• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blastoise vs. Zora of Termina

Alright! We're doin' good so far! So now, I want you to hit him with Hypnosis before he hits you. Then nail 'im with Dream Eater. Finally, go with Shadow Sneak.

Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Shadow Sneak

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

[King's English] Ralts (Male) <Synchronise> @Dawn Stone
Health: 50%
Energy: 60%
Commands: Charm ~ Attract ~ Captivate/Attract
Status: ohmai she's so pretty <333 ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused - Moderate) (Attracted - Moderate) (Paralyzed - Severe)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
[Hera] Ralts (F) <Synchronize> @Dawn Stone
Health: 77%
Energy: 53%
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Shadow Sneak
Status: Man, I am so cold.... ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralysed - Severe )

"Round five... begin!"

King sits up from where he was lying before (without even registering the lack of a Dawn Stone around his neck) and clears his throat. He prepares to turn on the charm as he steps towards Hera, only to trip and fall flat on his face. That's an impressive feat, given the great big red horn sticking out of his helmet. Distantly, he can hear Hera laughing at him. Incensed, the Psychic-type stands up and glares angrily at Hera, only to find that her eyes have turned a strange shade of purple. Colours swirl around her and King's English finds himself unable to tear his eyes away.

He wobbles and falls over backwards, snoring. Hera smiles and reaches out with her mind, ensaring the other Ralts' dreams. She lazily picks through them and selects one she particularly likes - it's one of her, how nice - and absorbs it, feeling the dream energy patch up her wounds. King's English merely twitches.

She then stands up and becomes a shadow of her former self before fading away entirely. There's a moment's pause where all that can be heard is King snoring, then Hera suddenly reappears and smacks King in the side of the head. She tuts at how weak Shadow Sneak seems to have been; he didn't even cringe!

"Round five is over!"

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 46%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Trip Over ~ Nothing ~ Nothing
Status: zZzZzZz ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused, Attracted + Asleep - Moderate) (Paralyzed - Severe)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Health: 84%
Energy: 47%
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Dream Eater ~ Shadow Sneak
Status: agh goddamnit Shadow Sneak sucks ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Severe )

Notes:
o Eurgh, remind me not to ref after a bowl of Super Noodles. Screws with my head, that stuff.
o Zora goes first :V

Last edited:
Ah gogdamnit, I thought it worked on sleep. That means I actually have to ref this round, doesn't it? 8V

(HEY LOOK GUESS WHO FAILS)

So I reffed and then forgot to save, so now I have to redo it. :x

Last edited:
OK then, ah...

Now then, we've done good here so far. Let's start off with another Shadow Ball, and then Return. Then Magical Leaf, just for spite. ;D

Shadow Ball ~ Return ~ Magical Leaf

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 46%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Sleep Talk/Shadow Sneak x3
Status: zZzZzZz ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused, Attracted + Asleep - Moderate) (Paralyzed - Severe)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Energy: 47%
Commands: Shadow Ball ~ Return ~ Magical Leaf
Status: agh goddamnit Shadow Sneak sucks ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Severe )

"Round six... begin!"

King's English twisted and turned in his sleep. He mumbled something and streams of white light materialised around the sleeping Ralts. They attempted to coalesce into something resembling a Dawn Stone, but the plan hit a snag when King realised that he hadn't used the item - it was still here, and unable to be recycled! The white light faded and King lapsed back into sleep.

Hera took aim carefully as she placed her palms about two inches apart. A small orb of light appeared between her outstretched hands, and it only grew larger. When it was a respectable size, Hera flung it forward. The Shadow Ball struck King's English and rolled him over several times, making the Psychic-type groan in pain. His eyelids twitched; he was not going to stay asleep much longer.

Hera smiled as she allowed all her thoughts to rise to the surface. They were mostly happy thoughts - her trainer was nice, the battle was going well, and-- her muscles locked up just as she started to attack. She froze in mid-stride, and closed her eyes. With a little gentle coaxing, she managed to at least sit down and wait for the paralysis to loosen it's grip.

King's English was not doing much better. Though he was close to waking up, yes, he was not fully awake. More mumbling followed and the Ralts staggered to his feet like something from a horror movie. His head hung limp, as did his arms, and he shuffled a foot towards Hera. She shrank away as best her muscles would allow, before laughing as another shuffle brought King's foot down upon a stone and tripped him over.

Now, she had her own command to follow. Magical Leaf. Her mind reached out and created a veritable swarm of light purple, slightly translucent leaves. She launched them towards her enemy with smug satisfaction, feeling her body lock up as she did so. However, the leaves had already been launched, and they lacerated King's body with intense force.

The sudden trauma woke the Ralts from his unnatural sleep, and he sat up. Shadow Sneak? B-But why would he want to attack his lovely Hera? She looked so pretty, sitting there with a smile on her face. He spent the remainder of his action watching her, while Hera fervently prayed for her muscles to stop being a--

"Round six is over!"

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 33%
Energy: 46%
Commands: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Nothing
Status: Still sorta sleepy. ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused + Attracted - Moderate) (Paralyzed - Severe)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Energy: 30%
Commands: Shadow Ball ~ Nothing ~ Magical Leaf
Status: Willing her body to stop being a jerk. Getting tired.( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Severe )

Notes:
o Hera paralyse-failed on the second action.
o Sleep Talk called Recycle and Return. Actually, does anyone have a sleep talk generator of some sort? I used random.org and a list of all the moves Ralts could learn to get these x.x
o Recycle failed as I interpreted it to only work if the item has been used up or otherwise destroyed, which the Dawn Stone hadn't.
o Return then confusionfailed.
o The damage dealt caused King's to wake up on the third action.
o Blastoise goes first, then Zora, then I ref and write far too many notes.

Use attract, and then spam charm as soon as she's attracted. Use Shadow Ball if you aren't in love any more.

Attract/Shadow Ball ~ Attract/Charm/Shadow Ball ~ Attract/Charm/Shadow Ball

Get in a quick Thunderbolt before he Attracts you. Maybe that'll cause him full paralysis and he won't get a chance. If that works and he's still attracted, hit him with Captivate, but if he's not, Hypnosis again will do just fine. If you manage to put him to sleep, then take a chill, especially because you can probably last through whatever he throws at you. If he's not asleep, another Signal Beam would do just fine.

Thunderbolt ~ Captivate/Hypnosis ~ Chill/Signal Beam

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 33%
Energy: 46%
Commands: Attract/Shadow Ball ~ Attract/Charm/Shadow Ball ~ Attract/Charm/Shadow Ball
Status: Still sorta sleepy. ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused + Attracted - Moderate) (Paralyzed - Severe)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Energy: 30%
Commands: Thunderbolt ~ Captivate/Hypnosis ~ Chill/Signal Beam
Status: Willing her body to stop being a jerk. Getting tired.( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Severe )

"Round seven... begin!"

Rather unusually, Hera manages to attack before King's English - possibly driven by not wanting to fawn over the other Ralts. She focused, begging the skies to send down a nice thunderbolt. The heavens are willing to oblige, and a bright bolt flashes down and strikes King's English for a direct hit. He staggers, blinking rapidly. Why did she do that? He's been nothing but nice to her! Maybe she doesn't feel the same way he does? He brainstorms compliments (and finds no shortage of them), but right as he goes to voice them his muscles spasm. Feeling the words die on his tongue, King can manage only a whine as he sits down and tries to coax his muscles to work.

After a moment to run through her commands, Hera decides on Hypnosis. Her eyes glow powerfully, but while King's English is very very interested in her, her attack fails. King's English becomes more preoccupied with imagining some things which are probably illegal in several countries. Hera rolls her eyes (now back to their original colour) and resists the temptation to smack him in the head.

Eventually she decides that enough is enough, and places her hands together. Then, she slowly pulls them apart, a red ball appearing in one hand, and a blue one in the other. With a thought she launches the two orbs forward, and they swirl together before smacking into King's head. He falls over quite spectacularly, flailing for a moment. Darkness shrouds the edges of his vision and he hazily doubts what Hera whispered earlier. Hera herself is gasping for breath and wishing she could rest.

"Round seven is over!"

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 13%
Energy: 40%
Commands: Nothing ~ Lewd Fantasies ~ Nothing
Status: ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) ( Confused + Attracted - Weak ) ( Paralysed - Moderate)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Energy: 14%
Commands: Thunderbolt ~ Hypnosis ~ Signal Beam
Status: i just want to have a nice long nap ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Moderate )

Notes:
o gog daaaaamn the RNG gods are being odd. Hera just scraped through all of her rolls, and yet King's gets a slap to the face and rolls in the tens. :|
o Zora goes first.

Last edited:
OK, I think you can take whatever he has to throw at you by now. Take a chill, OK? If he happens to not attack, take another one. Finally, Shadow Ball.

Chill ~ Chill ~ Shadow Ball

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 13%
Energy: 40%
Commands: Snatch ~ Snatch ~ Protect
Status: ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) ( Confused + Attracted - Weak ) ( Paralysed - Moderate)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Energy: 14%
Commands: Chill ~ Chill ~ Shadow Ball
Status: i just want to have a nice long nap ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Moderate )

"Round eight... begin!"

Hera sighs and sits down. She feels absolutely exhausted, and King's English can wait. Right now, she simply wants to rest and recouperate, all the better to smash his little perverted head in with a Shadow Ball later. However, right as she goes to completely relax, she sees from the corner of her eye a dark glow. King's English - despite the enormous pain he's in - is glowing malevolently, and just as her muscles relax the feeling vanishes. Instead, King's English looks curiously refreshed.

She grumbles - stupid Snatch - and tries to settle down again. Happy place, Hera, think of your happy place... She imagines a golden beach, with glorious sunshine... splashing in the spray... Hera is pleasantly surprised that she's actually succeeded in relaxing this time. Unbeknownst to her, King's English is lying a few inches away twitching in pain. His muscles have not been so lenient, and he can do little to help it.

King registers the next part of his commands and goes to form the green Protect bubble, but just like last round he is distracted. Hera looks so serene, just sitting there and enjoying the warm sunlight. He whiles away the time he should have been using to protect himself simply gazing at his beloved. His beloved, however, reluctantly stands up and dusts herself off before summoning a ball of energy between her palms. When it's large enough, she throws it at King's English. He catches the attack with his face, feeling the caustic energy bite into him like a thousand tiny needles. The force of the blow knocks him reeling, and he passes out. Hera smiles and looks incredibly smug.

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 0%
Energy: 56%
Commands: Snatch ~ Nothing ~ Nothing

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Energy: 17%
Commands: Chill ~ Chill ~ Shadow Ball
Status: Feeling relieved that the battle is proceeding. Still tired. ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed ) ( Paralyzed - Moderate )

Notes:
o aaaaargh so many exams. Sorry, not much time for reffing when you have four exams to revise for!
o Hera continues to pull through her rolls by the skin of her teeth. Seriously Zora, can I have some of your intense luck?
o Blastoise goes first, and I try to squeeze reffing in between my revision.

God my luck is horribubble.

Coronada go.

[Coronada] Misdreavus [F] @ Dusk Stone.

~Levitate

If she uses Shadow Sneak, go intangible for that action and move a few feet to the left as quietly as you can. Chills should be Sucker Punched. Otherwise use Shadow Ball.

Shadow Ball/Sucker Punch/Phase~Shadow Ball/Sucker Punch/Phase~Shadow Ball/Sucker Punch/Phase

I know dear, I know. You're tired. It'll be over soon. The way I see it, running out of energy is a lot less painful than being actually knocked out. For now, use Imprison to keep it from using Shadow Ball and what have you, then one more Thunder Wave. Then Toxic, finally.

Imprison ~ Thunder Wave ~ Toxic

Back
Top Bottom