• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
...That particular post was regarding Torchic, not Pokabu.

I realize that; the post was comparing the two and pointed out how Torchic's name helped make it obvious that it was Fire and I was pointing out how Pokabu's name cold potentially do so as well. :x

I realize that; the post was comparing the two and pointed out how Torchic's name helped make it obvious that it was Fire and I was pointing out how Pokabu's name cold potentially do so as well. :x

Yeah, but Pokabu also does as well. "Pokapoka" means "warmth circulating through one's body".

Don't know how accurate the translation is, but that's from Bulbapedia, so hey.

Pokabu makes me think of Pokéblu :(

Pokeblu?? Like Pikablu?

I dunno if this has been mentioned or not and I'm too sleepy to bother reading, but it just occurred to me that even though their classification is apparently "Legendary Dragon Pokemon" that might not actually be their type... I mean, Horsea or Seadra or something has the Dragon classification too, and it didn't become dragon type until Kingdra.

And I'm definitely getting Pokemon Black. I'm in love with Reshiram.

Yeah, but Torchic is another Fire type starter that is kinda in the same boat as Pokabu. There is nothing to signify at first glance that it's a fire type except the color (and name).

Pokabu needs some love too. :(

The fuck are you talking about? Torchic screams fire-type, even if you don't know its name.

Pokabu makes me think of Pikablu :(

I keep thinking that and it really bugs me :<

Also, I'm not sure what's up with the new legends, but they have jet engines attached to their butts.

I'm going with Version White these days because Zekrom looks like the less awkward of the two. I can see how from the waist down you guys could call it Palkia, but everything else is original.

Reshiram just looks...weird. I'm sure it will grow on me, just like the starters have already, but dang!

Does anyone else think it's odd how quickly game freak is letting their most treasured cats out of the bag? Back when gen IV was coming out, they revealed munchlax, mime jr., bonsly, lucario, drapion, chatot, buizel, bidoof, weavile, and probably some others I'm forgetting all before the starters and version mascots. This time, all we got was the zorua line and then bam, starters and legendaries. It seems like anything else they reveal will be a bit anticlimactic after this, doesn't it? Unless, of course, they have something very major they're waiting to tell us?

OH GOD GUYS. SERIOUSLY.

1ru8ud.gif

what is that supposed to be a response to? nobody's complaining about the new legends, if that's what you're getting at.

Love:

3-D angles
Pokémon do more than stand still when waiting for orders and they ACTUALLY MOVE when using tackle.
The starters and legends.

Don't get:

Where'd Zoruoa get that hairband? It's like Machoke and the Magical Speedos all over again!
Floating rocks. Ok, so there's a logical explaination. (Magnetic fields..check serebii) but still, FLOATING ROCKS!
Hiun City is so technologicaly advanced (Supposedly the whole region is, but whatever)
and yet, there are wooden train tracks? What happened to the Ultra-High-Tech regionof the future, huh, huh!?

Hate:
None as of yet

Just joined, Don't know if this has been mentioned, but...

what we will most likely see in black and white:

a new Normal/Flying type family

Zubat, Geodude, Wurmple/Catepie/Weedle, Tentacool etc, etc, appear early on

the Legendaries will most likely be part Dragon. Zekrom May be part Dark or Ghost, Reshiram may be part Ice.

new Attacks/Pokeballs/TM's/Items

Various two to three stage evolution families (for ex, Ralts, Nuzleaf,Lotad,Swablu in RSE, Shinx, Bidoof, etc in DPPt)

Just joined, Don't know if this has been mentioned, but...

what we will most likely see in black and white:

a new Normal/Flying type family

Zubat, Geodude, Wurmple/Catepie/Weedle, Tentacool etc, etc, appear early on

the Legendaries will most likely be part Dragon. Zekrom May be part Dark or Ghost, Reshiram may be part Ice.

new Attacks/Pokeballs/TM's/Items

Various two to three stage evolution families (for ex, Ralts, Nuzleaf,Lotad,Swablu in RSE, Shinx, Bidoof, etc in DPPt)

Way to state the obvious! :D Really, though, Reshiram and Zekrom are already confirmed to be Dragon type.

Like I said, jet engine strapped to its butt :D

But it looks a bit less awkward from that angle

Butt-engines are the best.

I'm really starting to look forward to these games. Fourth gen got me kind of scared of what might happen, but it's been nothing but pleasant surprises since the starters were shown (Zorua and Zoroark are decent, but I was still skeptical until the starters appeared).
I actually want to train all of the starters at some point, I didn't want to do anything with any of the 4th gen starters. Reshiram and Zekrom are a lot better than the DPPt legendaries (ew Arceus) and the main characters' ages are just perfect.

I can't wait to see more new pokes. Maybe a Dunsparce evolution? Maybe something else?

Last edited:
Woah, Reshiram and Zekrom are awesome. <3 I like how, in a way, they're simplistic; they remind me more of Pokémon like Zapdos and Articuno rather than some of the new legendaries, and I've always preferred the early legendaries to the new ones.

I'm nervous, though, that the games aren't going to be much different than what we already have. All we've really seen so far are aesthetic changes and a few miscellaneous changes. I'm going to be very disappointed if Nintendo keeps advertising these new, revolutionary games, and all we get are some shiny new features like people run around you and Pokémon move during battles. The new city looks very intriguing, but if it's the only place like it in the game and the rest of the places are normal, then it is not going to win me over at all. Granted it's still early and we don't know everything about the games, but I'm still suspicious. Unless there are some very major changes, I'm not going to get the games no matter how cool the Pokémon are, because there's plenty of cool Pokémon in the old games and I can always play those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom