• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
isshu-pokemon-73.jpg

That is all.

isshu-pokemon-73.jpg

That is all.

Yes yes yes. <3

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Kuitaran (anteater) and Aianto (ant) will end up having a rivalry like Zangoose and Seviper? I mean, anteaters eat ant (O RLY. I DIDN'T KNOW.) and...ants are eaten (you learn something new everyday).

I love GameFreak like crazy now. Shinpora is incredible (I actually designed a Pokemon that looked similar to it, so I'm really happy it's real now), no weakness lamprey (woo hoo!), and an ice cream Pokemon! And we got our first pure Dragon final stage Pokemon! And there are only six HMs this time around. And they're my favorite HMs, except for Cut, which is better than Defog.

And Dive is freaking back!!!! Oh yeah!!!!

There are only a few bad Pokemon. I'm talking to you, Hiyakki! You ruined Hiyappu for me! Oh well, I'll get it anyways to fill up my Dex. And with Dive back (oh yeah!!!!), it adds further evidence that we can get to Hoenn in these games! If Hoenn is accessable in B/W, I'm going to teach myself Japanese so I can buy the Japanese version.

And we got a Borg Pokemon!!!! Oh yeah!!!! Star Trek is invading the Pokemon universe!!!!

Genosekto (with 'geno' in its name, like 'genetic') looks like it could be Deoxys2. Which is great. I love Deoxys! Maybe it has different formes, and we could finally go to space in these games through some sort of event to catch it! And if the last Pokemon in the National Dex is very important (Arceus created the universe as we know it), I wonder what significance a Borg Pokemon has in the Pokemon world. Maybe it's from the future and is an influence on technology for our time. Speculation is always fun!
Thank you, GameFreak, for a generation where people didn't cry in hatred! I love Gen. 5! And before I go dream about what else could go right in B/W, it's time for my first ingame team!

Narwhotter-Pure awesomeness!
Shinpora-Looks really awesome and has an Unown eye at the top. Could it be the king of the Unown?
Shibirudon-No weaknesses! Awesome!
Urugamosu-I've been begging for a Bug/Fire type for years! I don't care if it doesn't look as good as some of the others; I'm getting it!
Mebukijika-New type combinations are the best! And I need cover for the times when Narwhotter faints. (I'm already coming up with small plans! I normally don't do this for games even when they're already out!)
Shanderaa-It's a chandelier! Of course I'm getting it!

Once again, I love GameFreak, I love B/W, I love you all, and

I LOVE FREAKING DIVE!!!! BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY!!!!

And with Dive back (oh yeah!!!!), it adds further evidence that we can get to Hoenn in these games! If Hoenn is accessable in B/W, I'm going to teach myself Japanese so I can buy the Japanese version.

Uh... or evidence that there are areas of deep water in the sea/ocean/lakes? o.O What, are you thinking that you'll be able to dive underwater and follow some secret passage through the sea to Hoenn? Why on earth would you come to that conclusion, especially given how far away Isshu is supposed to be? At that point it'd just be faster to hitch a ride on a boat/submarine, which a) doesn't require dive and b) could just as easily, at least in theory, take you anywhere else.

Genosekto (with 'geno' in its name, like 'genetic') looks like it could be Deoxys2. Which is great. I love Deoxys! Maybe it has different formes, and we could finally go to space in these games through some sort of event to catch it! And if the last Pokemon in the National Dex is very important (Arceus created the universe as we know it), I wonder what significance a Borg Pokemon has in the Pokemon world. Maybe it's from the future and is an influence on technology for our time. Speculation is always fun!

That's actually kind of interesting, though given the laser cannon on its back I was kind of assuming the "geno" came from "genocide", as in "destroy all humans, resistance is futile".

That's actually kind of interesting, though given the laser cannon on its back I was kind of assuming the "geno" came from "genocide", as in "destroy all humans, resistance is futile".

This is what I was thinking (and hoping for. Can't wait for movie 398473987328 featuring Genosect. You know it's happening). Though I think it may actually be pronounced in the Japanese way (with a hard G)?

Whatever, I'm still saying "Jenosect".

How big is Genosect, anyway? I'm imagining this huge mofo rampaging through New York decimating buildings like the BAMF Genosect is.

Uh... or evidence that there are areas of deep water in the sea/ocean/lakes? o.O What, are you thinking that you'll be able to dive underwater and follow some secret passage through the sea to Hoenn? Why on earth would you come to that conclusion, especially given how far away Isshu is supposed to be? At that point it'd just be faster to hitch a ride on a boat/submarine, which a) doesn't require dive and b) could just as easily, at least in theory, take you anywhere else.
I think the idea is that the nonpresence of a Dive HM would be evidence against Hoenn, since getting to parts of Hoenn at least originally required Dive and would require some substantial changes to accommodate a setting without Dive. And according to Bayes' Theorem, the fact Dive is an HM is therefore evidence for Hoenn, if rather weak evidence.

I never said you'd Dive your way there (but that would be pretty cool, to have to go underwater to reach an entirely new world (well, an old one, but new in B/W, as we haven't been there before)). It's just that Hoenn is the only region that ever used Dive for the purposes they use it for in Isshu. With all the things in B/W such as an airport, a seaport, several Hoenn Pokemon that seem partially related to Isshu Pokemon (most specifically Mamanboo), the need for a Hoenn remake as the batteries will die soon, a new Deoxys, and now Dive is back, it just seems like something will take us to Hoenn in these games. Plus by putting Hoenn in B/W instead of making a remake, GameFreak saves us money, yet can sell more copies of the game for slightly more money to increase profit by 233%. We all win!
And I didn't notice the genocide thing in Deoxys2's name. That's pretty interesting. It could still be from the future, but it's here to harm us, not to help us or look for his stupid friend that for some reason is a green blob. (Yes, Deoxys, I mocked your movie.)
And now for another pointless fact: the name Deoxys comes from deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA for the people who aren't nerds like me.

I think the idea is that the nonpresence of a Dive HM would be evidence against Hoenn, since getting to parts of Hoenn at least originally required Dive and would require some substantial changes to accommodate a setting without Dive. And according to Bayes' Theorem, the fact Dive is an HM is therefore evidence for Hoenn, if rather weak evidence.

Eh. I guess, but this early into the generation that's so weak that I don't see the sense in speculating about it at this point. I mean, they've changed HMs mid-generation before (no dive in FRLG, defog->whirlpool in HGSS), so it's not like it would need to be one here to have anything to do with Hoenn. At this point I don't think it's a sufficient indicator of much of anything other than wanting to bring a mechanic back.

I can't be the only one who thinks the chandelier looks like Drifblim.
I do like the certain tributes to city themes, i.e. the Dark/Dragon, the Dark cat, and the monkey evos to name a few. (Sorry, I'm not interested enough in pokemon to use Japanese names)
And what is with so many normal pokemon having nearly 150 base stats in a category?
I don't really play the pokemon games--at most, I keep up with the generations and competitive shifts.
Overall, I...don't really know how I feel. The designs seem mildly interesting, and I feel that the "unattractive" ones will be justified by anime/art/seeing the sprites first hand. These are good designs, and I feel that complainers are being extremely and unnecessarily critical about art of a fictional creature in a game designated for children.

I'm bored so I feel like commenting on some of my favorites that I see of the new Pokemon, and ones that stand out.

-I like the stat distributions of each of the starters. Smugsnake's evo especially. It focuses on defenses and speed, which is pretty cool. I think I'll be starting with Wotter though.

-It's kind of neat how all of the monkeys have equal base stats. I thought the idea of three counterpart monkeys was stupid at first, but now I think that they might have pulled it off pretty well.

-Kind of surprised that Musharna is...decent. Nice HP and Special attack, and the defenses aren't too shabby either.

-Koromori, Gigiasu, Dokkura, and Jellyghost all seem to be replacements for...well I think its obvious. :/

-Don't know why, but I like the two bug counterparts for the games.

-Dancing cactus Pokemon is mine. I will capture it and name it Cactuar because I'm nerdy like that. And I think it looks cool.

-SHINPORA LOOKS SO WEIRD AND STRANGE. I LOVE IT.

-Ice cream Pokemon are probably in the top five of Pokemon introduced. Just because they're ice cream. And Pokemon.

-I'm pleasantly surprised that Emonga is useable. I was expecting it to be really crappy like Pachirisu, but it has halfway decent stats.

-Mamanbou has the 5th highest HP of all Pokemon. I wasn't expecting that.

-REALLY REALLY LOVE Gear and its evos. I don't know why, but I like how each evolution just adds something. There aren't any changes or removals of the design, just additions, which I think is pretty cool.

-The two robot lines look like version exclusives for some reason, and I like them both. We don't have too many cool-looking robots in Pokemon games.

-Pleasantly surprised that Wargle is pretty decent. I was expecting it to be the last evolution of a Starly/Spearow/Hoothoot sort of thing, but it actually is pretty decent.

-Anteater + Ant Pokemon. I do like this.

-I once made a Firebug fakemon with the exact same Sp. Atk base stat as the Firebug this generation. Anyways, I'm getting Firebug just because I love the typing.

-ROBOT INSECT IS MY HERO.

So anyways really quick my five favorite Pokemon this generation at the moment:
1-Ice cream line :D
2-Firebug line
3-Chandelier
4-Desukan
5-Cactus Pokemon

I'm absolutely torn between staring at these Pokemon forever and closing the window and waiting for the games to come. D: I'm interested in playing a game and being surprised by the Pokemon like they intended, but they're all so cool.

Pretty much all of these Pokemon are awesome. The ones I am not immediately fond of, I am going to stare at until I find something likable about them. 8[

This finally made my friend admit she's excited for the games.

I will buy a copy if I possibly (probably) can when they come out, but they come in Spring! Black and White are too awesome to wait for that long.

Hello, ROMs, everyone is waiting for you!

Did anyone else notice how many red, white, and blue Pokemon there are? That's awesome.

Can someone explain to me why so many people are wishing for the ability to visit all the other regions? Honestly, I never even got to Kanto back in Crystal. Wouldn't having all the regions make the game way too long, and wouldn't it really stretch out the levels of the bosses? I don't think Hoenn remakes are that important either. They're still playable, and you can send your R/S/E Pokemon all the way forward...

Blaziking said:
Pleasantly surprised that Wargle is pretty decent. I was expecting it to be the last evolution of a Starly/Spearow/Hoothoot sort of thing, but it actually is pretty decent.

Staraptor is BL, man, don't lump it in with competitive toilet paper like noctowl :/

Lotsa pretty good new Normal/Flyings. Pretty sure Staraptor is still enjoying his spot as #1 on the physical side, though.

If encourage is like what people vaguely hope it would be, then Wargle would most likely replace Staraptor.
I'm not really liking the vulture (stat-wise), even though the stats are made as a counterpart to Wargle. However, it is an interesting twist on the standard flying/normal.

After reading over some information, I noticed that we might get 100 new TMs (Acrobat is a TM in the 70's).

Personally, when I see the last pokemon in the dex, I think of some sort of nerdy gaming promotion. Eh. Sort of reminds me of Cannon Soldier in yugioh more than XYZ Dragon Cannon.

And by the way... the amount of hairdos incorporated into designs this gen is...interesting, to say the least.

Last edited:
Good evening, inhabitants of TCoD. I haven't been on for, what, a day maybe?

*takes sip of tea while looking at previous posts in the thread*

*spits out tea*

OMG. I leave for one day, ONE DAY, and they release a whole new gen. Wow.

first, some things to say:

Ultimagrassnake is back! I'm definetly picking tsustaja.
The mushroom-pokeball thing looks...eh.. interesting, to say the least.
The music this gen is going to be AWESOME! I'm a person who loves the in-game music and animations, and this video of the 1st gym battle confirms that this is going to be a good gen.
All the various ghosts look good, but my favorite would be the chandeleir-ghost thing.

#624 & 625- Yay new blade pokemon!
also, new fighting-type pokemon who uses a wooden plank looks cool.

that's all my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom