• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
The awesome music was all taken down too? LAAAAME! But oh well, we can still Google it, as Zora pointed out. Also, reading Grass-snake's dex entries makes me more and more incilined to call it's line 'Smugleaf' FOREVER:

Jaroda 497 (White dex info): It raises its head high to intimidate opponents. It only becomes serious when fighting a strong enemy.

Tsutarja 495 (Black dex info): It has high intelligence and a cool demeanor. When it’s bathed in sunlight, its movements are sharpened.

Jaroda 497 (Black dex info): It stops enemies in their tracks with only a glance. It amplifies solar energy inside its body.

Also, Deathmas's white dex info is just as depressing:

Deathmas 562: It was born from the soul of a human buried in an ancient tomb. It still has its memories from long ago.

Update #7

-Checking out some Surfable areas right now. I find it interesting how few areas there are that actually have Surfable areas, at least at the moment.

-Route 1 branches off into Route 17 and 18 via Surf. The trainers here actually pose some difficulty.

-Bambimon can learn the move Wood Horn, which is essentially a physical Giga Drain. It's pretty awesome, I must say.

-Route 17 is a surf route. Normally I'd be a bit pissed, but considering the fact that there aren't any other surf routes in the game, I don't mind as much.

-With the Lucky Egg, it is really easy to gain levels in this game. I'm getting about 2000 EXP with some trainers' Pokemon.

-Almost immediately upon entering Route 17, you can get Toxic. Its accuracy is 90 now. Wasn't it 85 or something lower before?

-Basauro are very common Pokemon. Fisherman like them and have them, and they are like the Tentacool of surfing now.

-Remember currents? From RSE? Well Route 17 has those too.

-Kay, so the water part of Route 17 is short. There is a cool mountainy place afterwards. It has lots of levels to it and it just looks wicked cool. There is also a building to heal you up about halfway through it.

-Found Roar.

-I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but it seems that the is a new, more predominate type of trainer in these games so far that aren't Ace Trainers/Hikers. I think they're called Backpackers because each of them has a giant backpack on. Its nice to see new trainers.

-Yikes, Basauro is much more powerful than I thought. A level 35 one just took out Rapto in one hit.

-Scientists in this game use X Attack/Special/etc a lot.

-Found Thunderbolt!

-There's an empty lab at the end of Route 17 where you can get a Dubious Disc.

-I don't think I mentioned it before, but remember how in HGSS the stat that your nature raised was in red and the stat that your nature lowered was in blue? It returns again in Black and White, which is VERY useful for people (like me) who don't have the natures memorized

-Kung Fu Ferret is found right outside of Fukiyosa City. I suppose that helps with the ice-type gym. They help you out like that alot with most of the gyms, I've noticed.
Gym 1 - You can be given the elemental Monkey to help you out
Gym 2 - Machop 2.0 can be found outside the city
Gym 3 - Darumakka is found in the desert
Gym 4 - The desert has lots of ground types
Gym 5 - Bambimon is found outside town
Gym 6 - Shimama evo is found outside the town

...I think it's a useful way of doing things.

-The next tower is really cool, I think. You can find Roboghost here! :D Had I room in my party, I would catch one.

-The tower is in ruins and is very maze-like. Really cool. Also has a puzzle similar to the Tin Tower puzzle in GSC

-OH NOEZ! N GOT RESHIRAM! D8

-Sludge Bomb is located on Route 9.

-There is a small forest area on Route 9 that doesn't lead anywhere, but it has a fair few trainers. The tower that leads to the next area is blocked off by Team Plasma.

-Now we have to return to where you get the fossils. Hooray!

-To walk through the quicksand, you cannot run. At all.

-Shadow Ball is in the Desert Castle. HUZZAH!

-The Cylinder Bridge looks wicked cool. There are trains driving underneath it and it just looks great. Another place just for eyecandy. :)

-Someone on the bridge gives you Nitro Charge.

-The Department Store music is a massive remix of the shop theme from HGSS/RSE

-wtf people battle you in the freaking store.

-I think there's another trade in Soryuu City, but I'm not sure.

-In one of the buildings in Soryuu there is a triple battle with all three elemental monkeys.

-Route 10 has a very good "we're almost to the end of the main game" theme. It is the route before Victory Road, after all.

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW FOLKS!

also asdfsda what the hell nintendo i love your kanto champion remix why won't you let me hear it???

Hey, if anybody's interested in seeing B/W sprites animated hit this 4chan thread.

And have fun guessing which anon is me! Free sprite to whoever can guess :U

1285122255629.gif

OMG I. Love. This. Thing.

HEY DERP Mawile is this Shandera?
1285119748717.gif

It was one of the first ones posted in the thread. It took me a minute to recognize the name.

I'd love to see Nintendo try to take the images off of 4chan. That'd be lulzy.

Re: sprites: The sex. That's all I can say.

uh what it'd better not be spring 2011 in Aus because it's spring now. I don't want to wait a whole year to get BW. >:|

It seems pokebeach isn't happy with Nintendo.

I honestly think I'm missing something here. Can someone please explain to me why Nintendo would want fansites to take down these images and music after the games are already released? Because it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

It seems pokebeach isn't happy with Nintendo.

I honestly think I'm missing something here. Can someone please explain to me why Nintendo would want fansites to take down these images and music after the games are already released? Because it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
It's NOA that's doing it, not NOJ.
Probably because they want it to be fresh and new and ~secretive~ for the english release, but they're naive in thinking they can stop the leaks in the age of the Internet.

They want to protect us from the spoilers? To seperate us from the images from Black and White?

Nintendo of America is Team Plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom