• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Body modification

Unless tattooes are something really beautiful I tend not to like them. Especially when it's a ridiculous cartoon drawing I suspect the tattoo's owner probably regrets. But yeah, go ahead, whatever. Do what you want to your own body. As for piercings, I don't like the idea of having any myself, especially on the tongue, lip, etc. but whatever. My sister has both of those and looks really cool, and is happy about them, so good for her.

Basically do what you want to your own body, but I prefer the look of completely natural bodies.

If you want to modify your own body then feel free - get all sorts of crazy piercings, tattoos, implants, scars, remove body parts, whatever. Just don't expect to get a job when you've got metal spikes poking out of your scalp.

Oh, yeah: no modifying anyone else's body, either. That shit's not cool.

well, you can burn tattoos off.
Then you have a fugly scar instead. Much better to try to get people to be sober before getting tattoos so maybe then they might avoid getting really stupid ones.
Well replacing a shitty tattoo with a huge burn scar isn't exactly a big improvement (unless it's like a swastika sleeve or a dick or something equally retarded to get drawn on your body forever)
Yeeaaaah, honestly I wouldn't want anyone to go to get a tattoo at any place that wouldn't ask "... dude are you sure you want this" but that's hoping too much. :(

Yeeaaaah, honestly I wouldn't want anyone to go to get a tattoo at any place that wouldn't ask "... dude are you sure you want this" but that's hoping too much. :(
don't underestimate how stupid people are when it comes to tattoos.
Like 50% of the time there's young people (14 or so) who get tattoos and then get cover-ups ten years later. Or people with shitty tribal tats. Or names. Or portraits (even when they're extremely well done they're gonna look creepy). Or anime. Or huge dicks or people getting raped or whatever. There's a host of terrible tattoos people get and the artist'll be desperate for money.

Plus if you want to get something terrible you're probably too retarded to consider that it might be a bad idea even if a very experienced artist tells them not to do it.

At least they were probably sober when they got the really shitty tattoos, anyway.

Hey, even if they're retarded enough to go "YES. YES I DO", at least someone asked. D:

hey let's not shitbag every tattooed person there are a fair few meaningful ones out there

my mom has tattoos, and they're really beautiful. flowers and birds, most of them. and two little gazelles. they are really pretty though.

i want sleves of flowers and nobody will stop me :D

I like most tattoos and body piercings - nipple and genital piercings creep me out though - and I really don't mind what other people want to do with their bodies. I'm not going to be waking up in their body everyday and having to put up with it, so it doesn't affect me.
I can understand why some jobs will make you hide or take out piercings if you're in customer service where people can see you, but if it's something casual or if you're on a phone all day I don't see how it's a problem.

I'd really like to get a tiny butterfly on each finger between my finger nail and my middle joint, but it'd probably be too hard for anyone to do and it would hurt a lot.

This reminds me of this guy at school who was asked to leave because he had a lip piercing - a two-inch spike. The principal said it was a health hazard and told him to come back when he had changed it.
He took a week off school. xD

I can understand why some jobs will make you hide or take out piercings if you're in customer service where people can see you

I don't. Is there something about piercings that horribly scars any innocent bystander who sees them?

everytime i see someone with a piercing or a tattoo, it scared me to death.

to the point where i just have to spoil the fun for everyone else, because i can't handle myself.

I kind of want to get a tattoo on my shoulder of some really hard puzzle. Like maybe just a couple different pictures, and I would ask everyone I meet "what do these have in common?" and it would be pretty damn hard. But I would not tell a single person the answer. The benefits are that it would be

a) a great conversation starter and
b) tons of fun, just to see how many people could get it in my lifetime and to drive my friends insane

However, I really hate needles, so for now this is just an empty dream.

see, i think that kind of stuff is fun. tattoos can be pretty awesome.

i want beautiful flowers still. haha.

I don't. Is there something about piercings that horribly scars any innocent bystander who sees them?

Well if you have a ton of piercings and are trying to sell something to a customer that doesn't approve of them it's more than likely going to affect your sale. Not that this is important if you're running your own business, because it's entirely up to you, but most any shop will want people to buy stuff, so...

So what it comes down to is you can't wear things because other people are narrow-minded.

Well if you have a ton of piercings and are trying to sell something to a customer that doesn't approve of them it's more than likely going to affect your sale. Not that this is important if you're running your own business, because it's entirely up to you, but most any shop will want people to buy stuff, so...
And so no one should hire minorities as salesmen because of all the racist people out there?

it's a bit arbitrary to say what "eccentricities" are allowed and what "eccentricities" aren't innit

So what it comes down to is you can't wear things because other people are narrow-minded.
Pretty much!

And so no one should hire minorities as salesmen because of all the racist people out there?

Both of us know there is a difference between wearing piercings and being some colour on the cultural rainbow.
That's just the way it is; I'm not saying I agree with it, but I understand why they do it. If it bothers you so much then either don't get piercings or don't work at one of those places. There are plenty of workplaces that don't have a problem with it; it's mostly large corporations that do.

Back
Top Bottom