• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

Oh, and
The sprites are fine. They're better than fine. They might look sort of bad in the screenshots, but remember that the screenshots are probably a little resized, and... they're moving all the time in the game.

I was going to get Black because I really like Reshiram, but I might get White just because I like Zekrom's sprite so much. Like... woah.

Ah. Thoughts on everything thus far:
Starters: I'm not too crazy about the designs of the three, but I guess I'll get used to it. I'll force myself to if I have to >:[
Mascots: When I first saw them, I thought "Cool." Upon further inspection...Reshiram...awkward wings...the entire pelvic area screams awkward...but it's still cool ;D
Region: Where'd that desert come from? Why's there a snow-capped mountain surrounded by ones that aren't? Whoa. Huge city next to a desert... Pokeball shaped island.......... Yeah...randomness.
3D-ness: :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Battle scenes: Awesome. The sprites look weird, still, but they're going to be constantly moving, so I doubt I'll notice it at all
Pokemon: Hihidaruma...what the hell is it... Looks like it's evolutions might be really cool though. Gear and that...zebra (forgot name) look cool :D Chiramii and Mamepato: When I first saw them, I thought "AWW," but really...again? Mamepato now freaks me out though, after I saw that it was a "Pigeon Pokemon"... Pigeons and me do not mix well -shudder-
Other: You can play it online!~ That's going to be awesome: easier for me to pretend I'm doing homework, now ;] (bad me >:P) How'll they organize it, though? It seems like there might be hacking problems galore.

They should make the Pokémon-follow optional. And so that the Pokémon first in the party doesn't have to be the one walking around. Then you could have your powerhouse mon upfront but yet you're being followed by a cute lil chinchilla (Who, in my games, will be called Tortilla. Personal Reasons, don't ask)

DUDE

Pokemon are going to start randomly appearing in the real world, and there's gonna be this cool underground organization dedicated to eradicating the ones that do! But kids are gonna start teaming up with Pokemon that come to the real world and battling evil while showing the leader of said underground organization that Pogeymans have feelings too! And then eventually a large sentient pink blob originally meant to keep the Pokemon world from going out of control (but has now gone out of control itself) is going to emerge in all of the world's major cities and keep mutating until everything is destroyed, and we'll have to FUSE TOGETHER WITH OUR POKEMON to stop it and I'm going to shut up now.

what's sad is how awesome this sounds to me.

i call arcegreen!

I don't think there was any mention of the game of E3, which disappointed me... ah well, we'll see more of it later on.

Heads up if you haven't heard, by the way: the Pokébeach rumours are probably false. Their source posted the supposed Tauros evolution, and it was quickly found to be fanart from DeviantART from last year. He's still claiming it's all true and actually his source was shown that image to give an idea of what it looks like, but yeah. :/

If the plot thing actually gives you a reason to pick the "bad" choices, sure. Otherwise, good riddance.

I wonder which of the twenty or so "Minotauros" renditions he chose? I couldn't find the picture, but then again I didn't look very hard.

i figure that gear will have a split line depending on its ability. why else would there be two?

If the plot thing actually gives you a reason to pick the "bad" choices, sure. Otherwise, good riddance.

I wonder which of the twenty or so "Minotauros" renditions he chose? I couldn't find the picture, but then again I didn't look very hard.

This one.

I thought this whole fake Minotauros thing was old news, I'd read the entire thread on this a couple nights ago. :p I guess I forget other people are actually out doing things this summer though, while I sniff around forums and imageboards I never post in

i figure that gear will have a split line depending on its ability. why else would there be two?

Well, it's not like there's two different versions of Dodrio. That's a neat idea, though.

Hm. Haven't seen that one. I thought it'd be one of the ones that was actually called "Minotauros". That one is pretty cool, though.

I'd read the entire thread on this a couple nights ago. :p I guess I forget other people are actually out doing things this summer though, while I sniff around forums and imageboards I never post in

LOL. Me too...sadly.

Well, it's not like there's two different versions of Dodrio. That's a neat idea, though.
Doduo, you mean? If not, sorry. Not thinking straight. These regents questions are getting to me ._.

LOL. Me too...sadly.

Doduo, you mean? If not, sorry. Not thinking straight. These regents questions are getting to me ._.

I think Green was suggesting Gear might evolve into two different things based on which ability it has, otherwise, why would the one Pokemon be two Gears? But I was saying Doduo has two heads and also two abilities but still only has one evolved form. Not exactly the same thing but eh.

I actually kind of doubt Gear will evolve at all... What would it evolve into? Would it grow a back to attach themselves to or something? Or a clock?

I'm guessing it's probably well-known that this is just fanart, but... those final-form starters are so obviously fake. The designs are all basically just "bigger scarier version of (insert first-form starter)." Well, except for the otter's, but that one had the most room for improvement anyway, and even there the biggest difference is "actually looks like an otter now instead of a lame round thing." The real starters will change a lot more than that over the course of their evolution lines (look at Torchic vs. Blaziken, or Piplup vs. Empoleon. Huge difference compared to these.)

When I first saw that the legendaries were black and white color-coded and probably yin-yang themed, I thought for just a second that they might add a Light type (one of the worst possible ideas for a new type they could add, if they do ever add a new type) and then have them be Dragon/Light and Dragon/Dark... so glad that didn't happen. Sure, they don't really "look like" Fire and Electric types, but did Palkia look like a Water-type? Not at all. Did Giratina look like a Ghost-type? Not really. There's tons of Pokémon that don't have really obvious types.

I like the gator (yay for gators!), the ape-like thing (another non-boring Fire-type? wow!), and the pigeon, which actually looks like a pigeon. I really hope nobody's saying "but we already have pigeon Pokémon!" and pointing to Pidgey (which is based on a completely different kind of bird... if they didn't put "Pidge" in their names, nobody would ever associate them with pigeons.) Also the pink Psychic-type thing... though I'm really hoping it's not a baby Drowzee. We don't need more unnecessary babies. The gears are a neat idea, and I'm a little surprised they gave the Plus/Minus abilities to something other than the Pikachoids (so I guess Plus/Minus are no longer useless gimmick abilities?)

The electric zebra thing looks a little off somehow (not sure why... maybe it's the yellow+blue eyes?), and the Water-type starter looks dumb (but will almost certainly have better-looking evolved forms), but I can't say I really hate any of 'em so far.

Last edited:
Those final-form starters are so obviously fake... the designs are basically just "bigger scarier version of (insert first-form starter)." Well, except for the otter's, but that one had the most room for improvement anyway, and even there the biggest difference is "actually looks like an otter now instead of a lame round thing." The real starters will change a lot more than that over the course of their evolution lines (look at Torchic vs. Blaziken, or Piplup vs. Empoleon. Huge difference compared to these.)

"Obviously fake"... you know he wasn't trying to pass those off as real, right?

"Obviously fake"... you know he wasn't trying to pass those off as real, right?

Yeah, I figured it was probably known to be "what someone thinks they'd look like" fanart... but for some reason, I just left that out of my original post. You replied in the middle of me editing it in.

I think Green was suggesting Gear might evolve into two different things based on which ability it has, otherwise, why would the one Pokemon be two Gears? But I was saying Doduo has two heads and also two abilities but still only has one evolved form. Not exactly the same thing but eh.

I actually kind of doubt Gear will evolve at all... What would it evolve into? Would it grow a back to attach themselves to or something? Or a clock?
only doduo is connected. if it evolved into a split line, would its head, like, fall off?

but i was thinking maybe one of them would a) separate or b) consume the other to evolve. like, in a parasitic sort of way.

b) consume the other to evolve. like, in a parasitic sort of way.

or like eat the other one's brain. gogo dodo zombie! :D

tbh I'm kind of peeved that they're releasing an electric zebra because I made an electric zebra fakemon a few months ago. but I'm torn because it's adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom