• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...is that new female character black? If so, HOORAY, pokemon has its first non-Brock ethnic character! :D

Maybe sarcophugous (spelling) Opens in a sandstorm like cherrim does in sunlight.

noooooo that made Cherrim so useless D: Having that would ruin a perfectly good Pokemon.

Anyway. New picture and I AM DISAPPOINT. I am disappoint that they're keeping Ash, but I was right about them not including the B/W girl which is why they've made an entirely new character that's younger in order to replace her. BLEHHH NOT INTERESTED. I don't think she's black, either; she's just shaded, like Tsutaja's evo, and the scan shows it in greyscale.

Also these fakemon, including the fuzzy zubatclone that the Rockets get because it's useless and Tsutaja's evolution, aren't good. :/ Especially Tsutaja's evolution. SO GENERIC GRASS-TYPE. It's lost the charm it had as Tsutaja without gaining awesome in its place.

I kind of like Mijumaru's evolution though, although from what I can tell it's a bigger and lankier Mijumaru. If it's fighting-type, too, that'd be cool. (I don't think there's a water/fighting Pokemon yet.

God I hate this new girl so fucking much ughhh. She better not be a goddamn coordinator again because I'm so sick of this sexist bullshit. I mean, not that I'm actually going to watch the Pokemon anime. But what was all that talk about trying something new, hm? What I want, more than anything, is for them to start another anime in an alternate continuity, aimed at older audiences and starring the B/W heroes. Something with higher production values and more of a focus on plot. Thatwouldbesocool. x3

noooooo that made Cherrim so useless D: Having that would ruin a perfectly good Pokemon.

Useless? How is it useless without sunlight, or at least any more useless than any other pokémon of its approximate stat total? It actually has perfectly viable ingame stats. Uninteresting, sure--I can't bring myself to use it because it looks so horribly bland without sunlight--but no more useless than vileplume. At the very least desukaan looks like it'll be interesting even without opening, so it can't be as bad.

Anyway, opening in a sandstorm sounds counterintuitive. They put dead things in sarcophagi in the first place to keep grating/damaging environmental stuff away from them.

She better not be a goddamn coordinator again because I'm so sick of this sexist bullshit. I mean, not that I'm actually going to watch the Pokemon anime. But what was all that talk about trying something new, hm?
This is probably me just spewing, but with that whole "Shooter" thing, maybe she'll be a gunman! *hopeful face*

This is probably me just spewing, but with that whole "Shooter" thing, maybe she'll be a gunman! *hopeful face*
That girl better be a gunman.

Edit: I agree with Involuntary Twitch. Although I did like May and Dawn,I'm sick of Coordinators. As much as I love Contests,they HAVE to stick with battles more.

I WANNA SEE SOME REAL DEATH IN A POKEMON SHOW, DAMN IT.
xD Maybe,just maybe,Team Rocket will end up dying. I mean,they're blasted off into space with such a poweful force,they should have been dead the first time that happened. I know in Anime,anything can happen,but seriously.

Based on Non-Nintendo logic, I think every character should be dead following normal circumstances by now.

Based on Non-Nintendo logic, I think every character should be dead following normal circumstances by now.
You know what? You're 100% right. Especially Ash. Lmao,he should've been dead the first time Pikachu shocked him.

Okay, so here's my question... if that girl in the picture is the new anime party chick... what's the deal with the B/W girl? Why isn't she being used?

Edit: Or the other way around? Why isn't that anime chick the girl character in the B/W games?

Okay, so here's my question... if that girl in the picture is the new anime party chick... what's the deal with the B/W girl? Why isn't she being used?

Because the B/W protagonists are older teenagers now, and they need a young, Ash-aged character for the anime because they obviously still want to aim it at younger kids.

I thought the age thing was probably the reason, but then again isn't Brock supposed to be an older teenager too?

Although I do share the empty hope that this means the B/W protags will be used in a better spin-off series. Or hell, at least something like Pokemon Chronicles. :<

That girl better be a gunman.

Edit: I agree with Involuntary Twitch. Although I did like May and Dawn,I'm sick of Coordinators. As much as I love Contests,they HAVE to stick with battles more.
First part: Unlikely. The episode "Legend of Dratini" was banned for having GUNS in it. GUNS!!

Second part: I go with this as well. I hope this new girl is a battler like Misty.

Speaking of which, I am from now on calling the boy hero of B/W "Black" and the girl hero "White" until we get some actual names.

I have no idea what you're talking about it doesn't look like Swampert to me at all. :V

I think most of these look pretty decent, the old dude looks like he'll be a badass grandpa.

uh... derp. I meant Marshtomp. I still stand by that, too.
Lanky body, perfectly round head. Wtf is the thing on the back of Mijumaruevo's head, it looks like a Marshtomp fin. Also the shells on the thighs resemble the Marshtomp leg fins. The whiskers remind me of the two prominent prickles on Swampert gills in that particular picture so maybe that's why I had that derp earlier. Marshtomp was once my favorite but I grew out of it really fast, and this thing just looks like an uglier version of it.

Last edited:
I thought the age thing was probably the reason, but then again isn't Brock supposed to be an older teenager too?

Yeah, but even when they had Brock they still had Misty/May/Dawn who was the same age as Ash, probably to give young girls a potential link to the characters too. Or something.

First part: Unlikely. The episode "Legend of Dratini" was banned for having GUNS in it. GUNS!!

Second part: I go with this as well. I hope this new girl is a battler like Misty.

Speaking of which, I am from now on calling the boy hero of B/W "Black" and the girl hero "White" until we get some actual names.

1. Lol,I know,she won't be a gunman. I was just fooling around. :3

2. Yeah. I want to see more female battlers. May and Dawn did battle,but only once and awhile. I just hope Iris isn't a wimpy battler.

That sounds good,I'd be happy if they started making the B&W Manga with those two having that name.

But the guy is white...
I hope they come up with some names soon. And maybe they'll be creative this time, too.

Am I the only one who looked upon it and thought "Will be added to future team this very instant?"

No, in fact you are not. Pretty much my B/W team thus far:
Pokabu
The pigeon
The sarcophagus
The gears
the alligator
the zebra
Sorry I'm too lazy to type the actual names...
I'm excited for these games now, officially. the Sarcophagus is one of my official favorite pokemon now, with Hypno, Ampharos, Drifblim, Crobat, Breloom, Swalot, and Politoed

I don't see whats so cool about the sarcophagus. Sure it's concept is awesome, but it's sprite is just ... blegh, especially since we don't even know whats on the front (it could very well look like a togepi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom