• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Brave New World

The fortress in Hearthome was a twisted structure on the inside. Corridor upon corridor snaked through the building, some ending in barracks, some in storage rooms, some in rooms that showed giant maps of places in Sinnoh, and some that ended in rooms where unspeakable acts were performed on the prisoners of war. One of these corridors, however, led to a vast room. In the middle of that room was a table that displayed not just a giant map of Sinnoh, but of the known world. At the end of that table was a large, black throne.

The Dragonite that usually occupied that throne was currently hovering above the chair with a thoroughly disgusted look on his face. Other pokemon that were seated at the war table - the Dragonite's lietenants - had more intent, focused looks; they were all focused on the mini statues currently placed on the Sinnoh map.

"We're still not sure where the Eterna forest-dwellers stand, sir," a Roserade said, tracing a flower along the edge of the forest, "When you made the 'call,' they swarmed the neighboring city and killed what humans they could find, but since then they retreated back to the forest and seem content to not leave; very few of them have gone as far as the Wayward cave, much less this city."

"The human settlement of Veilstone is continuing to fortify," a Pidgeot noted, "the Starlies near the city are reporting that at least once every week, new humans are entering the city."

The Dragonite's eyes narrowed, and he touched down in at the end of the table, "why aren't the Starlies attacking these new humans before they enter the settlement as per my orders?"

The Pidgeot looked up, "Sir, we were successfully doing so at first, but the humans adapted quickly - new arrivals are now guarded by very powerful pokemon; far too powerful for the Starlies to overwhelm."

"We could try bringing in stragglers from the south," an Ampharos offered, "many of the pokemon there -"

"Are far too complacent and are satisfied with the marsh they have," Jiongu cut in, "Our previous attempts to recruit most of them to our cause were in vain, and I see little purpose in wasting more resources trying to get to them. Let them waste away in their Marshlands. It makes no difference to me."

A silence fell over the room for a time. Then, finally, a Bisharp spoke up: "What of the forces on that subcontinent to the North? Surely there would be plenty of good recruits there?"

"I've received no word from the Psychic brigade we dispatched there," a Slowking spoke up, "however, I do believe travel to the North is an advisable suggestion - that is, the north past the mountain, in the tundra?"

"I do believe that would be an excellent idea," a new, whimsical voice cut in. All of the pokemon at the stone table turned to the entrance of the chamber - that voice came from a Chandelure that was even now floating into the room.

Jiongu's expression remained unchanged. "Accessing the north has so far proven to be another vain effort. The mountain impedes direct flight, and crossing the summit of that mountain has cost me the lives of many flyers, and our scouts reported that the initial attacks have made the tunnels inside the mountain very unstable."

"Well, there is a much easier way that would not require you to sacrifice flyers," Angon said casually, floating towards Jiongu all the while "fly north while not attempting to pass the mountain, then when you reach the coastline past the mountain, move west. The tundra would almost certainly be in reach from there."

Jiongu started to say something, but Angon cut him off, "Plus, I am sure that an addition of many Ice-types to your legions could very well oh so heavily tip the scales when we launch the attack on Veilstone."

There was a pause while the Dragonite considered the possibilities of this latest action. After another pause, he nodded. "Fine then. Send word to our strongest Fire types and Flyers. I want us to be ready to depart from the settlement by sunset at the latest."

Angon nodded, and started to float out of the chamber.

"Which includes you of course, Angon." That sentence made the Chandelure freeze in his tracks. Jiongu had the distinct impression that if the Chandelure had an actual mouth, the smile on it would be fading right now. "Do you object?"

"N-not at all sir," Angon said, "I will simply have to tell the other ghosts to put my current experiments on hold." Jiongu could tell that the idea of Angon abandoning his precious science projects was in fact objectionable, but the Chandelure knew better than to say as much. "Good," he growled, "you do that, then. As for the rest of you, send word out to the Fires and Flyers, of both this city and any that we have sway over in the wilds. Meeting adjourned."

Without waiting to see if any of the generals had any more business to attend to, he shot out of the room. The Bisharp looked at the opening that the Dragonite had just flown though, and turned to Angon. "When you see him next, tell him that a few of my scouts have possibly located where it is hiding?"

The Chandelure's eyes visibly lit up. "But of course, my informative friend. I'll be sure to do just that." And with that, he too departed from the war room. And after he was gone, each of the other generals of Jiongu's army filed out of the room, each with their own business to attend to.
----
"Did Maylene say who she was sending?"

As Robert was asking this question, he found himself zipping up his jacket, as the air around him had gotten very cold all of a sudden. Jack, for his part, paid the cold little heed. "She merely said she would be looking for trainers that she deemed as 'capable.' You humans are always very vague about what you consider to be 'capable,' so it could be someone as strong as you, or any common garden trainer. I would think, as a gym leader, she would likely see it as meaning someone that could fare well in a battle against her or her fellow leaders."

Robert nodded yet again, and suddenly found himself having to pull the brim of his hat down to keep his face from being continuously pelted by hail that seemed just as random as the sudden temperature drop was. "But I bet she'll mostly assessing us based on how we'll we've fought against the rebels, meaning that someone like me would... be going... up.. north."

Jack looked at his trainer with the hint of an amused smile as Robert finished connecting the dots. "If it's any consolation, this weather will be good practice for when we actually go north."

"You're hilarious," Robert grunted, reaching for one of the poke balls on his belt, "a real act, you know that? Have you been taking lessons from Supay?" He dropped the poke ball before Samurott could answer the rhetorical question, deploying a large moth with six orange wings.

"Helios, could you clear up this little downpour? Or whatever it is you call hail?" The Volcarona started to say something, thought better of it, and flapped her wings once. Upon doing so, the light from the sun's rays increased around the spot she was floating on, clearing away the freak storm.

"Hey, hey, don't nod off. We've got things to do if we're going to stay here. I wanna get them done!"

Peter tilted his head toward the complaining Emboar. Mac had been on his case for a while, and he guessed Mac had a right. "Alright, alright. Where in the city was this again?" He asked, slowly getting out of the chair he was in. "Down at the generators. They need one fixed. Might as well get down there and help! Come on!" Mac cried, snorting afterward in contempt.

Peter pulled his jacket on and chuckled. "You've always been one to jump on something. I guess you're right, now's the time, instead of sitting around. I mean, what would everything we've been through mean if we don't help now?" The Emboar nodded with a smile and led the way. Peter followed with a quick pace, and soon they came up on the gate.

Mac snorted, looking around. "It's near the gate here." Peter nodded, looking around. "Yeah, but I can't remember where."

He noticed the woman with her Seviper and the Abomasnow with a man on top of it and a Weavile nearby, and decided to try and catch any of them before they left. He walked up, Mac not far behind, and cleared his throat. "Hey," he started. "Do any of you know where the shield generators are? We heard that one was malfunctioning a bit and thought we'd take a look." As he said "we," he also gestured to the Emboar behind him.

"Besides, I'm sure at least one of the people in the city knows your name. You and Bryce were kind of a big deal in the Double Battle category. I didn't look too bad on screen, either, if I do say so myself." Xhan was still trying to convince Spencer to go into town. It was wearing down to the 'you've got a reputation' argument. He hated that one.

He sighed, turning a coin around in his hand. He looked around at the Starly seemingly minding their own business. There certainly were a large number of them. Or at least, more than there used to be in this area. "... Fine. We'll go." He pulled a Pokeball out of his pocket. Xhan immediately retreated behind a tree.

"Do I have to go in that?" He pouted. Spencer nodded slowly. Xhan groaned, and made a show of presenting his paws as though he was to be handcuffed. Spencer returned him to the Pokeball.

He started off to the not-so-distant stronghold. He had noticed some localized hail earlier. It was dissapearing, now, though. Spencer was happy for that. He didn't have his jacket anymore, and since then, the cold was a bit of an issue.

Just on the outskirts of Veilstone, a sinister figure stalked the perimeter. Opal, a strikingly pale Nidorina-Seviper splice was sneaking around, looking for suitable victims. Turns out Veilstone was more fortified than she thought, she initially assumed some humans would want out and would become easy prey. However, they only seemed to fortify further.

Opal wasn't really interested in the rebellion, not pretending to understand the goals and ambitions of the Pokemon. She saw the whole event as an excuse to kill as many humans as possible and provide a decent diet for once.

She was almost about to give up and just outright attack the guards when she sensed something! A human on his way to stronghold? The anticipation alone made her giddy. Nontheless she climed her way atop a tree, readying herself to strike, her bladed tail swishing in excitement!

Spencer was as wary of his surroundings as he usually was when Xhan was inside his Pokeball. He found himself glancing over his shoulder enough to classify him as excessivly paranoid. He began to spin his hat on one finger to distract him. Paranoia wasn't good for the mind. Or the heart, for that matter. It made his beat pretty fast.

But he managed to catch something out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head to fully face the odd looking splice. "Freaky..." He mumbled to himself. His hand in his pocket tightened around Xhan's Pokeball. He placed his hat back on his head, and glared up at the Pokemon. "Oi. Shoo." He waved a dismissive hand at it. "Go on. I don't want you here. Got places to be. Go be freaky somewhere else. This is a place for humans and their Pokemon." He wasn't sure if this thing belonged to any faction. It might just be one of the wild ones, but he doubted that. This area didn't have much of whatever the hell it was.

He wondered how much the "Less-than-friendlies" would want something like this. Probably a lot. The hand with the Pokeball in it slipped out of his pocket. More of a 'just in case' precaution.

Opal was a bit surprised she was spotted, not really taking her pale-ness into account. That wasn't really a problem. However what the Human said got to her. Really got to her. Really? For humans? And how dare he call her freaky! She was going to hide and wait to attack later but she was far too enraged to let this go.

Her tail flickered again and she leapt from the tree with a snarl, claws and fangs bared and tailblade coated in venom. Her leap was aimed to directly hit the human with a body slam.

Raicha was returning from another two day trip away from Veilstone. She hadn't collected any valuable clues relating to the rebel leader, Jiongu, but couldn't stay out on her own for any longer because she was out of rations.

The air was still and all was hushed as she scurried through the thick grass heading for shelter when her ear twitched, catching the sound of the slight whooshing of air from pattern movement. Nearby she caught sight of a jagged blade dangling from a tree, wagging like an excited Poochyena.

Raicha cautiously moved closer and realized a human was coming in the unidentified creatures direction, oblivious to the danger. Gritting her teeth she broke into a burst of speed, coated in a thick veil of electricity (Volt Tackle) to redirect the creatures attention upon herself by colliding her body with the enemy.

The sun had nearly finished creeping up from the horizon when Isei decided that he needed to stop ruminating for the time being; he could focus on that... incident at a later point in time, when he didn't have other matters to attend to. In this case, "matters to attend to" meant a quick inspection of the routes connecting Celestic and Hearthome. On this route he would of course cross through Solaceon, which in itself was another goal.

Of all the things that happened since the start of the rebellion, the fate of Solaceon had been the one Isei worried the most about since the first attack. He wasn't sure what worried him more: the fact that not a single Solaceon resident had been found after the Unown made their move, or the fact that the Unown hadn't done anything since then. Furthermore, he hadn't been able to come across anything during his investigations of the city.

Although that can be attributed to not having investigated the ruins themselves yet, he thought, floating out of the rusted gate, I've scoured more or less every house... perhaps today's investigation should be centered towards the ruins...

Yes, today needed to be focused a little more on finding out the fate of those in Solaceon. Isei contended himself with that idea as he entered the thick fog of the route, and deep down, a small part of his mind was congratulating him on finding a way to stop thinking about that incident for the day.
----
Angon was fuming - genuinely fuming - as he shot out of the fortress. It wasn't so much the fact that he would have to leave behind his experiments for a little while (though that certainly helped) it was instead the fact that Jiongu had turned the tables on him completely. Utterly. The Chandelure had suggested the idea of trying the north again at last night's report, and the Dragonite had shot the idea down. And now not only did he credit one of those generals the idea for going north, but he put Angon in a position to either leave behind his experiments for a time or publicly refuse an idea from Jiongu. And that wasn't a choice at all.

Still, this cloud had a silver lining. And a really great one at that. The news that they had finally located that creature... the potential ace in the hole that Angong had known about since before he arrived at Sinnoh...

If they could actually convince it to join the rebellion, then the attack on Veilstone would be a glorious battle indeed. The realm of possibilities that Angon could open with that creature... well, it would certainly allow for the subtleties and intricacies that Angon craved for the attack.

Which of course meant that Jiongu couldn't know that it had been located. Something as vital and delicate as this couldn't be trusted to someone like the Dragonite; someone like that would go and likely try frightening it into joining the cause. And Angon knew of this creature's behavior. Its ilk didn't take well to threats, whether it was to itself or others of its kind.

No, Angon would be going to this creature's lair himself. And he would have to do so before Jiongu decided to leave the city. Or worse, if the Bisharp or one of his cadre decided to tell Jiongu that it'd been located, and he went to try and recruit it himself.

With that in mind, Angon floated towards the heavily fortified gates of the city. He had some scouting to do - some preparations to make before he had to abandon this stomping grounds for the time being. He could focus on planning how to recruit it later. For now, he had other work to do.

((Should he encounter anyone on the human's side,bear in mind that the humans do not know Angon specifically from any other Chandelure))

The Weavile stopped tapping her claws, folding her hands in her lap. "Sorry. Just beena while since I've been out...and seen a working tv...and you know seen pokemon that aren't us or trying to kill him. I'm Bun by the way. The Bird is Bran and the only guy there is Vyne. He is very quiet and stuff so don't expect a conversation from him"

"That is being a bit rude now dear." chimed Bran, looking over Glum with a gentle smile. "Hello and thank you for allowing us to rest here. As you have heard, we've been running for a while. As my little hyper and rash friend here has said, I am Bran". Bran then slips her wing from the sling and stretches it, pleased that it had started to feel much better. She then coos at Bun, urging the Weavile to cuddle up to her while wrapping her good wing around her.

Kupo settles herself down on Payden, lightly 'petting' hey hair with a plasma-bolt and leaving little sparks of static in his hair. She looks up to Glum when the room darkened. She could feel the mood shift in the pokemon and it worried her for some reason. She has seen what had happened to the world since the event, but she still held hope that the world would be better soon enough if she just waited and hoped.

Surely wishes could still come true if you wish hard enough...right?

The Dusknoir gave halfhearted nods as the other Pokemon introduced themselves. He shook his head after a moment, and the room went back to a more normal tone of lighting. He then looked directly at the others. He looked over each of them, then faced Bran and Payden.

"I assumed you had been running," Glum said, directing the conversation toward both Bran and Payden. "Seeing your injuries and how you currently seem to feel.... I can tell you're all tired to some extent.... Except maybe you, Bun... but I may be wrong...."

The Dusknoir chuckled lightly, then sighed. He turned and floated toward the door, then turned back. He gave a curt nod to the group. "I am going to see if the others have been intrigued by your presence.... Stay here... get some rest while you can." Glum finished, waving a hand and then leaving, going back out into the rest of the Chateau.

Shawn was walking down the streets of Veilstone, lost in thought, over multiple things. Ugh, why can't I just die already? Shawn thought, It's better than just hanging around waiting for the sheild to malfunction. Shawn heard a small rumble, and stopped. The Absol looked around to see if anyone else had heard it, and another rumble occured. He looked down, and realized it was him. Yet another brand of stupidity. he thought. He spotted an Oran berry tree at the south end of town, and rushed toward it.

After he started eating, the hunger quickly subsided. Although, he did hear a bit of a commotion not far away. He looked, and what he saw alerted him. A strange Nidorina, who appeared to have a tail, was attacking a human! Shawn rushed over, and slammed into the side of the beast. "What the hell is wrong with you?" he yelled.

With the impact of both Raicha and Shawn hitting Opal at the same time, even a tough creature like Opal was thrown aside into a tree. The impact didn't hurt that much but it was enough to get her attention.

Opal quickly got up and snarled at the two newcomers, tail blade whipping about, ready to slice through anything at the slightest notice. "I could say the same to you too!" She snapped at the Absol "I'm just trying to get some lunch!"

Spencer stood frozen in place. One of the few times he found himself completely and utterly confused. The Pokeball sat idly in his hand as he stared wide-eyed at the three pokemon. He bit his lip, stared at the space between his eyes a moment, squeezed his eyes shut, and shook his head a little.

He dropped the pokeball, and Xhan materialized next to him, laying on his back with his legs sticking straight up in the air. Xhan blinked, shifted his head around, and spotted the other three Pokemon. He stared at the one who claimed to be getting lunch. "I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, do you really like humans? They smell funny, and I don't imagine them tasting very good." The Lucario stood up, wiping dirt off his scarf.

Xhan stared at the strange splice. "You look a little funny. So you're, what, some kind of science fair project or something?" There was genuine confusion in his voice. He scratched his head. Spencer sighed, pinching his brow. There were times that Xhan needed to get a bit more serious. Such as this.

Raicha was surprised by Shawn, an Absol, coming to assist as well. No matter, this enemy was not a threat at this point. Sparks danced at her cheeks as she stood closest to Opal, ready to retaliate when necessary.

'Lunch?! This human? That despicable creature...' Raicha thought. Her marble like eyes studying the features of the splice to analyze its physical advantages.

When Xhan emerged from his Pokeball, Raicha glanced back at him. That simple fool, blabbering such non sense. His immaturity was present but she couldn't blame him for trying to make light of the situation in such dark and gloomy times.

"That's enough," she muttered. "This one is took close to our safe haven. We need to take it down!" The lightning bolt at the end of her tail slashed at the air impatiently.

"It?" Opal growled "I'll pretend you didn't just call me that..." She may have been irritable but she wasn't stupid, three against one was just too much work for a snack... even if it was fresh and looked tasty.

Taking up a much less aggressive posture she paced around a bit. "And like humans? The only thing they're good for is meat. I don't see why any of your three are defending these things, especially after what they've to me." She again swished her tail about but less of a threatening fashion and more to emphasise her point.

Spencer sat down. This was something he'd rather not be involved in. When Xhan looked at him for direction, he waved a hand. That wave had, on many occassions, been a sign that said, "your call." Xhan turned back to the splice, and glanced at Raicha. "Well, it isn't as if there aren't hundreds of other little ones on the same side as her, is it? Everyone knows where Veilstone is, it's no big secret. Besides, I doubt she's going to attack with three on one. No need to try and kill her now. Even if she has a strange taste in food."

Xhan clicked his tongue in his mouth. "Humans hurt you? Maybe turned you into a hybrid? Well, whatever they did that was so bad, I'm sorry. I won't preach about the value of individual humans, because you seem to have already decided what you want." He sighed, looking at the Absol.

"I guess that means you two are on our side, eh? Well, that's fine by me. Very, uh, comforting, I guess. I s'pose if you really want to fight this one, go ahead. I'd rather avoid it, though. Fighting isn't what I'm best at, you know? I'm more of a distraction person myself." He shrugged, looked at Spencer once more, and got the wave again.

Responding to Xhan's insistence that there were hundreds of others on her side, Opal scoffed. "If you're talking about the rebels, I have no interest in their goals." She retorted as she whipped around the three at a blinding speed, by the time they'd have turned around there'd be two of her. (double team!)

Next she slipped into one of the trees, more copies coming from behind the bushes. "I'm just surviving out here, the other Pokemon are too unified to take down." She jumped from the trees along with the doubles, all splitting again as they descended "So I don't have an awful lot of choice, even if Humans weren't the worst thing to blight this planet."

By the time she'd stopped abusing double team, the three Pokemon and the trainer were surrounded by nine copies!

"But you know what? Maybe we can make a deal..."

L'Arc had been flying over the forest when she saw the light, closer to the city at the end. It was a brief burst, but brilliant and probably would have hurt his eyes had he been closer. The draconic Togekiss snorted and beat his wings faster, catching a warm updraft and gliding closer, gazing down at the trees below as he went. He had searched here before, and had not found his Vienna... But maybe she was in that old house? He hadn't gone in before, never really saw a need to. The Togekiss folded his wings and began a dive, reopening them in time to glide safely down, flapping his wings in a landing, ending up standing on his birdlike feet just outside the door, in the overgrown lawn.

He folded his wings up to his sides and flexed his claws for a moment, not terribly used to walking around much, but he was too large to fly inside the house, he knew that. The massive bird nudged the door open with his head, walking inside carefully, claws tapping on the floor. The building was dusty and unkempt, and no-one had obviously lived in it for quite some time, it was obvious. L'Arc sniffed briefly at the floor, before wandering over to a smashed urn on the floor, turning over a shard in his claw. Odd...

Spreading his wings again, the Togekiss flapped them a few times for liftoff, propelling himself up to the railing of the upper floor, since it was easier than wandering up stairs. He ended up making it, though rather loudly, as he grabbed hold of the railing and flapped his wings to steady himself so he didn't topple off. There were more doorways up here, but which to check first...? Where would his Vienna be? He remembered the signal they had developed back before the attacks, if anything bad happened to identify each other if they had to... Maybe that would help.

"...I am the white in the walls that soak up all the sound when you cannot sleep..."

His voice was a bit croaky, he supposed, but that's what he got for not talking for a while.

---

"If you cut me I suppose I would bleed the colours of the evening stars... You can go anywhere you wish cause I'll be there, wherever you are..."

Vienna sighed after finishing her song, resting her chin on her hands as she sat on a step in front of the home she was staying in. She watched Luce flitter about in front of her, the little Emolga always so cheerful, even now. Her other Pokemon were resting in their Pokeballs, and she didn't want to bother them, but she knew they were worried just like her. Even Luce was, really...she just didn't show it.

"Luce, where do you think they are...?"

The Emolga stopped her loops for a moment, settling down to the ground and folding her wing-flaps away. She scuffed the ground with her foot.

"I don't know... I think they're okay though! Don't worry, Vienna..."

"Well...come on, Luce, let's go for a walk," Vienna said, smiling a tiny bit and holding out her arm.

Luce quickly glided up to land on her shoulder, and the pair set out walking, Vienna pulling her coat around herself a bit more, Luce holding onto her head. There were pokemon and people around them everywhere, but she didn't start any conversations, they were surely busy with their own things. Luce did wave to anyone she saw, however.

Vienna sighed, and looked up at the sky a bit, singing softly again - it made her feel calm, singing the songs her mother used to sing to her, and her father would sing too but not quite as well, though none of them cared.

"It's quite clear that I'm stuck here, so I'll devise a plan and cut out a door in my new living room floor..."

The look Arkios deigned to give the Weavile was, at best, disgruntled. "Ahem," he parroted back, sinking back down to the ground. "Discomfort can be ignored, though I'm flattered that you're so worried about me~". The Weavile got a rather unnerving smile, baring those two impressive fangs and giving the impression that there was nothing the Seviper would like more than doing some hunting -

But the impression was ruined by Senica nudging him with her foot before she turned to stare at the flicker of light. That was his replacement, then? "Whether I saw to you or not doesn't negate the fact that my Pokemon is currently turning into an idiot." The next nudge was more of a kick, and Arkios hissed before slithering back to her, lifting himself until his head was uncomfortably resting on her shoulder. She didn't bother to move him, stroking his scales instead. She might have let him simply walk off if the gate hadn't proven to be quite a popular destination. A flash of sun off to the side proved that someone hadn't taken a liking to the hail, and someone else was walking up - entirely enough to be a distraction. Arkios viewed the new arrivals - some trainer and a bulky Fire-type, one of the ones from Unova - with clear interest.

"Why hello -" he sang out, interrupted by Senica rolling her shoulders in an attempt to brush him off. As he settled again, tail wrapping around her legs loosely, she ran a hand through her hair.

"Generators are to the northeast - if you take the main road from here and then turn left you should find them." She gestured vaguely in the direction indicated, and was about to wait rather impatiently for him to make himself useful and get to the generator he was supposed to be fixing when Arkios nudged her carefully.

"There are interesting vibrations outside," he reported. "Even if someone's hail and the shield is interfering... I think we have guests~" But the last word was far less gleeful, a low short hiss of warning that contrasted with his relatively smug appearance. That was enough for Senica to release her starter, red light flashing and taking on the shape of a Nidoking. Arkios tightened his grip in what was supposed to be a comforting gesture as Dhiren whirled around, large ears twitching.

"What is it?"

"I don't know. You might want to stay at your post..." she replied, half to the Ice-type trainer.

Peter nodded. "Thanks," he replied. "I guess I'll be heading that way." He turned to walk away, but Mac stood there, watching the gate. Peter turned and gave a beckoning wave. "Come on, Mac. You were the one who wanted to give a hand first... Wait, what is it?" He ended, watching his Emboar with worry.

The Emboar stared intently, seeming interested in an almost aggressive way. He was even unphased by the Nidoking appearing. "There's something up out there. Something. More than the hail and stuff. I just can't tell what." Mac said, snorting. Peter sighed. "Don't worry. If anyone will handle it, it'll be the guards. We've got our own business." The Emboar wouldn't budge, however.

"Well, looks like we'll be staying to find out what's going on." Peter said. He walked back over to Mac and also looked out toward the gate. "Whatever it is. If it's bothering our Pokemon, it's probably trouble."

Back
Top Bottom