• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
):? Think we'll finally get to dress up our trainers or something and not just change which trainers we look like in the Wifi club room?

Customizable avatars would be nice, but I get the feeling that this is just so you can change your Wifi room appearance or something, sadly. Though, I don't know what was wrong with sticking that guy in one of the first pokemon centers, other than the awfully short, limited list you could pick from.

And now for my rants...

Triple battles: Certainly wasn't expecting this... should be interesting.
Three unnamed pokemon: Floaty green thing doesn't really look special. The rock thing in the middle looks cool, but I immediately thought "Probopass" when I saw it. It's probably just due to the colors and the fairly rocky-looking body. Perhaps it's an attempt to fix that horrid mistake with an evolution? Or an alternate Nosepass evo? Anyway, the black standing thing looks cool.
Mole: The base form('s back) looks okay, but the evo in the other picture looks weird.
Gold raptor-lizard-thing: Not bad, I suppose. Nothing really special.
Sarcophagus thing: Really like this one. Probably (hopefully) a ghost. I just hope it isn't a ghost/dark. We have enough of those. Just like we have too many water/ground types. Anything that's part flying doesn't count.
Electric Spider: Win. An electric type that isn't a rodent, we needed more of those. Hell, we just need more dual electric types. I hope it's bug, but I'd kinda like an electric/grass type too. Though I guess I don't know why a spider wouldn't be a bug-type. That should have been Volbeat's typing, though.

I wonder what's up with the missing bag option in battles. I hope that's only for like gym battles or something.

Still no other details about what the point is for uploading a save file to a computer. I guess it would be cool if it simply copied it to make a backup or something, so I hope it doesn't actually move your game file. I don't see why they'd do that, but then again, there's plenty of other things they did that I didn't understand.

Sarcophagus thing: Really like this one. Probably (hopefully) a ghost. I just hope it isn't a ghost/dark. We have enough of those.

My best guess is that'll it be Ghost/Ground. I mean, most sand-themed 'mons so far are ground types, and this Pokémon seems to be inspired by the Egyptian kind of sarcophagus, and we all know there is plenty of sand over there.

Not sure I like the whole 3-on-3 battle thing. 2-on-2 battles made the screen look pretty crowded already... and it looks like they're going to do the whole "zoom out so much that the sprites start looking junky" thing in order to fit three on each side, which might be even worse than just having each side of the battlefield look crowded.

More animations in battle is good and all, but I'm really not liking the fact that the sprites are going to be distorted half the time because of the camera effects...

Some of the newly-revealed Pokémon look good from what I can see of them (the sarcophagus ghost thing, the unknown rock thing), but most of the others aren't really clear enough for me to tell without seeing a better-quality picture...

And some just look kind of "off" somehow. Mostly the flying green critter and the tall black whatever-it-is in the "three unknown Pokémon" screenshot. It's probably just the overall crappy quality of the screenshots, but there's something about those two that makes them almost look fake to me.

And some just look kind of "off" somehow. Mostly the flying green critter and the tall black whatever-it-is in the "three unknown Pokémon" screenshot. It's probably just the overall crappy quality of the screenshots, but there's something about those two that makes them almost look fake to me.

THIS. That green thing and the blue-and-red thing just look like someone's Fakemon colored like Shiny Groudon and Nosepass. Actually all of them look like some bad spriter's Fakemon to me, but that might be because this is the first time I've been around for reveals- I totally missed the reveals for the fourth gen.

Not sure I like the whole 3-on-3 battle thing. 2-on-2 battles made the screen look pretty crowded already... and it looks like they're going to do the whole "zoom out so much that the sprites start looking junky" thing in order to fit three on each side, which might be even worse than just having each side of the battlefield look crowded.

Also, wouldn't certain move's effects in double battles need to be changed?
for ex, Earthquake's base power. some positive changes would be that wind attacks: (ominous wind, silver wind) hit all pokemon on the opposing side as opposed to just one.

I'm sort of wondering how Plus/Minus works in triple battles (and all the other doubles stuff like Helping Hand). Doesn't this make Follow Me incredibly broken?

Also, am I the only one who still likes the gear Pokemon? It seems to be made of so much fail that it is win, because they pretty much just called it 'gear'.

Darn, the Sarcophagus thing has crappy HP.

Anyone notice the epic music? It's so much more epic and adventurous than D/P's IMO.

Last edited:

oha-suta-new-pokemon-3.jpg

Eh? Looks to me they made the backsprites smaller(which fits in with the Zoroark sprite I made a while back by looking at the enlarged pixels in the screen shot) so that they can fit 3 on screen at once. Compare the sprite and the screenshot above to this one:

chiraamii.png

It's rather apparent that the game zooms in further when you have fewer Pokemon out in battle. But in triple battles, the sprites are either normal sized or close to it.

Anyways, I find it kind of funny that many people are already judging what triple battles will be like when there has only been 7 seconds of triple battle footage shown, which mainly shows the Pokemon being sent to battle.

All of them are okay except the sarcophagus, the tarantula, and the green thing. I LOVE them! Especially the sarcophagus. I've wanted them to make a Pokemon based on them since Gen. 2. Thank you!
Triple battles would have been unexpected if I didn't predict them myself. With singles introduced in Gen. 1 and doubles introduced in Gen. 3, it's an easy guess.
Gen. 11 may be screwed.

Man, after looking over the description I wrote back in April for my Zoroark sprite on deviantART, it's a little scary about how much I wrote was true.

What's interesting to note is that Zoroa in the same image looked very close to the 4th Gen style(though I only got a brief glance since I focused on Zoroark), AND that the Zoroark sprite fits within an 80x80 limit. Whether or not this means that this will be the actual style and limit will have to be seen. This would allow them to reuse any front sprites of Pokemon that won't appear in the Pre-Nat Dex, saving a lot of time and effort on their part.

Since then, they reused the front sprites for Entei(but animated them) in one of the videos showing off Zoroark's ability, and the other sprites are certainly in the 4th Gen style. And, like I said with the triple battles above, it looks like 80x80 could be the actual size limit for the Back sprites, it's just that they game zooms in on them most of the time to create an effect similar to the back sprites of the previous Gens(but this pixelates the sprites in the process).

Whee, this should be interesting. I wonder how long it will be until 6-on-6 battles? :D I think my favorite is actually the pigeon Pokemon. It looks so normal and plain that it's cool. Or maybe I just like pigeons.

Okay, I seriously can't find a bigger version of this picture so I'll just link to the LJ post:

It could be leaked anime concept art, or it could be more fake stuff. Grain of salt for now, etc

In the event it is real, it shows a couple of new Pokemon (including Tsutaaja and Mijumaru evos, some bat-looking thing, and some dinosaur-looking thing) and some new anime characters.

Just posting to say they showed a commercial for the new movie with something about a new anime season at the end, and a silhouette of the girl in the supposed 'leaked picture' was shown - which likely confirms said picture as legit. :v

Just posting to say they showed a commercial for the new movie with something about a new anime season at the end, and a silhouette of the girl in the supposed 'leaked picture' was shown - which likely confirms said picture as legit. :v

Aw, nuts. I hated Mijumaru's evo in that leaked picture. It looks like an anorexic Marshtomp with duck feet. Mijumaru itself is so cute though! If its final form is ugly too I'll probably start with Tsutaaja.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom