• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia [Game Thread]

Let's at least post our nightly incomes. That way, we can beat out at least one of the requirements of the auto lynch.

I earn $15 a night.

Can we pay to extend the day phase?

Hmm, I had a thought, if not voting puts a vote of your income (and multiplied later on), what happens if the Mafia doesn't vote since they have none? If they aren't highlighted at night for not voting that kind of reveals them

ZM's cleared of any suspicion. In the signup thread, it says all investigations are guaranteed to be sane.

People who have voted:
-Superbird
-Lilycolo
-ILS, yours truly
-Zexion
-VM
-Wargle
-ZM

Neither DA or Butterfree voted that first day. That means...
phoenix-objecting.gif

one of them is mafia!

sorry... just couldn't resist...

$10 on Butterfree!

Well, I didn't have any money the first day. Even though I put up zero bucks for an abstain, since I didn't realize people without any money didn't have to put in a vote, but whatever.

Eh, I might as well roleclaim. I wanna be useful in at least one mafia game, soo...

I'm the Presidential Nominee, and I get my income from adding people to my phone fundraising list and calling them up to convince them to give a fraction of their money to me (it gets smaller the more people I add). On Night 0, I added Buttefree to my phone list and got zero dollars from her. Night 1, I added Lilycolo and got a collective two bucks from them. Night 2, I added ILS and got a collective six dollars from the three of them.

So now I have $7 (since I spent a dollar last day phase), and I'm kinda wondering if there's another presidential nominee, since I can't just be running unopposed, can I?

And if my math is right, I don't believe Buttefree had any money to give at all. That might mean that she spent the nights killing/poisoning people instead of getting money. oh god, does that mean another person's getting poisoned to death at the end of the day, since no one's died last night??

The citizens of Capitalismville are quieter today than before, but late in the day a sudden rush of activity turns the vote against one of their own — for the first time based on the city's suspicions, rather than the FBI's draconic penalties on inactivity. Even so, some of the townspeople don't heed their fellows' deaths and fail to vote.

In another first for the city, the vote remains as originally announced, with no adjustments.

ABSTAIN — $1
BUTTERFREE — $11
ZEXION — $8
LILYCOLO — $5

Butterfree's face is an unreadable mixture of emotions as the sniper's dot appears on her forehead and the gunshot cracks through the air. When the FBI agents swarm in to take away her body, they find an improbable number of knives concealed in her clothing. The citizens shudder as the true deadliness of their foes is revealed.

Butterfree, the Crime Ring Assassin, is dead.
She was scum.

That deadliness is demonstrated even further as one of the upstanding, respected politicians of the city falls to the floor as well. Like Altissimo, her autopsy reveals her to have been poisoned.

DarkAura, the Presidential Candidate, is dead.
She was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

In the morning, once again, nobody is dead, but several people report missing money from their bank accounts, so the citizens of Capitalismville head to town hall again for another vote.

No one has died.
48 hours for day phase discussion.

Many thanks to the healer! I survived the night because of you.
I lost part of my money to the heal, and the other 10 dollars disappeared.

Mafia assassin? Is that something special or is that just a normal killer? Or was that the poisoner?

ok guys holy shit I know who the Mafia is

I'm the Policeman. If you look 'spicious, I jail ya up. I take a person's entire income for one night as bail; so in a way, I'm kind of an inforole. So far, my targets have been:

Supes: He gave me $10 bucks.

Zexion: He made me suspicious since he had no money, but he gave me $4 bucks, so he's clean.

ZM: He gave me some amount of money (I think it was $5?) so he, and PROBABLY (not for sure) ILS are clean. (Actually I should have targeted ILS, hindsight is 20/20.)

And last night, well I've been on vacation, so I forgot to sned in my action in time. :(

BUT

The players still alive:

ZM: Clear
VM: ???
Zexion: Clear
Lilycolo (moi): Clear
ILS: maybe
Wargle: ???

Since one of the mafia is dead, and Jack said in the registration thread there would be 3 mafia, there are two left. Which are most likely VM and Wargle!

AND!

Wargle said that he was added to the list of people that had to donate. But DA didn't confirm that! With my super-policeman policing skills, I would say Wargle looks VERY suspicious...

also I'm mildly rich judging by others so 10 bigguns on Wargle!

ALSO!

Now is as good a time for a mass claim as other! Cough it up.

(ps the reason they're clear is because innos get a non-zero amount as income and scum get 0 as income)

also we PROBABLY are going to have a poison kill tonight

I'm an NSA agent, and I wiretap phones and listen in on private calls to find out who a person targeted. Here is what I found:

N1: Superbird targeted DarkAura
N2: Lilycolo targeted Wargle
N3: Butterfree did not target anyone
N4: I forgot to send in an action :/

What stands out to me about Lilycolo's claim is the fact that she claims not to have targeted Wargle, yet this is not consistent with my tracking results. I can think of no reason for her to lie about it other than her being scum, so I'm going to put $12 toward lynching Lilycolo.

Aaaaand there it is. ILS, you are now fully cleared in my mind.

For now, I'd like the bandwagon to stay on Wargle, so I won't countervote for you. I'll raise you 13 for Wargle, though, in case I go offline.
Hmm. I agree this is quite a hesaid/shesaid. Combined with the fact that if I'm right and a poison kill will occur tonight, if we lynch the wrong person, the Scum outnumber.

However.

From the rules thread:

Every day phase, every player must submit a vote to either lynch someone or abstain. Anyone who does not submit a vote will be considered to have spent one night’s worth of income (or all the money they have left, whichever is less) toward lynching themself.

Combined with

Each role has a set income value that they’ll receive nightly (zero for anti-town, nonzero for town).

I spent $5 to lynch myself last night. That is my income I get every night. It is non-zero, so I am innocent. The other option is that I spent all my money on lynching myself, which would mean I would have to conjure up the 13 bucks I used on Wargle in one night! That's quite a lot. If I could do that each night, I surely would have more than just 5 bucks at the end of 3 nights. (considering DA confirmed I only gave 2 bucks a night, and spent 2 bucks on abstains).

Also how convienent of a claim you have. Supes and DA are both dead, I supposedly targeted Wargle and did... what? and of course Wargle will support you, because you're partners, 3rd night had a poison kill and we know Butterfree wasn't the poisoner, and you forgot to send in last night. Just like me! You convienently didn't mention your nightly income, either. What is it?

VM, entertaining the idea you are innocent, what do you say to Wargle's lying about the donations?

also if ZM confirms his income is 5 bucks, or if Zexion arises and confirms his income is 4 bucks + he got kept the second night, that clears me.

It wouldn't be hard for the mafia to scrounge up $13 in one night, given that they could just steal the money from one of the richer players. I don't see how that clears you.

I raise my vote to $15 against Lilycolo.

My point would be that even if I could get 13 in a night, which is quite a lot, I would have a lot more than 5 bucks at the end of 3 nights.

You still haven't answered my questions: What is your nightly income? What do you think of Wargle saying he had to give donation money, but that was impossible according to DA (confirmed innocent's) statements? Do you charge for your "wire tappings", if they're real?

also: shit. I thought I had some super secret info that only I knew... :( At least Zex hasn't posted his income, so pls let him get in here. pls.

Back
Top Bottom