• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

Unbalanced as in too strong or too weak?
Too strong, usually.

Could I add something to my business? I was thinking that customers could buy a bag, and they'd have three berries in them, and you buy it for around $12. You'd have an equal chance of getting any three berries in the bag. Am I allowed to alter a league-allotted business, and if so would this work?
Sure.

The Sense-Heightening Dojo
This business actually concentrates a Pokémon’s senses. This is a single-use attribute.

Services:

Sight: The Pokémon’s sight is improved. It will not be fooled by illusions (Double Team, Nightmare, NOT the ability) Moves such as Flash double their effects on the Pokémon (instead of -1 accuracy it's -2) Cost: $10

Smell: The Pokémon’s sense of smell is heightened. It is as if Odor Sleuth (minus the corporeality and stuff like Faint Attack) is in effect. If the Pokémon is ordered to sniff the air, it comes into effect. All moves that depend on smell, such as Sweet Scent, double their effects on the Pokémon. (-2 instead of -1) Cost: $9

Hearing: The Pokémon’s hearing is enlightened. The effects of sound-based attacks are doubled (This means if Pokémon A has the Hearing mod, and Pokémon B used Growl, it would be -2 instead of -1). However, the Pokémon is aware of other things i.e. if the Pokémon is on top of a geyser, and it is about to erupt, the Pokémon will get off the geyser. Cost: $9

Taste: The Pokémon improves its sense of taste. If the Pokémon uses a HP healing berry in battle, the effect is doubled. If the user eats a berry that boosts a stat by 1, it boosts it by 2. If the user eats a berry that weakens a super effective attack, it reduces it by an additional 1%. However, the Pokémon receives different types of recoil if the Pokémon uses a move like Lick on another Pokémon (for example, a Teddiursa with the mod uses Lick on a Grimer). For Poison types, the Pokémon is poisoned and 5% damage. For Fire types, it is mildly burned and gets 5% damage. For Electric types, the Pokémon is lightly paralyzed. Cost: $8

Touch: The Pokémon improves its sense of touch. Moves that involve hands (elemental punches, Wring Out, etc.) have their powered multiplied by 1.5. Pokémon without hands, unfortunately, are unable to receive this service. Cost: $9

Sorry, but I just don't see this getting approved. You're kind of not going much of anywhere with your edits; in the end it's remaining a collection of kind of strange, tangentially-related and vaguely defined attributes.

Would a business that creates specific relationships between given Pokémon as body mods be feasible?

Would it be possible to create a business selling max elixirs (and other items that aren't currently being sold in the Kusari-Mart), which decrease the amount of energy used for a certain move?

What about selling PMD-style items, like stun seeds (which would disable the pokemon) or blowback orbs (which would quite simply sent a pokemon flying)?

I'll just post the part I'll be adding, but if I have to add the rest of the business I'll edit it in, I guess.

berrybag.gif
BERRY BAGS - $12/$[overhead]

A stand in the back, operated by a rather shady man who resembles the owner himself in all but sunglasses and stylish blue trenchcoat, is bowed under the weight of dozens upon dozens of small burlap bags. Each tied with a bit of silk ribbon, the bags are about the size of a small apple, irregular and bumpy, and printed all over with stylized berries. The young man tells you in a low voice that each contains three berries, completely random in nature (wink wink) and ready to be used in battle. You pass him the money, he tosses one to you, and you check your luck.

:D?

What about Pokeball Seals? I was thinking that a Pokemon can have one Big Seal or two Small Seals on their Pokeballs, and each seal would have a different effect (the Big Seals would have effects of a noticeably larger magnitude). Ideas I was tossing around my head:

-Flower Petals: Small gives the Pokemon the ability Chlorophyll for the first full round that Sunny Day is active in a battle; Big gives the Pokemon the ability Chlorophyll for the full duration of one Sunny Day attack in the battle.

-Smoke: Small (Black) creates a Smokescreen in the arena for the first round of battle; Big (White) gives the Pokemon the ability White Smoke for the first two rounds of battle.

-Ele-Seals: Small lightly paralyzes the opponent for the first round of battle; Big moderately paralyzes the opponent for the first round of battle.

-Bubbles: Small attacks the opponent with a Bubble attack at the very start of the battle; Big attacks the opponent with a Bubblebeam attack at the very start of the battle.

-Fire: Small attacks the opponent with an Ember attack at the very start of the battle; Big lightly burns the opponent for the first two rounds of battle.

-Heart: Small lightly infatuates the opponent for the first round of the battle; Big gives the Pokemon the ability Cute Charm, which will wear off after it works once.

There are other seals but I don't have any ideas for them at the moment. Would this be alright? I was thinking around $5ish for the Small Seals, $10ish for the Big Seals?

I don't really want to add things that affect battles outside of the defined variables we have now, i.e. the pokémon themselves (since custom items aren't allowed). I just think it could lead to all kinds of crazy, sorry.

Would a business that operated like a 'classic' Game Center slot work? I'll give a loose explanation.

You walk into some flashy building yadda yadda, see a slot machine, put in a couple dollars (maybe 2$ or so), push a lever, three slots spin, by some form of RNG the slots stop and determine the Pokémon you could get. Depending on the rarity of the Pokémon, the machine asks for whether you'll pay for it or not. If yes, a Pokéball rolls out of a hole in the bottom of the machine and you take it home.

Obviously not refined yet as I said, but... can't hurt to ask.

Meowth's game corner already works more or less like that, if I understand what you're getting at correctly.

Ack, I somehow thought that was at the Safari Zone and dismissed the similarity. I also had this thing in the back of my mind that he's been absent for so long that it didn't matter anyway. @_@

How about something that somehow altered a Pokémon's stats for the better but also decreased another? Again, loose explanation.

You walk into a building full of seasoned Pokémon psychological experts; you give a limit of only one Pokémon, and depending on how many points you want to improve your selected stat (the smallest increment would be ~5 and largest ~20), pay and leave. You wait for around maybe two-three days before pickup while your Pokémon is reformed through pseudohypnotic persuasion. However much you increase a stat by, half of that rounded up would be subtracted from another stat.

:D?

Very few people actually use base stats for anything, so I don't think it would be much of a viable business plan. Speed is typically the only thing that really matters.

Really? Attack and Special Attack wouldn't arouse any sort of interest?

Because I would probably only include Speed, Attack, and Sp. Attack.

I have a question; how do you define 'custom items'? Would a Pokéblock fall under that category? Or is any item without a sprite considered custom?

Any item not currently sold somewhere (or a rare candy).

In other words, don't make businesses related to items.

Back
Top Bottom