• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many sites have even gotten the letter besides Pokébeach (I mean, Pokerbeach) and Serebii? Those are the only two sites I've heard of. My big question is, if this is real, then why hasn't Bulbagarden gotten a letter yet? Bulbanews seems to say that the letter is real, though...

-You can get a Fire Stone in the same area that has the ruins. Evolving Baoppu just got much easier! :D

-Itemfinder is now very easy to use. It just points you in the direction of a hidden item automatically, as long as it is turned on.

-Rare Candies are SUPER RARE in this game. I'm on Route 4, after 3 gyms, and I just found my first one.

-A few trainers give you items after battle. Most often, you are given berries, but someone gave me 3 Heal Balls once.

-Cheer Up, the TM from the first gym, I just feel like pointing out, is VERY useful. Raises Special Attack and Attack. Very very nice. :D

-You know that yellow bar that you saw in some of the screens of the game? It appears over Pokemon when their ability activates (i.e. a bar shows up at the beginning of battle for a Pokemon with intimidate)

-It's very easy to get lost in the side area off of Route 4.

-You can find Rankurusu's pre-evo outside of the 6th city (the one after Hiun). I presume you can find Gocherizu's pre-evo there too, in Black.

-Route 4 and the ruins area is like watching Lost. You enjoy it, but it gets repetitive after a while. and you're happy, but only mildly disappointed, when its over.

-Raimon City looks very pretty. Kind of reminds me of Veilstone because lots of things are paved.

-Have I mentioned that the victory theme against Team Plasma is really quite awesome?

-When dressing up for Pokemon Musicals, items automatically "equip" themselves at certain areas. You can choose where, but it's still automatic. For example, you can either have your Pokemon wear a hat, or hold it in its hands. I did this on my Dancing Cactus and he looked pretty sexy. :)

-I don't know HOW this hasn't been reported yet, but apparently you don't get hurt by poison outside of battle anymore.

-There's an NPC in one of the buildings of Raimon who gives you a Sun Stone. Here I was thinking that if I used Churine that it would take forever to finally get it to evolve...

-Another NPC in Raimon gives you HM04 - Strength.

-Yet another NPC in Raimon gives you a Soothe Bell. I really need to go back to the past cities to see if I missed any NPC items...

Anyways, I'll update again later. For anyone who is interested, here is my super sexy team ATM.

-Wottr the Futichimaru Lv. 26
-Rapto the Rock/Flying fossil bird Lv. 25
-Jedi the Zuruggu (Dark/Fighting) Lv. 26
-Zeeba the Shimama evo Lv. 27

EDIT: Well, its only images that can't be released, right? As long as we can still get details, I'm fine.

Though Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever is doing this sure is making a mountain out of a molehill.

On slightly less wanky news, it seems that the maximum sprite size has increased again. Both Aakeos and Rankurus have sprites larger than 80 pixels by 80 pixels (Aakeos is 80x84 and Rankurus is 88x80, but there is whitespace I left). I wonder what the maximum is this time.

On slightly less wanky news, it seems that the maximum sprite size has increased again. Both Aakeos and Rankurus have sprites larger than 80 pixels by 80 pixels (Aakeos is 80x84 and Rankurus is 88x80, but there is whitespace I left). I wonder what the maximum is this time.
They're 96*96.

N-n-no outside poison damage?

TMs are multiple use?

No prerelease images?

Fuck you, Nintendo.

Not seeing how the first two are bad at all. No outside Poison Damage, while removing some of Poison's uniqueness, probably has to do with the fact that several of the routes are massive(or so I've heard). And multi-use TMs, well, that's pretty amazing and should've been done from day one IMO.

Just sayin' is all.

-Rare Candies are SUPER RARE in this game. I'm on Route 4, after 3 gyms, and I just found my first one.

Route 4? Were you returning to it or something? o.o *didn't expect to hear "after three gyms" in conjunction with "route 4"

-It's very easy to get lost in the side area off of Route 4.

... that's a first.

-Rapto the Rock/Flying fossil bird Lv. 25

Does it learn Fly? I want to know because I need /some/ Flying-type to use since Wargle might not come til post-game ; ;

actually on that subject does the Water/Flying swan learn Surf and/or Fly?

Not seeing how the first two are bad at all. No outside Poison Damage, while removing some of Poison's uniqueness, probably has to do with the fact that several of the routes are massive(or so I've heard). And multi-use TMs, well, that's pretty amazing and should've been done from day one IMO.

Just sayin' is all.

But it takes all the fun out for me.

Route 4? Were you returning to it or something? o.o *didn't expect to hear "after three gyms" in conjunction with "route 4"
Nope, Route 4 is after Hiun City, and Hiun City is where the third gym is located. This is primarily because the routes are decently long.

Does it learn Fly? I want to know because I need /some/ Flying-type to use since Wargle might not come til post-game ; ;
I imagine it does learn Fly, but I haven't gotten Fly yet. I'll tell you when I find out.

It does learn Dig though, which is kind of interesting. My question is, if it dug itself underground, do Earthquake or Magnitude hit it since it is a flying type? :/

Nope, Route 4 is after Hiun City, and Hiun City is where the third gym is located. This is primarily because the routes are decently long.

Well, that was unexpected. o.o actual content in a Pokémon game! what is this world coming to?

It does learn Dig though, which is kind of interesting. My question is, if it dug itself underground, do Earthquake or Magnitude hit it since it is a flying type? :/

bahaha I want to see that

I just read that Ditto gets an ability through the Dream World called Eccentric. It automatically Tranforms into its opponent as it enters the field. YES!!! I don't have to waste a turn Transforming anymore! It gives me more time to actually hurt the other Pokemon! Woo hoo! Ditto doesn't suck anymore!

UPDATE #3

-4rd gym is pretty easy in comparison to the last two. Emongas are difficult because they are immune to Ground type moves, but they gain nuetralness to Electric type moves, which is allowing Zeeba to kill them. The Shimama evo that the gym leader has can be destroyed with dig, due to not so great defenses. Jedi helped with that.

-TM72 is an electric type U-Turn. I'm not going to end up using it.

-Boulders for Strength are much bigger, and most of them are near a hole that they need to be placed in in order for you to pass. Its much easier to see it than to explain it.

-Chillarmy is found on Route 16, along with Garbagemon and Rankurusu/Gocherizu's pre-evo, (depending on your version)

-Off of Route 16 there is a small forested side area with an RV in it. I don't really know what's going on there, but there is also another place accessible by Waterfall in that forested area.

-Route 16 is rather short, and the entrance to the next area is blocked. Route 5 it is!

-Shit, its been a while since a rival battle. Well, as soon as you enter Route 5 Cheren comes along and says "Hey you haven't had a battle with a rival for almost 2 hours. You know what that means!"

-You can register multiple items again. If you have 2 or more items registered, then a small little menu pops up and you select which one you want to use. This is very convenient.

-Wild double battles have a different battle theme, or at least a different theme at the beginning

-I love how, moments after the drawbridge is lowered and you enter it, there are already people walking around on it. There is some freakishly ominous music that plays on it.

-I don't think there are any screenshots of Hodome city, but its rather bland and uninteresting, really.

-There is a shop that sells Moomoo Milk and herbs in Hodome

-Right next to that shop is a trainer who gives you your first TRIPLE BATTLE!!! :D It is against Meguroko's evo, Shimama's evo, and a Basauro. It's not too hard, but the Shimama evo is a bitch to take down if you have a water and a flying type. The "Move" command is fucking retarded, however. What happened to me is that it was Zeeba and Jedi against Shimama Evo. Here's how the battle looked.
O - -
- O O
Essentially only Zeeba could hit Shimama Evo. The move command only swapped places between the two, which meant that there was no way for Jedi to hit Shimama Evo. Quite a bad introduction to Triple Battles for me.

I'll go back to my game later. Right now, I'm desperate for food and water.

its unanimous that the music epic wins.

the second nintendo bans new information release, i will CRAWL to wahington state and kill them. 3000 miles later.

Well it's too late for them to demand the sprites taken down, at least. Anyone who wants them has them saved, and those who don't can get 'em off the ones who saved them.

I can't stop loling at Pokebeach's current layout. It's so full of lol.

I can't belive that all the pictures are taken down now. I'll have no idea how to draw them unless I search them up or something. :/

Anyways, I'm loving Black and White. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom