• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this theory about the legendaries too, yeah, what with Zekrom being all big and bulky and I HAVE A JET ENGINE ON MY REAR while Reshiram is all flowy et cetera. However considering Reshiram also has an engine of sorts, it might be something like old technology vs. new or something. I'm not sure.

But not all this quite matches up... White is the one with the more nature-y feel, from the screenshots I've seen. And not just White Forest/Black City, many other locations reportedly have differeces in style, as shown by Serebii's screenshots from a source I didn't bother to find. But according to them, Zekrom is White's mascot and Reshiram is Black's. Considering Black has a much more technologically advanced feel from what I've seen ad White is much more natural, how does that work? I mean the Dragon/Electric Zekrom with a spark on his head and a jet engine on his rear doesn't quite match White's much more natural appearance, and the Dragon/Fire Reshiram that looks like somethig out of a fantasy book or fairy tale doesn't really match the ultra-modern hi-tech appearance of Black. Then again, the whole idea of the White dragon being Black's mascot and vice-versa seed kinda messed up to me from the beginning.

I am confused.

Either way, I am definately getting White. It just seems so much better to me, because I don't really like the really modern feel we've seen so far from Black and that we experienced in much of DPPt.

Either way, I am definitely getting White. It just seems so much better to me, because I don't really like the really modern feel we've seen so far from Black and that we experienced in much of DPPt.

THIS. I was hoping for a more naturey feel to the games, like Hoenn was, and Black has killed this and stomped on its corpse. Even though I LOVE Reshiram and despise Zekrom, I'm gonna have to go with the aesthetics on this one, Game Freak.

But not all this quite matches up... White is the one with the more nature-y feel, from the screenshots I've seen. And not just White Forest/Black City, many other locations reportedly have differeces in style, as shown by Serebii's screenshots from a source I didn't bother to find. But according to them, Zekrom is White's mascot and Reshiram is Black's. Considering Black has a much more technologically advanced feel from what I've seen ad White is much more natural, how does that work? I mean the Dragon/Electric Zekrom with a spark on his head and a jet engine on his rear doesn't quite match White's much more natural appearance, and the Dragon/Fire Reshiram that looks like somethig out of a fantasy book or fairy tale doesn't really match the ultra-modern hi-tech appearance of Black. Then again, the whole idea of the White dragon being Black's mascot and vice-versa seed kinda messed up to me from the beginning.

I am confused.

Either way, I am definately getting White. It just seems so much better to me, because I don't really like the really modern feel we've seen so far from Black and that we experienced in much of DPPt.

Well you see, Zekrom and Reshiram are in the version that's of the opposite color because it goes with a Ying-yang theme.

As for the unnatural one being with the natural game and vice-versa, well, I'm just going to take a guess that the villain is going to use Reshiram to decrease how much control technology has in Black and Zekrom to increase how much control it has in White. Sounds pretty farfetch'd, I know....but it's the best I can come up with.

A new theory I has.

So N wants to split the world Pokemon/People. I think that this may lead to the player somehow losing his Pokemon temporarily. He will then have to wander about, until they return to him out of their own wishes, which convinces N he is wrong. Sort of like Kingdom Hearts, actually. Hey it's a Pokemon game, you don't expect something more complex do you?

Man, Black's awesome faux-cyberpunk cities are getting no love. :(

I do want to learn more about what exactly N wants though. It seems a bit hypocritical to be a trainer yourself and to want to divide humans and Pokemon. (Part of me also hopes he's some kind of crazy-ass stepford smiler villain... because that's the one thing I can see him being from what we know about him/the way he's being portrayed in the official art. Well, maybe not specifically a crazy-ass one, but yeah.)

I think I'll actually enjoy Black being 'cyberpunk', according to Spaekle Oddberry. Then again I'm not much of a 'natural feel' kind of person.

I used to like both idea's, but DPPt were my least favorite generation and their representation of hi-tech stuff in some areas killed the idea for me.

Well yes, but I can't really see Zekrom representing nature. It's all... massive and bulky. and almost robotic-looking. Although I guess Reshiram's flowiness could represent the sleekness of modern technology... besides the fact it has hair too... Eh, I guess we'll find out in time.

Oh, and them being mascots of their opposite colour is pretty much confirmed. Boxart and such.

No, that idea makes sense; if nature is overpowered, Zekrom starts to die off (and since Resh and Zeke can't live without each other, that means they both die). The inverse occurs when technology is overpowered.

I'm definetely getting Black now. I can't live without technology, and having "cyberpunk" cities in Black is just what I needed.
On another B/W topic, if we have yin and yang, what's the third legendary going to be? A judge? A politician? A giant bipedal singing frog? I have no clue, but I personally like the last idea.
On yet another B/W topic, I think I know which region we get to from the airport: Hoenn. That will eliminate the need for a R/S/E remake and will make the remake of Yellow more exciting. That's right, a remake of Yellow. And this time, instead of the Sevii Islands, we may have the Orange Islands or even Johto. Maybe even both.
On the final another B/W topic, the plot will probably improve this generation. With the older main characters and better villain, this game is meant for the older fans, like us. GameFreak probably knows that we're sick of the same plot. We could actually get a game that isn't ruined by another Team Galactic.
That is all.

and will make the remake of Yellow more exciting. That's right, a remake of Yellow. And this time, instead of the Sevii Islands, we may have the Orange Islands or even Johto. Maybe even both.

Why are you so sure there'll be a remake of Yellow? It wouldn't make any sense, what with Red and Blue having been remade two generations ago... Also, I'm pretty sure Nintendo said once that, as an anime-only location, the Orange Islands will never feature in a game.

That is a Luvdisc evolution I bet my skirt on it.

And I like what I've seen of the other, the stone-dragon-like one.

On another B/W topic, if we have yin and yang, what's the third legendary going to be? A judge? A politician? A giant bipedal singing frog? I have no clue, but I personally like the last idea.

Something representing both yin and yang or something representing chaos would be more likely, although it's not like there has to be a third member of the group. Ho-Oh and lugia, for example.

On rock-guy: I want to know why they waited so long to reveal its name when they're swamping us with massive infodumps on everything else; the two pokémon it was introduced with, for example, had their names and info revealed much sooner, and the four in the double battle that showed up at the same time at least got names.

On fish thing: Probably luvdisc evo, though it might be sort of nice if it were a companion/counterpart of some sort (not that it looks very "counter" to luvdisc). I don't dislike the idea of cross-gen evolutions in general, but I think it'd be sort of nice if we could get a generation where absolutely nothing was related to anything else. Completely new and fresh and all that, blah blah.

In my pinion there's pretty much no way that isn't a Luvdisc evolution. Oh well. First new evolution and all that. Perhaps we won't have so many this time around.

My hopes of an infuriatingly powerful Luvdisc evo may just come true!

Now they just need to give it to a GL or E4 member or something so it can pull some annoying shit like Double Team and then sweep your whole fucking team and make you rage until your DS breaks. Just because it evolves from Luvdisc.

the name really says it all: Pidgey, Pidgeon.

1) Pidgey has a significant difference from pigeon.

2) name =/= identity, btw.

3)
bulbapedia said:
Anatomically Pidgey does not resemble pigeons as much as it does finches or sparrows.

4) Pidgey sparrow Pigeon

Oh my, a pigeon looks exactly the same!

5) read the freaking thread. there's already been about fifteen million posts on this subject.

(@all else: ...sorry about that, it's pretty obvious that that really bugs me, cause it shows that one does absolutely no research on the subect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom