• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

Moony's Automail Shop

In the the busy streets of the ASB Market place, there is a little shop that does complex modifications on your pokemon that will both strengthen and hinder your pokemon’s abilities. We can replace the limbs and other appendages of poor pokemon that have lost their own during the fierce battles they’ve faced. These modifications range from thin, light weighted materials to thick, heavy weighted ones. We also do repairs for $2 for Light Weights and $3 for Heavy Weights , with the wait of one day.

Light Weight Arm: A steel arm that is made out of thin metal, connected to the body’s nerves. This arm is light, giving the wearer a bit more speed than before by +1 as well as a heightened attacking power of +1 for all arm-related attacks. This arm is vulnerable to heavy damaging blows and fire-type attacks. This arm would last about 5 battle before needing repairs.
Price: $6
Wait Period: 1 Day

Light Weight Leg:
A steel leg that is made of thin metal, connected to the nerves of the pokemon. The leg is light, giving the pokemon a boosted speed of +1 as well a +1 attack for all leg-related attacks. This leg is vulnerable to heavy damaging blows and fire-type attacks. This leg would last about 5 battles before needing repairs.
Wait Period: 1 day

Light Weight Tail:
A replacement tail for the poor pokemon that had theirs removed. The light weight of the tail allows the user to hit the opponent quickly for 2% damage, but the user also has to be careful not to break it. This tail would last 3 battles before it needs to be repaired.
Price: $5

Light Weight Face Plate: A thin plate of metal wielded to part of the pokemon’s face, raiseing the pokemon’s defence by +1 for all attacks that involve hitting the face. This face plate is made from fire-proof alloy. This light weight item will last 6 battles before it needs to be repaired.
Price: $4

Heavy Weight Arm:
Made of thicker, heavier material than the lighter version, this arm boosts arm-related attacks by +3, but do to the heaviness of this arm, the speed of the pokemon is reduced by -3. This arm well last a maximum of 10 battles before repairs are needed.
Price: $7
Wait Period: 2 days

Heavy Weight Leg:
Made of thicker, heavier material than the lighter version, this leg boosts leg- related attacks by +3, but do to the heaviness of this leg, the speed of the pokemon is reduced by -3. This leg well last a maximum of 10 battles before repairs are needed.
Price:$7

Heavy Weight Tail: This tail is heavier than the lighter version, casuing the speed of the user to lower by -3, but on the bright side the tail will cause 5% damage to the opponent when smashed against them. This tail will last a duration of 10 battles before it needs to be fixed.

...I hope this is ok for a shop

The only real issue I see here is the "repair" thing; that's something that would be difficult to regulate as a business owner and remember as a battler, and I imagine the prospect of constant money drain might put some people off.

At current prices, overheads are:

All light weight items: $2
Heavy weight arm/leg: $3
Heavy weight tail: $2

Overall business price $25

...does this mean I'm approved?

As for the "repairs", that was a after thought when I wrote this up. Simply, once they have the metal limbs they'd want to keep track of how many battles that pokemon would have been in, and once the number stated above is reached, they just come back to my shop for a repair at a cheap price.

If they want a longer lasting limb, they'd buy the Heavy weight at the cost of speed. But if they want a limb that doesn't mess with speed, they'd buy a light weight that is light and thinner, thus it would be more breakable.

It's approved, yes; I'm just saying that the idea of repairs might turn some people off and would be relatively hard to keep track of, unless you noted everybody who'd ever bought from your shop and made sure they came back at the right times to get their stuff serviced. You can keep it if you want.

I'll keep this, and I was planning on keeping a record as well ^w^

Thank you very much. So, do I just post in the Bank that I pay $25 to get this started?

Altoram Dept. Store

Just outside the busy streets of ASB Central (and its regional border) lies a building the likes of which cannot be found anywhere outside a League-controlled region. Inside its doors you will find shelves upon shelves of... absolutely nothing. The rows are never stocked. However, customers never come for what's on the shelves, they come for what's behind the padlocked, sliding (bulletproof) glass cases: discontinued TMs.

You see, every time the Pokémon League decides that a certain TM has been around long enough, Pokémarts everywhere just ship them to storage houses in Orre or similar places. Altoram Dept. Store does not.

You see, since it's outside any League-controlled region, the Altoram Dept. Store cannot suffer any of the repercussions of selling discontinued TMs. The TMs are still quite old, however, and so they wouldn't function quite the same as one of the more recent TMs. For example, a Pokémon who is taught more than one TM move bought here can suffer from severe health problems, so using multiple TMs on one Pokémon is against store policy. Additionally, the TMs require a 12 hour warm up period before they can be used on anything.

Also, using a TM on a Pokémon who was discovered in, or has relatives that were discovered in the generation the TM was used in is rather pointless, as it is clearly not going to be able to use it. The same goes for a Pokémon that exists in a generation that has the move as a tutor. Additionally, a Pokémon wouldn't be able to even use one of these TMs if it does not have the necessary organs to use them (ThunderPunch Torterra) or the idea of the Pokémon would be simply batshit insane. (BubbleBeam Torkoal)

There is a list of the TMs inside the cases on the wall in order from cheapest to most expensive for the customers' convenience.

$4: Bide, Defense Curl, Dragon Rage, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Mud Slap, Pay Day, Rage, Snore, Sweet Scent, Water Gun
$5: BubbleBeam, Curse, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Metronome, Psywave, Swift, Teleport, Whirlpool, Whirlwind
$6: Body Slam, Counter, Detect, DragonBreath, Dream Eater, Egg Bomb, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Mega Punch, Mimic, Nightmare, Razor Wind, Seismic Toss, Skull Bash, Take Down, ThunderPunch, Tri attack
$7: DynamicPunch, Mega Kick, Sky Attack, Softboiled, Submission, Zap Cannon

Anything I'm forgetting here? :V

Stupid Walker, I wanted to include that in my business. Sort of mostly. D: Anyway.

This... is possibly a little confusing, but I just wanted to start working on this before someone else muscles in on me muscling in on Sireafi's business now he's not here. And I'm willing to bet the prices are a train wreck; I don't remember the PASBU prices so I tried my best to approximate something relatively fair, but feel free to adjust them as you see fit. No, really, please do it. Maybe tell me what I've forgotten about rules/requirements, because I know there's something.

...and I still want to be able to teach different-type moves but since you aren't willing to trust my judgment (now I think about it, neither am I) and it'd be a lot of work for both of us atm we'll worry about that later and get this stuff out of the way.

The Aurion Home for the Belligerent Elderly

Welcome to the Aurion Home for the Belligerent Elderly, where our motto is "Old trainers don't die, they just sit around in rocking chairs yammering about how much better they were than the young whippersnappers these days". Here we provide a nice, clean and quiet place for elderly Pokémon trainers to live out the rest of their lives in argumentative comfort. Of course, despite their insistence that "kids now ain't got no idea what the Dickens they're doin' with their Pokémon", our oldsters do enjoy visits from the younger generation; talking to the orderlies or their bedpans is only novel for so long, after all.

We appreciate young people like you stopping by every once in a while to brighten our oldsters' days, really we do. You should be aware, however, that "brightening their day" really means "listening to their constant shouting about your incompetence". It sounds tedious and annoying, and more than one of our orderlies has had to step in before a trainer has torn out an intravenous drip in frustration, but letting our residents reminisce about the good old days for hours on end does have its rewards. In addition to the warm, charitable feeling you will get inside from the knowledge that you've made an elderly person a little happier, you might just find an elderly trainer so convinced of your inability to train that he or she will beat you around the head with a cane or walker until you consent to let him/her teach one of your Pokémon a brand new attack!

Before we can give you your visitor's pass and let you in the home to cheer up a belligerent elderly person, there are a few ground rules we have to lay down in order to preserve the health of our residents.

- Because our residents are so old, striking up long conversations can put a lot of stress on them, and so in order to let you speak to them we have to charge you a little maintenance fee for an extra bottle of medication or so. The more complicated or powerful the move is, the more strain it puts on the resident to teach it and thus the more we'll have to charge for new pills.

- Obviously (due to the movepool mod restriction), only one AHBE move per Pokémon.

- Your Pokémon keeps its AHBE move even after it evolves.

- If you are dissatisfied with your AHBE move you must come back here to have it removed.

That should about cover it. So, are you ready to bring a little light to a poor elderly trainer's day? Wonderful! Choose a room or resident to visit and we can get started!

The Residents/Rooms

The Recreation Room: Same-Type Moves

The residents that can often be found puttering around here are a diverse group hailing from all over, and so trainers looking for a variety of moves to choose from should check in here first. Chances are that no matter what your Pokémon is there will be a resident who specialized in training its type and so will be able to teach it almost any move of that type. There is only one requirement: the Pokémon must logically be able to use the move. So, for example, it is fine to ask a resident to teach your Charmeleon Blaze Kick; you are going to get yourself caned if you ask someone to teach your Glaceon Ice Punch.

Well-traveled as they are, none of our residents (to our knowledge) have ever seen a legendary Pokémon and as such don't know anything about the special moves they might know. Moves that are exclusive to legendary Pokémon (Aeroblast, Crush Grip, Dark Void, Doom Desire, Heart Swap, Judgment, Lunar Dance, Luster Purge, Magma Storm, Mist Ball, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Sacred Fire, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend) cannot be taught. None of them have mastered the ability to teach Sketch, Transform, Conversion or Conversion2, either.

For Counter, Mirror Coat and Metal Burst, see the next room.

Prices:

Directly damaging attacks (Scratch, Giga Impact, Fire Punch): To determine the price of your move, take its base power and divide it by ten (round down if it ends in 5 or lower and up if it ends in 6 or higher). So, for example, Earthquake would cost $10; Comet Punch would cost $2.

Offensive moves with no fixed base power:
-Magnitude, Present, Psywave: $7
-Fling, Frustration, Grass Knot, Gyro Ball, Low Kick, Night Shade, Natural Gift, Return, Seismic Toss: $8
-Endeavor, Flail, Pain Split, Reversal, Trump Card, Wring Out: $10
-Bide, Spit Up, Super Fang: $15

Mimicry Moves (Copycat, Assist, Mirror Move, Metronome, Me First, Mimic, Nature Power and Sleep Talk): $7

Weather Moves, Gravity, Tailwind and Trick Room: $7

Stat-Altering Moves (Swords Dance, Tail Whip): $4 for moves that change stats by one level, $6 for moves that change stats by two levels

Direct Status-Inflicting Moves (Poisonpowder, Thunder Wave): $6

Direct Healing Moves (Recover, Synthesis): $10

All Other Non-Damaging Attacks: $8

---

Old Black Belt Nathaniel, Old Psychic Abigail and Old Ruin Maniac Calvin: Counter, Mirror Coat and Metal Burst

Powerful and dangerous moves like these can't be taught by just anyone. Cue Nathaniel, Abigail and Calvin: they will see one of your Pokémon and, if it has the high level of patience, perseverance, endurance and willpower required, will teach it one of these very dangerous attacks. Any Pokémon, barring those that are excluded below, can learn either Counter or Mirror Coat; only Steel-types (again, barring those excluded below) can learn Metal Burst.

If a Pokémon already knows at least one of these attacks it cannot learn another, as that would be too overpowered; so, for example, you can't teach any of these moves to your Hitmonchan, Milotic or Bastiodon.

Price: $15

---

Old Move Deleter... uh... he doesn't remember his name: Move Deletion

In the event that you've changed your mind about a move your Pokémon has learned here and would like to forget it, all you need to do is have a quick chat with... with Mr.... with this guy, we still can't get him to tell us his name. Five minutes into a confusing conversation with this poor, forgetful old fellow and you'll have forgotten the move completely! (Just don't talk to him for too long; you might start forgetting other things, too.)

Price: Free

---

Summary of Prices/Overheads:

BP10: 1/#
BP20: 2/#
BP30: 3/#
BP40: 4/#
BP50: 5/#
BP60: 6/#
BP70: 7/#
BP80: 8/#
BP90: 9/#
BP100: 10/#
BP110: 11/#
BP120: 12/#
BP130: 13/#
BP140: 14/#
BP150: 15/#
BP200: 20/#
BP250: 25/#
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst: 15/#
Offensive moves w/no fixed power: 7/#, 8/#, 10/#, 15/#
Mimicry moves: 7/#
Weather moves, Gravity, Tailwind, Trick Room: 7/#
Stat-altering moves: 4/#, 6/#
Status-inflicting moves: 6/#
Direct healing moves: 10/#
Everything else: 8/#

Kratos Aurion

Was waiting for this one. :D

Overheads:

BP10: 1/0
BP20: 2/0
BP30: 3/1
BP40: 4/2
BP50: 5/2
BP60: 6/3
BP70: 7/3
BP80: 8/4
BP90: 9/4
BP100: 10/5
BP110: 11/5
BP120: 12/6
BP130: 13/7
BP140: 14/9
BP150: 15/9
BP200: 20/14
BP250: 25/18
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst: 15/9
Offensive moves w/no fixed power: 7/3, 8/4, 10/5, 15/9
Mimicry moves: 7/3
Weather moves, Gravity, Tailwind, Trick Room: 7/3
Stat-altering moves: 4/2, 6/3
Status-inflicting moves: 6/3
Direct healing moves: 10/5
Everything else: 8/4

Startup Price: erm not sure about this - I'll say $60

Going to say up mimicry moves and weather moves etc. to $10/$5, stat-altering and status-inflicting attacks to $8/$4.

Overall business price $35.

A store that I want to run myself (>.> Now I just need money *goes to beg*)

The Ribbon Store

We sell many different kinds of ribbons here, blue silky ones, red rough ones, and even rainbow coloured glass ones (We are still trying to figure out why we decided glass was such a good idea). All of these ribbons are fairly unique, however. Why? They provide certain bonuses.

All of these ribbons count as Body Modifcations, as they are articles of Clothing that - due to unique properties of the inks and materials used to make the ribbons - modify the Pokemon's epigenome.

A Pokemon is assigned up to three ribbon slots, but due to their varying effects, this may be limited to two or even one. To help you make your decision, they are seperated into five classes.

D Class Ribbons have simple effects. They take up one ribbon slot, and are fairly cheap.

C Class Ribbons have slightly better effects. They take up one ribbon slot, like D Class Ribbons. They cannot be worn with an A Class Ribbon. They are cheap.

B Class Ribbons are fairly decent, and take up two ribbon slots. They cost a little more money.

A Class Ribbons are quite useful. They take up two Ribbon slots, which means. Unlike a B Class Ribbon, these can only be worn with D Class Ribbons. They are a bit pricey.

S Class Ribbons are the best ribbons out there, and as such, take up all three Ribbon Slots. They are very costly, but it is worth it.

The ribbons and effects are as follows:

D Class Ribbons:

-Pink Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Speed. Does not work if the Pokemon is Paralysed.

-Red Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Attack. Does not work if the Pokemon is Burned.

-Yellow Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Defense. Does not work if the Pokemon is Poisoned or Severely Poisoned.

-Blue Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Attack. Does not work if the Pokemon is partially or fully Frozen.

-Green Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Defense. Does not work if the Pokemon is Asleep.

C Class Ribbons:

-Shiny Pink Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Speed. Paralysis does not lower the speed of the Pokemon.

-Shiny Red Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Attack. Burns do not lower the attack of the Pokemon.

-Shiny Yellow Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Defense.

-Shiny Blue Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Attack.

-Shiny Green Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Defense.

B Class Ribbons:

-Cheri Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of shedding Paralysis at the end of each round.

-Rawst Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of shedding Burns at the end of each round.

-Pecha Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of shedding Poison or Severe Poison at the end of each round.

-Aspear Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of Thawing at the end of each round. Also, they are 5% less likely to be frozen.

-Chesto Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of Waking up at the end of each round. Also, a Pokemon who uses Rest, instead of being more likely to wake up, can wake up an action earlier while still being fully healed.

A Class Ribbons:

-Garnet Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Speed if their HP goes below 40%.

-Ruby Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Attack if their HP goes below 40%.

-Topaz Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Defense if their HP goes below 40%.

-Sapphire Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Special Attack if their HP goes below 40%.

-Emerald Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Special Defense if their HP goes below 40%.

S Class Ribbons:

-Rainbow Ribbon: This Pokemon, at the cost of an extra 2% Energy for every attack used, gets a permanent +1 boost to all stats.

-Healing Ribbon: This Pokemon, at the cost of 5% energy every time it is activated, automatically heals from Paralysis, Burns, Poison, Severe Poison, Partial Freezing, Full Freezing, and Sleep not induced by Rest. The ribbon is Activated if the Pokemon would be afflicted with a Status Condition due to bad luck or other reasons.

Costs:

D Class - $2
C Class - $4
B Class - $5
A Class - $10
S Class - $20

I'm going to have to say that any pokémon can equip up to only two ribbons. I don't want something getting a +1 to three of its stats whenever it gets poisoned. Two +1's I'm willing to consider. That's obviously going to mean some reorganization here, though.

>.< Should have guessed that I would forget something. You can only have one of each kind of ribbon on a Pokemon

I'm not talking specifically about the same exact kind of ribbon; I was looking at, for example, a pink-red-green ribbon combination for +1 defense/special defense/speed when a pokémon is burned. Or a garnet ribbon and pink ribbon, which gives a +3 speed boost if a pokémon is below 40% health and has any status condition plus paralysis.

The Ribbon Store

We sell many different kinds of ribbons here, blue silky ones, red rough ones, and even rainbow coloured glass ones (We are still trying to figure out why we decided glass was such a good idea). All of these ribbons are fairly unique, however. Why? They provide certain bonuses.

All of these ribbons count as Body Modifcations, as they are articles of Clothing that - due to unique properties of the inks and materials used to make the ribbons - modify the Pokemon's epigenome.

A Pokemon is assigned up to Two ribbon slots, but due to their varying effects, this may be limited one. To help you make your decision, they are separated into five classes.

D Class Ribbons have simple effects. They take up one ribbon slot, and are fairly cheap.

C Class Ribbons have slightly better effects. They take up one ribbon slot, like D Class Ribbons. They are cheap.

B Class Ribbons are fairly decent, and take up two ribbon slots. They cost a little more money.

A Class Ribbons are quite useful. They take up two Ribbon slots. They are a bit pricey.

S Class Ribbons are the best ribbons out there. They also take up two Ribbon Slots. Due to their usefulness, however, they are very pricey. Also, they can only be given to a fully evolved Pokemon.

The ribbons and effects are as follows:

D Class Ribbons:

-Pink Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Speed. Does not work if the Pokemon is Paralysed.

-Red Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Attack. Does not work if the Pokemon is Burned.

-Yellow Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Defense. Does not work if the Pokemon is Poisoned or Severely Poisoned.

-Blue Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Attack. Does not work if the Pokemon is partially or fully Frozen.

-Green Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Defense. Does not work if the Pokemon is Asleep.

C Class Ribbons:

-Shiny Pink Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Speed. Paralysis does not lower the speed of the Pokemon.

-Shiny Red Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Attack. Burns do not lower the attack of the Pokemon.

-Shiny Yellow Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Defense.

-Shiny Blue Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Attack.

-Shiny Green Ribbon: The Pokemon, when afflicted with a status condition, gets +1 Special Defense.

B Class Ribbons:

-Cheri Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of shedding Paralysis at the end of each round.

-Rawst Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of shedding Burns at the end of each round.

-Pecha Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of shedding Poison or Severe Poison at the end of each round.

-Aspear Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of Thawing at the end of each round. Also, they are 5% less likely to be frozen.

-Chesto Ribbon: The Pokemon has a 30% chance of Waking up at the end of each round. Also, a Pokemon who uses Rest, instead of being more likely to wake up, can wake up an action earlier while still being fully healed.

A Class Ribbons:

-Garnet Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Speed if their HP goes below 40%.

-Ruby Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Attack if their HP goes below 40%.

-Topaz Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Defense if their HP goes below 40%.

-Sapphire Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Special Attack if their HP goes below 40%.

-Emerald Ribbon: The Pokemon gets +2 Special Defense if their HP goes below 40%.

S Class Ribbons:

-Rainbow Ribbon: This Pokemon, at the cost of an extra 2% Energy for every attack used, gets a permanent +1 boost to all stats.

-Healing Ribbon: This Pokemon, at the cost of 5% energy every time it is activated, automatically heals from Paralysis, Burns, Poison, Severe Poison, Partial Freezing, Full Freezing, and Sleep not induced by Rest. The ribbon is Activated if the Pokemon would be afflicted with a Status Condition due to bad luck or other reasons.

Costs:

D Class - $2
C Class - $4
B Class - $5
A Class - $10
S Class - $20

Is this better?

Back
Top Bottom