• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calvinball Mafia

...oh, dang. It's been almost a week and a half.

Any developments that were going to occur already happened, anyway.

The people of the town decided to kill off the one who couldn't stop lying. "But you musn't! I'm innocent!"

BZZZT!

Phantom is dead.

48 hours for proposals.

The next morning, the people wake up to find that no one is dead. But that's not to say the night was uneventful.

DEAD PLAYERS, FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, MAY SUBMIT PROPOSALS. If they do however, they may not be revived.

Speaking of revival, Metallica Fanboy has been revived, and is free to submit proposals.

After the GM got done announcing this, a mechanical voice droned from somewhere.
System Message said:
I liek Squirtles is innocent.

Lastly, muffled voices echo in succession:

Redirect the woof detector to woof, making it woof accurate, leaving no woof for faultiness, woof make any woof attempts to woof or reredirect the woof detector invalid. In woof, I cannot use woof the woof until Day woof.

Dead players woof send in woof. However, if woof do send woof, they may woof be revived.

Metallica Fanboy woof revived as woof and given woof ability to woof proposals.

I could woof something useful woof my proposal, woof instead I woof like every woof proposal tonight woof be posted woof in the woof thread at the woof of the woof, with every woof word replaced woof "woof".

Broadcast woof results for woof liek Squirtles woof the town woof the morning woof (e.g. thread woof 4, post woof) in an woof interpretable and woof format, regardless woof my or woof being alive woof not. Block woof attempts to woof with these woof. Do not woof me a woof.

Discussion will take as long as it takes.

I dunno why the woofs are even important in the proposal about the dead people... It's already translated at the beginning of the post! I'd really like to know about the others, though, especially the one where my name crops up.

Some roses are red
Sugar is sour
Apples can be green
And a Grass-type is Houndour

Harebrained guesses:

Redirect the LIE detector to woof, making it woof accurate, leaving no ROOM for faultiness, woof make any woof attempts to woof or reredirect the LIE detector invalid. In RETURN, I cannot use woof the woof until Day woof. [Probably innocent, testing whether "woof" is innocent/mafia.]

Dead players CAN send in PROPOSALS. However, if THEY do send PROPOSALS, they may NOT be revived. [If this is mafia, it's probably to let Phantom (who was pretty much confirmed mafia) send more proposals, as imo the first sentence sounds like the proposal to the second sentence's condition; if it's innocent, idk.]

Metallica Fanboy IS revived as woof and given THE ability to SUBMIT proposals. [Anyone have information on this one? I don't have any ideas.]

I could DO something useful WITH my proposal, BUT instead I WOULD like every woof proposal tonight TO be posted woof in the GAME thread at the START of the MORNING, with every THIRD word replaced WITH "woof".[Assuming this is Eifie's due to wording, 'woof'. However, there are only 8 players alive, so 'every woof proposal' can't be 'every other proposal'.]

Broadcast INSPECTION results for I liek Squirtles TO the town AT the morning START (e.g. thread POST 4, post 39) in an woof interpretable and woof format, regardless OF my or woof being alive OR not. Block woof attempts to woof with these woof. Do not woof me a woof. [probably innocent, as ILS seems to be innocent and mafia wouldn't out an innocent]

(By the way, one of the above proposals is mine.)

Redirect the LIE detector to woof, making it 100% accurate, leaving no ROOM for faultiness, and make any other attempts to influence or reredirect the LIE detector invalid. In RETURN, I cannot use Hilda the pickaxe until Day Five. [Probably innocent, testing whether "woof" is innocent/mafia.]

Mai is innocent
I am innocent, too
RespectTheBlade is innocent
And chickens go 'moo'

;; too cute

I'll make an actual post tonight when I get home (and yeah that was mine, and the word you were wondering about was "player's")

Metallica Fanboy IS revived as INNOCENT and given THE ability to MAKE proposals. [Anyone have information on this one? I don't have any ideas.]

That one was actually me,
And as you can see,
It looks like DA has confirmed innocent us three,
Which makes this a good place to be.

Since there was only one buzz,
(I think that's what woof was,)
We can say that DA, RTB, MF, and I,
Are all innocent and should not die,
So 4/9 of us in the clear,
And the time to lynch should be near.

... Though I have to admit,
This game isn't that serious, nothing to really commit,
If DA wants, she can try to test everyone,
Though that's not a fun way to have won.

It's still a way to win!
That, I'm sure everyone can agree
Besides, if the mafia really wants to achieve
They can try killing everyone and me

Anything can happen in this game
Oh, prices there may be!
But I paid my price
And to that, I say whee

Even if I reveal us all
Only once may be lynched
And that alone
Should be a cinch

Wow, rhymes are hard
As you can definitely see
Good thing I'm not really forced to!
It's just fun (and that 'woof' I forgot should be 'me')!

If it were that easy,
the game would be cheesy.

I'm running the game
quite actually tame,

but I'm not a slob;
I am doing my job.

Light, is that supposed to imply
that something bigger is at work?
Or is it being read into by I
and you're just freely using a rhyming quirk?
A cheesy game wouldn't be fun
But there's still so much to do!
So much to be won!
I could be foiled with one simple move
So I'll use my detector for now
and see where that gets me
But exactly how
can we win and still keep the fun nigh?
Has anyone else an idea of use?
Or is all this just needlessly obtuse?

(yay, sonnets :V)

DarkAura: Redirect the LIE detector to DARKAURA, making it 100% accurate, leaving no ROOM for faultiness, AND make any OTHER attempts to INFLUENCE or reredirect the LIE detector invalid. In RETURN, I cannot use HILDA the PICKAXE until Day FIVE.

? [could only have been RTB, blazheirio, or ILS]: Dead players CAN send in PROPOSALS. However, if THEY do send PROPOSALS, they may NOT be revived.

Mai: Metallica Fanboy IS revived as INNOCENT and given THE ability to MAKE proposals.

Eifie: I could DO something useful WITH my proposal, BUT instead I WOULD like every PLAYER'S proposal tonight TO be posted woof in the GAME thread at the START of the MORNING, with every THIRD word replaced WITH "woof".

Alligates: Broadcast INSPECTION results for I liek Squirtles TO the town AT the morning START (e.g. thread POST 4, post 39) in an EASILY interpretable and UNDERSTANDABLE format, regardless OF my or HIS being alive OR not. Block ANY attempts to TAMPER with these RESULTS. Do not woof me a woof.

1. Mai - Innocent, if lie detector is correct.
2. Superbird - Unknown alignment. Dead. Slipped up d1.
3. RespectTheBlade - Innocent (I inspected him with my proposal n1.)
4. blazheirio889 - Exists.
5. Wargle - Maaaybe innocent. Dead. Heart complication d2. Probably a mafia kill to dodge docs.
6. Eifie - PUPPIES
7. DarkAura - Innocent, if lie detector is correct.
8. I liek Squirtles - Innocent (I inspected him with my proposal n2.)
9. Alligates - I know I'm innocent, but a mafia would say the same.
10. Aletheia - Inactive since the tenth, so dead weight unless that changes.
11. Phantom - Mafia. Dead. Lynched d2.

Cool list according to me: (also according to me is the fact that I'm an innocent and thus trustable but also uninformed and fallible)
Non-dead non-confirmed non-inactive people: blazheirio, Eifie.
Non-dead probably-confirmed non-inactive people: DA and Mai if lie detector did a bad; RTB in the case that someone tampered or he did a proposal to mask his alignment.
Non-dead confirmed non-inactive people: Me, ILS.
Dead non-confirmed non-inactive people: Superbird, Wargle.
Dead confirmed non-inactive person: Phantom.
Inactive person: Aletheia.

Maybe we could not lynch today, somehow convince the mafia in the spirit of More Fun to not massacre us tonight, have said More Fun, and vote to end the game once More Fun is had?

? [could only have been RTB, blazheirio, or ILS]: Dead players CAN send in PROPOSALS. However, if THEY do send PROPOSALS, they may NOT be revived.

This sounds scummy
And two have a defense
Plants think sharks are yummy
And blazherio has no innocence

(by which I mean blazhy is mafia)

(get your mind out of the gutter)

That was me
dead people thing was me

may I ask why me for the whole reveal doodad

also as I said in my first post I am a bodyguard.
I guarded Mai last night

this is free verse
i am poetry incarnate

Back
Top Bottom