• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that like HGSS in Gen IV, maybe there'd be Ruby and Sapphire remakes. WhatI'm saying is that there will likely be (Note, names are unconfermed)

GEN V

First: Black and White
Second: MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire
Third: Grey

See?

I'm standing by my theory that they'll make Hoenn a visitable region in B/W like Kanto in G/S/C. I don't want Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but make Hoenn a visitable region in a game so that I can see spruced up graphics and I'm good.

FRLG remakes - Needed for updated graphics + access to Kanto Pokemon in Gen. III
HG/SS remakes - Needed for access to different Johto Pokemon, and everyone wanted some pretty remakes :)
R/S remakes - No need. There's already compatibility with Gen. IV, which means that through Pal Park there is compatibility with Gen III, really meaning that there is no need for a R/S remake.

Yeah, I really don't think there will be Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Two is not enough to establish a pattern! Since they revamped the Pokémon data system between G/S/C and R/S, the first two generations were cut off from the rest of the series, so it was natural that they'd get remade, but there is no need whatsoever for a Hoenn remake unless they cut off compatibility again at some point.

It doesn't help that unlike R/B/Y and G/S/C, most people aren't nostalgic for the R/S/E days; from a marketing perspective, it would probably be a very silly decision.

I would love to be able to re-visit Hoenn in B/W (it's at the top of my wishlist, actually), but again, considering I still play my GBA games I don't really think a remake is in order at this point. Plus remaking every single game over and over gets a bit redundant.

I do hope that the airport means you can visit a past region though. :>

I meant that like HGSS in Gen IV, maybe there'd be Ruby and Sapphire remakes. WhatI'm saying is that there will likely be (Note, names are unconfermed)

GEN V

First: Black and White
Second: MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire
Third: Grey

See?
It's not that likely, unfortunately, unless the battery winds down. And even there, the batteries for later games aren't as important as the RGBYGSC batteries.

Also, I will cry if the third version is Grey. My money's on Rainbow.
Hey, be nice. :( [pot calling kettle]

I think Sepia or Brown could work. Sepia obviously being a reference to sepia toned films and photographs(fits in if you think about Black and White photos), while Brown is the same general idea, just that it is generic enough to fit in with Black and White.

But is that really enough to warrant a remake? I think that as long as R/S/E are still compatible in some way- directly or indirectly-to the new games, there shouldn't be a remake. FR/LG and HG/SS were necessary because they were outdated when R/S revamped how the games work, while R/S/E are pretty much still up-to-date, minus the Physical/Special split.

In any case, I'd much rather have Hoenn be a visitable region rather than be in a remake. The recently revealed airfield might make this possible.

All the previous remakes have kept the same region.

And I'm not saying that there won't be a Hoenn remake, just that it's not going to be Gen. V
I don't see why not, as remakes have been released for the past two Gens, why would they stop the trend now?

Q: is there any info if the 3DS is needed to play Black and White?

B&W are DS games. I don't think we'll be seeing any 3DS exclusive Pokemon games for a year or so.

I heard that the 3DS will have some extra features, but the games will be playable on the regular DS

I don't see why not, as remakes have been released for the past two Gens, why would they stop the trend now?
SparklyDiamond and GlisteningPearl, anyone?

It's not a trend yet. Two games is hardly a trend, especially considering the fact that neither Generation I or II were compatible. RSE and FRLG are going to be compatible with B/W in some way or another. As long as B/W are compatible with Gen. IV, RSE and FRLG will be compatible.

Plus remakes mean that people will want remakes of D/P in the 6th generation, and if that happens I swear that I'm done with Pokemon.

RSE was made before the physical/special split; that's a pretty major gameplay aspect.
Yes, but R/B and G/S weren't remade because there had been changes in major gameplay aspects; they were remade because they weren't compatible with the later games anymore, plus everyone's batteries dying and whatnot. We don't desperately need to play Ruby and Sapphire with our Sceptile's Leaf Blade being physical instead of special.

I heard that the 3DS will have some extra features, but the games will be playable on the regular DS

You are sorta kinda right. But the features are when played on a DSi, not the 3DS. We don't know what features there will be, though.

I'm willing to bet it'll have the DSi features when played on the 3DS as well, considering the 3DS has everything the DSi has and more.

I think that you would be able to visit another region in B/W; it just might not be Hoenn. Could it be Hoenn? Yes. But lets not rule out Kanto, or even Sinnoh. With RSE/FRLG you could get all existing Pokemon at the time. Same with DPt/HGSS. As long as you go to all the events, you won't have to transfer any Pokemon. Sinnoh has certain places where certain Pokemon evolve, so it would break the pattern. And with Kanto being the main region in Gens 1 and 3, it seems like it should be in Gen. 5. But I'm hoping that we could go to Hoenn in these games.

Because, as he previously mentioned, Nintendo's Brilliant New Evolution Methods(tm) have made it impossible to get a Magnezone, Glaceon, Leafeon, or Probopass outside of Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom