• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blaguarro Town Blaguarro Outskirts

"And who gave you the right to deem who is and isn't worthy of being a Saint, offworlder?" Moltres asked, opening her wings, almost certainly a sore spot. "Are some decrepit old buildings that were going collapse anyway worth killing for? Is this the best you so-called 'heroes' can do?" she spat. She didn't seem so pleased with the answer, she looked slightly disappointed, yet she was willing to accept the Wayfarer's challenge. She didn't seem to acknowledge Dave's question, possibly because she didn't have an answer to it.

Enemy Phase, Turn 0

"To treat me like I have no purpose," she hissed. "To treat one's pain as selfish or as an excuse..." She flapped her wings and dark, bitter flames erupted from the ground, swirling to create smaller, featureless facsimiles of the dark phoenix that spread out to accost the Wayfarers while Moltres remained in place for now. A horrid feeling of despair emanated from them.

"It's time you wake up and face reality!"

Moltres' Storm! Moltres gained +1 Acc and Eva. Three geists formed!

Moltres' attention seems to be mostly focused on Mhynt...

Now was not the time for speeches. Not just yet. She had to concentrate and make sure Moltres was distracted, at least for now. Test what she can do so the others can get the real hits in.

She knew she had little to back herself up in terms of raw power.

"A reality you're trying to dictate," Mhynt countered. "Those in power can shape reality around them. Small ways, major ways... but it is your choice to turn that pain into others' strife!"

She shoved a Blast Seed in Moltres' face before vanishing. She tapped at Moltres' left wing, spreading an aura-eating ailment upon her. That was the first step of her enervating touch...

Mhynt (142 STM, 5 TMP, +2 SPD, +2 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Teleport (-20 STM, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** Item (Blast Seed) @ Moltres
- **Act:** RADIANT Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG RADIANT Toxic @ Moltres (-30 STM, +6 TMP, +20 RAD)
- Walk to Construction Site
Net change: -44 STM, +13 TMP, +0 SHD, +20 RAD
Net totals: 98 STM (133 after regen), 18 TMP, 0 SHD, 20 RAD

Jade
Grace
Silver
Dave
Odette
Mhynt

Last edited:
"To treat me like I have no purpose," she hissed. "To treat one's pain as selfish or as an excuse..."
"Okay. Indulge us. You clearly think you have some grand purpose. Is it the teaching people not to be complacent thing? How much success are you seeing with that, exactly? In reality?"

The tinge of unyielding metal had returned to somewhere he could feel it. With it, he blocked out the pain, the distractions.

"If you're so concerned about life being unfair, then why aren't you using your legendary fucking powers to make it fairer?"
Dave (141 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Walk (+1 MC) to Rocky Clearing (-3 TMP)
- Hone Claws (-18 STM, +2 TMP)
- Rock Smash @ Moltres (-11 STM, effect, Hex Adept, -3 TMP, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** SHADOW Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG CRITICAL SHADOW Relentless Soul @ Moltres (-45 STM, -4 TMP, +4 TMP, +27 SHD)
Net change: -74 STM, +3 TMP, +27 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 67 STM (100 after regen), 8 TMP, 27 SHD, 0 RAD

Last edited:
Dammit, a fight had broken out, and even if she'd already been expecting one, and already knew that Moltres had been gunning for one, it still sent a jolt of panic shooting through her system.

"We-we don't have that right!" Jade cried out uselessly, but it was too late.

Crap, okay, everyone was rushing in to fight a Legendary, like that was something feasible, no big deal, right? God, and here she'd thought she'd left the Legendary-fighting back home.

Focus. Stay out of the line of fire, figure out a strategy, find an opening. The wreckage of the downed watchtower seemed like a good place to attack from, so Jade kept her head low and did her best to clear a path through the rubble with scattered bursts of Chilling Water. All the while she kept a close eye on the phantasm that had appeared nearby, trying to figure out what its behavior was like. Was it following Moltres's orders, or acting on its own?

Jade's Spotter Aux: Moltres Geist AI
Interact: use Chilling Water to clear a path through the rubble and make it easier to traverse

A moltres was going to set everything on fire?! They might have to kill her?!

Grace couldn't exactly argue-- there wasn't much time to find another option, but maybe she could channel a restraining technique through Metronome? It was something she could try if there was time to do it. The togetic had gathered everything she could in a last minute notice, since any second wasted was another second risking any chance Moltres might have to set everything on fire.

"Why are you involving innocent people in your problems?!" Grace yelled, it not lost on her that being the smallest here meant she had to give herself a bigger voice. She glanced over at those who had all gathered, and she got the feeling Mhynt might need some extra help.

"Please, be careful, Mhynt!" she called, her paws lighting up as she cast a protect shield over the grovyle. "Stay safe, you can't fall here!"

Grace's Defender Aux: A half protect shield for Mhynt!

Silver scoffed, unimpressed by the Moltres’s claims. “Oh please! If someone supposedly needs to be and stay ‘awake’ to face the harsh reality,” he added a bitter chuckle and unsheathed his claws, before a golden glow pulsed into their sharp tips and his eyes, then I must’ve been the champion of insomniacs for years!”

Spite and Radiance mixed in an explosive cocktail, and Silver used some rocks as launching pads to reach the Moltres and unleash a deep slash to disrupt the bird’s malignant aura. “You enjoy teaching lessons through pain, huh? Then! How about this for some real pain? Are you learning a life lesson now?!”

Unbeknownst to the adrenaline-fueled Sneasel, the particles of his Radiant strike coalesced into a golden flame, connected to the young redhead through some invisible thread. Then a beaked head emerged from the fireball, followed by a pair of burning wings. Ghostly eyes brimming with divine light glared at the dark bird, and the ablaze head swayed left and right as it studied its target’s reaction. Vigilant, patient, readying a countermeasure.

A mysterious presence hovered behind Silver, guarding him…

Silver (128 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +1 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- **Act:** Dash to Rocky Clearing (-2 TMP)
- **Act:** RADIANT Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG RADIANT Hotheaded Soul @ Moltres (-45 STM, effect, -1 TMP, +8 TMP, +30 RAD) [Hex Adept / -1 Magic]
Net change: -63 STM, +12 TMP, +0 SHD, +30 RAD
Net totals: 65 STM (97 after regen), 17 TMP, 0 SHD, 30 RAD

Odette took a breath, and as Jawile sunk their teeth into the skin on her arm, she could barely feel Moltres' despairing aura over her own. As her power coursed through her, and she felt the blood rushing over her skin and dripping onto her skirt, she snickered.

"I'm disappointed. I'd have expected a bird of Wrath to be a little less whiny and a little more fucking proactive," she hissed. That was the only warning she gave before she launched herself forward.

"You know there is such a thing as using your rage toward making a change? Yet all I see is a hollow showboat with a penchant for bitching and moaning."

Odette (110 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Soul's Wrath (-30 STM, -2 TMP, +2 TMP) [+2 to all offenses]
- **Act:** Dash to Rocky Clearing (-2 TMP)
- Ancient Power @ Moltres (-14 STM, +2 TMP)
- Draining Kiss @ Moltres (-9 STM, +2 TMP)
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Moltres DEF + RES
Net change: -53 STM, +2 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 57 STM (84 after regen), 7 TMP, 0 SHD, 0 RAD

Player Phase, Turn 1

"And look at all of you!" Moltres said, flapping her wings, sending her geists to the chase. "You may pretend to have faced the hardships of life with your masking attitude but when it comes down to it, you show your true colours.In the face of adversity instead of gritting your teeth to stand up for yourselves, you propose that a Saint do all the work for you. How disappointing."

Jade's Spotter Aux! Geist's AI—
Geists are fast and can freely travel to any adjacent zone to chase down mobile players. They don't appear interested in intercepting attacks nor does it seem that they can attack directly, rather choosing to sap their opponents will to fight with debuffing techniques.

As Moltres remained focused on her immediate attackers, Jade escaped her watchful eye and was free to start washing some of the wreckage away. There was still plenty of rubble around and the water had now made the terrain quite slippery but it definitely helped to make the terrain just a little more traversable.

Jade's Interact—
Tower Wreckage's MC has been lowered to 3!

Grace's Defender Aux! Mhynt gained a Protect [25]!

Silver dashed to Rocky Clearing!
Silver's Hone Claws raised his Atk and Acc by 1!
Silver RADIANT Focused...
Silver's STRONG RADIANT Hotheaded Soul dealt 16 damage to Moltres! It's super effective! -1 Mag! Silver gained a Protect [25]!

Dave walked to Rocky Clearing!
Dave's Hone Claws raised his Atk and Acc by 1!
Dave's Rock Smash dealt 6 damage to Moltres! -1 Def!
Dave SHADOW Focused..
Dave's STRONG SHADOW Relentless Soul dealt a CRITICAL 52 damage to Moltres! It's super effective!

Odette's Soul's Wrath raised her Atk and Mag by 2!
Odette dashed to Rocky Clearing!
Odette's Ancient Power dealt a grazing 7 damage to Moltres! It's super effective!
Odette's Draining Kiss dealt 14 damage to Moltres! It's super effective!
Odette's Spotter Feat! Moltres' Def + Res—

275 Def
245 Res

Mhynt teleported to Rocky Clearing
Mhynt's Blast Seed dealt 40 damage to Moltres!
Mhynt RADIANT Focused...
Mhynt's STRONG RADIANT Toxic Badly Poisoned Moltres!
Mhynt walked to Construction Site!

Moltres stood tall against the attacks, taking them with a crooked smile. Was she enjoying this? Was she relishing in the thought of what she might do to the Wayfarers? Or was it the pain itself that made her smile? Her flames flickered, as did the geists, as she prepared for her own barrage of attacks...

"I am nobody's servant or ruler! I am someone who fights in what I believe in until the end!"

Last edited:
Enemy Phase, Turn 1

The geists flew to find their targets, spitting sparks and embers from their beaks that singed the flesh of those they landed upon. However, they did not cause harm to the body or soul but to the will, wounding the Wayfarer's will to fight. They chirped and sang in birdsong, an ancient tune from far away that called forth of a time long past.

Geist 1 moved to Construction Pile
Geist 1 used Scary Face on Mhynt! Protected!
Geist 1 used Taunt on Mhynt! Evaded!

Geist 2 moved to Rocky Clearing
Geist 2 used Scary Face on Dave! -2 Spd!
Geist 2 is preparing Memento...

Geist 3 moved to Rocky Clearing
Geist 3 used Scary Face on Odette! -2 Spd!
Geist 3 is preparing Memento...

Moltres, meanwhile, loomed over Dave, her venomous expression contrasting the beauty of the pair of singing pyres that flanked her. "It's not fair, is it?" she hissed. Flames coalesced on the ground beneath his paws, searing them, turning his strengths against him. "Don't you just want to give up?"

Legendary Action: Stats Boost! Moltres' shed her debuff!
Legendary Action: Firm Protect!
Moltres Focused...
Moltres's Burning Jealousy dealt 18 damage to Dave! Burned! Odette was protected!
Moltres's Hex dealt 39 damage to Dave! It's not very effective...
Moltres's Fiery Wrath dealt 19 damage to Dave and 18 to Odette! Flinch! It's not very effective...

"Let me show you, girl, what my wrath truly feels like." Moltres flapped her wings and hovered above the ground, the winds whipping around her wings, disrupting dark embers. First came the dark flames that she expelled from her beak and wings, next was a powerful gale whose true power would become apparent in just a moment...

Boss Attack: Moltres is preparing Hurricane. Target: Rocky Clearing

It seems that Dave and Mhynt have equal attention...

Last edited:
Flames. Dave's shoulder rang with searing pain, with white-hot Charmeleon fangs.

"Fuck you," he snarled through a haze of pulsing agony. "I lost two kids in a world with no gods or saints and no Pokémon aura powers or easy just-beat-up-the-fucking mayor solutions, and I'm still getting out of bed every day to make the remaining ones' lives a bit less shit and get unjust laws repealed. You've got godly powers to do whatever the fuck you want, and what are you doing with it? Meaninglessly dicking around with other people? Go solve your fucking problems instead of just making them everybody else's."
Dave (100 STM, 8 TMP, -2 SPD, +2 ACC, 27 SHD, 0 RAD)
- **Act:** Item (Lum Berry) @ Burn
- Play Rough @ Moltres (-16 STM, +2 TMP)
- Activate ability (Pickpocket) @ Moltres's Eva
- Walk (+1 MC) to Town Entrance (-3 TMP)
Net change: -19 STM, -1 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 81 STM (116 after regen), 7 TMP, 27 SHD, 0 RAD

Mhynt carried Dave's words along, dust kicking behind her with every deft step. She tossed a Blast Seed from afar at Moltres' protective barrier before pressing her hand against it. "Back me up!" Mhynt shouted as her claws dug into the force field.

Something corrosive and ethereal seeped from Mhynt's claws, rotting the barrier like a starving mold.

"We didn't ask for your help," Mhynt said. "We're here because you Saints aren't enough. Least of all you."

She conjured her Leaf Blade, waiting for the barrier to crack.

"We just want you out of our way."

Mhynt (133 STM, 18 TMP, +2 SPD, +2 ACC, 0 SHD, 20 RAD)
- Dash to Rocky Clearing (-2 TMP)
- AGILE Toxic @ Moltres (-30 STM, +3 TMP) [30 damage to shield]
- **Act:** Item (Blast Seed) @ Moltres [40 damage to shield]
- Toxic @ Moltres (-20 STM, +3 TMP) [30 damage to shield]
- CRITICAL Leaf Blade @ Moltres (-21 STM, -13 TMP, +3 TMP)
- Soul Enervation @ Moltres (-30 STM, +3 TMP) [Critical Leaf Blade = -2 Spd/Acc]
- Walk (+0 MC) to Tower Wreckage
Net change: -89 STM, -2 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 44 STM (79 after regen), 16 TMP, 0 SHD, 20 RAD

Grace
Dave
Silver
Odette
Jade
Mhynt

She hoped she'd gotten a good slice on Moltres, draining her of vitality. Sending a message that no barrier, emotional or otherwise, would stop Mhynt's blade and shake that invincibility Moltres thought she had.

The Grovyle disrespectfully kicked off of Moltres wings and landed in the wreckage further away, gesturing for Moltres to follow. A taunt, now that she was slower and weaker.

Last edited:
So the terrible black phoenix backed off and didn’t strike Silver… Oh oh! Good! That Moltres must have been so terrified after its glorious and mysterious appearance; the golden fireball had no doubt about that! There was absolutely no other explanation! Not at all!

Satisfied with its work, the fireball turned to a few embers that vanished back within Silver, right before its owner could realize or sense its presence. Not like he was going to, anyway, since Silver was busy giving a long look at Dave. Hearing about his dead children was quite the shock, but that wasn’t the right time to discuss otherworldly bureaucratic dramas.

And as if on cue, something else piqued his attention and made his eyes narrow in alarm: a horrid aura gathering around the spectral birds as they worked on their horrible parting ‘gift.’

“Oh no! You won’t!”

Hissing sharply, Silver lunged at the spectral birds and began swinging his fists in a frantic fury, weaving around their dark plumes like a liquid bundle of fur and claws. Who said that birds aren’t punchable?

Silver (97 STM, 17 TMP, +0 SPD, +2 ACC, 0 SHD, 30 RAD)
- Rock Smash @ Geist 2 (-11 STM, effect, Hex Adept, -3 TMP, +8 TMP)
- AGILE Drain Punch @ Geist 3 (-25.5 STM, +6 TMP)
- CRITICAL Drain Punch @ Geist 2 (-17 STM, -20 TMP, +6 TMP)
- Walk (+2 MC) to Tower Wreckage (-6 TMP)
Net change: -72 STM, -7 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 25 STM (57 after regen), 10 TMP, 0 SHD, 30 RAD

In the face of adversity instead of gritting your teeth to stand up for yourselves, you propose that a Saint do all the work for you. How disappointing."

Jade grit her teeth, flinching as the dark flames swept over everyone, not hot but cold, like icy resentment.

“We’re—we’re not,” Jade coughed. “We’re just trying to help people!” She’d been trying to save the legends back home, long before she’d ever relied on their power.

Those fiery specters were closing in, their eyes cold and uncaring, an uncanny contrast to the wild emotion in Moltres’s eyes. Had to keep them at bay, couldn’t let them get any closer. Jade reached out her paw with Assist and grabbed onto the energy from Dave’s attack—Fairy-type, she’d messed around with that a little bit while sparring with Leaf. Time to see what it could do here.

Jade’s Fairy Caster Wave @ Geist 2

"...What have you even done for us?" Grace asked Moltres, shaking her head. "We've never met before. How can you claim you do all this work when all we've seen you do is threaten to hurt people? Is that what a Saint does?"

Her eyes had to carefully scan the battlefield. Who needed help? Who was going to be in trouble? Grace's paw glowed again, and she conjured a shield for Dave this time.

While she couldn't attack Moltres. Her friends could. She'd do what she could to keep them going.

"I think... you've fallen from grace. Pick yourself up before you hurt everyone else!"

Grace's Defender Aux: Protect shield for Dave!

Last edited:
Odette slid backwards, gritting her teeth through a pained smile as Moltres' flames lapped against her skin. Fear sprouted along her nerves, but she forced aside in favor of her own anger.

"That's it?" she scoffed. "I was expecting more, but that's what I get for assuming anything substantial from a whiny bitch like yourself."

Inhaling, she focused in on what she was going to do next. She couldn't lose it now; not when they'd only just gotten started.

"If you're going to whine," she said, eyes falling to one of those obnoxious Geists. "At least do something to back it all up. I know Wrathful legendaries; far deeper than I probably should. They're questionable at best, but at least they have the sheer audacity to back it up. Let's face it, you give Wrath the bad fucking name it has."

Odette (84 STM, 7 TMP, -2 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- **Act:** Focus (+5 TMP, -20 SHD, -20 RAD)
- STRONG Play Rough @ Geist 2 (-24 STM, Sure Hit, +4 TMP) [Reroute to Geist 3 if KO'd]
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Geist DEF + RES
- Walk (+1 MC) to Westward Rail (-3 TMP)
Net change: -28 STM, +6 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 56 STM (83 after regen), 13 TMP, 0 SHD, 0 RAD

Player Phase, Turn 2

"I did nothing to stand in your way," Moltres cried out. "Nor do I hurt people! Unless you consider damage to their material possessions a form of harm! You just went out of your way to stand in mine!" She glanced at Dave however and with a small smirk added, "But you. I like you."

Grace's Defender Aux! Dave gained a Protect [25]!

Dave's Lum Berry cured his Burn!
Dave's Play Rough dealt 16 damage to Moltres' Protect! It's super effective!
Moltres was protected from Dave's Pickpocket...
Dave walked to Town Entrance!

Silver's Hone Claws raised his Atk and Acc by 1!
Silver's Rock Smash dealt 30 damage to Geist 2! It's super effective!
Silver's AGILE Drain Punch dealt 36 damage to Geist 3! It's super effective!
Silver's Drain Punch dealt a CRITICAL 83 damage to Geist 2! It's super effective! KO!!!
Silver takes 38 damage from Aftermath...
Silver walked to Tower Wreckage!

Yet as Silver punched into the being's core, it sparked erratically its flailing embers falling on and searing against his fur. He wouldn't have time to process what just happened as the remnants of the flames coalesced into tiny figures, reenacting events from a time long past, Moltres' past.

A tiny figure, shivering in anticipation, stood before another moltres that looked down on her kindly - the far more recognisable Kantonian form that Silver was likely more familiar with. He appeared frail and ill but he still stepped forth with a crystalline autumn leaf in his beak, the Relic of the second Moltres. He nodded at the tiny figure, asking her to take it, who looked oh so young.

Moments before she accepted it, the elder bird flew into a coughing fit.

Odette Focused...
Odette's STRONG Play Rough dealt 68 damage to Geist 3! It's super effective! KO!!!
Odette takes 38 damage from Aftermath...
Odette's Spotter Feat! Geist's Def + Res—

100 Def
100 Res
Odette walked to Westward Rail!

"Is that all you think I am? A mindless being of wrath?" Moltres hissed. "What I was meant to represent?" The geist Odette had attacked let out one final note before it fell against the mawile, subjecting her to the exact same feeling and type of vision Silver had just experienced.

Moltres, just recently ascended, her eyes bright with a genuine, happy smile on her beak. The run down buildings and roughed up denizens making it clear that it was a less fortunate area but their smiles at the young bird made it clear that her presence brought joy. She loved the common folk and would have done anything to help them as her mentor tended to the nobility. Just what happened to bring her to this sorry state?

Jade's Caster Aux dealt 37 damage to Geist 1!

Mhynt dashed to Rocky Clearing!
Mhynt's AGILE Toxic dealt 30 damage to Moltres' Protect!
Mhynt's Blast Seed dealt 40 damage to Moltres' Protect!
Mhynt's Toxic dealt 30 damage to Moltres' Protect! Moltres' Protect is Broken!
Mhynt's Leaf Blade dealt a CRITICAL 14 damage to Moltres! It's not very effective...
Mhynt's Soul Enervation raised her Atk by 2 and lowered Moltres' Acc and Spd by 2!
Mhynt walked to Tower Wreckage!

Moltres flinched at Mhynt's assault but then a flash of anger overtook her features. It was clear that Mhynt had fully earned the Saint's ire. "You're just like them," she hissed. Without further words or hesitation, she sent her charging gale the grovyle's way, her attention now fully focused on her.

Boss Attack: Moltres's Hurricane targeted the Tower Wreckage! It struck everyone in the zone! 42 damage to Mhynt and 35 damage to Silver! It's super effective!

Enemy Phase, Turn 2

As Moltres flew off to chase Mhynt, she waved a wing, sending the final Geist on the move. It honed in on its closest target, and like its peers, attempted to sap the Wayfarer's will to fight while continuing to sing its crackling birdsong.

Geist 1 moved to Westward Rail!
Geist 1 used Taunt on Odette! Taunted!
Geist 1 is preparing Memento...

Meanwhile, during her chase, Moltres allowed her flames to burn even brighter, not even humouring Mhynt with any further showboating taunts. Yet as she descended upon her and Silver for another barrage of attacks, it was clear that whatever Mhynt had done to Moltres had left her movements somewhat sloppy, something that clearly infuriated the Saint.

Moltres Focused...
Legendary Action: Free Movement! Moltres moved to Tower Wreckage!
Legendary Action: Status Cure! Moltres was cured of Toxic!
Moltres's Fiery Wrath was fully dodged by Mhynt and Silver!
Moltres's AGILE Burning Jealousy dealt 15 damage to Mhynt and 10 damage to Silver! It's super effective on Mhynt! Burn!
Moltres's Burning Jealousy dealt 20 damage to Mhynt and 12 damage to Silver! It's super effective on Mhynt!

Moltres was slowed down and unable to do more...

Boss Attack: Moltres is preparing Fiery Soul. Target: Tower Wreckage

Moltres' attention is fully focused on Mhynt!

"Material possessions like their lifeline to society?" She pointed at the railway, then shook her head. "You've lost touch."

She vanished.

"No barrier in the world can protect you against reality. And we're here to deliver it!"

She drew her blade and went for another clean swipe--this one in the other wing, draining more vitality. She dashed away, sensing something big coming. The others were heavy hitters. She could distract Moltres and draw her ire even more.

Anything to get a rise out of her.

Mhynt (79 STM, 16 TMP, +2 SPD, +2 ACC, 0 SHD, 20 RAD)
- **Act:** Item (Sitrus Berry)
- Toxic @ Moltres (-20 STM, +2 TMP) [At 4 layers, should resolve to 1 layer]
- CRITICAL Leaf Blade @ Moltres (-21 STM, -13 TMP, +3 TMP)
- Soul Enervation @ Moltres (-30 STM, +3 TMP) [-2/+2 again]
- Walk to Rocky Clearing
Net change: -63 STM, -5 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 16 STM (51 after regen), 11 TMP, 0 SHD, 20 RAD

Grace
Dave
Odette
Mhynt
Silver
Jade

"How does it feel," Mhynt said, standing atop a pile of rocks, "knowing that mere mortals have you stumbling?" She slid down the mound and continued away. "No. Less than mortal. Once this world is saved, the Wayfarers all die. We will be footnotes in this world's tapestry... and yet, here you struggle!"

Last edited:
Fire, everything became fire. The swats of wind and hellfires had set ablaze every single square centimeter of his body, turning his blood and sweat into lava and his skin into a dry land filled with red cracks and blackened shrubs. Despite his best efforts, Silver couldn’t hold back a pained squeal, which was followed by winces and relieved shivers as the burning aura and the healing magic worsened and soothed his wounds cyclically.

“Ooough… So, that’s how fighting a legendary feels like… nggh, okay, it hurts way more than I imagined…” he grumbled as he got back up and began frantically digging through his bag for a painkiller — that white-hot pain must’ve been a big deal since he started hallucinating, too! Except… that the burning figures didn’t fade, not even as the Sitrus restored his health. “…Hm? W-what in the world—?”

Brilliant flames, projecting some kind of vision, dancing green flames, an imposing phoenix, a tiny and a big bird sharing a moment, a ship being torn apart, a wormhole drawing helpless humans and Pokémon toward itself, a new legend full of joy and hopes…

Silver stared at the fading embers in dumbstruck. Just… Okay, seriously, what was the deal with the universe? Why did it enjoy showing him visions of legendary birds amidst flames? Was it trying to send some kinda message, or…?

Pah! Whatever! He would’ve untangled that headache when his body wasn’t a breathing oven! Darting like a shadow, Silver took advantage of the Moltres’s distraction to inject his nervine venom into her bloodstream, then distanced himself from the bird as he sensed another burning wave coming…

Silver (57 STM, 10 TMP, +0 SPD, +4 ACC, 0 SHD, 30 RAD)
- **Act:** SHADOW Focus (+5 TMP)
- SHADOW Dire Claw @ Moltres (-30 STM, effect, Hex Adept, -3 TMP, +10 TMP, +30 SHD) [Paralysis / Weakener]
- Walk to Town Entrance
Net change: -48 STM, +14 TMP, +30 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 9 STM (41 after regen), 24 TMP, 30 SHD, 30 RAD

Well, if she liked him so much, she shouldn't be fucking ignoring him when he challenged her inane justifications.

The Geists, when destroyed, showed sugary telepathic visions of a younger, happier Moltres, standing somewhere in the slums being admired by the denizens. And what, then she'd gone through some unfair experience and afterwards decided to spend her time causing random destruction instead? What the fuck.

Dave's muscles were still sluggish after whatever that Geist had done. He sharpened his claws and then put on a burst of speed to reach the last one by the railway, lungs burning.

"What sorry fucking Freudian excuse from her childhood are you going to put on display?" he growled, ramming into the phantom bird with rock-shattering force. "Better be good."

Another similar strike on shaking legs, and then he noticed Jade coming, preparing a ranged attack, and forced himself out of her way; he'd seen how the Geists exploded if you destroyed them at close range. Mhynt was goading Moltres towards the clearing; once she was off the fucking tower, maybe he'd have the muscle strength to really go for it. He sat and pulled a berry out of his bag and tried to focus on something other than the hollow void in his chest.

Dave (116 STM, 7 TMP, -1 SPD, +1 ACC, 27 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Dash to Westward Rail (-2 TMP)
- AGILE Rock Smash @ Geist 1 (-16.5 STM, +4 TMP)
- Rock Smash @ Geist 1 (-11 STM, +4 TMP)
- **Act:** Focus (+5 TMP, -20 SHD, -20 RAD)
Net change: -49 STM, +13 TMP, -20 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 67 STM (102 after regen), 20 TMP, 7 SHD, 0 RAD

Back
Top Bottom