• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the ROM's leaked but there's some kind of anti-piracy thing on it that makes Pokemon not gain any experience. So in order to have a chance at playing the game you'd have to keep catching higher-level Pokemon and ditching old ones.

Plus the file is like 60 MB and I'm kind of afraid to go for that using the college's internet connection. Fuck it. :(

Awww, I wanted to try a ROM this time. Although I heard that was just during the tutorial that you don't gain EXP, but ahh what do I know.

Not on topic, but I want to discuss Dream World abilities.

Those that piqued my interest most (just by looking at the ability, not movesets, or NU potential) are (Spoiler; using Nat dex numbers, because I don't know how to use black spoiler bars): 186, 38, 257, 609, and 576. I think 348 and 470 have potential with 186 and 38. Argh, I sound like an idiot.

BBcode.

On that note, I'm too lazy to look up which numbers those are but you probably mentioned a couple these,

Drought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoad. Can you say weather generation? This makes me very happy. Crazy stuff, rain and sun just got that much more viable - they were already deadly. And with the new beasties being shipped in this is a whole new metagame something major.

SPEED BOOST Blaziken! Fuckin' A man finally, fuck you Infernape, fuck you and die in a fir- ...a lake! goddamn monkeys. But seriously, this thing gets Baton Pass and Bulk Up to boot. Instant OU, flaming ape for UU.

Flash Fire Typhlosion - Okay. OU-available Drought, Damage immunity switchin with boost, Eruption, 100 speed, no items, final destination.

Although Typh spits on it, and Blaziken curb stomps it, Charizard gets Solar Power, giving it its own niche.

And since I'm mentioning all the fire-starters /anyway/, may as well point out Nape's Iron Fist. Lol, monkey got boned. Seriously so glad this bastard got taken down by /all/ its notches.

Shadow Tag /Shanderaa/. Yes, the one with 145 base SpAtk. If there aren't DW Ability Bans in commonplace, this thing's going straight to uber. This thing's got so much power behind it a specs set with Fire Blast gets a reliable 2HKO on /Blissey/. Add trapping power, insta-Uber.

Hydration Vaporeon. Again, if no ability bans, straight to uber. It's Manaphy with a better stat spread, and combined with viable non-uber Drizzle now, Eevee got its first Uberlution.

Ice Body Vaporeon. This little beastie already packed a punch on Hail teams, and with the liability of /not/ carrying a weather changer, Hail teamers just got a new toy. Scarf Blizzard with consistent recovery is pretty bitchin', amd its fairly bulky to begin with.

Poison Heal Gliscor - ......lol.

Water Absorb Suicune, Volt Absorb Raikou, Flash Fire Entei. The legendary gerbils are hooting like vuvuzelas by now, with a new immunity-boost each, their switchin viability, survivability and power just shot up.

Reckless Staraptor - Brave Bird, 'nough said.

LOTS of Cloud Nine stuff - interesting choice considering the new weather choices.

Lolimon- er, Gochiruzeru with Shadow Tag - Well, broken ability on a to-be underwhelming 'Mon, so not /really/ worth nearly as much mention. It's like Wobuffet with none of the advantages (unless it miraculously gets counter and/or mirror coat, but I see those as doubtful. Plus, it's stat pool isn't anywhere near being able to pull it off.)

Thick Fat Mamoswine - Interesting choice. It's now neutral to fire and resists ice, making it a far safer play.

Damp Swampert - Suddenly lost its Metagross phobia.

Simple Kokorimori - Two words, Calm Mind. Eh heh heh.

that's not even the lot of it, but for the sake of tl;dr I'll leave it be.

RANT #2 of many

-TMs have changed.
-New champion looks like Lance with a lot more hair mixed with Bruno's pose.
-The Kanoko Town music reminds me of Hoenn (which isn't a bad thing, Hoenn's been the best thing since the franchise began)

-The cries give me deja vu.

I'm BUYING THIS GAME.

Holy lord. Either the evolution levels on Serebii are very off, or the gamers are trying to up the difficulty this generation. Seriously, most of the Pokemon don't evolve until sometime past Lv. 30. Most of the Pokemon later in the game don't start evolving until Lv. 50. I wonder what the reason for all of that is.

YES YES YES

I've calmed down and now are ready to comment.

DREAM WORLD ABILITIES YES. DROUGHT NINETALES :D.

SMUGLEAF EVO YES

NARWHALOTTER YES

JELLYFISH GHOST DRIFBLIM CHANDELIER GHOST LEECH BELLOSSOM THINGIE YES YES YES

Bell as the champion? Awesome. Lady Caitlin as elite four? I always liked her.

I don't really like the puppy's evo though. :( It looks fat and kind of ugly.

GUISSE i've been looking at /tr/ and seen that lots of people have the ROMS...I'm a newfag to ROMs,someone said that DeSmuME only works with http://hotfile.com/dl/70053429/6630047/5213_Pocket_Monsters_White_JPN_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT.rar.html Can someone give me a link to download DeSmuME plox?! I want to beast this game right now. Thanks!
Hate to break it to you, but the games have some sort of anti-piracy thing that prevents you from gaining levels if it isn't a legit game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom