• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has no one gotten a ROM yet? It can't be more than a few days until we do, right?

As for me, I'm not going to look at any of the new sprites just yet. Don't want to ruin the surprise!

No one's sharing yet, no. I have to wonder what the quality of the ROMs will be, though, considering how long it took to be able to play decent DP ROMs (though I guess that one was because the emulators themselves were still fairly shaky) and that big derp with the HGSS ROMs. (Wasn't there a problem getting Platinum ROMs to work, too?) I don't really mess around with emulators too often, so I wouldn't know, but have they advanced far enough to play complex games like this without too many hiccups?

I love most of the Pokémon revealed - I'm purty sure this is going to be my second favourite gen after 4 Pokémon-wise. :D

I came. That is all. Kungmew/Kojondo is probably one of my favourite new ones.

While I do think some of the designs are rather weird or lanky, the only real problem I have with this gen is the lack of Fire types, compared to all the Bug/Grass/Steel types, but I'll get used to it.

Gonna be harder to choose this generation :o Definitely my favourite now Pokemon wise.

I LOVE GENERATION 5.

The Pokemon are so cartoon-like. I love cartoons. These Pokemon are AWESOME.

I am torn between Tsutaja and Mijimaru... oh god what should I pick?!

Before the whole dex leaked, I was dead-set in thinking these pokemon looked like crapholes. It appears they ONLY leaked the bad ones! NOW I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE ENGLISH VERSION WHAAAAAAAA!!

Maybe spoiler, but these are quite interesting:

Chobomaki is a Bug-type snail with an iron helmet for a shell. Shubarugo is a Bug/Steel knight with an updated version of the same helmet. However, Chobomaki does not evolve into Shubarugo. Kaburuchi, a shady-looking beetle does, while Chobomaki evolves into Agirudaa, an angry-looking snail-ninja. This is initially confusing: why doesn't Chobomaki turn into the guy wearing his helmet? The answer is in the evolution method. To evolve Chobomaki or Kaburuchi, you need to trade one for the other. The implication is that, as the two are being traded, Kaburuchi steals Chobomaki's helmet and becomes Shubarugo. No wonder Agirudaa looks so ticked off. That was his favorite helmet!

Also, apparently Hydramon awesomesauce dark/dragon's evolution evolves at level 64, Koromori evolves in Summer, etc. and Bel as the champion has me lolling. I just love how different this gen is.

Maybe spoiler, but these are quite interesting:

Also, apparently Hydramon awesomesauce dark/dragon's evolution evolves at level 64, Koromori evolves in Summer, etc. and Bel as the champion has me lolling. I just love how different this gen is.
She's only the champion the first time.

She's only the champion the first time.

Regardless, the fact that she actually manages to be champion amused me, epecially when you're lead to believe Cheren would be more likely. I wonder who the replacement is though; one of the seven sage guys? He seems to be a bug type user mainly though, which is interesting.

Regardless, the fact that she actually manages to be champion amused me, epecially when you're lead to believe Cheren would be more likely. I wonder who the replacement is though; one of the seven sage guys? He seems to be a bug type user mainly though, which is interesting.
I wtf'd more at Lady Caitlin being one of the Elite Four.

I wtf'd more at Lady Caitlin being one of the Elite Four.

That was quite a surprise to me too, but not as much as Bel for some reason. Maybe Caitlin worked at the Battle Fronteir to watch people and learn their strategies, while not battling herself to not reveal she was an Elite Four member? Or maybe she just took a level in badass.

So the ROM's leaked but there's some kind of anti-piracy thing on it that makes Pokemon not gain any experience. So in order to have a chance at playing the game you'd have to keep catching higher-level Pokemon and ditching old ones.

Plus the file is like 60 MB and I'm kind of afraid to go for that using the college's internet connection. Fuck it. :(

Not on topic, but I want to discuss Dream World abilities.

Those that piqued my interest most (just by looking at the ability, not movesets, or NU potential) are (Spoiler; using Nat dex numbers, because I don't know how to use black spoiler bars): 186, 38, 257, 609, and 576. I think 348 and 470 have potential with 186 and 38. Argh, I sound like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom