effort and a large post e4 area, they could probably get a good 350, and that's over half the pokemon. The rest they could just not have if they wanted. All the reviews would probably say something like "it's lame that not every pokemon is in this game," but I'm sure most actual people would be fine with it, especially if all the pokemon they didn't have were in either the d/p/pt or hg/ss regional dex. After all, if you only own one pokemon game, chances are you wouldn't miss the extra 250 pokemon so much.

Two more things:
1) Can we not have to wait for the third version to have the battle frontier? I really don't see why we should have to. :\
2) I think it would be awesome if they brought back Team Rocket. None of the other villainous teams are anywhere near as cool as them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom