• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
RANT #3

What's this with the Elite 4? 4 equally "syndey-from-hoenn E4" leveled team, a legend battle, then im assuming a MASSIVE spike in levels for the lance-knockoff champion.

Black and White is imressive alright (AND wIth DIVE!!!!) but they rippoed off practically every generation

Black and White is imressive alright (AND wIth DIVE!!!!) but they rippoed off practically every generation
lolwhut. Do you pay attention to what you say? If anything, Black and White are the most unique games of the entire series. No returning Pokemon in the regional dex, Pokemon that usually evolve at Lv. 30-60, triple battles, a story, let alone one with characters that don't fade into the background after a while, and one that is actually kind of interesting.

Plus if a game references other games in the same series, I don't see how that is ripping it off.

ffff I kinda wanted White but I already decided that Wargle's going on my team so D:

... Maybe I'll get both. It's a waste of money but! Or maybe I'll but my friends into getting White so I can be like "LEMME PLAY YOUR WHITE-EXCLUSIVE AREAS PLZTHX"

Did anyone see what they were saying on Pokebeach? He said he got a letter from Nintendo asking to remove all the B/W images and that they're investigating other fansites as well..? :S

Did anyone see what they were saying on Pokebeach? He said he got a letter from Nintendo asking to remove all the B/W images and that they're investigating other fansites as well..? :S

Where'd you see that? :/ I wanna take a look.

It's in the middle of their updates~ Says:

We just got a letter from Nintendo (edited to remove personal info obviously) asking to take down all of our Black and White images or bad stuff will happen. I called the lawyer who sent the letter and he said he'll be making the rounds on other Pokemon sites as well and that they're doing an investigation. I was first on their list. I'm about to go out while Bangiras plays the game due to a family emergency but I have 24 hours to remove the images. Joy! Anyways, we'll continue to play the game and report what we find like we've been doing. Oh and the lawyer said he likes my site. :p

It's in the middle of their updates~ Says:
Personally I think that's all a load of horseshit.
It just... feels fake to me. If they wanted to crack down on fansites posting images, wouldn't they have done it the last time this happened for a game? Or sooner than that, even!

My personal pet theory is that it's a disgruntled fan that doesn't want to /see/ the spoilers.
A real lawyer wouldn't say anything about liking the site.

...OBJECTION! *zing*

Personally I think that's all a load of horseshit.
It just... feels fake to me. If they wanted to crack down on fansites posting images, wouldn't they have done it the last time this happened for a game? Or sooner than that, even!

My personal pet theory is that it's a disgruntled fan that doesn't want to /see/ the spoilers.
A real lawyer wouldn't say anything about liking the site.

...OBJECTION! *zing*

The letter was attached in his update. But, then again, you're probably right about that since we get coverage for every new game. Maybe someone wanted to stir something up :P

Apparantly, Serebii received one of the letters too.

Though Pokebeach and Serebii are pretty well known sites, so if this is just some prankster, it makes sense that he would target them.

Ugh. Serebii took everything down. I guess I'll just rely on Pokejungle for the pictures. Unless PJN gets that same letter, too. :/ That would suck.

And if it is some prankster, oh God, I'll kill him. Bye bye Jaroba pictures...;~; And speaking of pictures, does anyone else think that Kyuremu is going to be the mascot of Pokemon Gray? (if that's the title of the thrid Gen. 5 game, of course.)

EDIT: Pokebeach still has the pictures up. That's good.

I hope whoever is doing this doesn't come here. Several users (me included) are using black and white images as avatars or in posts.

Holy crap. I hope this is not real and is just a prank because that's just dumb if it's not.

My friend's ROM has confirmed most of the music as real, by the way. He's not very far yet, though.

veekun has the images now? Whoa, those weren't there last time I looked! *goes to see*

...oh, thank god they fixed the train wrecks that were jolteon and pinsir in HGSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom