• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I....don't really like much of this Gen's Pokémon outside of the grass starter, gears, chinchilla, pidgeon, and electric zebra. Oh and that new horny Pokémon that looks sorta dragony.

N looks cool,but his pose made him look,atleast to me,abit flamboyant. o.O
Wareagle's epic,I'm naming him America. Now,all Pokemon needs is a Puerto-Rican Pokemon and I'll be happy
I'm lovin' this game,and it hasn't even came out yet. Man,I'm just so excited...

Why is everyone so against a Farfetch'd evolution?? It's not like every new evolution is going to be a repeat of Lickilicky...

The fluffy bat (Koromori?): is that thing above its mouth a huge eye, or a really dumb-looking nose? I really hope it's an eye... because if it's a nose, this is definitely the worst-looking of all the new Pokémon so far. Let's hope it evolves into something without buckteeth and an oversized maybe-nose.

Writing it as "o" makes it hard to tell if it should be a long o, though, and sometimes the Os are pronounced separately, so ō can be misleading.

There's no good answer.

Whoops, I completely forgot about the times when it actually is two "o" sounds instead of just one long one. Yeah, the "ō" would only be used for actual long-"o"s, not two regular "o"s. I've seen "o'o" used for those before, though; that seems like it'd work.

Writing it as "o" makes it hard to tell if it should be a long o, though, and sometimes the Os are pronounced separately, so ō can be misleading.

There's no good answer.
There's no really good choice for romanizing it if it's a Japanese word, because ō still represents it no matter whether it's written with an o and an u, or if it's two o's. Which is why they should use chōon with hiragana, because then we actually know whether it's two different syllables or just a long sound.

Cheren... is... male?

THIS IS TOO FARFETCH'D FOR WORDS.

To me he's still female until I'm absolutely sure of what hisher gender is.

Cheren... is... male?

THIS IS TOO FARFETCH'D FOR WORDS.

To me he's still female until I'm absolutely sure of what hisher gender is.

That was the funniest thing I had read all day. xD (Sorry if anything's misspelled - I'm using my DSi's internet and the "keyboard" sucks.)

George Hutcheon said:
There is a second meaning to the phrase, however. A duck bearing a green onion is a creature walking naïvely towards a nasty fate, and the idiom has come to refer to individuals who are easy to deceive. One dictionary gives the meaning 'along comes a sucker just begging to be parted from his money'. As a result, somebody who is easy to take advantage of can be referred to in Japanese as a kamo (鴨) or 'duck'.

Perhaps this, too, has relevance to Farfetch'd. Trading away a Spearow in order to get the otherwise-unobtainable Farfetch'd seems like a very good deal indeed. But Farfetch'd doesn't evolve, has quite poor stats all round and is of very limited use. Spearow, on the other hand, evolves into the far-superior Fearow, which proves to be a viable competitor throughout the game. Viewed in this context, might the duck in question be the player themselves, having traded away a potentially strong Pokémon for one that's all but useless?

Haha, N is a villain! Score 1 for Ketsu!

Also, two rivals? That didn't go so well in RSE...

EDIT: Also, the addition of Kanji is interesting. Are they going to make the games for an older audience, or is it only basic Kanji?

It'd be annoying if they gave the Kanji setting a somewhat deeper plot then removed that option in the English language version. Unfortunately I doubt there's any way they could incorporate the choice into our version besides just "DO YOU WANT A SIMPLE PLOT OR A NOT-SIMPLE ONE?"

The reason Farfetch'd shouldn't evolve, is, it's already way to awesome. Evolving makes it less awesome. fFor me, the same rule applies about Murkrow. Honchkrow was a horrible mistake. And I'm 'gonna get that Eagle, and name him Colbert.

Honchkrow is amazing and beautiful what is wrong with you

qft

Honestly, I'd like a Farfetch'd evolution so long as it's a good design, like our very own Kratos' drummer Farfetch'dolution;
rapscalion.png

BARRELFUL OF NEW INFORMATION!!!!

I think I'm the only one here that likes Musharna... it looks cute...

OK, I think Cheren really is male. Hm.
~I knew it! N really is a bad guy in disguise~

BARRELFUL OF NEW INFORMATION!!!!

I think I'm the only one here that likes Musharna... it looks cute...

OK, I think Cheren really is male. Hm.
~I knew it! N really is a bad guy in disguise~
You aren't the only one who likes Musharna. I love it,too.
He is,though he still looks like a girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom