• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. Mantyke evolving if a Remoraid is in your party doesn't make sense? Where did the Mantine get its Remoraid? At least that's sort of explained!

I think a bunch of the gen IV evolutions look stupid. However, I can't really think of anything I'd've done to make them more awesome. Tangrowth is brilliant. Magnezone looks stupid as hell but is SO AWESOME man it's a UFO I have my very own pet UFO. Probopass is stupid/awesome. GROUCHO MARX DISGUISE FUCK YEAH

The only added evolution I've ever thought was entirely stupid and pointless is Politoed. I keep forgetting it exists. Everything else? YES.

Why is someone trying to generalize on odd generations? Gen I was the first Pokémon game set, and Hoenn games tried to pretend that Pokémon wasn't a series. There's nothing to go on.

Wait. Mantyke evolving if a Remoraid is in your party doesn't make sense? Where did the Mantine get its Remoraid? At least that's sort of explained!

I think a bunch of the gen IV evolutions look stupid. However, I can't really think of anything I'd've done to make them more awesome. Tangrowth is brilliant. Magnezone looks stupid as hell but is SO AWESOME man it's a UFO I have my very own pet UFO. Probopass is stupid/awesome. GROUCHO MARX DISGUISE FUCK YEAH

The only added evolution I've ever thought was entirely stupid and pointless is Politoed. I keep forgetting it exists. Everything else? YES.

Why is someone trying to generalize on odd generations? Gen I was the first Pokémon game set, and Hoenn games tried to pretend that Pokémon wasn't a series. There's nothing to go on.

Mantine's Gen. IV sprites don't show it with a Remoraid.

Tangrowth, Probopass, and agnezone all need more love, seriously.

I actually kind of liked some of the newer evolution methods. Leveling up at Mt. Coronet was a fun way to evolve stuff, although it kind of screws those Pokemon over for future generations... At least it was better than just adding more and more (and more) items to the game. In Black and White I want storing items in the PC back (unless it was back in HGSS, I can't remember) or, if they make any more wacky evolutions, use old items rather than making new ones.

They can't go with old items. They don't add evolutions that were possible in earlier games, ignoring Ancientpower Swinub and Rollout Lickitung.

I wish the levelup at certain areas evolutions had corresponding ones in HGSS; maybe Mt Silver could've had a Coronet rock and Viridian Forest could've had a mossy rock and Seafoam Islands could've had an icy rock. I'm sort of expecting that there'll either be similar locations in BW or there'll be hold items. I don't think they'll make something you can't ever do in a later game, yeah? They *might* keep them out of BW, but they'll still be back at some point.

I'd love either more item pockets -- hold item pocket! please! also, DON'T PICK UP PLATES -- or PC space.

Yeah, but with new Pokemon, the evolution wouldn't be possible in an older game where said Pokemon doesn't exist.

That wouldn't stop kids obsessed with Urban Legend of Zelda from trying.

Not to mention that it just sort of screws with canon in general. "Why did nobody notice this Pokémon's existence until now?" "Uh... nobody tried to evolve Corsola by giving it a Water Stone until now?"

I think you're missing the point, Elliekat. At no point has Gamefreak introduced a new evolution or pre-evolution with requirements that were easily meetable in earlier games. They're pretty good about making sure that Pokémon don't suddenly become able to evolve in later games.

RGBY didn't have hold items, happiness, time of day, or breeding, so the conditions for all of the new (pre)evolutions in GSC could not have been met in earlier games. RS introduced breeding while holding particular items, and the items weren't in earlier games. DP had location-based, move-based, and item-based evolutions and either the requirements didn't exist or the Pokémon didn't learn the move (though they fucked up slightly with Lickitung and Piloswine).

It'd be very uncharacteristic of them for old Pokémon to gain new evolutions using old methods.

I think what Elliekat means is why can't new lines evolve with old methods, like say, the Thunderstone which has been ignored since generation I. It really irks me that the Thunderstone purely exists to evolve pikachu and eevee. o.o

...I want that squirrel it's adorable ;_;

Dammit I need to stop coming to this thread. I want Gen V to be like my next Gen III which I knew nothing about until I got Ruby. :l Though that was probably due entirely to the fact that I didn't use the Internet back then.

Gear Pokemon. FUCK YEAH.
Thunderboltzebrathing. FUCK YEAH.
Whatever the hell that pink thing is! It's cute! Concept is rather similar to Drowzee, but it's cooler-looking so I don't care.
The chinchilla thing is cute too!
Aaaaand I like the generic bird Pokemon. It's a pidgeon!
Female professor. Ooh. :v

Edit, oh, okay, the red thing is a daruma doll! NOW IT'S COOLER. Although I do tend to like anything with a crazy-ass rapeface.

Last edited:
Hm. I can't say I'm overly fond of any of them, but Chiramii is pretty cute, Mamepato is okay as a bird, I guess Giaru is a decent way to do something more with the Plus and Minus abilities than just having Plusle and Minun, Meguroko is pretty cute for a baby desert crocodile, and Shimama might have a cool evolution. Want nothing to do with Munna or Hihidaruma, though. Why do we need another Fire ape and dream-eating thing?

I like the female professor. I hope she's Professor Willow.

At least it's a normal-type rodent rather than another electric-type one...

I think all the new Pokemon look good - they look like Pokemon and that's really all I can ask from Game Freak. Actually, I don't like the pink one - I hope its evolution (if it has one) is better.

EDIT: TWO WORDS THAT I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE FOR A WHILE: RANDOM MATCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom