• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats With Wings!?

Charizard Morph

has doomed us all.
Look at this, a cat with wings.
Or rather, two cats with wings.
Evelution? Mutation? Genetic experimentation?
Will my cat grow wings?
Maybe it's a pokemon!!! XD Lol. (sorry)

Pictures1

Pictures2

I think it's pretty cute, but it's an interesting and puzzeling growth, and if this gene continues through lines of we may have some interesting cats.
What do you think?

Haha, I Stumbled this a couple of times :3

I would say "so many LOLcats must have been made", but I can't think of any captions. xD

There's been reports of "winged cats" before, but in most cases they turned out to be cats with really bad matted fur. My cat gets clumps like that all the time.

For this, it probably is some kind of mutation/deformation. I doubt the cat can actually fly with them. They're saying that one cat is male, and it's a calico. Calico cats are pretty much always female, so if this cat is actually male then there has to be something funky up.

In the second link, the third picture is of a different cat. It has a black spot over its eye, while the first two pictures has a cat with no black spot over the eye.

The first one might be possible. It's cute.

The calico thing is technally another genetic mutation, i read something about it a while ago.

And about thirty seconds after i posted this i noticed the other cat.

Heh, when I saw the title of the thread I thought it would be some ridiculous thing, but this is pretty fascinating. Whether they figure it out or not, I bet some greedy person might attempt to start breeding cats that have wings. Who knows, it might end up as the new style of pet! I wonder what the cat's parents were like...

If they learn how to fly with them cats will be even more assholish than they already are.
But we will accept them because we as humans love little kitties ;w;

maybe if they bred the cats with the largest wings (like they did wit the smallest and tamest wolfs to get dogs) then in a bunch of generations we will have flying cats

I doubt that they would ever be able to fly, even if they were bred to have large wings, but think on this, what if they got large enough wings that they could glide? It's and interedting thing to think on, although it's very unlikely.

I just want to know more about the "genetic mutation" It seems like they're real wings, i read a couple of articles with a few words from scientists, and that the wings seem to have bones. Of course, i'm a bit of a freak about genetic mutations and gene splicing, sooo...

Man, first glow-in-the-dark green monkeys, and now cute little kitties with wings?

MOOOOMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!

Cats with wings aren't really cats in my opinion. Everyone's like "aww they're so cute" but it just isn't what I know a cat to be. I can't explain it exactly but I don't like these 'winged' cats.

Back
Top Bottom