• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Brock vs. Togetic

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: Lets be unique: 38and a half%
Banned Moves: Every Move
Arena: Lego City

Lego City is a nice peaceful town. Every building is made of colorful Legos. The town is mismatched and random though. There is a castle, a garage, a space center, a pirate ship, a police station, a jail, and a big Dragon that terrorizes people. Did I say terrorize? Oops... I mean... visits... people. It is a nice town. LETS FIX THAT!!!! The Battle will be held near city hall, and trainers sit on the steps of the building while the Pokemon battle in a clearing. In the clearing there are two towers. The towers are stable, but a powerful move will bring them down. If any Pokemon summons a move over 10% Power, the tower near them collapses, and they recieve 5% Typeless damage.

Also, there is a 10% chance an event happens each action. An event can be any one of these happenings:

50% - Citizens Start a Riot. The citizens don't approve of the destruction of the town. They will take one action (no moves are made) to inflict 2% typeless damage to all participant.

25% - The Dragon. Remember me talking about that dragon earlier? He swoops down and does 3% Dragon-Typed damage to a random battler

25% - Construction Fail. A skyscraper collapsed randomly on a battler and does 3% Typeless damage.

You Pokemon doesn't even have to know Metronome. Just make three commands (funny is win) and it is like metronome. (It is kinda like Zora and Dwagie's drunk matches)

EXTRA NOTES: All Pokémon have Infinite Energy. All Attacks that drain energy take health instead.

Brock's active squad:

- Nero (Genderless Baltoy - Levitate - Signature Move: Kamikazé)
- Cainus (Male Growlithe - Flash Fire)
- Diamondback (Male Seviper - Shed Skin)
- Ferno (Male Charmander - Blaze)
- Sleezy (Male Slakoth - Truant)
- Cybin (Female Shroomish - Poison Heal - @Toxic Orb)
- Kazza (Male Abra - Synchronize)
- Enduspelga (Genderless Bronzor - Levitate)

Togetic's active squad:

- Hastings (Male Tyrogue - Guts - @Muscle Band)
- Fulford (Female Growlithe - Flash Fire - @Fire Stone)
- Stamford (Genderless Bronzor - Levitate)
- Manzikert (Male Sentret - Keen Eye)
- Eggscalibur (Male Togepi - Serene Grace)
- Alnwick (Male Magikarp - Swift Swim)
- Ascalon (Genderless Beldum - Clear Body)

Instead of the coin flip, I was kindly talked by the not dangerous at all lego dragon into making it so:
- Togetic sends out
- Brock sends out
- I ref since commands won't be necessary

Well, I don't see any reason NOT to use Ascalon, and he could really use the EXP, so I'll send him out.

I don't care what the opponent sends out, so use a Spore just to get it out of the match. Follow up with a Fusion/Hydrogen Bomb. And just to end it all off, combine 400 grams of matter and antimatter together. That sounds nice.

Spore ~ Fusion Bomb ~ 400 grams of E=MC^2

I send out Cybin, my poorly named mushroom.

Ok. Spore, then earthquake, then Judgement, uh grass typed.

Spore ~ Earthquake ~ Grass Judgment

Also, thanks MF, I luv you for taking this. (Feel free to use the tazer that came in this battle's info kit for that last sentence.)

2vs2 single
EXTRA NOTES: All Pokémon have Infinite Energy. All Attacks that drain energy take health instead.

Round 1

Brock (OO)
Currently out: Cybin
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Ability: Poison Heal
Holding: Toxic Orb
Health: 100%
Energy: 9001%
Condition: Balancing the Toxic Orb on her head.

Togetic (OO)
Currently out: Ascalon
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Ability: Clear Body
Health: 100%
Condition: Not using Take Down.​

Lego City is a nice peaceful town. Every building is made of colorful Legos. The town is mismatched and random though. There is a castle, a garage, a space center, a pirate ship, a police station, a jail, and a big Dragon that terrorizes people. Did I say terrorize? Oops... I mean... visits... people. It is a nice town. LETS FIX THAT!!!! The Battle will be held near city hall, and trainers sit on the steps of the building while the Pokemon battle in a clearing. In the clearing there are two towers. The towers are stable, but a powerful move will bring them down. If any Pokemon summons a move over 10% Power, the tower near them collapses, and they recieve 5% Typeless damage.

Also, there is a 10% chance an event happens each action. An event can be any one of these happenings:

50% - Citizens Start a Riot. The citizens don't approve of the destruction of the town. They will take one action (no moves are made) to inflict 2% typeless damage to all participant.

25% - The Dragon. Remember me talking about that dragon earlier? He swoops down and does 3% Dragon-Typed damage to a random battler

25% - Construction Fail. A skyscraper collapsed randomly on a battler and does 3% Typeless damage.

You Pokemon doesn't even
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

In a place where all is made of toy bricks, three creatures of flesh stand out -- locals bet that they were not from that neck of the woods.

To the outsiders, a place entirely built of a single, multipurpose material can be really inspiring. Even those that are used to doing no more than flop about uselessly or tense their shells while praying that some force that be protect them from harm could suddenly start performing attacks they never, ever thought they could use.

The two trainers sat on the steps of the city hall's entry stairway. Both seemed grateful toward the referee -- one of them to the point of getting tazered for an unwelcome remark.

The signal to the send out was given. Togetic released a bizarre blue Pokémon that resembled a limb with an eye -- part of a more complex conjunction, maybe? In response, Brock unleashed a small, beige Pokémon with green spots and a dome shape, as well as a barely visible green underside with stubby feet.

The battle was opened by Cybin, who quickly spat a thick, purple goop that slid away upon its target, seeming to take no effect at all. Ignoring the effectless attack, Ascalon its single red eye and then vanished in the shadow of one of the towers. When he came out, he was a black silhouette, accompained by six others, in several different shapes. Two of them leapt out of the darkness to do a weak hit-and-run upon the Beldum's foe, and then all of them dissolved into the dark again.

When the dumbbell Pokémon returned, it noticed that a stained glass belonging to a church nearby was glowing strangely. Suddenly, the light sprang to life, shooting itself toward the unsuspecting steel-type and striking it right on the single, red eye.

Noticing that an aura was fading away from the hostile Shroomish, Ascalon unleashed an angry counterstrike. It floated as high as it could, and then started circling around to gain speed while gathering heat from the atmosphere and from the pleasantly warm sunlight. When its claws were red-hot, it quickly stomped its opponent, causing damage grievous enough to cause eye widening.

Hoping to somehow manage to spit something like a flurry of red-hot flames or even a harsh blizzard, Cybin sucked in a lot of air... But when she let it out, all that came out was a strong, swirling gale that hefted bricks from the ground. As the strong winds circled about, they picked up and scattered several pieces from the city.

At one point, one of the towers around the clearing had its base crushed, and the remainder fell down to smash the Shroomish on the head, only narrowly missing the referee as well. Also, the fluttering bricks flew in all directions, striking the Beldum, the trainers, the buildings and even innocent bypassers. The dragon, roosting upon a tall hill, simply watched the scene with amusement.

When the mushroom Pokémon finally managed to squirm out of the fallen tower, her head was covered in a purple, viscous substance -- which, for a second, tricked the spectators into thinking it was fungus blood. It was actually the spilled contents of the now smashed Toxic Orb.

Noticing an uprising begging to form, the referee hastily called for an end of round, only leaving enough time for a quick swipe of leaves that amounted to very little.

Round 1 – End

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 82%
Condition: Covered in goop.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 90%
Condition: Anchored to the ground, shaking off some mild dizziness.​

Arena status: There is a massive hole on the ground and several bricks scattered about the arena. Some bypassers with injured heads, as well as some owners of commerical establishments that were damaged by the windstorm, are not amused.

Additional notes:
- Cybin used: Sludge, Power Gem, Whirlwind
- Ascalon used: Beat Up, Blaze Kick, Razor Leaf
- Power Gem scored a critical hit.
- Whirlwind scattered bricks from the ground and from some buildings around and dropped one of the towers. Thus, Ascalon was struck by a flurry of bricks for minimal damage, while Cybin was struck by the tower crash.
- Not calculating energy is great.
- Brock posts first next round.

Brock (OO)
Shroomish

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

I knew a ref would love it.

Also... OW TAZERS F****** HURT!!

Why do I feel like I'll get Tazed again for nearly killing a ref with a skyscraper?

Is still lying in heap from Tazer ~ *BZZT* ~ *has a seizure from all the electricity*

So basically A Magma Storm, AeroBlast, then Draco Meteor.

And wewt! First round and You've already caused a giant hole (that's what she said) in the ground! Keep it up!​

Last edited:
Alright Ascalon, were going good. Lets just get some damage racked up with three FALCON TAKE DOWNS

FALCON TAKE DOWN ~ FALCON TAKE DOWN ~ FALCON TAKE DOWN

2vs2 single

Round 2

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 82%
Condition: Covered in goop.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 90%
Condition: Anchored to the ground, shaking off some mild dizziness.​

You Pokemon doesn't even have to know Metronome. Just make three commands (funny is win) and it is like metronome. (It is kinda like Zora and Dwagie's drunk matches)
Arena status: There is a massive hole on the ground and several bricks scattered about the arena. Some bypassers with injured heads, as well as some owners of commerical establishments that were damaged by the windstorm, are not amused.

-----​

After signaling for the beggining of the round, the referee did the best he could to curb the incoming revolt as the locals had a bad, bad feeling about the battle that was ensuing.

Cybin tried to lend a hand as well by letting out a ridiculously loud scream to scare the townspeople away; however, the shout had such a high pitch and such sheer loudness, that it actually hurt the ears of all those who heard it -- which did nothing to repress the anger of the locals. Even the Shroomish's enemy was affected, though to a lesser extent.

Ascalon decided to be helpful in a more violent manner; it began spinning around in the air, giving its foe a quick tackle before moving toward the masses for a series of bloody gashes thanks to three sharp claws.

Murdering the townsfolk could only strenghten their resolve, though. As desperation struck, Brock's Pokémon had the idea of doing something very, very extreme. With a massive surge of dark-type powers, she tore a portal to the dark world below the rioters, causing them all to fall into a deep slumber. The opposing Beldum was affected as well, and fell asleep too.

To ensure that none would awaken soon, Cybin proceeded to place mental locks in everyone, so as to prevent healing.

Round 2 – End

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 87%
Condition: Relieved that the revolt is repressed.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 84%
Condition: Floating and slumbering.​

Additional notes:
- Cybin used: Hyper Voice, Dark Void, Heal Block.
- Ascalon used: Rapid Spin, Flatter (failed due to sleep), Air Slash (failed due to sleep).
- FALCON TAKE DOWN is the best command ever.
- Raped Spin is offically the most awesome typo I've made.
- Togetic posts first next round.

Oh come on, Dark Void? Really?. Okay, we still got this.

Here's the plan. The moment you're awake, log onto 4chan, and display /b/. That should destroy the minds of everyone in the vicinity.

/b/ is it? CYBIN! When they wake up, display the ugliest thing that humanity has ever seen! MF! BIDOOF!.

((Did I just beg for another tazer?))

Also wewt! First Legendary signature move! If only you had Bad Dreams. Or alternatively, Nightmare.

And lol Raped Spin.

2vs2 single

Round 3

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 87%
Condition: Relieved that the revolt is repressed.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 84%
Condition: Floating and slumbering.​

Arena status: There is a massive hole on the ground and several bricks scattered about the arena. Several people lay asleep on the streets, along with several bodies split in half.

-----​

After one almost tazer-worthy remark, the battle resumed, with no regard to the slaughtered or slumbering Lego bodies.

Cybin felt a surge of fighting spirit coming from the sight of the innocents that she tortured for her own safety. She felt an urge to destroy more. But, she wanted to focus the wreckage upon her enemy. And so she did, by unleashing a wave of pure Fighting-type energy. Despite the damage caused, the sleeping enemy was still not awakened.

The Shroomish sighed. It was getting boring to fight against an enemy that never reacted. So, in a desperate plight for an awakening, she unleashed yet one more move usually exclusive to very specific beings; this time, pink speckles of light sprouted from the ground and gathered over her head, forming a massive blast. The task of carrying out this move seemed very taxing, even for a Pokémon with infinite energy. Nonetheless, she braved ownards and managed to unleash the huge ball of psychic power, finally snapping her foe back to reality.

Ascalon, once more with its single eye open, realized that it was time to counterstrike. It anchored itself to the ground again, gathering power from an underground electric cable (made of bricks, of course). The summoned energy was unleashed as a shining white ray that landed a solid strike, even going as far as cause surges of electricity to course through the mushroom's body, causing paralysis.

The crackling voltage locked Cybin's inner structures up, stopping her from performing further moves. The electricity on her body also gave the Beldum an idea. It used its magnetic proprieties to create enormous amounts of voltage around itself, blasting it in the shape of a ball. The erratic movements of the electricyt almost missed the target, but, in the end, it was another successful hit.

Round 3 – End

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 80%
Status: Special Attack 2-. Poisoned (Badly). Paralyzed (Severe).
Condition: Mildly toasted on the lower left side.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 65%
Condition: Still releasing sparks.​

Arena status: There is a massive hole on the ground and several bricks scattered about the arena. Several people lay asleep on the streets, along with several bodies split in half.

Additional notes:
- Cybin used: Focus Blast, Psycho Boost, Flail (flailed due to paralysis hurrhurrgeddit).
- Ascalon used: Magical Leaf (failed due to sleep), Secret Power, Zap Cannon.
- Ascalon was awakened on the second action.
- Secret Power on the second round caused paralysis. Not that the Zap Cannon wouldn't have caused it anyway.
- Cybin was fully paralyzed on the third action.
- Brock posts first next round.

Well crap. Rest, then Sleep Talk Spore, then Sleep Talk Pwnage

Rest ~ Sleep Talk (Spore) ~ Sleep Talk (Ultimate PWnage)

Alright, Ascalon, I want you to use the only move you know. Three times.

Destroy the World x3

2vs2 single

Round 4

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 80%
Status: Special Attack 2-. Poisoned (Badly). Paralyzed (Severe).
Condition: Mildly toasted on the lower left side.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 65%
Condition: Still releasing sparks.​

-----​

Ascalon bust the first move of the now opened fourth round. It seemed to still be under the effects of the lack of creativity that is to use Take Down all the time -- it started gathering electricty again, to form yet another massive ball. However, this time, the higher beings that control the random numbers were not as inclined to agree with this idea; the voltaic sphere's ebbs and flows managed to defy the Beldum's grip, blasting away from the intended target and into the ground, where it struck an underground wire and caused a local-range power outage, targeting even the city hall. Luckily, there was still daylight, so everybody could still see.

The people working computers inside the buildings, however, were not amused. They stormed out in large numbers, specially from the city hall. This time, Cybin could not stop them -- her paralyzed state had bested her. The trainers and referee could only find one soultion to the problem: shoulder-barge the large construction down, hoping that the resulting brick rain would smash the uprising into submission.

It did; however, the unmobilized Shroomish was as unable to escape it as the citizens, receiving some damage as well. She was still stuck in place as her foe grabbed a brown block from the rubble and flung it at her face, striking her left eye and making it harder for her to see.

To finish up, the dumbbell Pokémon floated as high at it could into the air, afterwards rocketing down "head"first with amazing speed, even gathering flames around itself due to the massive heat accumulation. The fiery strike was successful, but had such knockback, the reaction force sent the attacker hurtling backwards to fall into the pit in the street and hit it severely.

As it rose, it finally saw its opponent move again. Said movements, however, were a vicious swing with a blue brick that was being bitten on.

Round 4 – End

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 68%
Status: Special Attack 2-, Accuracy 1-. Poisoned (Badly). Paralyzed (Severe).
Condition: Hoping that the fallen blocks would keep the city folks under wraps for long enough.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 53%
Condition: Liked it better when no resistance or counterstrike was being offered.​

Arena status: There is a massive hole on the ground and several bricks scattered about the arena. Several people lay asleep on the streets, along with several bodies split in half. The city hall was reduced to a massive pile of rubble with countless angered citizens buried underneath. A local-range power outage is ongoing. The trainers are now standing elsewhere, as the steps were also covered by the brick rain.

Additional notes:
- Cybin used: Fury Swipes (Failed due to paralysis), Confusion (Failed due to paralysis), Crabhammer.
- Ascalon used: Zap Cannon (yes, again), Mud-Slap, Flare Blitz.
- Cybin was fully paralyzed on the first two actions.
- Zap Cannon on the first action missed.
- Construction fail ensued on the first action, targeting Cybin.
- Togetic posts first next round.

Wee this happens a lot. I am just unlucky. Okay, Cybin, stall for time while I go make a Mareep sacrifice to the RNG from Magma Storm or something.

Stall ~ I sacrifice a Mareep ~ Magma Storm/Other Awesome move

And since City Hall was destroyed, we can walk across the clearing (Dodge that Magma Storm that is trying to kill you MF) and sit on the museum's gargoyle thingys. The statues are replicas of Magikarp because they worship it and touching them is forbiden so get the Tazer ready to taze anyone getting near us. What? You want extra cash to play the bodyguard too? TOO BAD!

((And does togetic really need to even post other than to show he's alive/still here? It's not like we need his commands. But doing like 50 rounds without him is bad.))

Tough break, guys. I rolled Sheer Cold, and the random number gods actually want it to land.

Should I allow that, or reroll?

only allow if Cybin used it.

I guess allow it. The good RNG giveth, the Bad RNG Taketh away. Metronome battles are famous for this.

We all knew this might happen when we took this battle. So go ahead and allow it from me.

EDIT: MF, have you been giving Cybin health every round/action from Poison Heal? You haven't written anything in the reffing about it, but all the end notes say is Poisened (Badly)?

And I was all out of Mareeps so I used a Phesant. >_> I hope the RNG Gods like Game Fowl!
((Now that was just Fowl Play *Shot*))

Last edited:
Coin flip says yes, so, we have a consensus.

Also, Brock, yep, I've been giving Cybin health back for Poison Heal.

2vs2 single

Round 5

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 68%
Condition: Hoping that the fallen blocks would keep the city folks under wraps for long enough.

Togetic (OO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 53%
Condition: Liked it better when no resistance or counterstrike was being offered.​

Arena status: There is a massive hole on the ground and several bricks scattered about the arena. Several people lay asleep on the streets, along with several bodies split in half. The city hall was reduced to a massive pile of rubble with countless angered citizens buried underneath. A local-range power outage is ongoing. The trainers are now standing elsewhere, as the steps were also covered by the brick rain.

-----​

The situation was getting tougher. Angry citizens rose from the rubble, and angry citizens awakened from the grip of the dark world. Every last one marched toward the battlers.

Ascalon was the first to move, quickly throwing a white brick at the opponent's head. Said opponent's eyes were closed, and she was in a state of deep focus.

The trainers felt a chilling sensation as the temperature fell steadily, creeping towards absolute zero. When Cybin opened her eyes, a layer of frost had covered a wide range around her. Angry citizens, pesky Beldum, Brock, Togetic and referee alike were all frozen.

The Shroomish headbutted the ice to free her trainer, who in turn released his opponent from the icy predicament. By that point, it was too late to free Ascalon, so, it was simply recalled instead. The battlers thought and discussed for a while before deciding to let Metallica Fanboy out as well.

Everyone that was unfrozen marched away from the sheet of solid water, now reaching for a museum known for its beautiful, historical and sacred Magikarp statues. The trainers sat on the steps and the referee signaled. It was time for one more sendout.

Round 5 – End

Brock (OO)
Shroomish
Female Shroomish
Health: 71%
Condition: Happy to have put an end to the uprising.

Togetic (XO)
Beldum
Genderless Beldum
Health: 0%
Condition: Frozen.​

Arena status: The battle has moved to near a museum decorated with gargolies and known for its several Magikarp statues. The area left behind is covered in a large circle of frost.

Additional notes:
- Cybin used: Sheer Cold, Spite (failed), Roar (failed).
- Ascalon used: Ice Shard, Softboiled (failed), Fire Punch (failed).
- Ascalon was knocked out on the first action.
- Next round, Togetic sends out, then Brock posts.

I lol because 'The battlers thought and discussed for a while before deciding to let Metallica Fanboy out as well.' it took like two hours to decide to free you.

I luv your reffings MF. ((oh boy. Tazer round 3.))

Back
Top Bottom