• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEE-

Dar reluctantly turned off his alarm clock. "Uhg, that was the worst one yet," he grumbled, as he went to get some cereal. He thought about telling his friends about his nightmare. They had all lived on the same street, and eventually became close enough to tell eachother anything, although Dar was the newest one to move in. He had just came two months ago. "Lets see, Raisin Bran or Froot Loops," he said to himself.

Meanwhile, across the street, Ruby was having the same problem as Dar. Nightmares. She mumbled in her sleep, "No...portal...darkness...Dar..."
"Whats the matter, sis?" said Stevie. Ruby woke with a start. "Stevie!" she yelled,"Get out of my room!" After he left, Ruby couldnt stop thinking about her nightmare. She decided to shove it off and get some breakfast.

(I hope I did this right. This is the first time I've actually STARTED an rp.

(Yeah! It's fine. Good job so far.)

---

Masqueradu pulled himself out of bed with ease. He was a morning person, after all, and this particular morning he wanted to leave bed as soon as possible.

He was having nightmares again.
Though this one wasn't as bad as the rest, it still scared him.

Brushing the thought aside, Masqueradu floated down stairs and ran into Xavier, the first hallucination that he had encountered. "Mornin', sunshine," the hallucination said brightly with his deep Southern accent, "Nice day so far, huh?"

Masqueradu nodded. "Yes, very much so. I hope it stays this way."

He went into the kitchen and cracked a few eggs into a frying pan, ready to start off the day with a hearty breakfast.

---

After eating, the Chandelure floated back upstairs to his bedroom and put a few drops of Spirited Oil in his lanterns. As the purple flames flickered more violently, he placed the oil on his nightstand and looked out the window.

In the distance, he could see a few dark clouds.

He guessed today wouldn't be so bright after all.

Last edited:
Ally yawned.
"That was the best dream ever!"
Feeling happy, she floated out of bed and started eating a bagel.
While she was eating,something started growing out of her back...

As always, Lucidia woke up slowly. It was better than quickly, really - she preferred not to be startled out of her slumber. But she didn't get off of her bed yet; she liked to lie there and try to remember her dream for a minute. It usually made her feel more energetic later in the day.

Usually.

This morning was different.

The last night that never happened entered her mind's eye, and she rose to her paws immediately. She didn't want to experience such a dream again. Not like that.

Now that she thought about it, it might be a ridiculous concept - what Mawile in the right mind would try to kill her by throwing forks at her? But still, the thought of getting stabbed by a fork didn't exactly make Lucidia all that calm.

Despite the dream, she bounded eagerly down the stairs, and then slowed down. No breakfast yet. Perhaps she should take a walk.

The Houndour made her way outside, breathing in the crisp morning air. She was one of those early-to-bed and early-to-rise types; she didn't like staying up, but immensely enjoyed getting up early.

Kiara awoke from her most enchanted sleep. Kiara likes to sleep in a human form, so she stood up on her two human legs. As a human, she had long blond hair, blue irises, and freckles that ran about her nose. She was skinny and tall, for her age in that morph.

Kiara started to remember her most wondrous dream. It was.....dammit, she always forgot her dreams! After thinking about it for a while, she remembered it was abou her being famous. Oh how she wanted to be the the spotlight! Even though she was an Espeon, she could pull it off if she was in human morph.

After streching she started to return to her Espeon form. Morphing to and from a form doesn't hurt, it just....doesn't feel right. It feels like somethin should hur but it doesn't. Her human flesh started to grow fur as the skin peeled away. She shrank in size, as her rear end grew two long, majestic tails. Her legs and arms evened in size, until she was fully and Espeon.

She went outside, after eating a Poptart, and started to greet the other townsfolk. She decided to visit Ally, since Ally was the one that lived closest. She decided to pull a prank when he got to Ally's door. She concentrated on morphing into a Gyarados. Her legs started to disappear. Her fur fell out and scales grew on the skin. Her tail started to shrink and become basiclly two fins. Her eyes had lost it's serene beauty and became fierce. She finally grew in size, until she became the giant known as Gyarados.

She bashed her head on the door to Ally's home, snickering at this prank she was about to pull.

Ally opened the door.
"'ello,Gyrados. What do you need?"
Ally felt something on her back.
"Wait a sec, I need to check something in the mirror."
She floated upstairs and looked in the hallway mirror.
She had crystal wings.

Kiara was annoyed at how this pranked totally failed. While Ally left, Kiara reverted back to her normal Espeon form. Her scales turned to fur as her two tailfins turned into two long, pink tails. Her eyes returned to it's original beauty, as she shrank in size.

She sighed as she waited for Ally to return. Kiara put one paw on her face, impatiently. Something wasn't right. Her fur was glistening, which was something that it normally didn't do. She felt around her face more, and right infront of her eyes were a pair of star-shaped shades. She looked at her body. The fur on her body was also gleaming, and her tails have never been seen with such grace.

Kiara freaked out a little. Usually, only her eyes were beautiful in her normal form. But now her entire self was beautiful. She felt refreshed, like a star! Kiara recalled the dream she had.

"No...it's cant be my dream," she mumbled as she waited for Ally to return. She then heard a voice.

"Hey Kiara!" the voice yelled.

~~~~~~

"Flygons......Fearows......chasing me......NO!" Aura screamed as she woke up with a start. She never had a more terrible nightmare! Nightmares like this gave Aura head aches. She slumped out of bed, not bothering to get breakfast.

She went outside. Many Pokemon were flying in the sky today, despite the dark clouds that loomed overhead. Pokemon such as Swellows, Pidgeots, Fearows, and Flygons were flying around. She could have sworn the Flygons and Fearows were closer than the Swellows and Pidgeots. The Flygons and Fearows looked like they were flying....directly at her.

Aura started to panic, but took a few deep breathes. Being calm was the only way to become invisible. She concentrated as her entire being disappeared from sight. Thinking she was safe, Aura continued as normal. She looked behind her. The Fearows and Flygons were still charging at her.

Aura was known to be able to control pokemon, but only if they are really calm. Obviously, her powers would work at this time. She flapped her wings and started to fly away from the pokemon charging at her. She turned a corner into and alley. The flying types went straigh ahead, not knowing Aura was in the alley.

Aura looked out. They were gone. This was exactlly like her nightmare. "No, it cant be." she reassured herself.

She looked around more. She saw Kiara reverting back into an Espeon infront of Ally's door. Something was off about Kiara. Kiara looked like....well, like a star! Aura decided to talk to Kiara.

"Hey Kiara!" she yelled. Kiara turned her head to the voice. Aura walked over to Kiara.

"Kiara...you look like...a star! How did you morph into that?" Aura asked.

"I don't know. I morphed as normal, so it shouldn't have happened. I think it had something to do with my dream, but that's obsurd." Kiara stated.

Aura gulped. "D-dream? Hey, let's wait for Ally to come back, shall we?"

Kiara looked at Aura with a puzzled look, but Kiara just shrugged it off and waited for Ally.

Meanwhile, Sparky was tossing and turning around in his straw bed. He yawned, and then got up. It took him a few minutes to understand how terrible his dream had been. He had dreamed something like he was poisoned by a Garbodor, but he decided to just shake it off. He was that kind of Pokemon.

He opened up his cupboard and got out a raisin cookie. He started chewing, but then became very ill. Before going up to bed, he went and told one of his friends.

Then he was asleep.
***​

Candy poured herself some sweetened gummy cereal. It was her favourite snack, but this morning she wasn't hungry at all. It was probably because of her friend being very ill. She went outside and strolled, expressionless, down to where her other friends were.

***​

"Whee!"
Ally zoomed around the house,then stopped at the front door.
"Hey,guys! Look at these wings!"
"They're blue and shiny!"

Masqueradu floated outside and took a deep breath in. Ah, the wonderful smell of morning! That stench of the rotting Bidoof off in the woods kind of made it smell bad, but other than that, the Chandelure was happy for the most part. Seeing the distant storm clouds lowered the bar a bit, but he kept his cheerful face on and made the best of it.

Masqueradu drifted down the street, passing his friends' houses. He saw a few of them already out and about, and a few Pokemon were soaring in the skies. He waved at the Pidoves and Swellows and walked on.

Oh, what to do, what to do...?

He glanced his yellow pupils at a nearby tree and saw Xavier once again. The hallucination jumped from the tree, landing gracefully on all fours and stood up. "So what'cha doin' today, Sunny Boy?"

Masqueradu shrugged as he talked to mid air. "I haven't the slightest idea yet. Care to give me a few ideas?"

Xavier parroted the Chandlure's shrug. "Ain't got nothin' in mind. I guess we could just walk around and...stuff."

Seeing that as his only option, Masqueradu nodded and floated on down the street in silence.

Last edited:
(Aweosme new Username, Starwings/Mystic)

Kiara stared at Ally with utter disbelief. "And....d-d-did you....d-d-dr-" She couldn't make the word out.

"D-dream it?" Aura finished.

Kiara and Aura gazed at each other, then over to Ally. Kiara stared at Ally's majestic blue wings, whice Aura just stared at nothing.

Kiara had an idea. She decided to transform into an Articuno. Her front legs diappeared, while her hind legs started to turn yellow and use it's fur. Her paws became bird feet as one toe on each foot disappered, leaving three toes on each foot. Her fur fell out as herskin started to turn a beautiful shade of blue. Her tails enfused and turned blue, waving with serene grace. Her snout turned into a beak as a blue cown-like item grew on her forehead. She finally grew in size untilshe became an Articuno.

She turned to ally and Aura, breaking the silence. "Let's all fly together!" Kiara just wanted to forget this incident, and a long flight was he best thing to do.

The Chandelure paused as he looked at Ally's house. Aura and Kiara were there...And...What's this?

Did Ally have wings?

Curiously, he watched the three.

Masqueradu blinked when Ally rose up onto her roof.

He shyly waved to her and walked on with his hallucination closely following.

Lucidia took a deep breath in. The morning wind ruffled her short fur, and she forgot her dream for a while, calm as she padded along the sidewalk. The coldness of the morning was comforting to her face, still warm from being tucked into her fur for the whole night. It was refreshing, for lack of a better word. This was why she liked mornings. A smile crept along the Houndour's mouth. For at least now, she was pleased with herself.

Something nearby felt colder. A bit startled, Lucidia's paws froze where they were. What was the presence adjacent to her? It felt cold, and yet warm at the same time. It made her head spin when she tried to describe it to herself. She didn't feel scared, though - she kept walking. It was probably just another Pokemon going about its daily business. But there was always the possibility that...

Suddenly paranoid, she turned her steel-blue eyes in that direction just in time to see the jaws of something big flash toward her. Lucidia was used to fighting, but not being sneaked up on in the middle of the street. Without thinking, she opened her own jaws in response, catching the top half of the thing's giant mouth in an instinctive Fire Fang attack. The thing's snout was irritatingly long, so she aimed well; she let go and, rather bothered by the fact that some random Pokemon would attack her on the sidewalk out of the blue, let out a Roar move (more like a bark). The Pokemon, concealed by the nearby shrubs, scurried out of sight.

Puzzled, Lucidia's lips moved into a frown. If she was thinking right, had a Mawile just jumped her? Strange.

Shoving the incident out of her mind, she walked on, towards what looked like a Chandelure farther down the road. Whatever had happened just now was just a coincidence.

Masqueradu watched the Houndour fight the Mawile and blinked.
Had he just been hallucinating?

Xavier snapped his human fingers in front of the Ghost. "Yo, Masquer, let's go. We don't got a lotta time left, ya know."

Masqueradu turned to him and slowly nodded. "R-Right," he murmured to the imaginary human and continued to drift down the street.

Dar walks out of his house, only to see Ally on someones roof. "This should be good," he said. He wanted to tell them about his dream, but wanted to tell someone specific first. He saw Ruby coming out of her house, and waved to her and ran over. "Hey Ruby," he said,"I had the worst nightmare last night. I was walking down the street and something shadowy came out and attacked me, and sucked me into some portal thing."
"Really?" asked Ruby,"I also had a nightmare, but I was watching you get sucked into that portal you were talking about. Weird."

Suddenly, Candy floated up onto the roof and joined them.
"Hey guys! You'll never guess what happened earlier!"
"What?" they chorused.
"Sparky told me he dreamed he was being poisoned, and then he woke up feeling sick! He had to go back to bed!"
They all looked at each other. Their expressions were not good.

As the Chandelure was floating onward, he turned to Xavier. "I had the strangest dream last night," he said out of the blue.

The hallucination turned to him. "Yeah? And what was it about, Slipknot?"

Masqueradu knew that Xavier had better thing to do due to his sarcasm, but he continued on anyway. "Well, in the dream, I...I saw you, Cherri, and Celest becoming real."

"Eh?"
The two stopped. "All of us?"

Masqueradu nodded. Cherri and Celest were two of his other schizophrenic beings, but they didn't show up as often as Xavier.

"Well that's pretty out-there. It ain't gonna happen anytime soon, Dreamy Boy," Xavier shoved his tan hands in his pocket.

"I don't expect it to, quite frankly," Masqueradu stated calmly as he began to go again. "Despite the fact I'm a Ghost type, I don't believe in witchcraft."

To anyone else, it would seem like Masqueradu was talking to thin air. But everyone knew he had Schizoprenia. So it was no sweat...usually.

Back
Top Bottom