• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blastoise Fortooate VS. Legendaryseeker99

I swear to god that I posted here...

- Blastoise Fortooate sends out, LegendarySeeker99 orders first.

That was confusing me.

Fly onto the back of the overblown snowcone's head, and hold on as hard as you can. You're a caterpillar, so it can't be too hard. Use Camouflage (probably Rock-type, but try for Ice), followed by Sunny Day. End with Solar Beam, right at the back of his head. Jump off if you're afraid of splash damage, but make sure it's close-range. If it hails, then use Sunny Day again if it's hurting you.

Camouflage ~ Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam/Sunny Day

Start off with Taunt- especially badger him about being so much of a sissy that he had to cling to his opponent's back to avoid getting hurt. Next, Toxic the little thing. If it's still on you, spit the blob on the ground and try to rub it on Silkwing. It doesn't matter if you get poisoned in the process, because on your final action, you get as close to your enemy as you can- practically squashing it- and Explode. Put aaaaaaaall of your remaining Energy into it.

Taunt~Toxic~Explode

Last edited:
You, sir, had the potential to score the seldom-seen double kill with that Vanillite, and you also had a type advantage, and you chose to use it as a delicious frozen treat bomb. How heartless.

Reffing soooooooooooooooon

He wasn't going to last long, so I'd rather save him a lot of pain and dish out a fuckton at the same time.
Also I added an extra line at the end there.

Blastoise Fortooate selected his next Pokemon carefully; as he sent out his Sewaddle, it took on the faint white glow of the cavern, examining itself as its abilities skyrocketed to maximum power. Silkwing felt unstoppable, even as Zephyr waved at her cheerfully.

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vanillite
Zephyr – male
<Ice Body>
Health: 67%
Energy: 35%
Status: “Hurray!” Giddy with the thrill of victory. (+2 Defense | +2 Speed | Weight halved | Light Screen active - 4 more actions)

ROUND VII

Zephyr giggled at the little silkworm. "What a joke!" he said, pointing rudely. "A bug! That's hilarious! Look what I can do, ya puny insect!" He zoomed around at leisure, circling the Sewaddle while he laughed. Enraged, Silkwing launched herself at Zephyr, grabbing onto his back, unable to think of anything but getting close enough to cause some real pain. Camouflage? What did she want to disguise herself for; she wanted to pummel the stupid dessert to soft creamy bits. Zephyr zipped around a bit, trying to shake the insect, but contented himself with regurgitating a purple gunk from within his stomach and vomiting it backwards at Silkwing. Unfortunately, it sailed over her head and sputtered uselessly on the ground.

Silkwing clung onto Zephyr as he continued his attempts to throw her off; she flailed with as many legs as she could afford, smacking Zephyr for as much as she could. With his Acid Armor coating, he didn't seem to feel much of it at all; rather, he stopped and looked at his Trainer with glassy eyes. He wasn't entirely sure of this next attack; he'd never used it before, and he was afraid to. After all, who would willingly blow themselves to smithereens? Zephyr looked into Legendary Seeker's eyes pleadingly, managing a tiny chilled tear, but the Trainer just shook his head and pointed at his Pokemon. Zephyr gulped, then...

BOOM.

The quarry was rocked with the force of the Explosion. Silkwing was thrown backwards to slam into the stone wall as chunks of it were ripped out and smashed into the icy pool below. As the smoke cleared and the Trainers and Referee unshielded their eyes, a mammoth crater was revealed, with a small puddle with pieces of ice in the center. Legendary Seeker winced and recalled his faithful Pokemon as the Omskivar waved his flag.

Round VII End

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 65% (CAPPED)
Energy: 96%

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vanillite
Zephyr – male
<Ice Body>
Health: 0%
Energy: 26%
Status: Knocked out! (Light Screen active; one more action)

Damage and Energy Calculations

"Fly" onto Zephyr- 2% energy
Taunt- 4% energy
Toxic- 5% energy
Struggle- 3% damage, 2% energy, 2% recoil
Explosion- 33% damage(critical), an insignificant amount of energy

Notes:
-Explosion rolled a critical hit. Blastoise y u no build moar shrines
-Toxic missed.
-Taunt stopped the actual attacks, but did not stop Silkwing from grabbing onto Zephyr. This raised the crit chance because of the close proximity.
-Taunt wore off on the last action.

Arena Notes:

- The quarry looks as if it has suffered an earthquake. The waterline has receded a bit (about 61 centimeters [metric ftw]) and cracks have appeared in the bare ground. 10-15 glowing rocks have dislodged themselves from the quarry walls and fallen to the center of the quarry. They are scattered around the center of the field like a few barricades. (such as the rocks in pewter gym in the anime) There is still a clear path between both battlers.
- The pond is mostly frozen, save for a Wailmer-sized sphere below the surface. Cracked ice with a Magikarp-sized hole in it covers the sphere. Two grooves filled with water run the length of the pool.
- There is a lerge pile of snow near the center of the frozen pool.
-Rocks are buried in the ice, and there is a large crater where Zephyr exploded.

Next Round:
- Legendary Seeker sends out and attacks, Blastoise Fortooate attacks, I ref.​

I said that if Silkwing was on Zephyr's back, to spit the Toxic on the ground and have him rub the Toxic onto the opponent :\

And am I stuck with the Pokemon I had at the beginning of the battle, or can I use anyone in my Active Squad?

You're stuck with your Active Squad in the first post.

Either way Toxic rolled a miss, the chances of which were increased a bit by Silkwing throwing off the center of gravity and Struggling frantically. If you want me to rewrite it, I will, but it won't change the outcome of the battle.

K

*Evil grin*
Go, Rasvata!

First, up your mental strength with Nasty Plot. Then, blast out two Flamethrowers. If Silkwing were to Protect when you're attacking, use Calm Mind. If she creates Double Clones, sweep your Flamethrower around.

Nasty Plot~Flamethrower/Calm Mind~Flamethrower/Calm Mind

We might still win. Maybe.

Use String Shot, but do it carefully. Don't just spit it, wrap it around her muzzle as tight as you can so she can't even begin to open her mouth. Then use Camouflage, becoming something like a Rock, hopefully. Then get on top of her head, preferably on/near her eyes, and use Flash. If she's shooting fire, though, use Light Screen followed by Poison Jab.

String Shot ~ Camouflage/Light Screen ~ Flash/Poison Jab

I'm seeing very unpleasant mental pictures right now.

0_0
... where else would it come from on a vulpix? O_o

They could materialise an orb of pure fire energy which shoots the flames?
Other moves do it similarly, like Ice Beam (And I believe I've seen Water Gun work in a similar way)

Or they could just fire it from their tail or something

Or fiery farts...

LegendarySeeker knew exactly how to get rid of a pesky bug like this one; KILL IT WITH FIRE. Therefore, he selected his Vulpix to do battle. Rasvata trotted forward, admiring the glow of the cavern, quickly understanding the nature of the strange power flowing through her from the rock around her. She made sure not to slip on the ice as she decidedly hopped up to stand on a rock jutting out from the frozen pool. Commands were issued and scarves were made for all by the Sewaddle.

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 65% (CAPPED)
Energy: 96%

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Feeling mystical. (Light Screen active; one more action)

ROUND VIII

Rasvata pondered the tiny insect in front of her. She'd never been one to dirty her paws, but she had always had a soft spot for squishing bugs as a pup, and after all, she could roast it first, so its innards would be shriveled and relatively dry...or she could just slam a chunk of ice on it with Psychic, that would be fun...even better, she could pull its legs off one by one...Fufufu, the possibilities were endless! As she plotted, Rasvata's mind twitched with potential, begging for a chance to tear something apart.

Sensing imminent danger, Silkwing began to spew silk from her mouthparts, in a neat and precise movement that zigzagged to make a pattern similar to the weave of a basket, which flew towards the Vulpix and fastened itself tightly over her mouth. Trying to move her jaw, Rasvata snorted and breathed flames through her clamped lips. The silk smoldered, then burned off like cotton--not with much of an open flame, but quickly and visibly deteriorating. She stared angrily at Silkwing.

As the almost-invisible protective wall around Silkwing pulsed with light and faded, she dropped as flat as she could to the ground, willing herself to blend in with her surroundings. Her body took on a hardened texture, as her leaves and skin turned almost the same white as the chasm around her and her limbs became a bit heavier, but more durable. For all intents and purposes she was now made of the evolutionary ore that the quarry was famous for.

Furious, Rasvata conjured a mouthful of flames. As the fire licked at the edges of her maw, she breathed them in a blazing stream directed at Silkwing, who crossed her tiny, now-stony footpads to better shield her face. The blaze washed over her, but left her less scathed than she could have hoped, all things considered. Smirking, she ran forward, one foot imbibed with a nasty-looking purple aura. Silkwing reached Rasvata and slammed her hand into the Vulpix's side; Rasvata howled in pain, doubling over as the wind was knocked out of her. Silkwing retreated as Rasvata struggled to stand, and the round's end was announced.

Round VIII End

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 56%
Energy: 86%

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Health: 82%
Energy: 89%

Damage and Energy Calculations

Nasty Plot- 2% energy
String Shot- 1% energy
Flamethrower- 0% damage, 5% energy
Camouflage- 5% energy
Flamethrower- 9% damage, 4% energy
Poison Jab- 18% damage (critical), 4% energy

Notes:
-Gawd your Vulpix has a crazy mind.
-Flamethrower burned through the silk, but took extra energy, because Ninetales don't have particularly strong mouths whereas Leavanny are known for their silk weaving, therefore being capable of tightening a relatively weak mouth shut.
-Had it hit, Flamethrower would have burned.
-Light Screen wore off after the first action. The flavor suggests otherwise but it affects nothing.
-Poison Jab did not poison, but it was a critical hit.
-Silkwing did indeed become a Rock-type; I'll say this is subterranean, yeah.

Arena Notes:

- The quarry looks as if it has suffered an earthquake. The waterline has receded a bit (about 61 centimeters [metric ftw]) and cracks have appeared in the bare ground. 10-15 glowing rocks have dislodged themselves from the quarry walls and fallen to the center of the quarry. They are scattered around the center of the field like a few barricades. (such as the rocks in pewter gym in the anime) There is still a clear path between both battlers.
- The pond is mostly frozen, save for a Wailmer-sized sphere below the surface. Cracked ice with a Magikarp-sized hole in it covers the sphere. Two grooves filled with water run the length of the pool.
- There is a lerge pile of snow near the center of the frozen pool.
-Rocks are buried in the ice, and there is a large crater where Zephyr exploded.

Next Round:
- Blastoise Fortooate attacks, Legendary Seeker attacks, I ref.

Last edited:
The fire never exited Rasvata's mouth. The idea was to incapacitate Rasvata for one action to allow for a free Camouflage; the Light Screen was for if fire was actually coming at Silkwing.

Back
Top Bottom