• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Hi!

Format: 1v1 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Nothing
Arena Description: Lake Under a Saucer

This battle takes place in a lake under a mysterious flying saucer! It doesn't do anything though.

(Am I doing this right?)

Also, a bit of an experimental challenge, for I liek Squirtles:

Format: 2v2 double
DQ: two weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, recovery (Rest, direct healing, Heal Pulse, Wish), Attract, chills limited to three/Pokemon
Arena Description: Dupli Cave

A small, twisting road leads up to this recently discovered cave structure, which houses one of the only wild Ditto populations in Asber. The cave is fairly spacious with a high, arching ceiling, and it's lit by variously colored glowing stones protected by a mystical energy that repels all attacks. The secluded Ditto have had much time to practice fighting, and are more than happy to lend a hand to trainers who want to battle.

Each trainer will send out one Pokemon, and a Ditto will take the shape of the opponent's Pokemon. Say Trainer X sends out Pokemon A, and Trainer Y sends out Pokemon B. Then X will be commanding A and a Ditto transformed into B, and Y will be commanding B and a Ditto transformed into A. Each transformed Ditto's moves' base damage are increased by 1% because of their battle experience but they expend 2% more energy per action. At the end of the battle, each original Pokemon gains experience and happiness equal to the amount they would have received in a normal double battle plus the amount the Ditto fighting on their side would have received.

This sounds... interesting. Count me in.

Hmmm, this could be pretty fun. I'll ref this, thread up in a sec!

Format: 2v2 single
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves, Direct recovery moves, Rest, Wish
Arena Description: Asber Courtroom No. 6

When the Asber judiciary isn't using this courtroom for an ongoing trial, it is rented out to battlers wishing to hone their skills in a more "official" setting. Crowds often gather in the gallery to watch passionate trainers yell out commands from behind the defense and prosecution benches, as their Pokémon battle it out in the center of the courtroom. Sometimes, an actual judge will volunteer to referee the battle from the judge's seat.

Additional Notes: All Pokémon are capable of performing the following moves:
  • OBJECTION! - A sound-based special attack that deals 8% typeless damage.
  • HOLD IT! - Interrupts an opponent's attack, causing it to only do 1/2 damage while also lowering the target's defenses by one stage.
  • TAKE THAT! - A random item from the Court Record is thrown at the target. The effects of this move are identical to those of Fling, but with an added 40 base power.
This is an open challenge.

I hope i can accept this battle soon

Another ref test, this time for I liek Squirtles. Metallica Fanboy will be the supervising ref; we just need someone else to pick up the battle.

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

Another ref test, this time for I liek Squirtles. Metallica Fanboy will be the supervising ref; we just need someone else to pick up the battle.

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.

If I want to accept this challenge, would that be fine? If there wouldn't be a problem, I'd prefer to choose a rental team, please.

Sorry in case I've made any mistake.

Hi!

Format: 1v1 Single
Banned/Restricted Moves: Nothing
Arena Description: Lake Under a Saucer

This battle takes place in a lake under a mysterious flying saucer! It doesn't do anything though.

(Am I doing this right?)

I just finished up a battle, so I hope you don't mind me accepting this.

Format: 2 v 2 single, open challenge
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Water Sport (Why? Because I just don't like the move)
Arena Description: The Moistening of Barack Obama
The Battle is set in the average teenage girl's room. However, the room is rather large, like the size of a tennis court. The floor and the walls are pink and, of course, are covered in posters. Posters of Barack Obama mostly. The girl's sheets are in the pattern of an American flag. All of her books are Obama biographies and her stuffed toys are ones of Michelle and Barack and their two kids. Her curtains have the Barack Obama's face in concentric circles and the lamp shade is in the shape of Barack Obama's head. What are the rules? Well, for starters, whenever something goes your way (i.e. something with 50% or less chance of happening happens in your favour) then you must state "Thanks Obama" in your next post, otherwise your Pokémon will lose 1% health. Any and all moves that heal a Pokémon must be called Obamacare Brand (for example, Absorb will be called Obamacare Brand Absorb) otherwise it will not be recognised as a move. Any mentioning of Joe Biden by you will halve your Pokémon's current health (this is affected by the damage cap). You may not call your opponent by their username, instead you must call them Mitt Romney.

I have no idea why I haven't entered more battles yet. Fixing that with another recycled arena!

Format: 3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage cap: 33%
Banned moves: OHKOs
Arena: Abandoned Stone Factory

This arena is situated in the dilapidated warehouse of a factory employed at one time to make evolution stones. It was evacuated about 25 years ago- possibly after some sort of accident, nobody knows. All they do know is there's radiation from the stones they worked with everywhere and the place is in terrible shape. After a lot of inspection and research by guys with Geiger counters and lead suits, the radiation was declared harmless to humans and Pokémon. People who insist on entering for whatever strange reason are now allowed to do so. However, the radiation, though harmless, has some... interesting effects on Pokémon. Due to its intensity it can randomly mutate Pokémon into an entirely different species. At the end of each round, both Pokémon will evolve at random into anything from Magikarp to Tyranitar- anything as long as it belongs to an evolutionary family. Pokémon may move back and forth along the evolution scale, by any number of spaces, but may not change into any Pokémon within the same family twice in a row (e.g. Machop -> Krookodile or Dragonite -> Caterpie are legal, but Sandile -> Krookodile or Dragonite -> Dratini are not). Typing and movepools will shift to accommodate their new form, but abilities, status effects and stat changes remain after evolution (except where burned Pokémon evolve into Fire types or poisoned Pokémon evolve into Poison or Steel types.) There are also samples of the factory's erstwhile stock lying under the rubble, meaning that Pokémon have a 5% chance of discovering a random evolution stone each action. These are forbidden from being removed from the premises, but trainers will be remunerated by $1 for each stone confiscated at the end of battle. The dilapidated nature of the arena also means that vigorous attacks that upset the ground or structure will cause bricks to crumble away, and there is a 30% chance that the falling rocks will hit a battling Pokémon, dealing 5% Rock damage.

Other: No water, so fish Pokémon are not recommended; however there are many large chunks of floor gouged out of that could be filled up.

---

Profile in postbit.

Takies c:
Taking this one!

Format: 1 vs 1, Single
DQ: 5 Days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct Healing Moves, OHKO's, Moves that require an external water or plant source, Chills restricted to 3/Pokemon
Arena Description: Evolution Mountain
In southern Kanto, almost everyone has heard of Stone Town, which lies at the base of Evolution Mountain. The battle will take place high up on the mountain, with no water or foliage around. Everything seems like a normal stone battlefield, however there is an extra effect. Due to the high volume of evolution stones within the mountain, the effects of any evolution stone held by a battler will have its effects doubled (i.e. In strong sunlight, a Sun Stone would restore 4% health and energy, instead of 2%).
Additional Rules: Unevolved Pokemon only

Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct Healing Moves, OHKO's, Moves that require an external water or plant source, Chills restricted to 3/Pokemon
In southern Kanto, almost everyone has heard of Stone Town, which lies at the base of Evolution Mountain. The battle will take place high up on the mountain, with no water or foliage around. Everything seems like a normal stone battlefield, however there is an extra effect. Due to the high volume of evolution stones within the mountain, the effects of any evolution stone held by a battler will have its effects doubled (i.e. In strong sunlight, a Sun Stone would restore 4% health and energy, instead of 2%).

Nooo, I've been waiting all afternoon for someone to accept this so I can swoop in and take it for myself to ref, but no one has yet and I have to leave soon! >:( Dibs on reffing this man thanks.

Nooo, I've been waiting all afternoon for someone to accept this so I can swoop in and take it for myself to ref, but no one has yet and I have to leave soon! >:( Dibs on reffing this man thanks.

i'll accept this

( afaik i have 1 open battle spot )

I'll take this challenge then! Hoo, haa! This is it! The muscles that will make the future bright!

Well, I guess that... worked a little too well? Heh. I won't be able to post the thread until tonight in any case so I guess Grass King has time to work that out.

Geez, at least try to be subtle about grabbing all the 1v1s...

Subtlety is too much effort... I must fill the new Draco Meteor-sized hole in my heart :'(

i replyed to the wrong post about me accepting this :(

Back
Top Bottom