• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new pictures make me dislike it even more. :(

And I doubt it's going to be #000 in the National Dex. I'm guessing it's #000 in the Isshu Dex because it is a "Phantom Pokemon" of sorts, so people probably think this one doesn't exist or something.

It's got buttwings.

It's probably number #000 because they'll pull a Platinum and add a ton of things to the Isshudex later.

<surskitty> http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/bikutini.jpg does bikutini have buttwings
<surskitty> I think it has buttwings.
<Zhorkchu> buttwings
<Midnight> the isshu region still amuses/irritates me
<Midnight> there are two random mountain ranges and barely any hint of rainshadow and btw the three mountains in the one mountain range are three different - but consistent throughout the entire mountain! - discrete colors
<Midnight> and none of the bridges look similar in architecture at alllllllll
<Eevee> so it's the USA
<Midnight> ha
<surskitty> makes sense to me!
<Midnight> the us does not have one random red spherical bridge parallel to one random plain gray bridge parallel to one random blue truss bridge and then a... does the random gray suspension bridge /loop/ at the end, wtf

Well, what with this whole Liberty ticket thing and the red, white and blue Native-American-headdressed war-eagle I wouldn't be surprised if Isshu (which has the letters U and S in it!!1 okay but seriously) is supposed to have some weird USA theme somehow.

Well, what with this whole Liberty ticket thing and the red, white and blue Native-American-headdressed war-eagle I wouldn't be surprised if Isshu (which has the letters U and S in it!!1 okay but seriously) is supposed to have some weird USA theme somehow.

Supposedly, it's based of Manhatten. Manhattan's in the USA. Kinda figures, no?

Got curious about this.

nycisshu.png

??? I can kind of see it, I guess, but in previous cases the 'shapes' of the regions have been a lot more obvious in what they were based on (even though they were rotated a bit in a few cases). Also Manhattan island does not have a bigass desert in the middle of it. :<

Edit: also pretty sure there's not a bigass mountain in Queens/Brooklyn, etc. But hey, they may have not even been going for an exact copy of what's there.

Edit2: It is interesting to note that if this is indeed based off Manhattan, that big bridge coming out of Hiun is about where the Brooklyn Bridge would be.

Last edited:
From the few screens I remember seeing yes. It is very swanky. I hope it functions somewhat like the HG/SS one, but regardless it looks good.

I love the new Pokedex. Looks great.

I'm surprised that none of you caught on to the Isshu = NYC thing yet. I figured it out when I noticed that Hiun City was a major port town with a bridge sticking out of it. When they confirmed the bird line would be a pigeon... it became sort of obvious, imo.

Kunashir isn't directly attached to Hokkaido, but Snowpoint is directly attached to the rest of Sinnoh. How much more of a stretch is it to just make something up (or, alternatively, glue part of some North American desert, probably Baja, to it)?

Wow. It's a legendary. Dang...

And No.000 in the Pokedex? I thought MissingNo. had that role...ah, whatever. It seems like It's No.000 in the Isshu Dex, and 494 in the National Pokedex.

Also, the new Pokedex reminds me of an iPod for unknown reasons besides that I think it looks like one.

And like Alraunne said, I'm lovin' the Michael Jackson Black or White music in the backround. <3 Aaow~! *points to username*

Ehh... I seriously doubt Isshu is supposed to be some part of the United States.

First of all, all the other regions were very obviously the same shape as the part of Japan they were based on. There's no reason to assume that the same wouldn't apply to other countries, especially since we know from Lt. Surge that the United States exists (and is referred to as "America") in the Pokémon world. Also... if it's part of the USA, why the Japanese-ish name? Pretty much every "foreign" character in the games so far (in the Japanese version anyway; the English versions usually change it to French or something) has spoken English, so things wouldn't quite match up if they finally show one of the countries where all these English-speaking people are coming from... and they randomly name everything in Japanese.

Plus, it'd just be really strange if they randomly jumped all the way across the world. "Far away from Sinnoh" doesn't necessarily mean that far away... if I remember right, Hoenn was described as being "far away" when it was being introduced, and it's probably not really all that far from the western edge of Johto, based on where the parts of Japan they're based on are.

And having the same "National Pokédex" unlockable after the regional one in every region only makes sense if all the regions we see are part of the same country. Outside of retconning the Pokémon world into some bizarre shark-jumpy "Japan conquered the entire world in the past" alternate universe, I don't see how Isshu being part of another country, especially not one so far away as the USA, could work.

EDIT: Also, the pigeons being the regional bird doesn't really mean much. There've been all sorts of Pokémon in the definitely-based-on-Japan regions that were based on creatures that don't live anywhere near Japan. I don't think there's any part of Japan that's known for its large populations of vampire bats in every cave, for example.

Luvdisc evo for B&W!

We finally have an evo for the worst pokemon ever. With our luck though, they'll make it WORSE then the original!

I'd love to see how GameFreak screws this one up. lol

jk, I wanna see this thing succeed. Now maybe Luvdisc will be used more then just for Heart Scales.

Now if you will excuse me, I've gotta catch a swarm of Luvdisc in HeartGold for some Heart Scales...

Nooo!!! Victini doesn't look like a legendary at all. It's cute but not legendary-like. Even for the cute legendaries. I approve of the pokedex though.

Awwwwww! Victini is adorable. And I just realized it's Pokedex number is #000 thanks to you guys....

Time to think up some theories that Victini is Missingno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom