• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats or Dogs?

Which is better, Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
Thats a hard choice... but I´ll say dogs ´cause I live with two wonderful Golden Reterivers :3 although I love cats too...

Cats, easily. Dogs are nice, but...

Alright, I'll list the pros and cons.

Dogs

Pros
* Easier to keep as an outside pet.
* Easier to train.
* A good pet for the disabled.
* Friendly and loyal.

Cons
* Difficult to care for.
* If neglected, can be dangerous.
* Dogs need the right environment to live in more so than cats.
* Your dog may have to 'use the bathroom' in the middle of the night...

Cats

Pros
* Friendly if treated properly.
* Easy to care for and very rewarding.
* Easier to keep as an indoor pet.
* Should need bathing at least every 2-3 years.

Cons
* Smelly litterbox.
* Difficult to train.

And despite what anyone tells you, cats are not dense just because they won't listen. In fact, I always thought dogs were the dense ones because they'll do anything you say. Plus, my cats do know some English and what it means; they'll just listen when they feel like it.

I like both equally? They're both fun, attentive, and affectionate.

If you're lucky you get the dog that thinks it's a cat.

I've never heard of a cat killing human.

I just had to say this... You said Cat Killing Human. I think you mean human killing cat.

To prove my point, you've probably heard of the phrase 'Drowned like an Unwanted kitten'

Yes, humans kill cats. And dogs. Sometimes I wonder what it would be lke if extremely intelligent cats/dogs ruled world.

I just had to say this... You said Cat Killing Human. I think you mean human killing cat.

To prove my point, you've probably heard of the phrase 'Drowned like an Unwanted kitten'

Yes, humans kill cats. And dogs. Sometimes I wonder what it would be lke if extremely intelligent cats/dogs ruled world.

I meant to to but an a in between the 'killing' and 'human'

^Not true. Certain cats are very social, as certain dogs are very anti-social. In fact, I know many social, friendly cats.

Cats. They're cute, cuddly and their purr is just adorable. They don't bark loudly or be annoying. And cats have this agile fast sort of feeling. Plus my second favorite pokemon is Skitty, a cat. Eevee is first but it dosen't really look like any animal...

From EeveeSkitty, the cat lover called Cathy...

And despite what anyone tells you, cats are not dense just because they won't listen. In fact, I always thought dogs were the dense ones because they'll do anything you say. Plus, my cats do know some English and what it means; they'll just listen when they feel like it.

Same here, I have 20 cats and my mum has... a lot more, and most of them respond to their names and some other things

Also, y'know how when you come home and your dogs are like all over you? Whenever I go to my mum's house one of the cats is like that with me :)

Cats win, paws down. I love everything about them. They're fast and agile, which I would prefer to huge and strong any day, and they're really smart. Most of the cats I know can figure out almost any problem, and respond to a lot of English. I remember a foster cat of mine who would study the pictures that were hanging on the wall.

And the dogs I know... Well, how can I put this? The smartest one I've met has to have about five brain cells. I can't help but think that an animal that will blindly do whatever it's told to isn't the sharpest claw on the paw.

Not to mention that cats have personalities. With dogs, it seems like they're either stupidly happy and obedient or vicious and mean. Felidae, however, can be just as diverse as humans when it comes to their dispositions.

Plus, anything that has the nerve to smack around something at least fifty times its size has to be awesome. =D

(And I'm not gonna be a traitor to my own species.)

Last edited:
And the dogs I know... Well, how can I put this? The smartest one has to have about five brain cells. I can't help but think that an animal that will blindly do whatever it's told to isn't the sharpest claw on the paw.

Not to mention that cats have personalities. With dogs, it seems like they're either stupidly happy and obedient or vicious and mean. Felidae, however, can be just as diverse as humans when it comes to their dispositions.

Plus, anything that has the nerve to smack around something at least fifty times its size has to be awesome. =D

(And I'm not gonna be a traitor to my own species.)
Not true. Dogs have a variety of different personalities. I have met many and observed that each and every one of them acts differently. Further, not all dogs are obedient, vicious, or mean. Certain breeds are more difficult to train than others. I happen to have dogs that are neither obedient, nor vicious, nor mean. That is just a stereotype, all dogs are different, just as all humans and cats are different.

I suspect that you have not met many dogs. Also, dogs are not stupid. For example, my sister has a very intelligent dog who can solve a little puzzle. He loves to solve his little puzzle, it keeps him entertained. And he only does the puzzle when he feels like it, not when we tell him to.

And finally, a chihuahua can also have the nerve to smack something around fifty times its size. In fact, it can bite. Hard. And I know this from experience. :D

Last edited:
I like both equally. In my dream life I'm going to have a cute little shorthaired gray tabby and an awesome Rottweiler because Rotties are the best dogs in the universe. Mm, gray cats and black-and-tan dogs... awesomesauce, for please.

...although I'll probably only ever get the cat simply because I plan to live in an apartment (I don't really see a reason to buy a whole house) and depending on the situation a large dog might not work so well with that. :/ Also, while they obviously require maintenance and care and stuff, cats are generally better pets for lazy people like me. You don't have to walk a cat. And you can teach them to use a toilet!

Back
Top Bottom