• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

((So, I'm just supposed to sit there doing nothing for god knows how long while the others fight the Aryletthair beast and I rot in jail? That hardly seems fair! At least let me do it, coming out with heavy wounds and an arrow or two in my back! I mean really!))

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

(Listen to me VERY clearly. Very, very, very clearly.

Life isn't always so convenient. And neither is the RP. Just because you're bored or your character is bored and wants to fight, doesn't mean he CAN. In real life, people have to sit around and do nothing whilst others suffer! ALL THE TIME!

Look, I said I'd put an interesting character in the jail with you, I did. I tried to make it interesting for you. I TRIED. And I'll still try. But god fucking dammit, things in life don't always happen just because you REALLY want them too. Sometimes you just have to sit around and accept it.)

((Philly just come on! PLEASE! Arylett is trying to help by giving you someone interesting to be with! Would you rather be yelled at or go along and sit around with the drunk!))

((Okay, I oblige. But Arylett, you never made a post with a drunken inmate.))

(Yes she did, just let me find it . . .

EDIT: Here it is:
"All right, toss the bastard in." Yawned the bored security guard of the Arylettopia Jail, glancing briefly at Phillip's cell. Several members of the Arylettopian Police Force had come in, dragging with them a rather ragged-looking struggling ruffian into the cell.

"YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" Screamed the red-faced ruffian, he seemed quite inebriated. They tossed the yelling drunken man into the jail, even as he continued to struggle, and then locked up.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" The ragged drunk staggered clumsily around the cell, pounding vaguely on the bars, seemingly not noticing his new cellmate.

)

((Oh, so she did. Okay, I'm in my cell))

"So, what are you in for?" King Phillip asked the man that screamed as he was pushed in.

'AHH!' Eve screamed as the tentacle got a tight hold of her and she was dragged down to the sea floor. 'HELP!' she tried to yell but as usual bubbles came out. Lavender was currently trying to resurface for air and couldn't help and Eve herself was running out of air.

"We might do..." Cas whispered. Nearly all his hope had been lost, but as he watched, the second monster continued fighting the first, getting more brutal every moment.

"I'm not sure whether it's trying to save us or... steal us for itself..." he said quietly.

"What? How are we any more than a snack to this gargantuan thing? It's more likely saving us."

But is it going to win?

The bubble area began to shake and move around. The fight was getting worse, but with no signs of stopping.

All around her things were a blur. Eve struggled and struggled but the Aryletthair beast was too strong and Eve was in the mood to give up. The world or rather water, span and Eve was plunged into a world of darkness.

Arylett continued to nearly gape in awe as the Arylectopus' seemed tangled in combat, their Aryletthaired tentacles flailing about wildly.

"...Wow."

------
The drunken man turned on the spot, spooked by the voice that seemed to have spoken to him.

"WHO'S THERE?!"

"I am Ionius Phillip, King of Ionia, sister country to Arylettopia. I was forcefully put in here by the guards, who knocked me out and took my ring and sword. You are, I'm assuming, a drunk that was thrown in here for causing a bar fight?" King Phillip replied, not afraid one bit of the drunk.

Eve was trapped in the tangle of the two Arylectopus. She had fainted and next thing she knew she was still trapped. Scared, Eve fainted again.

The Arylectopuses continued, engaged in furious combat. They didn't even seem to notice that Arylett and the others were there anymore... she watched in horror as Eve got caught in the tangle of the curly tentacled beasts. Wasn't there anything they could do?

But wait... they didn't even seem to notice that Eve had gotten tangled in their fight... wait! Wait!

...Oh yes... yes... yes! An idea had been forming in that muddled Aryletthead of hers. What were they doing, standing around watching the fight?! The Arylectopus were distracted, now was their chance!

She prodded Castycal with a wing. "The Arylectopuses are distracted... now's our chance! We need to help Eve and get out of here!" The Bird-Queen kept chirping and pointing at the Arylectopuses and the spot were Eve was trapped. "They... are... FIGHTING... we... need... to... escape..." She then pointed another wing off in the distance, hoping frantically that he would understand.

------

"YEAH AN'?!" Slurred the uncoordinated drunk, turning back to the bars and pounding on them furiously still. He then seemed to have finally realized it was no use and stumbled towards Phillip. "AN' WHUT?! WHUT DO I CARE WHO THE 'ELL YOU ARE! I DIDN' DO IT, I DIDN' DO IT!"

...He seemed to have little idea of what even he himself was talking about.

"What didn't you do, Mister? And what should I call you. Crazy drunk guy seems a bt informal." King Phillips was confuzzled by the crazy guy.

Eve stopped struggling as she feel limp, too weak and energyless to struggle. She saw a blurred Arylett pointing to her.

Cas carefully watched Arylett's sign language, and vaguely understood. Fortunately, an idea had just formed in his head.

Tentatively, he poked an arm through the curls of the tentacle that had hold of them, and with a pulse of magical energy a handle, like that on a door, appeared on the exterior of the tentacle. With some effort, Cas twisted his arm painfully and grabbed hold of the handle, pushing it downwards, and then with his free hand pushed against the side of the tentacle - which opened like a door.

He began to swim as fast as he could, directly above the combat on the seabed, towards Princess Eve.

Princess Eve started to get faint again. The monster seemed to have let go.

Arylett watched anxiously as Castycal swam after Princess Eve. Her heart pounded vehemently within her chest, she hoped that everything would be all right...

-----

"OY! SHUT YER TRAP! AIN'T NO TIMES FOR NAMES, WE SHOULD BE GETTING OUT OF HERE!" The drunkard seemed completely inebriated, slurring and yelling incoherantly as he continued to pound on the bars of the prison.

Cas tried desperately to rip and tear at the hair surrounding Eve, and managed to form a medium-sized whole which Eve would probably be able to fit her shoulders through. "Try and get out," he called to her, but it just came out as a stream of bubbles. He noticed she had fainted, and had absolutely no idea what to do.

Back
Top Bottom