• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calvinball Mafia

I guess I should also announce that Metallica Fanboy sent me a proposal the other night to get himself out of the game.

Well, I'm technically still in the game, just as more of a non-entity.

Also, I don't think I've done away with my ability to make proposals, so you folks better watch out if I'm in the mood to screw with people and somehow not getting my daily quota of that from the games I run.

The remaining players woke up to yet another day of Calvinball. The morning was peaceful in that there were no deaths. Yet everyone could sense that this was the beginning of Act 3.

Mai has been revived.

System Message said:
Phantom has targeted you tonight.

System Message said:
You have received an anonymous message:

You haven't been on for a while, but in case you're online before the day ends: you have to roleclaim this phase or you'll die.

As an explanation, my first proposal was to gain the ability to communicate out-of-thread, and my second was to see proposals others make. I received this last night:

N1 proposal: Make I liek Squirtles a bodyguard, and he has to roleclaim the following day or he'll die.

So you should post.

Also, you may respond to this, and that would be appreciated, but you may do so only once.

System Message said:
You are receiving this message because the discussion thread for this game (Calvinball Mafia) contains information about your personal participation in the game, and I'm too lazy to individuate the reasons why.

System Message said:
Though you are dead, you retain the ability to communicate out of thread and see proposals. Your backlog is being sent to an innocent determined by RNG.

System Message said:
One of Mai's proposals was, when she died, to have all her accumulated system and private messages passed on to a random innocent. The Random Number Gods have chosen you as that innocent.

System Message said:
For tonight:

N1 proposal: Make I liek Squirtles a bodyguard, and he has to roleclaim the following day or he'll die.

I propose immunity to night kills for the rest of the game, but still be susceptable to lynches an modkills.

Tonight, flip a coin to do one of the following two things:
-Heal everyone who would have died tonight unless that person who would have died is me (i.e. if someone would die who is not me, they don't die), but don't give me a username.
OR
-Give me a username with a 100% instead of 87.5% chance of being innocent, but don't heal anyone or do anything else.

System Message said:
N2 Proposal: Redirect the lie detector to me, making it 100% accurate, leaving no room for faultiness, and make any other attempts to influence or reredirect the lie detector invalid. In return, I cannot use Hilda the pickaxe until Day 5.

Dead players may send in proposals. However, if they do send one, they may not be revived.

I could do something useful with my proposal, but instead I would like every player's proposal tonight to be posted (anonymously) in the game thread at the start of the day, with every third word replaced by "woof".

System Message said:
Here are your messages for tonight:

I do not get revived, but I do regain the ability to talk in the thread. (I do not get to vote / my vote does not count)

Alas, a puppy proposal would be remiss tonight when Alligates has oh-so-cleverly allowed everyone to forget that she has not been confirmed innocent! I propose to drop by Alligates's window tonight and divine whatever it is that she may be hiding to the very best of my abilities - give me one woof if she is of innocent blood, two woofs otherwise! My puppy senses are, hopefully, too sharp to be fooled, redirected, or tampered with in any way!

All dead people's alignments must be revealed once Day 4 begins.

Broadcast inspection results for Eifie to the town at the morning announcement (e.g. thread post 4, post 39) in an easily interpretable and understandable format, regardless of my or her being alive or not. Block any attempts to tamper with these results, this proposal, or the execution of this proposal. Do not give me a name.

Also, Scott sends his regards. (link)

Eifie said:
*cocks head in silence* ...? arf?

That was very funny, whoever pulled the puppy thing two nights ago. Oh so very funny, woof.

I can't find a good puppy reaction image.

Also! (Sheesh is it easy to forget about things in this game.)

As people are approaching the area designated for Calvinball, a puppy comes running excitedly up to the GM. At the moment the sun dawns on the horizon, Eifie undergoes a complete, 100% transformation back to her human form.

Alive. :D

I might as well shed some light on the system messages:

"Phantom has targeted you tonight." and "You are receiving this message because the discussion thread for this game (Calvinball Mafia) contains information about your personal participation in the game, and I'm too lazy to individuate the reasons why." Don't have anything to do with me. We could probably assume who Phantom's target was, or they could say who they are, I guess. The second one was almost certainly Metallica Fanboy - er, Mafia Facilitator.

The rest, well, all had quite a lot to do with me. Amusing.

I sent the "anonymous message" to ILS (not so anonymous now); the death message was to me; the proposals were the ones sent to me and passed on to said random innocent (who seems to be Eifie); and, finally, the message from Eifie was from a PM conversation where I was trying to determine Alligates's innocence.

Alas, a puppy proposal would be remiss tonight when Alligates has oh-so-cleverly allowed everyone to forget that she has not been confirmed innocent! I propose to drop by Alligates's window tonight and divine whatever it is that she may be hiding to the very best of my abilities - give me one woof if she is of innocent blood, two woofs otherwise! My puppy senses are, hopefully, too sharp to be fooled, redirected, or tampered with in any way!

That sounded like a proposal she would make, and she confirmed it. She said Alligates was innocent.

Also, can everyone please list the proposals they made last night?

(This happened yesterday, and I was killed...)

Alive. :D

I might as well shed some light on the system messages:

"Phantom has targeted you tonight." and "You are receiving this message because the discussion thread for this game (Calvinball Mafia) contains information about your personal participation in the game, and I'm too lazy to individuate the reasons why." Don't have anything to do with me.

The second of those, I received, and I'm pretty sure several other people did too. I recall it being mostly the players who were dead at the time.

I'll talk more when I'm not on mobile, but puppies presumably have more important things on their minds, like bones and treats and that mysterious tail-shaped item that continues to evade their best chasing efforts, than coming up with reasonable proposals.

Bluh I've been trying to get my thoughts on today's events together in a coherent way for a while now. Anyway, last night I made a somewhat roundabout info proposal and got results that /may/ have implicated someone as mafia, but I'm not sure.

After a bit of thread-combing, I think it's a good assumption that the mafia recruited at some point during the game. If you go back and look at Phantom's lie detector antics, iirc the part about the actual detector being a "scum play" was buzzed at, and blazhy placed the detector - therefore, blazhy is probably innocent, and there was no reason for a mafioso to place a lie detector on one of her own anyway. She was the last person not confirmed innocent, so her death should have given us the win - but that didn't happen. Everyone alive has been confirmed innocent, but since innocents haven't won, the confirmations are incorrect or have been overturned.

We know that one living person was mafia yesterday, and it wasn't blazhy or Mai. This means that there is one living mafia today as well. Also, because of this, we cannot trust inspections from prior to yesterday night.

Assuming that mafia wouldn't bother with converting the dead...
Confirmed innocent: Mai (flavor; also, DA-inspected d2), blazhy (logic), Alligates (Eifie-inspected n4), Eifie (Alligates-inspected n3)
Everyone else: Superbird, RTB (Alligates-inspected n1, DA-inspected d2), Wargle, DA (DA-inspected d2), ILS (Alligates-inspected n2), Aletheia
Confirmed mafia: Phantom (flavor)

So, the list of living people who have not yet been confirmed by inspection, flavor, or logic as of yesterday night: I liek Squirtles, DarkAura, RespectTheBlade. I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Also, I liek Squirtles has a 7/8 chance of being innocent because I didn't include a clause about not giving me a name, and his was the one I got. Also also, Wargle is probably innocent (see: reasoning in list around page 7 or so).

I'm somewhat confused about the night counts, because I inspected you (Alligates) the night right before my innocence was announced by system message. That was night four, right?

Okay, Light, could you possibly clear up the lie detector thing? It keeps coming up in these lists and listing it as an inspection is definitely misleading. I don't think DarkAura's statements of Mai's and RTB's innocence would have had any truth value to the lie detector unless she herself knew for sure that they were innocent, and as far as we know she couldn't have. (The lie detector confirmed her as innocent at the same time that she made those statements, so she can't have been mafia and therefore known their alignments for certain that way at that time.) Is that correct?

Lie detector won't be set off by statements of which the poster has no clue, ie not lies.

Shoulda been clear enough before, but since it wasn't I guess I'll just be explicit about it.

Back
Top Bottom