• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blazhy vs. FMC

Oh yeah, Dragon, I just asked Negrek about the flinch thing (damn I feel like such a sore loser :< forgive meeee) and only the faster Pokemon can score a flinch. So yeah... Garnet should've gotten in that last Brine. (not like it matters much haha)

D:

D'you mind if I just edit the stats? Or do I have to write up the little chunk of text?

FMC said:
1 vs 1 Single
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Campus Green

The Campus Green is a nice place, where students can go for a walk, talk with friends, or just sit and think when they don't have classes. It's a large area, about the size of a football field, and covered in soft, short grass kept neatly trimmed. There are a few trees around, and some bushes lining the wall of the College building. There is a small pond in the middle of the field, ringed by large smooth rocks.

ROUND 6
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Garnet (X) <Illuminate> @ Water Stone
Health: 11%
Energy: 15%
Substitute (10%) ~ Chill ~ Recover
- Mildly pissed off, though it seems to have calmed down from last round. Grass-typed. (Light Screen in effect for the next round, Reflect in effect for the next 1 round)
+1 Sdef, +1 Def
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Cookie (F) <Battle Armour>
Health: 12%
Energy: 38%
Swords Dance ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head
- Smug. Paralyzed (mild)
+2 Atk​
Muttering something to the Trainers, the referee drops a flag and waves her hand. A transparent green wave washes over the battlefield, and Cookie and Garnet look up and yelp as the wave leeches health and energy from them. Did they really have to lose more energy? Really? A cut opens up on Cookie's side, and Garnet droops. Picking up her dropped flag, the referee nods as the Trainers command their Pokemon and she waves the flags, smirking as the energy condenses into a spark and returns to her. She'd be keeping that.

Garnet twitches, feeling its limbs become heavier, or seem to. This battle was going to end soon.. Though it was its job to keep that from happening, this round. Stall war! Spinning around, Garnet's core flashes and a glow comes over it. Yellow and green sparks flow from Garnet's core until it is coated in the stuff, and it spins round and round. Cookie blinks and looks away from the Staryu; her head's already throbbing and she doesn't want to make it any worse. The light begins to flow and detach itself from Garnet, and with a flash, there are two identical Staryus standing beside each other, one glowing slightly. The real Garnet warbles and disappears as Cookie looks up, and sees the Substitute there. Haaah.

Had anything happened? For all Cookie could tell, Garnet had done nothing but spin around.. Whatever. Its waste of an action. Blinking, the Budew leaps into the air and lands lightly on her feet. Jumping a few more times, getting progressively higher, Cookie drops into a roll and pops up, whirling like a leaf in the wind. The light-Staryu watches blandly as Cookie dances across the field, skidding in front of the barriers protecting it and leaving a trail of mud. Heheh. She smirks, feeling her limbs loosen up a bit, the paralysis starting to fade away.

Garnet, once again behind the referee, waits a moment for Cookie to begin to catch her breath. It seems they're both incredibly tired right now.. And its Trainer's commands were sounding really good right.. now. Appearing to fall over, Garnet lands gem-up and twitches. There we go. Falling into a kind of sleep mode, the Staryu feels its used energy come back, and waits. There's nothing else to do, is there? Its substitute could wait out Cookie's attacks, no problem. Right?

Taking a few seconds to catch her breath, Cookie looks up at the Staryu through the barrier. Ahah. She's seen that look before, so that's not Garnet.. another Substitute? When'd that get there? Narrowing her already narrow eyes, the Budew lets the familiar silvery liquid leak from her head-bud. She shakes her head to dry it, and taking a few steps back, charges through, or towards the barriers. She passes through the first with no resistance, though the second holds her in place for a moment. Cookie flails her way through the barrier, it not having done much to stop her. The adrenaline rushing through her from collected Sword Dances has made her strong, and she barrels into the Substitute headfirst.

It explodes in a flash of multicoloured light. Cookie yelps and stumbles backwards, through the barriers, as little sparks fly everywhere and Garnet appears in the midst of them all. It doesn't look too pleased, though it gets right to work. While Cookie tries to rub her eyes to clear them of the little spots in her vision, Garnet begins to glow brightly, a pale green that's more green than white. Cookie groans and looks away. She doesn't need more spots of light, she mutters, and Garnet flashes in amusement. A great deal of its cuts are healing, bruises are fading and scratches disappear. With a smug look at Cookie, Garnet stands for a moment-

Before falling over, completely exhausted. Cookie bounds over to the Staryu, pressing up against the barrier in her way. Was it.. knocked out? Did she win? The referee waits a few seconds before running over to take a look at the Staryu. It's knocked out, and FMC is the victor!

The Trainers exchange handshakes and recall their Pokemon as the referee counts out prize money. As the prizes are awarded and the humans disappear with their Pokemon, one of the screens, the light green one that was left on the field crackles and fizzles into the air. The students who've stuck around for the battle go on their way, and a few minutes later, the reflect screen disappears as well.

ROUND 6
blazheirio889(O)
staryu
Garnet (X) <Illuminate> @ Water Stone
Health: 51%
Energy: 0%
- Knocked out!
+1 Sdef, +1 Def
Full Metal Cookies(O)
fm-budew.png

Cookie (F) <Battle Armour>
Health: 12%
Energy: 29%
- "IwonIwonIwonIwon!" Paralyzed (light)
+3 Atk​

PRIZES
So, uh. The win goes to FMC~ She gets $8, Blazhy gets $3, and I get $5 for reffen'. Garnet gets 1 exp, and Cookie gets 2. Good game, good gameeee

Awww, crap, I forgot about the energy upkeep for the screens xD Good match, FMC! I'd call for a rematch again, but I think you'd like to battle some other people anyway, so I'll appear out of nowhere sometime later and bother you.

And maybe next time I'll battle you with a Starmie. Kekekeh. Or a Cradily, hm.

Whenever you feel up for a rematch, post a visitor message on my profile or something ;D And I'll note Dragon so she can pick it up the moment it goes on the Challenge Board.

Back
Top Bottom