• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Candy-stripe a cancer ward

Re: Beauty is a good letter of introduction

Whoo. Character design ramblings. So, I was trying to come up with Pentimento's design. So I went through a few concepts before finalizing it.

roark.jpg

First one. Looks decent but not what I want.

zooar.jpg

Decent again but even further from what I want.

80361947.jpg

Getting closer.

zczxv.png

And there we go. :v

:[ Art block. As a result all I've been doing is stupid sprites. Fff.

altakiss.png
gralie.png
celelf.png
artitot.png
kirlat.png

I am so lame.

Here's old-ish art. Fakemons that poop fire.

poopfire.png

fsdfsbdg.png

firepoop.png

Last edited:

... It is a zoroark. That post was all zoroark.

Er. Thanks though.

Ah, sorry. For some reason I get a not-Zoroarky feel from it. I don't know why.
...Darn, I just made a fool of myself didn't I.

EDIT: Wait what where'd my post go?

Huh, idk, I guess someone deleted it. o_o; Weird.

How do you get both a zoroark and not-zoroark feel from it?

I don't know, really. When I looked at it my first reaction was "that's not a Zoroark" for some reason then I looked again and was like "but it looks so much like one" and it was confusing. Hlurghblughrle.

...Yeah, I'll be going now.

grah i can't crit but i love that giaffeathing

and sprites ffff there's something i love

The only one I'm really not fond of is the kricketot/articuno one. Its feet are waaaay too big.

also sprites aren't stupid ;m;

I like big feet. :[

I consider sprites to be more of a, well, useless art. Splicing pokemon really has no use. Making scratch sprites improves your skill, and that's used in actual games, but splicing pokemon is just a super-nerdy pasttime. :v

That said, if you want sprites, I have many. Most of them suck. But they're all scratch.

firepoopsprite.png
squipsprite.png
flowtsprite.png
toxidesprite.png
obteucesprite.png
essectresprite.png
shraithsprite.png

sharikesprite.png
felioxsprite.png
ferocismsprite.png

Whoo.

Eeeee, I love the fire-horses, they're wonderful <3 I think it's a shame we only got two horses in the whole Pokemon canon (oh god, correct me if I'm wrong) and they basically look the same. Yours are way cooler B)
I also want Leafeon to evolve into your second-to-last scratch sprite.

I don't even like Zoroark much, but I enjoyed all your 'sona pictures. I think I like the second one best, but they're all pretty wonderful. What did you do them with?

The fire-horse-cow-bull things are actually based on a legend of fire-pooping things whose name I can't recall at the moment. Er, I'll ask gew later. :v Err. But I agree they're totally cooler than rapidash, even though rapidash is cool. And I'm biased. Hrr.

And the grass-type sprites are fossas! Why no fossa pokemons. :[

feliox.png

Feliox.

ferocism.png

Ferocism.

:D

I wasn't a huge fan of zoroark until its awesomness was pointed out to me, tbh. Also it's technically not my sona; I've sort of dropped the use of a fur/per/pokesona in general and just use characters. :v Some of which represent different parts of my personality, as most characters tend to do. Er, what do you mean by what did I do with them?

I think she said "do them with", like, what art program/techniques did you use--they look sketchier than most of what you usually do. (And are awesome--I was wondering what a pentimento was, hurr. Now I know and now I like.)

Also: craise line = bonnacons. Unless Kusari knows of some other creature with incendiary excrement of which I am unaware.

I've already seen most of these over at Kutho, but <3 and still do want. Mitch needs to get out of the hospital already and go catch a craise because for srs really do want. (That and sharike and that indrat thing I totally missed hey why don't you post those next?)

Oic I did those in Corel Painter, which I recently got and have been playing with. It's super fun and great for more artsy-stuff than photoshops. Oh and yes t'is the bonnacon. How am I supposed to remember a name like that? :[ I barely remember my brothers' names.

Fratice say and I do. :o

sharike.png

Sharike.

savalisk.png

Savalisk.

dealta.png

Dealta. :D I so want one of these. Just barely fat enough to fly on.

indrat.png

Indrat.

quarlash.png

Quarlash. Kangaskhan just don't cut it.

We both need craise. :[ Incendiary poo ftw. I don't know why Sol had a problem with that poo chart. Really.

I think she said "do them with", like, what art program/techniques did you use--they look sketchier than most of what you usually do. (And are awesome--I was wondering what a pentimento was, hurr. Now I know and now I like.)

Yeah, that was it. I'm fascinated by people who can use so many different media - things like spiriting and digital art go right over my head.

I found out what a pentimento was the other week, too! It was very exciting.

I want one o' them Dealta thingies, too. I love the blue/icy feathers on its head, and the more autumnal feathers on its prevo.

The face of the first fossa 'mon is so, so cute. I could just stare at it...

Actually :D Dealta and Savalisk are split evolutions; if Sharike has Pure Power it evolves into Dealta, with Huge Power it evolves into Savalisk. They're cool. Cool species. *bias*

Anyhow I actually share your jealousy. I'm rather restricted to digital media and people who can paint and stuff with traditional media just make me go :[ with jealousy. But thank yous. <3

Hr. Random image.

sue.png

Get it. Hahaha. ... yeah.

Hrr. And something new. Still art block but I'm working with colours.

vahar33a.png

It's uh, a pixel-over of the platinum sprite, resized bigger. :v

Last edited:
gon.png

Another pixel over. I'll get over this art block soon. :\

kurtbreon.png

Old but. Eh. Still relevant.

Another pixel over.

nine.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom