• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that about confirms the other designs as fake then, eh?

Samurai otter sounds fucking sweet. Can't wait to see the real ones!

EDIT: Also if what Serebii's reported is right we're looking at another legendary-filled gen. I personally don't mind as long as they're cool-looking; Gen 4 actually had the coolest legendaries.

Guys I dunno if you noticed but I saw this particular part in a recent update on Serebii

Serebii said:
* #633 through #635 are a Dark/Dragon-type evolution chain
* #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary
* #639 is a Rock/Fighting-type Legendary
* #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary
* #641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary
* #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary
* Reshiram is to be #643
* Zekrom is to be #644
* #645 is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary
* #646 is a Dragon/Ice-type Legendary
* #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary
* #648 is a Normal/Psychic-type Event Legendary
* #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary

Sugimori: We were developing it at the same time as Pocket Monsters Platinum and Pocket Monsters Heart Gold and Soul Silver. In this game, since old Pokemon do not appear, and a new world is the stage, we needed to create an ecosystem purely for the newly-designed Pokemon. Up until now, we designed with the philosophy that, “a mouse-like Pokemon already exists, so let’s make other Pokemon”—but this time they were all new. So, once again we designed a mouse-like Pokemon, a dog-like Pokemon, etc. from scratch.

bitch bitch bitch god we already HAVE a dog Pokemon bitch bitch bitch it probably looks like a digimon too

I actually think this is a really cool thing, and I like how they've taken the entire ecosystem into consideration!

Sugimori: Next we needed to give it a personality. It will be boring if all 3 Starters have the same personality, so we pick a direction for the personality, such as Naughty or Gentle. This time, the pig Pokemon was Naughty, and it had a reckless feel. Tsutaaja was aristocratic….for example like “The Rose of Versailles”. (laughs)

EXCALIBURRRRRRRRRRRR

Hope this means it still has a chance it to turning into an awesome fancy snake that knows it's the shit.

Re: legendaries, thoughts I posted on another forum in response to someone's comment about victini + general impressions; figured I'd post them here, too.

Victini is only confirmed #000 in the Isshu Dex, though, which will be ~150 pokémon--these look like National Dex numbers since they're almost touching 650. Which is interesting--he mentioned reshiram and zekrom, two other legends we already know about, but then where is victini? Why not mention its position, too? Furthermore, since none of the events mentioned are victini (unless the normal/psychic is a typo, which is possible), shouldn't there be four event legendaries--we already know about the Liberty Ticket event--and not three? It could just be that the source wasn't sure, or that it's in a different place and they only felt like covering 638-649 (why then the gap between the presumed pseudolegends, 633-634-635, and the first legend, though?), or maybe bothering to include Reshy and Zekky/the other three event legends but not victini was an oversight (perhaps they thought that knowing it was #000 in-region was good enough)... there are enough reasons that make the exclusion of one already-known pokémon excusable, so I'm not going to call bullshit now, but it does make me wonder.

Assuming these are real, though, they're shaping up to be... interesting, to say the least. Let's take a look:

* #633 through #635 are a Dark/Dragon-type evolution chain - New type combo, sounds badass, moving on.
* #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary - Legendary lucario? :p
* #639 is a Rock/Fighting-type Legendary - 'nother new combo. Guess we're looking at a fighting-type trio, which is a nice break from the pixies and the general WHOAMFG PSYKICK deal of previous gens.
* #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary - Trio finishes up with legendary breloom. Overall verdict: cool.
* #641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary - !
* #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary - I wonder what they're going to do to differentiate this from zapdos? I can't think of anything, but it could be cool....
* Reshiram is to be #643
* Zekrom is to be #644
* #645 is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary - Another intriguing idea... gut says this guy won't be a bird, though.
* #646 is a Dragon/Ice-type Legendary - AKA "Other Dragon-Types' Worst Nightmare". Moar dragons that die to fighting are nice for balance, though.
* #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary - Poliwrathgod?
* #648 is a Normal/Psychic-type Event Legendary - Legendary girafarig? :p Actually, given the whole victini omission thing I mentioned, I want to say this might be a mistake and victini is supposed to go here. Notable because it's the only psychic-type on the list--if this is distinct from victini, there are only two psychic legends, and if it's a typo, there's only one. Rejoice!
* #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary - You thought forretress was annoying. You thought scizor was scary. This... this is SRS BZNS.
Thoughts in italibold.

Also a general "yay, lots of legendaries". Yes, I *am* one of those crazy people who doesn't think that Gens III and IV went overboard (note: counting victini as not-typo-normalmon and assuming the list is real, that's 13 + 1 = 14 legendaries, which is the same number as Sinnoh). I enjoy worldbuilding that involves large polytheistic pantheons, so sue me.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, SEE YA

I've just stopped listening to Serebii. 8| I'm just going to wait for the games to actually be released.

Re: legendaries, thoughts I posted on another forum in response to someone's comment about victini + general impressions; figured I'd post them here, too.

Victini is only confirmed #000 in the Isshu Dex, though, which will be ~150 pokémon--these look like National Dex numbers since they're almost touching 650. Which is interesting--he mentioned reshiram and zekrom, two other legends we already know about, but then where is victini? Why not mention its position, too? Furthermore, since none of the events mentioned are victini (unless the normal/psychic is a typo, which is possible), shouldn't there be four event legendaries--we already know about the Liberty Ticket event--and not three? It could just be that the source wasn't sure, or that it's in a different place and they only felt like covering 638-649 (why then the gap between the presumed pseudolegends, 633-634-635, and the first legend, though?), or maybe bothering to include Reshy and Zekky/the other three event legends but not victini was an oversight (perhaps they thought that knowing it was #000 in-region was good enough)... there are enough reasons that make the exclusion of one already-known pokémon excusable, so I'm not going to call bullshit now, but it does make me wonder.

Assuming these are real, though, they're shaping up to be... interesting, to say the least. Let's take a look:

Thoughts in italibold.

Also a general "yay, lots of legendaries". Yes, I *am* one of those crazy people who doesn't think that Gens III and IV went overboard (note: counting victini as not-typo-normalmon and assuming the list is real, that's 13 + 1 = 14 legendaries, which is the same number as Sinnoh). I enjoy worldbuilding that involves large polytheistic pantheons, so sue me.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Even to the whole pantheon bits. Which makes sense, seeing as this is a completely new region that's farther then the rest, it should have it's own set of legendaries.

I bet that the Dark/Dragon family will be the next Garchomp.

Also, the translated PP info on Pokebeach is really interesting. I would have liked if there was more, but the translater was tired so yeah, just a week's worth more of patience. And unlike WPM, it seems to me that the interviews established previously prove that the starter evolutions were fake, Narwotter in particular.

Last edited:
First ever fighting and bug type legendaries? Aristocratic Smugleaf? YES PLEASE.

Plus the Pokebeach interview is pretty neat not just for Black and White stuff, but to see what they put into making the designs of the Pokemon.

Also...
ONLY 8 MORE DAYS HELL YES.

EDIT: So in Pokepia, or whatever its called, apparently someone translated that there will be no evolutions of past Pokemon in the fifth generation. So it looks like Luvdisc Evo is neither Luvdisc nor Evo related. I had begun to suspect as much.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about Luvdisc. Maybe they're trying to fool us.
I mean, look at them. They're heart-shaped for crying out loud. They're sideways. They're water-types.

How can Mamanbo not be a Luvdisc evolution?

Really kind of iffy on this Pokexperto thing now.

In the event that they are real though, yay another frog Pokemon! If the final form keeps the headphone-looking things I am so having one named Kururu on my team.

649/155 - ????? - Basic - Event Legendary - Bug/Steel. Strong, looks like it came from space. It’s a robot with a big laser cannon on top of its head. His body resembles a bug species. [WPM Note: The Borg!!]

OH MY FUCKING GOD I WANT THIS this needs to happen do not disappoint me Game Freak

648/154 - ????? - Basic - Event Legendary - Normal/Psychic - Has a feminine shape with a mane. It has an alternate form that also resembles a “girl” but the hat hides the mane and because of that “she” looks like a male. The forme is Normal/Fighting.

For some reason this reminds me of that one stupid rumor (that I think was confirmed fake?) that N's a half-angel thing from another dimension.

So that about confirms the other designs as fake then, eh?

Samurai otter sounds fucking sweet. Can't wait to see the real ones!

EDIT: Also if what Serebii's reported is right we're looking at another legendary-filled gen. I personally don't mind as long as they're cool-looking; Gen 4 actually had the coolest legendaries.

A poll of PurpleKecleon's I got in my dA inbox today was like "what should I draw?" one of the options was "B/W starter evos (they are real by the way)". Is she just behind or was there a debunk of the debunk that I missed? Pokebeach is still purporting the things as real too.

I seriously hope those things are not real, still. Narwotter is hardly samurai looking and I dunno if the horn is supposed to be a sword or what. Smugleaf's final evo hardly looks like a western dragon, either.

Seriously, wtf

edit: DAMMIT

Last edited:
Goddamn, if these guys aren't real this is one elaborate hoax.

Anyway the Sugimori art for these guys seems to have changed! I'm liking them all better now actually. Plus this means I get awesomesnake after all <3!

EDIT: So in Pokepia, or whatever its called, apparently someone translated that there will be no evolutions of past Pokemon in the fifth generation. So it looks like Luvdisc Evo is neither Luvdisc nor Evo related. I had begun to suspect as much.

I wish our sources would quit waffling on this. Now there's a new thingy that looks like a Tauros (remember the Tauros evo scandal a while back?) so it's like... uh, yeah. I dunno. Silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom