• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Um. Looks like that Pokexperto stuff is all correct considering half of the Pokemon revealed in CoroCoro match descriptions/art of Pokexperto Pokemon.

ANYWAYS MY OPINIONS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT ON NEW POKEMON:
-The bull Pokemon does look freakishly close to Tauros in resemblence so. um. I guess we won't know till the games are released.
-Gigiasu pre-evo is making my mind scream "GEODUDE OF THE NEW MILLENIUM" so yay?
-Bambimon's evo looks really quite badass in one form I must say. But the others make it look kind of retarded :/
-Pink thingy looks very meh and it'll probably be crappy and I'll never pay attention to it.
-The two grass types look a little blah.
-Pokeball mushroom Pokemon? Yes please.
-Basauro...will probably be cooler once I find out more about the forms.
-The puppy looks adorable and I want it and will use it no matter how useless it is. Also, the cat and the puppy just scream version exclusives to me, for some reason.
-Electric Spider? Do want.

and...

SARCOPHAGUS POKEMON = LOVE IT IS MY NEW FAVORITE POKEMON UNTIL I SEE THAT AWESOME BUG/STEEL LEGENDARY.

EDIT: POKABU WHY MUST YOUR EVOS BE YET ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER WHYYYY?

Hmm!

That's pretty close to confirmation, isn't it? If pig2 is real now, the others all might as well be. It would be a little silly for someone with enough information to get the pig2 design to use it to make up entirely new evolutions for Smugleaf and the otter. All of these next stages look a lot better with the actual shaded art; Smugleaf's evolution just got a lot less boring. Otter2 looks amazing. How will anyone choose?! Well, okay, Pokabu's middle stage is a weak point, but his final form has its charms.

I'm all for a triple-type triple-battle sponsor team, but I'm just not that into monkeys. They're okay, you know, for monkey Pokemon. Fish1 is kind of weird, but I could be interested in Fish2. It's interestingly robotic and edgy and mysterious. Furface is... interesting. Afrobull and Rockirby are fine, and I'm sure others will like them. I might after I get used to a bull with an afro. The tiny Leafcloud thing is just kind of silly. I think he's likeable.

Axemole and... Pokeballpig I'm a little iffy on. The concept art for the former is fairly cool, and the latter has a Pokeball! on its head even though it has a weird face, but they could go either way. I'll think about it when I can see the rest of them, and the sprites. Tombstoneguy is cool but kind of scary.

Sharptailcat, Spiderfriend, Scorpy, Leafy, Seasondeer2, and Squiggly (this is clearly the only name for the pink thing) are amazing and I have nothing bad to say about them. I could make my team out of them. Well... the deer's seasonforms in the corner are a little silly, but I can only see the tiny pictures. And he's still cool.

...Okay I'm happy now that I gave most of them dumb names.

Oh, and the gym leaders are super cool and I'm excited to go meet them.

Black and White when are you coming out already, come on!

go away for half a day and the internet explodes with shady/confirmed new stuff. slow the hell down, internet! >|

guys that is not a bull it's a buffalo. The name is even "buffalon". lern2animal plz

afrobison is cool, though!

ears are ringing and brain is not functioning and body is generally feeling a dull roar of pain; will attempt to be more coherent tomorrow morning or Sunday

guys that is not a bull it's a buffalo. The name is even "buffalon". lern2animal plz

Whoops! I... should probably know that.

That's kind of harder to combine with "afro", though. Buffalafrolo? Is that even legible? Can everyone still call it Afrobull if they keep a buffalo disclaimer around?

Oh God Desuukan is just as amazing as I had hoped for and the new cat is incredibly beautiful

Guys this is officially the best generation ever <3

Apparently Serebii removed the starter page off their site for "not matching up", and having them listed under "possible fakes" ... hmmm

Regardless, awesome Pokemon. Bambimofo is really awesome, as is Afrobull and Puppimon. Actually, no. Everything on the page from Basurao to Denchura is amazing. I don't mind the others so much (Pokeball mushroom, lulz), but I do find the whole new gym leader set up very interesting. I think everyone is definitely in love with Desukaan, now xD

@MaleGardevoir It's official.

^ Could that mean we are getting a Water/Fire type with Boiling Water as a signature move? Or maybe it's just a random new move.

EDIT: Nevermind, re-read Pokebeach, lol. Also, this leaked info with fanart by Pokexperto's friends seem really interesting in general.

Also, it appears we have a Cactuar "dancing cactus" pokemon. xD And apparently the dark/dragon's final evo has three heads. Can't wait a week :'(

EDIT 2:
There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.

Last edited:
Ugh, I wish they'd translate the buffalo's name better. It's not Buffalon, it's Baffron! Or, if you want to, Buffron(in English they'd be pronounced the same anyways). Which really, combines the Buf from buffalo and the fro from afro, so...Buffron!

It's kinda sad when I can translate a Pokemon's name just fine but I struggle with anything else in Japanese....

That's kind of harder to combine with "afro", though. Buffalafrolo? Is that even legible? Can everyone still call it Afrobull if they keep a buffalo disclaimer around?

go, Buffafro, I choose you!

I want one. :3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Pokabu's evo is Fire/Fighting! Now I can never use it! What makes it even worse is that I predicted it the first time I saw Pokabu. Stupid pattern, making it look like Pokabu is wearing tights...
Besides me sobbing like hell trying to get over Pokabu, I LOVE everything else. Except for the cloud and the bulb thing, which is just okay.

Buffron: Oh yeah! A Pokemon with an afro!
Kittimon: I like all cat Pokemon (being a cat person), but this is the best by far.
Ononokusu: With it's typing and a better picture of it, it's screaming Kibago evo. Therefore, Ononokusu is awesome.
Desukan: Yes! That's exactly how I pictured his face! I'm getting one, oh yeah!
Denchura: Not exactly how I pictured it's face (it's head looks too much like Paras), but it still looks good. And it's Bug/Electric! Oh yeah!
Doryuuza: Ahhh! It's great, but it's Ground/Steel! I predicted that! I have a feeling that GameFreak hides cameras in my house. *looks at toaster* Hey, GameFreak! Do you think you could make an Electric/Ground meerkat Pokemon, for me!
Seasondeermon: I LOVE the Spring forme, but the others look stupid. I'll just release it when it's not springtime and catch another in the spring. Or I'll just leave it to rot in my box. Either one works.
Fishimon: It's fantastic! Especially the red one with more spiky fins. That one looks like it has a higher Attack stat, while the blue one looks like it's Speed stat is pretty good. If the red one is in White, I'm officially getting White. At the moment, though, I'm still getting Black.
Cloudmon and Bulbmon: I think these guys are okay, but I personally like Bulbmon a little more. Another reason to get White...
Starter evos: Tsutaaja and Mijumaru's evos are great with the right shading. I'm now officially getting Mijumaru. It looks better and it's pure Water, which is always good. And then there's Pokabu...*starts sobbing uncontrollably*
Mushmon: It has a Pokeball head! Oh yeah, I can catch other Pokemon in it! Maybe I can get an infinite chain of Mushmons. Hmm...
Tabunne: Looked weird at first, but now I like it. And it looks sorta like Nurse Joy. Seriously, take a look at Tabunne, and then Nurse Joy, then Tabunne again, and then Nurse Joy again. Tell me you don't see a resemblance.
Monkey trio: I love them. Monkeys are awesome! Maybe in Gen. 6, they could have a Normal-type pre-evo and it can be the new Eevee, since they'll be no Eevee this generation.
Rockmon: A rock with two feet, a little thing sticking out of its head, and a hole in its face. Perfect!
Puppimon: I love GameFreak now. And I love this little guy more than all the others! I'm going to level him up to Level 100 and keep him in my box so he can't get hurt. Ever.

I could form a whole team with the Pokemon revealed today. I love them all. Well most of them. This is shaping up to be the best generation ever, and we haven't even seen half the Pokemon. Maybe not even a third. Now if you excuse me, I need to mourn over the loss of Pokabu. Why did they do this to you?

Whoops! I... should probably know that.

I would suggest something along the lines of buffalafro.

I do want the new dragon type pokemon. And I thank gamefreak for FINALLY coming up with this attack:

Poison Tail
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail
(see anything missing?)

Dragon Tail

THANK YOU, NINTENDO.

What the hell, another fire/fighting? Fire/dark would have been so much cooler. :\

Desukan and Denchura are looking great! As is that Giratinaraptor thing and the mole.

well, it's functionally equivalent to iron tail. and what sort of thing makes that kind of animation?

not many things. However, Dragon Tail is considerably different, as it (potentially, I don't know if this has been confirmed) damages you opponent AND forces them to switch out. If this were counted as a tail attack, It would continue the line, as none of the have the same effect. (a.k.a: Dragon Rush is a dragon-type iron tail wannabe.)

(don't take this personally, I just REALLY like dragons. and gallade. one of my wishes would be for an event gallade to learn Spacial Rend.)

Poison Tail
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail
(see anything missing?)

Dragon Tail
In that case we're also missing Fire Tail, Ice Tail, Electric Tail, Grass Tail, Normal Tail, Dark Tail, Psychic Tail, Rock Tail, Ground Tail, Bug Tail, Flying Tail, Fighting Tail, and Ghost Tail. :/

So, with CoroCoro having been released, it looks like we now know 54 of the 5th generation Pokemon. If you include Pokexperto's now confirmed leaks, then we have...well a shit ton more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom