• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you can't gain levels in the beginning even if you have a legit copy.

Yes, you can. Serebii reported that because he was playing a ROM and assumed that was it when he wasn't gaining levels.

TOTALLY NOT MONEYGRUBBERS, AM I RIGHT
YES BECAUSE ONLY MONEYGRUBBERS WOULD WANT PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY PAY FOR THE GAMES THEY'VE SPENT THE LAST FOUR YEARS DEVELOPING, AM I RIGHT

AtomicPokabu, ROMs are illegal. This is not the place to ask people to provide you with one any more than your school billboard is the place to ask for weed.

And for those of us who have to wait four-six more months of anticipation to play them?

Sucks to be you? If you must have it now, order it from Play-Asia or somewhere similar (or, of course, you can get the inevitable ROM patch that circumvents the anti-piracy protection). Game Freak are not obligated to provide you with free video games to compensate for the fact you don't live in Japan.

Complain about the time it takes to localize them or the fact you can't go out and buy them at your local video game store if you want, but having the gall to berate the developers as "moneygrubbers" just for taking some measures to get people to buy their game legally is just childish and entitled. I'm not judging you for wanting to play a ROM - I've played plenty of ROMs myself! - but please accept that it's illegal and don't delude yourself into thinking you have some sort of an inalienable right to be able to play the game for free.

Am I the only one wondering why Blaziken gets a new ability

I mean shouldn't the starters and their abilities be kinda special

or did all the starters get new abilities? *out of the loop*

Am I the only one wondering why Blaziken gets a new ability

I mean shouldn't the starters and their abilities be kinda special

or did all the starters get new abilities? *out of the loop*
Everything got new abilities except Pokémon with Levitate and maybe a few others.

Yeah. Only pokémon downloaded from the Dream World have the new abilities; transferring them from DPPtHGSS, catching them in-game, etc. will result in the usual abilities.

(I wonder if these abilities are breedable/stick with the pokémon on evolution? Does anyone know?)

I guess I'd rather wait until I can understand the game to really get into it, anyway. I was looking forward to the ROM as an opportunity to see the game right in the midst of all the hype, but I guess it's not like the hype won't begin anew once the games are out in the US. The wait is incredibly painful but I've done it three times in the past. Plus DS ROMs tend to be glitchy as hell. My HeartGold ROM was slow and jerky and near unplayable.

I do wish the Japanese versions weren't stupidly expensive, though. Seriously, seventy dollars? I can understand the shipping being ass-expensive because it's coming from Japan, but why is it double the price of the English releases? Is it really just that expensive in Japan? Because that sucks.

Still expensive, but I got my copy from YesAsia for 63 and free shipping (it was 60, but my bank was being a dick about approving the transaction and by the time I sorted it out it had gone up by three bucks).

You probably are better off not being a tool and waiting, though.

Guys. The music for these games makes me feel really, REALLY HAPPY!!!

Hey, can someone confirm if this badass remix is legit?
It's of the original champion theme of Red and Blue and if its real I just might fly to Japan and rob this game from somebody.

They seem very legit. The Youtuber even claimed that he ripped them from the game. I'll belive him for now. But if you really want to know, wait for the 'Let's Play's start coming out, and listen to the soundtracks. I personally think they're real, but other people may think differently.

The Rival Theme makes me want to get up and do something constructive with my life.

Am I the only person who's actually disappointed to see Dive return as an HM? ...I suppose I should wait to see what they do with it before judging, because Hoenn's Dive spots sucked and it was really underutilized considering how many water routes there were (which, if I'm not mistaken, everyone was bitching about as their reason for hating Hoenn, so the sudden change in mood confuses me a bit).

Borg pokemon ftw.

I would assume that the new abilities stick through evolution, considering what it takes to get them. Having them return to the original would be... well, stupid. Having them breedable would be nice, but that's probably unlikely. Unless perhaps if you use a Dream World pokemon to breed with in the first place.

Speed Boost Blaziken... Thank you, Arceus. <3 God damnit, I have to EV a third Gliscor now. New abilities are win.

Actually, screw that, this generation is win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom