• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the one on the right is a water bear (goes without saying what type it is, I hope), the one on the left is a grass-type kangaroo, and the one on the top is... uh, idk, a bunny? A fire-type pig seems plausible (although Seika would be pissed that one of her signature fakes was taken), but I can see it happening.

What worries me most is that the top silhouette looks a bit like Turtwig, and the right one looks like Piplup o_o

I'll have to find the game differences before I choose which I want

Has anyone else heard that the black and white camera isn't ariel, it's eye level!
That'll be interesting

Yeah, I must agree with @lex on that one.

I think the one on the bottom right (the thin, tallish one) is the fire because, what if its a salamander? Yes, that would be similar to the whole Charmander thing, but if they made it into a four-legged beast, that would be epic. I could also see a kangaroo

The one with the squiggly tail must be the grass starter, because of a pattern I've noticed. It could be grass/groud-type.
Kanto: Blastoise(water-type)--> Johto: Feraligatr(water-type)
Johto: Meganium(grass-type)--> Hoenn: Sceptile(grass-type)
Hoenn: Blaziken(fire/fighting-type)--> Sinnoh: Infernape(fire/fighting-type)
They always carry one type (or types) of starter to the next region. I also doubt them making another fire/fighting starter, and because only a few people took Empoleon (let's face it. He was about as popular as Meganium and Venasaur, not that they're bad pokemon, just not popular), I really don't think they would carry water/steel to this new place. This leaves grass/ground as the crossover type.

Thus leaving the last one as the water-type starter. I foresee a bear maybe and perhaps a duck! It will weigh as much a banette because that is the closest thing to a witch in pokemon. :]

wow that's only what everyone says for every generation when there are silhouttes revealed only to eat their words when they realise that oh yeah we did that last time for no apparent reason.

Am I the only one who's seeing the bipedal-tail-finned one as a water starter? Like its tail looks like a fish or dolphin fin to me more than fire or leaves. :| And the body's all kind of streamlined like it'd be a swimmer. And then the one with the bouncy tail is the leaf one, and it looks like a shrew or a rabbit to me (it would be cool if it wasn't a reptile or bird this time for once), and then the round-ish kind of one looks like it'd be a sort of bear or something. :3 OHGOD wouldn't it be awesome if it was like a badass fire panda? OR OR a cat or |D something cute and fluffy for once.

Like this:
picture.php
That's what it looks like to me. |3

and yeah I know there's no fire on it shut up. >:|

Oh god I want it ;~;

And I always saw the left-hand one facing to the right, so I saw the back of its head as a leaf/thorn/something. If that's its snout I guess it could be any type really :/

Yeah, I can't tell if the one on the left has a Celebi-style head or a Cyndaquil-shaped one. I'm kinda hoping the former. Its tail could be some spiky leaves, some oddly-shaped fire or a paddle-tail-thingy of some kind. Can't wait to see which!

I really like 'em. The top one with the squiggly tail looks cuuuuuute :3

I am ridiculously excited about these guys. I hope the Water one's awesome; I love the Water-type best in every gen from Totodile onwards, and it'd be a shame to break tradition.

I was bored of revision and decided to make Pokemon out of the blobs using only MS Paint and my crappy touchpad:

BWstartersdanlar.png

Then Grabby wanted a go, but got bored (spot where!):

BWstartersgrablar.png

Last edited:
I'm thinking along the lines of the top image of Dannichu's post. The first one I didn't really think anything up, the second one I thought was probably fire, and the third probably grass because of the leaf-like things on the top. So the first one would be water. They're just silhouettes though, guess we'll have to wait..

Man, I really hope the one with the roundish head is frog-like. Screw the fact that seven out of twelve starters have been reptilian/amphibian [if you see Bulbasaur as a frog and Charmander as a salamander]. c:

My guess (Okay, my hope.) is that the left is Grass, the top is Fire and the right is Water.

If the left is Vibrava-like, I will love the world... so much...

I'll pick the left, though, because it's silhouette is awesome.~

I love your platypus idea! Much more than a beaver - Bidoof has put me right off the things ><

I hope the swirly-tail guy's a pig, too; the sillhouette's not much to go on, but the nose looks like it could be.

Hey everybody!
It's shitty sketch time!
This is almost exactly what I have been imagining all along, with the beaver in place of the platypus (although I do hope it will be a duck, ducks are awesome)

edit: except I believe that the far left pokemon's tail is not a literal flame, but represents one

This is almost exactly what I have been imagining all along, with the beaver in place of the platypus (although I do hope it will be a duck, ducks are awesome)

edit: except I believe that the far left pokemon's tail is not a literal flame, but represents one

Yeah, I'm thinking like leafy shapes colored like fire like Danni's thingy.

*knuckle pounds*

Yeah, I'm thinking like leafy shapes colored like fire like Danni's thingy.

"Thingy" is an excellent name for it. I've looked at the shadow from every angle and considered all types, and still have absolutely no idea what it's supposed to be. The other two have lots of possibilites, some more likely than others (still loving the platypus idea), but that skinny-with-spiky-tail thing is a huge question mark to me. It'd be interesting if it was a water-type, just because all the water-types we've had in the games so far have been fairly stocky, while this thing looks a bit more on the spindly/elegant side.

Which, I suppose, makes finding out what it actually looks like even more exciting! :D

I could have sworn there is some Hoenn pokemon that has the exact same tail that I am picturing the far left starter to have, but I have been unable to find it. :\ In any case, I'm imagining it being flat and sort of brightly colored, with concentric triangles and a thick outline around each spike.

edit: it's not the one I'm thinking of, but it might look a bit like Torchic's head feathers

edit 2: I was thinking anteater for the far left guy but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either

Yeah, its tail is similar to milotic's, now you mention it.

Water for the left guy would be nice; I'm a little tired of fire and grass getting all the fast starters and water always being some giant plodding slow thing. When the fastest one is blastoise (and totally should've been feraligatr or empoleon, given their dex entries), something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom