• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw the earlier data, just not the sprites.

EDIT: urk, not terribly fond of most of the shinies, though. Also extremely disappointed that the ice cream shinies are not chocolate or strawberry or neapolitan or pistachio or something. I mean, I know their names come from vanilla, but... D:

Last edited:
Oh, God. Black and White's sprites. I love them. <3 Charmander's is just beautiful~ And so is Growlithe's and Arcanine's, yes~

Thank you Veekun!

Last edited:
I rather like a lot of the edited ones... but THEY RUINED CLEFAIRY. IT LOOKS FAT AND UGLY.

At least Taillow doesn't look like its shouting anymore.

Some of the new sprites are quite impressive, but some aren't nearly as good. See: Swampert (crappy pixel-over of Sugimori Art) and Crobat. Other's didn't really need an overhaul (Rhydon was good as it is; its new arm position looks quite awkward) and I'm none too pleased with Swellow's new dopey-ish look. On the other hand, Jolteon looks so much better now, Charizard's backsprite is incredible, and I am loving that Arcanine. So it's not all bad - I think it's an improvement, actually.

One thing that really bothers me about the new sprites, though, is that they have wayyy too much black in their outlines. :|

Shit guys, I'm playing through a little bit of White, and I'm very impressed with the length of their first forest. I'm not even halfway done with it, and I've been at it for about an hour so far.

(Also Shimama=<3)

Maybe the HGSS pidgeot with the all-black outlines wasn't a mistake, then--it was a test run for a new style!

Oh dear lord I take back everything I said about other Pokemon being good and stuff.

Zuruggu. Is. Amazing.

Seriously. It's right outside of Hiun, great defenses, great attack, only two weaknesses bah it is amazing in-game and might just be my new favorite Pokemon.

EDIT: Wow. The RNG cheats in this game. I just faced the bug gym leader and his goddamn last Pokemon got about 6 critical hits in a fucking row. You were warned.

Last edited:
Um.... this guy who's been sending letters may or may not be a fake, but bulbapedia has a news article about it. they say they can't prove if this guy is actually from nintendo, or just some prankster.

hope he's a pokemon hater and not actually from nintendo.

What is this I don't even-

Anyway
You know, there is something I still have a hard time comprehending. Having looked over a playthrough of Black/White, I realized something.

We have a plot, character development, what we have been waiting for!

Yeah I am pretty reassured that Black and White will be the best games in the series.

I can't wait for my Japanese White to ship. <3

I still highly doubt these are legit. The games were just released, so why not show off the new stuff? PlusPlus, why is the American Nintendo place suing? Why didn't they sue for Diamond and Pearl info leaking, or elsewise? Why not Pokexperto, where nearly all the major leaks came from anyway?

PS: I love Doredia. I wouldn't be surprised though if it became the new Gardevoir o.o]

EDIT: I have no idea whether Urugumosu is meant to be special or not. Its extremely powerful, gets a move that boosts it's > 100 stats even higher, is like Sudowoodo in a sort of way, is found once at level 70 at the end of a cave, and it's cry (on Veekun) is pretty ferocious o.o

EDIT2: Most of the cries of the Pokemon sound great; way better then the last gen.

Last edited:
Okay, looking at the sprites. Aw crap Aerodactyl and Mewtwo kept their crappy D/P/PT sprites. D: But Arcanine looks amazing. So regal and elegant looking...he would fit in very nicely alongside Jaroda. Oh god why is Electrode looking at me rather than at a non-existent opposing Pokemon. Scyther actually looks really nice. Better than the train wrecks of its 4th Gen sprites.

Ew Sudowoodo, what'd they do to ya? You look like a pixel over... Lugia looks like the D/P/Pt sprite, but it seems rather pissed. They must've changed the head to match HG/SS's better.

Yes yes yes the Hoenn starters got new sprites! Sceptile and Blaziken look nice, although Sceptile's limbs seem a tad awkward looking and Blaziken's face is rather, I dunno, strange looking. Swampert looks okay as well, but the highlighting is kinda messed up here. Woah, Zigzagoon and Linoone also got new sprites. And Tailow and Swellow...although Swellow looks kinda drugged up. Azurill looks sad. D: Hey, Luvdisc got a color change, and it's a really nice shade of pink. Much better than whatever was used in the 4th Gen sprites. Did someone try to bleach Salamence's skin? Groudon...I have mixed feelings on this one. Rayquaza looks amazing though.

Oh god, Bronzong's sprite is horrible. Zero shading, and the arms look like they've been copy-flipped. Not really a fan of Weavile's pose here.

Also, I maybe the only that sees this, but ^_^=
615.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom