• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's some new battle/early game footage up on Pokebeach.

First off, the music sounds really great, I must say. The battle themes sound a bit more battle-y. And the music just sounds very nice and pleasant and good.

Second, is that I noticed that the camera was moving a lot during the battle videos when the Pokemon were not doing anything. Does this occur naturally or are you able to manipulate the camera yourself?

Third, I have no idea why, but I am in love with the fact that during Wargle's attack where it swoops up the enemy Pokemon, you actually see it go up into the sky, and the camera moves with it. I don't know why I like this so much, but I do.

Lastly, I saw this yellow bar thing appearing over the other Pokemon every now and then. Can anyone translate as to what it says on it?

The houndour line is dark/fire, not fire/dark.

That said, though, there's no guarantee that the actual types of the pokémon are in the correct order--they could've just been listed off in whatever order the poster happened to remember. Rhydon is technically ground/rock, but I've referred to it as rock/ground every once in a while off the top of my head and in some discussions the order of the types makes little difference. A general statement of "these two types will be combined" would be one of the times order accuracy isn't necessary; after all, iirc, ever since GS the order of the types has meant absolutely nothing mechanics-wise.

And why the heck is Rhydon ground/rock, anyway? I agree, the order of the types isn't really too significant.

What's everyone's thoughts on the communication between generations four and five? Do you think they'll be compatible for trades, etc? If so, how will they go about that, the same way as the old G/S/C when trading with R/B/Y? Or are the new sprites somewhere in D/P/Pt/HG/SS and we'll be able to trade them backwards?

@Blaziking: I believe that little yellow bar tells you that its stats were raised. EX: When Meguroko defeated Tsutarja, its Attack stat was raised because of its ability.

What's everyone's thoughts on the communication between generations four and five? Do you think they'll be compatible for trades, etc? If so, how will they go about that, the same way as the old G/S/C when trading with R/B/Y? Or are the new sprites somewhere in D/P/Pt/HG/SS and we'll be able to trade them backwards?

The exact method hasn't been confirmed, but the fact that its been mentioned using a "transfer machine" probably means it is just like Pal Park.

Also, why would they have sprites of an entire new generation of Pokemon hidden away in 4th Gen games? Seems Counter-Intuitive(not to mention the fact that such sprites simply didn't exist in D/P/Pt/HG/SS).

If they were, somebody would have found them aaages ago. And why would the sprites matter for trades, anyway?

Because the sprites of the new pokemon would have to be saved somewhere in the older games for the trades to be recognized, right?

I honestly have no idea how it works, I just figured the sprites would have to have been programmed into the older games for the new pokemon to be traded over.

They'd need a lot more than just sprites. They'd need to recognize the stats, the types, the names, the movelists, the abilities, and that would have to include all new moves/abilities as well. It would be silly of them to put all of that new stuff in the older games and not do anything with it--why not just reveal it all for fourth gen and do something else with the fifth? At any rate, the fourth gen games have been hacked and ripped to hell and back, and there's no data of any sort for fifth gen stuff. As Zephyrous Castform said, we'd have known about it before DP's American release if there were.

Yeaaaah, I'm anticipating time capsule sort of thing.

People were going wtfff about Volt Tackle and Icicle Spear in RS. If there was any genV data in games already out, you would know.

So it turns out the Pokemon that they saw at the end of Phantom Ruler Z was a legendary called Bikutini, and it is 000 in the Isshu Pokedex. You'll need a Liberty Ticket which will be distributed between September to October to get it. (Pokebeach)

Well whaddayaknow, it is a legendary.

I guess it'll become 000 in the National Dex too, then. Or it will be directly after Arceus and before the starters.

Either way, I wonder what it actually is? If it's before all the others, perhaps it's meant to be a sort of origin of life or something. Which would be odd as Mew is already pretty much established as that.

Oooh. I like it a lot better in this clearer picture. Makes it look nice and Unplusleish. It's one of my favourites of the Mewish Legendaries now. I wonder what type it is? I can't really tell.

Serebii says that it might be related to "victory" as it's doing a victory sign in its picture with its fingers and has V-shaped ears and its name could be interpreted as Vikutini or Viktini. Which makes sense, but we'll see.

It being #000 is definitely weird. Hmm... I wonder what that's all about.

That could make sense, seeing as you would've just finished watching the 12th/13th/14th film (lost count, sue me) and saying "Dude, congratz! See ya next time! A winner is you!"

bikutini.jpg

richard-nixon-leaving-white-house1.jpg

Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom