• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad they're not real... I wasn't too fond of them anyways to be honest and some of the final designs, like FLAMING FINAL PIG CHINESE MAN THING, seemed too... complex.

Digging the trailers though. I love how they show Reshiram and Zekrom in 3D.

Keep in mind that the second evolutions of Tsutsja and Mijimaru are real, mid you. Ther=y were on the leaked anime art with Iris on it.

Speaking of Iris, it turns out she's from the games after all. We don't know what her role is, though.

Keep in mind that the second evolutions of Tsutsja and Mijimaru are real, mind you.

Well, the colors might be, at least.

I thought Pokabu's fake evolution was cute. >: It looks like a rubber squeaky toy kinda. I'm a little disappointed they're fake, but at the same time I didn't want the evolutions spoiled for me anyway so...

Pokabu's evolutions were sorta cute, actually.

I like Derpderp's final form because it doesn't resemble Mijumaru, therefore making it awesome.

Tsutaja's were... okay. I'm not a fan of Tsutaja's first evo, but the second one was good. Figures the good one is a fake... grrr.

I'm still a bit iffy about the official-ness of the the starter evolutions. It might be that I'm not really a big fan of them, so I might be in the I-hate-the-designs-so-I'm-going-find-every-possible-flaw-with-them mindset. So I'm going to wait until the starter evolutions are offically revealed. However, I'm fairly sure the middle stage starters, probably not the color scheme, for Mijumaru and Tsutarja are offical or at the very least beta designs.

Eh.

Ehhhh.

I... guess maybe it's just the image, but I don't really like Tsutaaja's final evolution. And Pokabu's are both pretty terrible, and Mijumaru's is just what the hell is that thing.

Looks like this is another Hoenn for me. The Grass starter's cool and has an even better second stage, but then evolves again into a... thing. The Fire starter's adorable but evolves to be horribly ugly. And the Water starter I never liked in the first place and it evolves into something that's not really any better.

I was really hoping these guys were fake.

tsutaaja's final evolution is so... pale. it doesn't have that same smug wonderfulness to it as it did in its first stage. ganonpig's pretty awesome, and I'm willing to bet it's dual-type.

I've already stated my thoughts on narwotter.

tsutaaja's final evolution is so... pale. it doesn't have that same smug wonderfulness to it as it did in its first stage. ganonpig's pretty awesome, and I'm willing to bet it's dual-type.

I've already stated my thoughts on narwotter.

Types are apparently Grass/Dragon, Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting.

Ganonpiiiiig :D

I think the only real problem I have with mijumaru and tsutaaja's final stages is that I don't care for the abrupt and rather drastic color change they go through--the snake is awfully pale, and the otter is awfully dark, and they just look out of place. The images are simple and unshaded, though, not like finished Sugi art, so maybe the sprites and the official art will look better. That, and I guess I kind of liked the idea of a limbed snake. Maybe the evo could've at least kept arms, or something. :/ But I don't hate it, really!

Oh, well. Chalk this up to another "Kratos is one of all of five people on the internet who is actually 99%+ okay with this", I guess.

Where'd you hear about the types, Vixie? I don't see that anywhere. Otter looks a little awkward for fighting, but please god let ganonpig be dark that is perfect.

Since no one seems to have mentioned it yet, it looks like yanappu is going to have fire- and water-type counterparts, hiyappu and baoappu; there's a screenshot of baoappu next to yanappu in a triple battle, though it's blurry and mostly obscured by stuff. Pokébeach suggests that these guys may be a triple battle introduction gimmick the way plusle and minun were a gimmick to introduce doubles; they also say that Dento's gym will feature all three in some way. Now this I find particularly interesting--fire, water and grass, all in one gym? Even if Dento himself doesn't have all three (it just said his gym, not specifically him), that's a surprising amount of diversity and special attention to pokémon of more than one type. Usually off-type pokémon held by gym trainers are held purely to throw off whatever's super-effective against the leader, like the ghosts in Sabrina's gym or that azumarill in Byron's, but... hm! Makes me wonder if Dento's gym, at least, really is going to focus on a single type, or whether there'll be somethin' else going on in there!

Where'd you hear about the types, Vixie? I don't see that anywhere. Otter looks a little awkward for fighting, but please god let ganonpig be dark that is perfect.
Movepool and stat distributions from demos led to speculations (Mijumaru having high ATK and reportedly using striking attacks, some involving the shell as a weapon). Tsutarja had high SpA, and Pokabu had high HP.

An informant on /vp/ also claimed the Water/Fighting for Miju, as well as the other typings.

Holyshit, Grass/Dragon?

Yesss I get awesomesnake after all! I actually really like the concept of Tsutarja having arms that get kind of weaker and flimsier-looking in the second form and by the third form he's totally a snake. :v

Narwhotter's also pretty cool, and Ganonpig has grown on me. I swear he looks like something out of the Wind Waker series.

haters gonna hate, etc

Why is it that all final form dragon-type pokemon (barring legendaries) take 4x damage from Ice? Because I would totally have taken the Grass/Dragon Snake if I wouldn't have to expect to be taken down by a stray Icy Wind attack. I'm lovin Pokabu's second form for some reason, and Ganonpig was unexpected, but not completely satisfactory for me.

Derpderp's last form is... different. Although, his second form redeems the first a little, IMO. How he goes from the second to the third however escapes me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom